Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology – SLIET SET 2016
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology ( SLIET ), established by the Government of India, provides technical education in emerging areas of Engineering & Technology. It caters to the requirement of technical manpower at various levels by adopting the concept of modular system in imparting technical education with emphasis on practical training in industry. Set up in 1989 under Rajiv Gandhi – Longowal accord with an aim to fulfil the cherished dreams of late Sant Harchand Singh Longowal, the Institute has carved for itself a niche place among the professional Institutes and Universities of the country.
The Institute is fully funded by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The educational program of this institute are non-conventional, innovative, practical oriented and contain all aspects of new education policy ( 1986 ) of Govt. of India. The Institute offers programs at Certificate, Diploma, Degree, Post – graduate ( M.Tech., MBA and M.Sc. ) and Ph.D. in Science, Humanities, Management, Engineering and Technology. The M.Tech. Programs were started in the Institute in 2002.
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology University invites application for admission of BE, BE ( Lateral Entry ) & M Tech Programs for the academic year of 2016 – 2017. BE Program admission based on the JEE Main 2016 & M Tech Program admission based on Valid GATE 2016 Score.
SLIET SET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for B.E Programs :
Candidates are advised to refer to JEE ( Main )2016 website. The eligibility conditions of JEE ( Main ) 2016 will be applicable.
( *The decision of Admission Committee regarding equivalency shall be final and binding upon the candidate ).
Duration : The duration of B.E. Program is 4 years.
Eligibility for B.E ( Lateral Entry ) Programs :
All candidates who have passed Diploma course in any discipline from SLIET or from any other polytechnic affiliated with any State Board of Technical Education and approved by All India Council for Technical Education ( AICTE ), securing 55% marks ( 50% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories ) are eligible to compete for admission to the appropriate B.E. programs
Those who are appearing in final examination may also apply.
Duration : The candidates who get admission in B.E. through lateral entry will have to spend 3 Yrs to complete their course.
Eligibility for M.Tech Programs :
- Holds a B.Tech. / B.E. / B.Sc. ( Engg. ) Degree of recognized University / Institute in the appropriate branch. OR has passed Section ‘B’ of the Institution of Engineers ( India ) in appropriate branch or Grade IETE and has three years of professional experience in reputed organization. The candidates must have secured at least 60% marks ( 55% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories ) in aggregate in qualifying degree.
- Must have a valid GATE score.
- For appropriate branches at graduate level eligible for admission in various M.Tech. courses, candidates are advised to refer to website of CCMT – 2016.
- For Industry-Institute sponsored category seats, appropriate branches for admission in various M.Tech. courses are as under :
- M. Tech. ( Manufacturing Systems Engineering ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. ( Welding and Fabrication ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering /Welding Technology / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. ( Food Engineering & Technology ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Food Technology / Food Engineering / Agricultural & Food Engineering/Food Processing & Preservation/Food Processing Engineering /Food Processing Technology or equivalent*.
- M. Tech. ( Instrumentation & Control Engineering ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation & Control or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. ( Chemical Engineering ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Chemical Engineering / Chemical Technology / Chemical Engineering ( Plastic and Polymer ) / Chemical and Polymer Engineering / Chemical & Alcohol Technology / Chemical and Bio-Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. ( Electronics & Communication Engineering ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. ( Computer Science & Engineering ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Technology / Computer Science / Information Technology / Computer Science and Information Technology / Computer Science and System Engineering / Computer Engineering & Applications.
Duration : The duration of M.Tech. program is 2 years.
To Know more about Entrance Exam Click Here
SLIET SET 2016 Disciplines & Seats
For B.Tech :
Available disciplines of study and information regarding distribution of seats are given :
|S.No||Branch of Engineering||Total Seats|
|3||Computer Science & Engineering||50|
|4||Electronics & Communication Engineering||25|
|5||Instrumentation & Control Engineering||25|
|7||Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Engineering)||31|
|8||Mechanical Engineering (Welding Technology)||31|
For B.Tech Lateral Entry :
Available disciplines of study and information regarding distribution of seats are given :
|S.No.||Discipline||Seats Available||Seats for Vertical Entry*||Seats for Direct Entry*|
|1||Chemical Engineering (GCT)||43||12||31|
|2||Food Technology (GFT)||50||12||38|
|3||Computer Science & Engineering (GCS)||67||15||52|
|4||Electronics & Communication Engineering (GEC)||47||15||32|
|5||Instrumentation & Control Engineering (GIN)||51||15||36|
|6||Electrical Engineering (GEE)||14||00||14|
|7||(a) Mechanical Engineering–(Manufacturing Engg.) (GME)||53||30||23|
|(b) Mechanical Engineering–(Welding Technology) (GWT)||45||30||15|
For MTech Program :
Available discipline of study and information regarding the distribution of seats are as given . Reservation of seats will be as per Govt. of India rules but the same will not apply to Industry-Institute sponsored seats mentioned below:
|S.No||Name of the Department||Name of M.Tech. Programme||Sanctioned Seats*||Open||Industry- Institute Sponsored|
|1||Mechanical Engineering (ME)||M.Tech. in Manufacturing Systems Engineering (PG- MSE)||36||31||05|
|2||Mechanical Engineering (ME)||M.Tech. in Welding and Fabrication (PG-WLF)||25||20||05|
|3||Food Engineering & Technology (FET)||M. Tech. in Food Engineering & Technology (PG-FET)||36||31||05|
|4||Computer science and Engineering||M.Tech. in Computer science and Engineering (PG- CSE)||25||20||05|
|5||Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)||M.Tech. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering(PG-ICE)||25||20||05|
|6||Chemical Engineering (CE)||M.Tech. Chemical Engineering (PG-CE)||25||20||05|
|7||Electronics & Comm. Engg. (ECE)||M.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering(PG-ECE)||25||20||05|
SLIET SET 2016 Exam Pattern
There will be only one paper of two & half hours duration and of 150 marks.
Note : There will be objective type questions with four options having single correct answer. For each incorrect response, one fourth ( ¼ ) of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted. However, no deduction of marks will be made if no response is indicated for an item in the OMR Answer Sheet. The candidates appearing for Examination are advised not to attempt such item in the answer sheet if they are not sure of the correct response. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked. All objective type questions are required to be answered on OMR Answer Sheet to be provided at the time of Examination. Answers are to be marked using ball point pen ( black / blue ) only.
SLIET SET 2016 Exam Centres
|18||Fatehgarh Sahib||50||Nawanshahr ( SBS Nagar )|
|30||Hyderabad||62||Tarn Taran Sahib|
SLIET SET 2016 Admission Procedure
For BE Programs :
Admission will be done through JEE ( Main ) 2016. Eligible candidates will fill the application form of JEE ( Main ) 2016. Subsequently counseling will be done by CSAB 2016. All candidates are advised to refer to website of JEE ( Main ) 2016 ( www.jeemain.nic.in ) and CSAB 2016 / JoSAA 2016 website for further details.
For BE Lateral Entry Programs :
There are two categories of seats in this program
- Vertical Entry Seats
- Direct Entry Seats
The admission to both the categories will be based on All India SLIET Entrance Test ( SET ). There will be cutoff mark for admission. The admission procedure to these two categories is as under :
Vertical Entry Seats ( Only for SLIET students admitted in the year 2014 ) :
There shall be vertical mobility of 50% of the sanctioned strength in each Diploma program of SLIET to B.E. program. The linkage between Diploma and B.E. For vertical promotion from Diploma to B.E against these reserved seats, the Diploma students shall apply in Entrance Test ( SET ). Such students are required to apply through online mode. However, the students admitted under Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) and Non Resident Indians ( NRI ) category will not be eligible for Vertical Entry Seats. A SLIET student will be eligible for admission under this category who had got admission to Diploma course in 2014-2015 and not earlier and had completed the Diploma course in the prescribed period of normal study i.e. two years and by availing only prescribed chances to clear a subject. The admission to these seats will be on the basis of merit of All India SLIET Entrance Test ( SET ) If any Vertical entry seats remain vacant, it shall be filled by Direct entry category.
Direct Entry Seats ( For outside candidates and SLIET students ) :
All candidates possessing entry qualification ( Diploma) prescribed as per Table are eligible to compete for direct entry seats for various B.E.programs .The admission to these seats is on the basis of merit of the All India SLIET Entrance Test ( SET ) conducted by the institute.
For MTech Programs :
(i) Admission to M.Tech. will be through Centralized Counselling for M.Tech. ( CCMT 2016 )*. Candidates interested in M.Tech. admission at SLIET should visit CCMT 2016 website. For Institute spot admission as per CCMT 2016 schedule and Industry-Institute sponsored seats to be filled by the Institute, follow Institute websites www.sliet.ac.in for announcement in this regard. *CCMT 2016 means Centralized Counselling for M.Tech. / M.Plan in NITs and CFTIs to be conducted by NIT, Surathkal for the session 2016 – 2017.
There shall be a minimum number of students required to run the course as approved by the senate. If seats remain vacant in M. Tech. programme after admission through CCMT, the institute will conduct SET Entrance examination at SLIET on the date to be informed later. The procedure for filling vacant seats in M.Tech. shall be as under:
- Preference will be given to the candidates having valid GATE score.
- If seats still remain vacant the candidates appeared in the SET will be considered as per merit.
(ii) Conditions for Industry-Institute Sponsored Category
- The candidates interested for admission in M. Tech. Programs under this category shall report for spot admissions as per notified counselling schedule.
- The qualifications / eligibility criterion, fee structure and other details will be similar as for other categories as mentioned in this Chapter.
- Preference will be given to those who have qualified in GATE. If still seats remain vacant, then the admission will be made on the basis of merit of Qualifying Examination.
- The candidate must have a minimum of two years full time experience ( after completion of Degree ) in a registered Firm / Company / Industry / Education and Research Institutions / any Government Dept. or Government Autonomous Organizations in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.
- A letter from the employer must be furnished along with application stating that the candidate is being sponsored to get admission. The employer should also indicate that the candidate would not be withdrawn mid-way till the completion of the course .
- Candidate will be required to submit his / her last month’s verified salary slip from the employer, along with the application.
- In case of any dispute the decision of the Admission Committee will be treated to be final and binding upon the candidate(s).
- The candidate to be admitted under this category is require to deposit fee
SLIET SET 2016 Application Form
SLIET SET 2016 Application Form available in the website : www.sliet.ac.in. Application Fee Process of registration shall be ONLINE only.
Online Application Fee :
- General & Other Categories ( Boys ) : ₹1200/*-
- General & Other Categories ( Girls ) : ₹ 800/*-
- SC / ST ( Boys and Girls ) : ₹ 600/*-
Mode of payment :
- e-Challan, Netbanking, Debit and Credit Card
To Know more about Application Form Click Here
SLIET 2016 Admit cards
Admit Card will be provided in Duplicate. One Admit Card has to be deposited at examination centre at the time of examination and other copy shall be retained by the candidate for future use.
Admit Card can be downloaded from Institute website www.sliet.ac.in.
All the candidates shall print their Admit Cards from the respective login after 25th May, 2016. In case of any difficulty in printing / downloading the Admit Card, the candidate should contact / inform the Issuing Authority immediately but not later than 01st June, 2016. The form number / roll number is the prime means for locating the application and it should always be quoted in all correspondence & enquiry. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card. The admit card meant for candidate should be preserved carefully
SLIET 2016 Syllabus
- General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude & English
- Basics of Engineering
To Know more about Syllabus Click Here
SLIET 2016 Results
SLIET BE Lateral Entry Entrance Exam Results will be declared on 16th June, 2016.
To Know more about Results Click Here
SLIET 2016 Merit List
For admission to B.E. Programs :
B.E. Program (4-Yr) : Admission to B.E. will be based on JEE ( Main ) 2016 and counseling through CSAB /JoSAA 2016. For Institute spot admission CSAB /JoSAA-2016 schedule will be followed. Refer Institute website www.sliet.ac.in from time to time.
B.E. ( Lateral Entry ) : Merit list will be prepared in three broad categories separately i.e. Group A – Electronics / Computer / Instrumentation Group B – Mechanical, Group C – Chemical & Food . The Candidate who qualifies in SLIET Entrance Test ( SET ) will be admitted in the same Group in which he / she has applied and appeared.
For admission to M.Tech. program :
Admission to M.Tech. will be through Centralized Counselling for M.Tech. / M.Plan (CCMT-2016) in NITs and CFTIs to be conducted by NIT, Surathkal for the session 2016-17. For spot admission CCMT-2016 schedule will be followed. Refer Institute website www.sliet.ac.in from time to time
SLIET 2016 Important Dates
|BTech ( 4 Year Program )||Based on JEE Main 2016|
|BTech Lateral Entry Program|
|Last date for receipt of complete Application Form||6th May ,2016 ( Friday )|
|Admit Card Download||25th May, 2016 to 1st June, 2016|
|B.E.( Lateral Entry ) Entrance Exam Date||5th June, 2016 ( Sunday )( 14.30 – 17.00 Hours )|
|Declaration of Result||16th June, 2016 ( Thursday )|
|Online Counselling and Document Verification*|
|First Phase-Choice Filling||19th June, 2016 to 21st June, 2016|
|First provisional allotment||22nd June, 2016|
|Payment of Seat holding fee( with choice of auto upgradation )||23rd June, 2016 to 27th June, 2016|
|Upgradation of seat hold in 1st round and Second provisional allotment||28th June, 2016|
|**Payment of Seat holding fee( with choice of auto upgradation )||29th June, 2016 to 30th June, 2016|
|Document Verification & Institute Fee Deposition ( at SLIET Longowal )|
|All Vertically Promoted Candidates||13th July, 2016 & 14th July, 2016|
|All Reserve Categories ( External )||13th July, 2016 & 14th July, 2016|
|General Category ( External )||13th July, 2016 & 14th July, 2016|
|Second Phase-Choice Filling ( for those candidates who have not filled their choices earlier ) / modification of choice for non allottees||15th July, 2016 to 18th July, 2016|
|First provisional allotment||19th July, 2016|
|**Seat holding fee (with choice of auto up-gradation)||19th July, 2016 & 20th July, 2016|
|Final allotment & Payment of seat holding fee ( new allottee only )||21st July, 2016 & 22nd July, 2016|
|Document Verification / Fee Deposition : Verification of Documents and deposition of fee at SLIET, Longowal.||25th July, 2016|
|Upgradation||26th July, 2016|
|Spot Round||29th July, 2016|
|MTech Admission||Based on Valid GATE Score|
|To Proceed Registration : http://www.sliet.net.in/StudentLogin.aspx|
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology,
Longowal – 148 106,
Distt. Sangrur (Punjab), India,
Website : www.sliet.ac.in
engineering entrance exam - sliet set -