SLIET SET 2017 Entrance Exam
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology University Entrance Exam ( SLIET SET ) invites admission Application for BE, BE ( Lateral Entry ) & M Tech programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
SLIET SET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for B.E Programs :
- Candidates are advised to refer to JEE ( Main ) – 2017 website. The eligibility conditions of JEE ( Main ) – 2017 will be applicable.
- ( *The decision of Admission Committee regarding equivalency shall be final and binding upon the candidate ) .
Duration : The duration of B.E. Programme is 4 years.
Eligibility for B.E ( Lateral Entry ) Programs :
All candidates who have passed Diploma course in any discipline from SLIET or from any other polytechnic affiliated with any State Board of Technical Education and approved by All India Council for Technical Education ( AICTE ) , securing 55% marks ( 50% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories ) are eligible to compete for admission to the appropriate B.E. programmes Those who are appearing in final examination may also apply.
Duration : The candidates who get admission in B.E. through lateral entry will have to spend 3 Yrs to complete their course.
Eligibility for M.Tech Programs :
- Holds a B.Tech. / B.E. / B.Sc. ( Engg. ) Degree of recognized University / Institute in the appropriate branch. ( or ) has passed Section ‘B’ of the Institution of Engineers ( India ) in appropriate branch or Grade IETE and has three years of professional experience in reputed organization. The candidates must have secured at least 60% marks ( 55% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories ) in aggregate in qualifying degree.
- Must have a valid GATE score.
- For appropriate branches at graduate level eligible for admission in various M.Tech. courses, candidates are advised to refer to website of CCMT – 2017.
- For Industry – Institute sponsored category seats, appropriate branches for admission in various M.Tech. courses are as under :
- M. Tech. ( Manufacturing Systems Engineering ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. ( Welding and Fabrication ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / Welding Technology / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. ( Food Engineering & Technology ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Food Technology / Food Engineering / Agricultural & Food Engineering / Food Processing & Preservation / Food Processing Engineering / Food Processing Technology or equivalent*.
- iv ) M. Tech. ( Instrumentation & Control Engineering ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation & Control or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. ( Chemical Engineering ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Chemical Engineering / Chemical Technology / Chemical Engineering ( Plastic and Polymer ) / Chemical and Polymer Engineering / Chemical & Alcohol Technology / Chemical and Bio – Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. ( Electronics & Communication Engineering ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. ( Computer Science & Engineering ) : Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Technology / Computer Science / Information Technology / Computer Science and Information Technology / Computer Science and System Engineering / Computer Engineering & Applications.
Note : In addition to above appropriate branches for courses at SLIET, Longowal as mentioned at the CCMT – 2017 website are also valid. Eligibility conditions laid down in CCMT – 2017 shall also be applicable. ( *The decision of Admission Committee regarding equivalency shall be final and binding upon the candidate ) .
Duration : The duration of M. Tech. programme is 2 years.
SLIET SET 2017 Disciplines & Seats
For B.Tech :
Available disciplines of study and information regarding distribution of seats :
|S.No||Branch of Engineering||Seats|
|3||Computer Science & Engineering||50|
|4||Electronics & Communication Engineering||25|
|5||Instrumentation & Control Engineering||25|
|7||Mechanical Engineering ( Manufacturing Engineering )||31|
|8||Mechanical Engineering ( Welding Technology )||31|
For B.Tech Lateral Entry :
Available disciplines of study and information regarding distribution of seats are given :
|S.No||Discipline||Seats Available||Seats for Vertical Entry||Seats for Direct Entry*|
|ICD - 2014||DIPLOMA - 2015|
|1||Chemical Engineering ( GCT )||49||30||NIL||19*|
|2||Food Technology ( GFT )||56||30||12||14*|
|3||Computer Science & Engineering ( GCS )||90||60||15||15*|
|4||Electronics & Communication Engineering ( GEC )||47||30||15||02*|
|5||Instrumentation & Control Engineering ( GIN )||52||30||15||07*|
|6||Electrical Engineering ( GEE )||45||30||00||15*|
|7||Mechanical Engineering– ( Manufacturing Engg. ) ( GME )||67||38||29||NIL|
|Mechanical Engineering– ( Welding Technology ) ( GWT )||66||37||29||NIL|
For M.Tech Program :
Available discipline of study and information regarding the distribution of seats are as given Reservation of seats will be as per Govt. of India rules but the same will not apply to Industry – Institute sponsored seats mentioned below:
|S.No||Name of the||Name of M.Tech. Programme||Seats||Open||Sponsored|
|1||Mechanical Engineering ( ME )||M.Tech. in Manufacturing Systems Engineering ( PGMSE )||36||31||05|
|2||Mechanical Engineering ( ME )||M.Tech.in Weldingand Fabrication ( PG - WLF )||25||20||05|
|3||FoodEngineering& Technology ( FET )||M.Tech.inFoodEngineering&Technology ( PG - FET )||36||31||05|
|4||Computer science and Engineering||M.Tech. in Computer science and Engineering ( PGCSE )||25||20||05|
|5||Electrical &Instrumentation Engineering ( EIE )||M.Tech. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering ( PG - ICE )||25||20||05|
|6||Chemical Engineering ( CE )||M.Tech. Chemical Engineering ( PG - CE )||25||20||05|
|7||Electronics & Comm. Engg. ( ECE )||M.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering ( PG - ECE )||25||20||05|
SLIET 2017 Exam Pattern
There will be only one paper of two & half hours duration and of 150 marks for SET – I, SET – 1A & SET – III. For SET – V, it shall be of two hours duration and having 100 marks.
The syllabi and distribution of marks for SET – I,SET – 1A & SET – III, SET – IV and SET – V are given in the Chapter – III, IV, V ,VII and IX respectively and all the syllabus can also be downloaded from the institute website www.sliet.ac.in.
Note : There will be objective type questions with four options having single correct answer. For each incorrect response, one fourth ( 1 / 4th ) of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted for SET – I, SET – IA and SET – III. There shall be NO NEGATIVE marking for SET – V ( Ph.D. Programmes ) . However, no deduction of marks will be made if no response is indicated for an item in the OMR Answer Sheet. The candidates appearing for Examination are advised not to attempt such item in the answer sheet if they are not sure of the correct response. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked. All objective type questions are required to be answered on OMR Answer Sheet to be provided at the time of Examination. Answers are to be marked using ball point pen ( black / blue ) only.
To Know more about Entrance Exam Click Here
SLIET SET 2017 Application Form
- SLIET SET 2017 Online Application Form is available Official website : www.sliet.ac.in .
- Application Fee Process of registration shall be Online only.
Online Application Fee :
- General & Other Categories ( Boys ) : 1200 / –
- General & Other Categories ( Girls ) : 800 / –
- SC / ST ( Boys and Girls ) : 600 / –
Mode of payment :
- E – Challan, Netbanking, Debit and Credit Card
SLIET SET 2017 Admission Procedure
For BE Program :
Admission will be done through JEE ( Main ) – 2017. Eligible candidates will fill the application form of JEE ( Main ) – 2017. Subsequently Counseling will be done by CSAB – 2017. All candidates are advised to refer to website of JEE ( Main ) – 2017 ( www.jeemain.nic.in ) and CSAB – 2017 / JoSAA – 2017 website for further details.
For BE ( Lateral Entry ) Program :
There are two categories of seats in this programme as given :
- Vertical Entry Seats
- Direct Entry Seats
The admission to both the categories will be based on All India SLIET Entrance Test ( SET – III ) . There will be cutoff mark for admission. The admission procedure to these two categories is as under: –
Vertical Entry Seats ( Only for SLIET students admitted in Diploma – 2015 & ICD – 2014 ) : There shall be vertical mobility of 50% of the sanctioned strength in each Diploma programme of SLIET to B.E. programme. The link age between Diploma and B.E. modules is illustrated in Table 4.4.For vertical promotion from Diploma to B.E against these reserved seats, the Diploma students shall apply in Entrance Test ( SET – III ) . Such students are required to apply through online mode. However, the students admitted under Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) and Non Resident Indians ( NRI ) category will not be eligible for Vertical Entry Seats. A SLIET student will be eligible for admission under this category who had got admission to Diploma course in 2014 – 2015 and note earlier and had completed the Diploma course in the prescribed period of normal study i.e. two year sand by availing only prescribed chances to clear a subject. The admission to these seats will be on the basis of merit of All India SLIET Entrance Test ( SET – III ) and linkage shown in Table 4.4. If any Vertical entry seats remain vacant, it shall be filled by Direct entry category.
Direct Entry Seats ( For outside candidates and SLIET students ) : All candidates possessing entry qualification ( Diploma ) prescribed as per are eligible to compete for direct entry seats for various B.E. programmes The admission to these seats is on the basis of merit of the All India SLIET Entrance Test ( SET – III ) conducted by the institute.
For M.Tech Program :
Admission to M.Tech. will be through Centralized Counselling for M. Tech. ( CCMT – 2017 ) *. Candidates interested in M.Tech. admission at SLIET should visit CCMT – 2017 website. For Institute spot admission as per CCMT – 2017 schedule and Industry – Institute sponsored seats to be filled by the Institute, follow Institute websites www.sliet.ac.in for announcement in this regard.
CCMT – 2017 means Centralized Counselling for M. Tech. / M. Plan in NITs and CFTIs to be conducted by SVNIT, Surat for the session 2017 – 2018. Please visit CCMT – 2017 website for details.
SLIET SET 2017 Admit cards
- Admit Card will be provided in Duplicate. One Admit Card has to be deposited at examination centre at the time of examination and other copy shall be retained by the candidate for future use.
- Admit Card can be downloaded from Institute website www.sliet.ac.in. All the candidates shall print their Admit Cards from the respective login after 25th May, 2017. In case of any difficulty in printing / downloading the Admit Card, the candidate should contact / inform the Issuing Authority immediately but not later than 1st June, 2017.
- The form number / roll number is the prime means for locating the application and it should always be quoted in all correspondence & enquiry. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card. The admit card meant for candidate should be preserved carefully.
To Know more about Application Form Click Here
SLIET 2017 Exam Centres
|18||Fatehgarh Sahib||40||Ludhiana||62||Tarn Taran Sahib|
SLIET SET 2017 Syllabus
To Know more about Syllabus Click Here
SLIET SET 2017 Results
SLIET SET 2017 Result Date :
SLIET 2017 Result Date : SLIET Entrance Exam Results will be declared on 14th June, 2017.
Please keep watching this page, to check your SLIET SET Entrance Results 2017…
To Know more about Results Click Here
SLIET SET 2017 Counselling
Counselling and Document Verification :
There will be ONLINE COUNSELLING for all the programmes ( except for MBA and Ph.D.). The exact schedule of ONLINE COUNSELLING, document verification and submission of admission fee will be displayed on the Institute website www.sliet.ac.in. After provisional allotment of seat, Document Verification the Submission of Admission Fee will be held at SLIET Campus, Longowal. The seat allotted provisionally will be cancelled if the candidate fails to get the documents verified and fee deposited during the prescribed period. No separate Call Letters will be sent to the candidates for Counselling/Document Verification /Submission of Admission Fee. However, if a candidate fails to participate in counselling in time due to any reason, he may appear in the next available counselling.
Such candidate will have to keep track of the next available counselling schedule which will be displayed on Institute website and participate therein without waiting for any intimation in this regard. His / her claim in such subsequent counselling in which he / she may participate may be considered in accordance with his / her merit / choice and availability of seats in a particular trade / branch /specialization during the said subsequent counselling. Candidate will be required to submit academic copy of fee deposit receipt and obtain a Final Seat Allotment Card after document verification and fee deposit to complete the admission process. The steps to be followed for ONLINE COUNSELLING and eligibility conditions for participating in each round of Counselling will be made available before the start of ONLINE COUNSELLING at www.sliet.ac.in.For Ph.D programmes OFFLINE counseling will take place on 13th July, 2017 and qualified candidates has to appear personally on the day of counseling and bring original documents mandatory of the admission, which will be displayed on website at time of declaration of result.
SLIET 2017 Online Counselling and Document Verification
|A||First Phase Choice Filling||15th June, 2017 to 19th June, 2017|
|Round - I|
|First provisional allotment||21st June, 2017 ( 3.00p.m. )|
|Payment of Seat confirmation fee ( with choice of auto upgradation )||21st June, 2017 to 26th June, 2017|
|Round - II|
|Upgradation of seat confirmed in 1st round and Second provisional allotment||28th June, 2017|
|Payment of Seat confirmation fee ( with choice of auto upgradation )||28th July, 2017 to 03rd July, 2017|
|B||Document Verification / Fee Deposition ( at SLIET Longowal )|
|i||B.E. ( Lateral Entry ) - ( SET - III ) - All Vertically Promoted Students||12th July, 2017|
|B.E. ( Lateral Entry ) - ( SET - III ) - All Categories||12th July, 2017|
|C||Second Phase Choice Filling ( for those candidates who have not filled their choices earlier ) / modification of choice for non allottees||14th July, 2017 to 16th July, 2017|
|First provisional allotment||18th July, 2017|
|Seat confirmation fee ( with choice of auto up - gradation )||18th July, 2017 to 20th July, 2017 ( upto 5.00p.m. )|
|Up - gradation of seat confirmed and provisional allotment||21st July, 2017 ( 5.00p.m. )|
|Payment of Seat confirmation fee ( with choice of auto upgradation )||21st July, 2017 & 22nd July, 2017 ( 5.00p.m. )|
|Document Verification / Fee Deposition: Verification of Documents and deposition of fee at SLIET, Longowal.||25th July, 2017|
|E||Up - gradation / Provisional Allotment for Spot round||27th July, 2017|
|Payment of Seat confirmation fee for spot round||Offline upto 28th July, 2017 through e challan & Online upto 30th July, 2017.|
|Spot Round ICD - SET - I ( the vacant seats will be allotted offline on the spot. )||1st August, 2017 ( Tuesday )|
|Spot Round SET - III ( the vacant seats will be allotted offline on the spot. )||31st July, 2017 ( Monday )|
|Spot Round for SET - III will be held offline if seats vacant||11th August, 2017 ( Friday )|
SLIET 2017 Important Dates
|BE Entrance Exam Based on JEE Main Exam|
|1||Lastdate forreceipt of completeApplication Form||8th May, 2017|
|2||Date of Entrance Exam||4th June, 2017|
|3||Date of Results||14th June, 2017|
|4||Choice Filling Online||15th June, 2017|
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology,
Longowal – 148 106,
Distt. Sangrur (Punjab), India,
Website : www.sliet.ac.in
|Application Form : http://www.sliet.net.in/StudentLogin.aspx|