RIST 2021 Entrance Exam
Regional Institute of Science and Technology ( RIST ) invites admission Application for B. Tech programs for the academic session 2021 – 2022.
RIST 2021 B.Tech Courses
|1||Computer Sc. & Engineering ( CSE )||120||4 Years|
|2||Electronics & Commun. Engineering ( ECE )||60||4 Years|
|3||Electrical & Electronics Engineering ( EEE )||60||4 Years|
|4||Civil Engineering ( CE )||120||4 Years|
|5||Mechanical Engineering ( ME )||60||4 Years|
RIST 2021 Eligibility
H.S ( 10+2 ) Science or equivalent examination with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subject along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology having passed in each of the subjects with 45% marks in the above subjects taken together ( 40% marks for SC / ST / Minority ) .
RIST 2021 Eligibility B.Tech Lateral Entry
Candidates who have passed the final Diploma examination in a branch of study ( as per AICTE guideline ) conducted by any State Board of Technical Education in respective branch of Engineering / Technology ( after 10th or 10+2 ). Securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate will be eligible for admission into the 3rd semester of B.Tech course. B.Sc. degree holders with Maths & Physics are also eligible.
The eligible candidates are required to submit the duly filled application forms in Admission Offices. Such candidates need not appear in the entrance test. Their merit list will be prepared based on the total marks obtained by them in the diploma examination. Those who are appearing for the final year Diploma will be eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the mark Sheet at the time of admission.
Reservation for Girls
33% seats shall be accommodated for girl students including all branches. 25% seats will be available to students from different Minorities / tribal and other backward communities subject the fulfillment of admission policy of ERDF. The Management reserves the right of “special category admissions” under Management Quota ( 10% of the total capacity ).
Exemption from the Admission Test
- Candidates nominated against reserved seats for other North Eastern states, by their respective governments / Technical Directorate, provided they satisfy the conditions for eligibility of ERD Foundation.
- Candidates ranked within first 10 positions in the Meghalaya & Assam Higher Secondary ( Science stream ) examination, provided they secure not less than 75% marks in aggregate in the year in which they seek admission. Such candidates must apply for their direct admission within 15 days of publication of their qualifying examination results.
- 10 % of seats will be filled through the quota reserved for the State of Meghalaya
- 5% of the seats will be filled through the quota reserved for other states of North east.
- 15% of seats will be filled through AIEEE. These seats will be known as AIEEE seats.
- However, should a vacancy remain in any of the reserved category seat at the end of the counseling for ERDF CET seats, the same shall be converted into a general seat.
RIST 2021 Criteria for Selection
- Rank in ERDF CET OR
- Vaild JEE ( Mains ) / State CEE Ranks ( upto 15% of total Intake ) OR
- Nomination by the concerned Directorate of Technical & Higher Education
RIST 2021 Online Application Form
How To apply
The Prospectus & Registration Form can be obtained on payment of ₹ 500.00 for Regular Entry ( B.Tech ) & ₹ 1000.00 for Lateral Entry ( B.Tech ). Form can also be downloaded from the website & submitted along with a DD of ₹ 500.00 ( Regular Entry ) / Rs.1000.00 ( Lateral Entry ) in favor of “Regional Institute of Science & Technology” payable at “Khanapara” .
The filled up forms can be sent to any of the below mentioned addresses
RIST, Techno City,
Kling Road, 9th Mile,
ERDF Bhawan, Sijubari Road,
Free Admission for Meritorious Poor Students
ERD Foundation has taken an initiative to support and provide free education to the exceptionally meritorious students belonging to families of BELOW POVERTY LINE as they cannot afford the financial liability of such courses. Till date the Foundation has given 12 ( Twelve ) free admissions & 30 ( thirty ) students have been given concessional admissions in different branches of B.Tech Programmes.
RIST 2021 Important Dates
|1||Academic Session RIST||July, 2021|
|2||Issue of RIST 2021 Application Form||15th February, 2021|
|3||Date of Admission Test||July, 2021|
|4||Date of RIST Admission||July to August, 2021|
|5||Commencement of RIST 2021 Classes||1st August,2021|
Online Application 14 December 2020 to 21 January 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.