Thapar University Entrance Exam 2017
Thapar University Admissions to the First Year of BE / BTech Programs for the academic year of 2017 – 2018. Thapar University BE Programs Based On JEE Main Scores 2017.
Lateral Entry admission to BE / BTech program for diploma holders & BSc ( Non-Medical ) at the 2nd year (3rd Semester) level will be made through Lateral Entry Engineering Test ( LEET ) to be conducted by Thapar University ( LEET-TU ).
Thapar University Offered Courses 2017
|Program||No .of seats ( 4 years Duration )|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||165|
|Electronics and Computer Engineering||180|
|Electronics (Instrumentation & Control) Engineering||100|
|Mechanical Engineering (Production)||30|
Thapar University Eligibility Criteria 2017
Eligibility for BE/BTech programs other than BTech ( Biotechnology ) :
A candidate shall be eligible for admission in the UG programs subject to the following conditions:
- The candidate has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks ( 55% for SC / ST candidates ) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science OR Minimum 60% ( 55% for SC / ST ) marks in a Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration
- Candidate has secured at least 72 aggregate marks ( 54 marks for SC / ST candidates ) in JEE ( Main ) 2017. This clause shall not be applicable for the PGN, GoI, JKM, JK students & N-E students as mentioned at clause 1.3 )
- possesses a good moral character.
- Candidate is a citizen of India.
- The Candidate is born on or after October 1, 1992 ( 5-years relaxation in age for SC / ST / PH candidates ).
The admission shall be made on the basis of merit of score in JEE ( Main ) 2017.
The first five toppers of the recognized Boards of India in the examinations held in 2017, shall be given direct admission to the first year of UG program, with the condition that they must have appeared in JEE ( Main ) 2017 but the entrance test score of such students shall not be required for admission. They shall be allocated branch of their choice. Such candidates shall have to furnish proof of being toppers from their respective boards. Tuition fee shall also be waived off for such students provided they maintain minimum CGPA of 8.50 in subsequent semesters. Only toppers having first five positions among science stream ( Non Medical ) at 10+2 of a respective board shall be considered.
Eligibility for BTech ( Biotechnology ) :
- A candidate shall be eligible for admission in the BTech ( Biotechnology ) subject to the following conditions:
- The candidate has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks ( 55% for SC / ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry and, Biology.
- The Candidates has secured at least 20% aggregate marks ( 15% for SC / ST candidates ) in NEET 2017. This clause shall not be applicable for the PGN, GoI, JKM, JK students & N-E students
- The Candidate possesses a good moral character.
- The Candidate is a citizen of India.
- Candidates is born on or after October 1, 1992 ( 5 years relaxation in age for SC / ST / PH candidates ).
The admission shall be made on the basis of merit of score in NEET 2017.
Eligibility for B.Tech Lateral Entry :
A candidate shall be eligible for admission in the BE / BTech programs subject to the following conditions :
- The candidate has passed
- diploma, in relevant* discipline, of minimum 3-years duration after matriculation from Polytechnic College / Institute affiliated with State Board of Technical Education / University, or recognized by UGC / AICTE with a minimum of 60% marks ( 55% for SC / ST ) in aggregate or equivalent grade point. OR
- diploma, in relevant* discipline, of minimum 2-years duration after 10+2 from Polytechnic College / Institute affiliated with State Board of Technical Education /University, or recognized by UGC /AICTE with a minimum of 60% marks ( 55% for SC / ST ) in aggregate or equivalent grade point. OR
- BSc ( Non-Medical ) from recognized University with 60% ( 55% for SC / ST ) marks in aggregate
- Candidate has qualified LEET-TU with at least 20% aggregate marks ( 15% for SC / ST candidates ).
- Candidate possesses a good moral character.
- Candidate is a citizen of India.
Thapar University No of seats 2017
|i) From Punjab||25||8||16||21||22||19||12||20||4||4||71||197|
|ii) Outside Punjab SC||17.5||5||11||15||16||13||8||14||3||3||50||138|
|ii) Outside Punjab ST||7.5||2||5||6||7||6||4||6||1||1||21||59|
|(b)||Backward Classes from Punjab||5||2||3||4||4||4||2||4||1||1||14||39|
|(c)||Sports Persons from Punjab||2||1||1||1||2||1||1||1||1||1||6||16|
|(d)||Physically handicapped persons||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|i) From Punjab||3||1||2||2||3||2||2||2||1||1||8||24|
|ii) Outside Punjab||3||1||2||2||3||2||2||2||1||1||8||24|
|2.||Open Merit Seats||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|i) Punjab Govt.*||2%||1||3||3||4||3||2||3||1||1||116||32|
|ii) Govt. of India*||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||10|
|iii) J & K Migrants*||1**|
|iv) J & K (AICTE)*||2**|
|iv) J & K Students*||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||10|
|v) N-E Students*||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||10|
|4.||FN/NRI Seats* #||15%||9||19||25||27||22||15||24||5||5||85||236|
|5.||Children of TU Employees*||1||1||1||1||2||1||1||1||1||1||6||16|
CH: Chemical Engineering, CE: Civil Engineering, CT: Computer Engineering, EC: Electronics and Communication Engg, EE: Electrical Engg, EI: Electronics ( Inst & Ctrl ) Engg, ME: Mechanical Engg, MT: Mechatronics, MEP: Mechanical ( Production ), ECO: Electronics and Computer Engg
* THESE ARE OVER AND ABOVE SEATS.
# Please refer to Section 10.0 for eligibility and other conditions.
** Discipline will be allocated as per the choice of the candidates.
Thapar University 2017 Exam Pattern
There will be two papers as per details given below
- Paper I : General
- Paper II : Professional
Duration of Entrance Test : 120 Minutes
No of Questions in the Entrance Test : 100 Questions
The question paper will contain multiple choice objective type questions of one mark each. Paper-I shall contain 40 questions in all with 10 questions in each of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. Paper-II shall contain 60 questions in the relevant engineering discipline each carrying one mark.
Negative Marking : 1/4thmarks shall be deducted for each wrong answer