|JEE Main 2017 Question Bank CD|
Thapar University Entrance Exam 2016
Thapar University Admissions to the First Year of BE / BTech Programs for the academic year of 2016 – 2017. Thapar University BE Programs Based On JEE Main Scores 2016.
Lateral Entry admission to BE / BTech program for diploma holders & BSc ( Non-Medical ) at the 2nd year (3rd Semester) level will be made through Lateral Entry Engineering Test ( LEET ) to be conducted by Thapar University ( LEET-TU ).
Thapar University Offered Courses 2016
|Program||No .of seats ( 4 years Duration )|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||20|
|Computer Engineering (with specialization in Machine Learning and Data Analytics)||90|
|Computer Engineering (with specialization in Computer Animation and Gaming )||60|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||165|
|Electronics and Computer Engineering||120|
|Electronics (Instrumentation & Control) Engineering||100|
|Mechanical Engineering (Production)||60|
Thapar University Eligibility Criteria 2016
Eligibility for BE/BTech programs other than BTech ( Biotechnology ) :
A candidate shall be eligible for admission in the UG programs subject to the following conditions:
- The candidate has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks ( 55% for SC / ST candidates ) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science OR Minimum 60% ( 55% for SC / ST ) marks in a Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration
- Candidate has secured at least 20% aggregate marks ( 15% for SC / ST candidates ) in JEE (Main)-2016. This clause shall not be applicable for the PGN, GoI, JKM, JK students & N-E students.
- possesses a good moral character.
- Candidate is a citizen of India.
- The Candidate is born on or after October 1, 1990 ( 5-years relaxation in age for SC / ST /PH candidates ).
The admission shall be made on the basis of merit of score in JEE ( Main ) 2016 The first five toppers of the recognized Boards of India in the examinations held in 2016, shall be given direct admission to the first year of UG program, with the condition that they must have appeared in JEE ( Main ) 2016 but the entrance test score of such students shall not be required for admission. They shall be allocated branch of their choice. Such candidates shall have to furnish proof of being toppers from their respective boards. Tuition fee shall also be waived off for such students provided they maintain minimum CGPA of 8.50 in subsequent semesters. Only toppers having first five positions among science stream ( Non Medical ) at 10+2 of a respective board shall be considered.
Eligibility for BTech ( Biotechnology ) :
- A candidate shall be eligible for admission in the BTech ( Biotechnology ) subject to the following conditions:
- The candidate has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks ( 55% for SC / ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry and, Biology.
- The Candidates has secured at least 20% aggregate marks ( 15% for SC / ST candidates ) in AIPMT 2016. This clause shall not be applicable for the PGN, GoI, JKM, JK students & N-E students
- The Candidate possesses a good moral character.
- The Candidate is a citizen of India.
- Candidates is born on or after October 1, 1990 ( 5 years relaxation in age for SC / ST / PH candidates ).
The admission shall be made on the basis of merit of score in AIPMT 2016.
Eligibility for B.Tech Lateral Entry :
A candidate shall be eligible for admission in the BE / BTech programs subject to the following conditions :
- The candidate has passed
- diploma, in relevant* discipline, of minimum 3-years duration after matriculation from Polytechnic College / Institute affiliated with State Board of Technical Education / University, or recognized by UGC / AICTE with a minimum of 60% marks ( 55% for SC / ST ) in aggregate or equivalent grade point. OR
- diploma, in relevant* discipline, of minimum 2-years duration after 10+2 from Polytechnic College / Institute affiliated with State Board of Technical Education/University, or recognized by UGC/AICTE with a minimum of 60% marks ( 55% for SC / ST ) in aggregate or equivalent grade point. OR
- BSc(Non-Medical) from recognized University with 60% ( 55% for SC / ST ) marks in aggregate
- Candidate has qualified LEET-TU with at least 20% aggregate marks ( 15% for SC / ST candidates ).
- Candidate possesses a good moral character.
- Candidate is a citizen of India.
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
Thapar University No of seats 2016
|S.No||Seats||%age||CH||CE||EC||ECO||EE||EI||ME||MEP||MT||CT||CT- MLD||CT- CAG||MM||Total|
|i) From Punjab||25||11||15||21||15||19||12||19||8||4||34||11||8||2||179|
|ii) Outside Punjab||SC||17.5||8||10||15||10||13||8||13||6||3||24||8||6||2||126|
|(b)||Backward Classes from Punjab||5||2||3||4||3||4||2||4||1||1||7||2||1||1||35|
|(c)||Sports Persons from Punjab||2||1||1||2||1||1||1||1||1||1||3||1||1||0||15|
|(d)||Physically handicapped persons||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|i) From Punjab||3||1||2||2||2||2||2||2||1||1||4||1||1||1||22|
|ii) Outside Punjab||3||1||2||2||2||2||2||2||1||1||4||1||1||1||22|
|2.||Open Merit Seats||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|i) Punjab Govt.*||2%||2||2||3||2||3||2||3||1||1||6||2||1||1||29|
|ii) Govt. of India*||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||13|
|iii) J & K Migrants*||1**|
|iv) J & K (AICTE)*||2**|
|iv) J & K Students*||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||13|
|v) N-E Students*||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||13|
|4.||FN/NRI Seats* #||15%||13||18||25||18||23||15||23||9||5||41||13||9||3||215|
|5.||Children of TU Employees*||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||0||12 ##|
Thapar University 2016 Exam Pattern :
There will be two papers as per details given below
- Paper I : General
- Paper II : Professional
Duration of Entrance Test : 120 Minutes
No of Questions in the Entrance Test : 100 Questions
The question paper will contain multiple choice objective type questions of one mark each. Paper-I shall contain 40 questions in all with 10 questions in each of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. Paper-II shall contain 60 questions in the relevant engineering discipline each carrying one mark.
Negative Marking : 1/4thmarks shall be deducted for each wrong answer
Thapar University 2016 Application Form :
Thapar University 2016 How to Apply :
Candidates seeking admission in TU shall fill up the online form available on our website www.thapar.edu. Kindly fill the complete details and then take two print outs of the form and paste a recent passport size colored photograph.
Instructions for filling up the Thapar University 2016 Online Application Form for BE / BTech Program :
- STEP 1 : Click on “Apply Online” link on home page of Thapar University website www.thapar.edu.
- STEP 2 : You will reach the landing page of online application form of Thapar University where you will choose the program in which you are interested to apply. Once your mouse hovers over the program type, then you will see three buttons namely “Eligibility”, “How to Apply” and “Apply Now”. We strongly suggest you to visit “Eligibility” and “How to Apply” pages before clicking on to “Apply Now” button of respective program.
- STEP 3 : Now click on “Create New Account” tab and fill in the details to create and receive a unique “Username” and “Password” by email for applying to Thapar University. If you have already received your “Username” and “Password”, then login as per Step 4.
- STEP 4 : Login with your “Username” and “Password”. Fill up the Personal Details, Academic Details, choose the preferences of the programs, upload your recent photograph & signature, and then Submit the application form.
- STEP 5 : Pay the Application Fee through the Payment Gateway (online mode) or through Demand Draft (offline mode). (Application Fee is 1,500/- for all programs except MSc and MA and 1,000/- for MSc and MA programs).
If you have filled the application form and paid the application fee successfully through online mode, then you will receive the confirmation by email regarding the acceptance of your online application form. In case you choose the option of making payment through Demand Draft (DD), then you will receive the confirmation by email regarding the acceptance of your online application form after the University receives your filled Application Form along with DD through Registered Post / Courier / Speed Post or by hand at the following address : In-charge Admission Cell, Thapar University, Patiala (Punjab)-147 004.
Thapar University 2016 Application fee paid Online : The candidates are not required to send the printout of application form but they must produce it at the time of document checking of original documents during ‘In-person’ counselling.
Thapar University 2016 Application Fee paid through DD : Please send one of the printouts by attaching DD of required amount as mentioned in filled online Application Form/Prospectus ( in favour of Thapar University and payable at Patiala ) to “In-charge Admission Cell’ Thapar University, Patiala (Punjab)-147 004.
Retain second copy of the printout of the form to be produced at the time of document checking of original documents during counseling.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
Thapar University Admit Card
Candidates will be able to generate ‘Admit Card’ from 14th April, 2016 to 21st June, 2016 provided their DD along with print out of application form reaches Thapar University within the stipulated time. The login id and password created by candidate at the time of filling the application form shall be used to register for generation of Admit Card.
Note : The Admit Card shall be issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility condition.
Thapar University Syllabus 2016
- Relevant Engineering Discipline
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
Thapar University Results 2016
Thapar University B.Tech Lateral Entry Entrance Exam results will be declared on 5th July, 2016
To know more about Results Click Here
Thapar University Counselling 2016
Instructions for Online Counselling for BE / BTech :
- The first list of selected candidates as per merit in Entrance Test for various categories shall be displayed on the university website ( www.thapar.edu ). These selected candidates shall be required to deposit the total fee by the prescribed last date of the respective programs failing which his / her candidature shall stand cancelled and shall not be considered for the subsequent lists under any circumstances. Such candidates shall be left with no right on any count whatsoever.
- Admission to International Engineering Programs ( IEP ) under credit transfer between TU & TCD shall not be done through online counselling. These seats shall be filled separately on the basis of prescribed merit during “In-person” counselling to be held on 5th July, 2016 (1st Round), July 15, 2016 ( 2nd Round ) & July 28, 2016 ( 3rd Round). Admission to BTech (Bio-Technology) shall also be done through “In-person” counselling only. These seats shall be filled separately on the basis of prescribed merit ( AIPMT 2016 ) during “In-person” counselling to be held on 15th July, 2016 ( 1st Round ) & 25th July, 2016 (Final Round).
- Once admission offered, if a candidate does not deposit the full fee by the prescribed date, their candidature will stand cancelled and they will not be considered for admission in the subsequent list(s).
- On Roll Candidates (ORC) are those who have deposited the full fee and have not withdrawn their seats. Candidates Not On Roll ( CNOR ) are those who have withdrawn their seats after depositing full fee. While allotting branch / discipline in the 2nd / 3rd / 4th lists, only ORC and candidates not offered seats shall be considered in all the subsequent lists on the basis of TU rank. CNOR or those who once offered admission have not deposited the fee will not be considered in the subsequent rounds of online counsellings. The allotment of discipline will be made on the basis of the seats available in a particular discipline and category, the order of preference for various disciplines given by the candidate, and his / her merit according to TU rank in the Entrance Test.
- FREEZING OF BRANCH: ORC candidates, if satisfied with the discipline allotted, can opt for freezing of discipline. Their candidature shall not be considered in the subsequent lists for upgradation.
- The admission given shall be Provisional only. The admission will be made regular subject to the fulfilment of all the eligibility conditions mentioned in the Prospectus. In case, a selected candidate fails to deposit the fee as per his allotted time period or fails to satisfy the eligibility criteria on the day of document checking, his / her admission shall stand cancelled.
- In case, the seats remain vacant at the expiry of the prescribed last date for deposit of fee by candidates of the 4th list, the university may publish further list(s) for admission. In eventuality of seats remaining vacant even after the publication of these lists on web, the University will conduct ‘In-person’ counselling to close the admission process. No candidate shall be admitted after 15th August, 2016.
- In case, a selected candidate submits false information about fee, eligibility, rank of entrance test or a candidate who is not offered any seat, deposits the full fee then seat allotted to him / her shall stand cancelled.
1. Schedule for Online Counselling
|1||Display of first list of selected candidates||23rd May, 2016|
|2||Deposit of fee by the candidates of first list & entry in the ‘Fee Confirmation Slip ’||24th May, 2016 to 28th May, 2016|
|3||Display of Second list of selected candidates||3rd June, 2016|
|4||Deposit of fee by the candidates of Second list & entry in the ‘Fee Confirmation Slip’||4th June, 2016 to 9th June, 2016|
|5||Display of third list of selected candidates||17th June, 2016|
|6||Deposit of fee by the candidates of third list & entry in the ‘Fee Confirmation Slip’||18th June, 2016 to 23rd June, 2016|
|7||Display of fourth list of selected candidates||30th June, 2016|
|8||Deposit of fee by the candidates of fourth list & entry in the ‘Fee Confirmation Slip’||1st July, 2016 July to 6th, 2016|
BTech ( Biotechnology ) ( In-person Counselling )
Counselling including deposit of fee : 15th July, 2016
Last round of counselling for vacant seats, if any : 25th July, 2016
BE / BTech Admission Schedule ( In-person Counselling and Document Verification ) :
(i) Board Toppers of 2016, Sports Category J&K, NE States Category : 5th July, 2016
(ii) International Engineering Program (IEP) :
- 1st Round of Counselling including deposit of fee : 5th July, 2016
- 2nd Round of Counselling including deposit of fee : 15th July, 2016
- 3rd Round of counselling for vacant seats if any : 28th July, 2016
- Last round of counselling for vacant seats if any : 10th August, 2016
(iii) For others : 1st Round : Counselling including deposit of fee : 20th July, 2016
- Reserved Categories : 09:00 AM
- General Category : 03:00 PM
21st July, 2016
General Category (contd…..) : 09:00 AM & onwards
22nd July, 2016 General Category (contd…..) : 09:00 AM & onwards
2nd Round :
Counselling including deposit of fee :
8th August, 2016
- Reserved Categories : 09:00 AM
- General Category : 03:00 PM
9th August, 2016
General Category (contd…) : 09:00 AM & onwards
10th August, 2016 General Category (contd…) : 09:00 AM & onwards
During ’In-person counselling’ all the candidates who have applied and qualified as per eligibility shall be considered and admissions shall be made as per TU merit made on the basis of JEE ( Mains ) 2016 score.
Documents required at the time of In-person Counselling :
Candidates must bring with them following original certificates and a set of attested copies of all the certificates on the dates specified here under for various programs.
- Copy of filled downloaded Application form
- 10+2 / diploma / graduation / post-graduation DMC
- Matriculation / Higher Secondary Certificate showing Date of Birth
- Result Card of Entrance Exam
- Admit Card of Entrance Exam
- GATE Score Card for ME / MTech admissions
- Character Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Reserved Category Certificate on the prescribed proforma and signed from the competent authority (if applicable)
- Affidavit required in case of discontinuity of studies
- Affidavit of Anti-Ragging by student and parents
- Affidavit of Anti-Alcohol / Drug Abuse by student and parents
- Undertaking by candidates not having result of qualifying exam as per prescribed format in case of ME / MTech admissions.
- Migration Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Experience Certificate & No Objection Certificate from employer. (For PhD candidates)
- Check list Proforma
To know more about Counselling Click Here
Thapar University 2016 Important Dates :
|Events||BE / BTech (on the basis of JEE(Main)||B.Tech (Biotechnology)||LEET|
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms.||26th April, 2016||30th June, 2016||17th June, 2016|
|Date of Qualifying Test||JEE ( Main ) – 2016 to be conducted by CBSE on 3rd April, 2016 (Offline ) & 9th April, 2016 & 10th April, 2016 ( Online )||AIPMT-2016 to be conducted by CBSE on 1st May, 2016||OFFLINE Tests conducted by TU *LEET: 26th June 26, 2016
CHE & CSE : 09:00 am – 11.00 am CE & ECE : 12:00 noon – 02:00 pm EE & ME : 03:00 pm – 05:00 pm Centres for Offline Entrance Tests for LEET : Patiala / New Delhi
|Display of Result of Entrance Test||As declared by CBSE||As declared by CBSE||5th July, 2016|
engineering entrance exam - thapar university -