TMISAT 2016 Entrance Exam
Tolani Maritime Institute is one of the largest maritime educational centers offering Marine Engineering and Nautical Technology degree programs. TMI graduates are awarded B.Tech. Marine Engineering and B.Sc. Nautical Technology degrees by the well established Birla Institute of Technology and Science ( BITS ) Pilani, a deemed university widely recognised as one of India’s pre-eminent centres for technology education.
Tolani Maritime Institute is a truly world class institute and provides an excellent training ground for Marine Engineers and Nautical Officers at its sprawling, purpose built 100 acre residential campus. TMI welcomes applications from promising individuals who want to take up the challenge and reward offered by a seafaring career.
TMISAT 2016 Eligibility for B.Tech. Marine Engineering & B. Sc. Nautical Technology
The following criteria have to be met in order to be eligible for admission into the B.Tech Marine Engineering Degree Program at TMI :
Age : Male candidates born on or after 1st September 1995 are eligible to apply for the 2015 batch. In accordance with Government of India guidelines, there is a two year age relaxation for female candidates and girls born on or after 1st September 1993 are eligible to apply for the 2016 batch.
Gender : TMI encourages the participation of both genders without discrimination.
Marital Status : Only unmarried candidates will be considered.
Academic Qualifications : You must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with :
- At least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ( P C M ), and
- At least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII
Physical Fitness : The Institute has laid down detailed minimum physical fitness and medical standards. The candidate has to meet these standards to qualify for admission. You are advised to have yourself medically examined by competent doctors before applying. This will ensure that you meet the minimum requirements, which in turn will avoid disappointment at a later stage.
Note : Candidates for the B.S. Nautical Technology program must have 6/6 vision in both eyes.
To know more about Eligibility Criteria Click Here
TMISAT 2016 Exam Schedule and Exam Centres
|Center||Center||Test Date||Centre Address|
|1||Hyderabad||3rd May, 2016||Eduquity Career Technologies Pvt Ltd
B 403, 4th Floor, My Home Sarovar Plaza,
5-9-22 / B, Secretariat Road, Saifabad, Hyderabad – 500063
|2||Chennai||5th May, 2016||Eduquity Career Technologies Pvt Ltd,
New # 37, LB Road,
Padmanabha Nagar Ist Street, Adayar,
Chennai – 600020
|3||Bangalore||3rd May, 2016||Eduquity Career Technologies Pvt Ltd.
433, 1st C Main, 7th Block extension,
Koramangala, Bangalore – 560 095
|4||Lucknow||3rd May, 2016 & 4th May, 2016||B N College of Engineering & Technology
NH 24, Bakshi Ka Taalab, Sitapur Road,
|5||Jaipur||3rd May, 2016 & 4th May, 2016||Institute of Health Management Research
No 1, PrabhuDayal Marg, Sanganer Airport,
|6||Mumbai||3rd May, 2016 & 4th May, 2016||Aruna Manharlal Shah Institute Of Management and Research
R.B. Kadam Marg (Road Going towards Bhattwadi), Near MTNL Telephone Exchange,
Off LBS Marg, Ghatkopar- (West),
Mumbai – 400 086.
|7||Noida||3rd May, 2016 & 4th May, 2016||Eduquity Career Technologies Pvt Ltd.
B-99, Ground Floor, Sector-63,
Noida .201307 (U.P.)
|8||Chandigarh||5th May, 2016 & 6th May, 2016||S A S Institute of Info Tech & Research
C-124, Industrial Area,
Phase -8, Sector -72, ELTOP Area,
PCL Chowk, Mohali-160059
|9||Dehradun||2nd May, 2016 & 3rd May, 2016||Tula’s Institute, The Engineering & Management College
Dhoolkot, PO-Selaqui, Chakrata Road,
|10||Ranchi||2nd May, 2016 & 3rd May, 2016||Oxford Public School
|11||Kolkata||5th May, 2016 & 6th May, 2016||Console Management Consultants Pvt Ltd
Main Buidling, 1st Floor, Block EP & GP,
Sector – V, Salt Lake City ,Kolkata – 700 091
(Land Mark – Electronics complex – Webel more)
|12||Guwahati||9th May, 2016||Panbazar Centre -Third Eye College
Kalpataru Building, 1st Floor H B Road,
Kamrup (Assam) Guwahati-781001
TMISAT 2016 Selection Procedure
A successful career as a merchant mariner requires more than just a strong academic foundation. Other characteristics that are necessary include :
- Communication skills
- Temperamental suitability for a sea career
- Leadership qualities
- Physical fitness
- Aptitude for scientific concepts
Tolani Maritime Institute’s selection process will test candidates on each of the above parameters by taking into account a candidate’s 10+2 PCM marks, rank in IMUCET, result of the TMI online entrance exam, performance in an interview and satisfactory medical tests.
TMISAT 2016 Selection Process
For all eligible applications received by 25th April, 2016 :
The online test and interview will be conducted in the first half of May 2016 at Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Ranchi, Guwahati and Jaipur. Candidates will be shortlisted based on marks in PCM, online test, IMU tect rank and interview. The selection is also subject to medical fitness a per DGS norms.
For applications received between 26th April, 2016 and 31st May, 2016 :
Applicants shortlisted on the basis of their PCM marks and IMUCET rank will be called to TMI campus in June 2016 for online test. Candidates will be shortlisted based on performance in above mentioned tests and medical fitness as per DGS norms.
TMI 2016 Online Test
TMISAT online test has an multiple choice
ormat covering Physics and Mathematics. The questions are of 10+2 level. There is one section each with negative marking and duration of the test is one hour.
This test is conducted in 12 centres across India.
TMI 2016 Personal Interview
Applicants are interviewed by a panel of educators and maritime professionals to assess the applicants’ communication skills, leadership potential, clarity of thought, maturity and reasoning abilities. The panel also looks for any extracurricular achievements of the candidate.
TMI 2016 Medical Examination
Medical practitioners appointed by the Institute will examine all selected candidates for certifying conformation with the medical requirements laid down by the Institute.
To know more about Selection Procedure Click Here
TMISAT 2016 Exam Pattern
There are 60 Questions in two sections and the total time allowed is 60 minutes :
- Section I, Mathematics, consists of 30 questions.
- Section II, Physics, consists of 30 questions.
TMISAT 2016 Application Form
TMISAT 2016 Online through this website :
- Step I : Fill the TMI 2016 Application Form on this website. Last date for availability of TMISAT 2016 Application Forms 30th May, 2016
- Step II : Pay the non-refundable application and online test fees through the website using credit / debit card / internet banking or by a Demand Draft / Pay Order for 1000/- in favour of “Tolani Maritime Institute”, payable at Pune.
- Step III : Print duly filled TMISAT 2016 Application Form and the summary generated. Send the same along with the transaction receipt, if paid online, or Demand Draft / Pay Order to TMI. Please write your form no. and contact details on the reverse of the draft.
Necessary documents to be sent to TMI with all applications
- Printed copy of the TMISAT 2016 Application Form and the summary generated after an application is made through this website.
- Two identical recent passport size photographs with name & form no. written at the back.
- Copies of certificates and / or mark sheets of your 10th and 12th examinations ( or its equivalent ) attested by Govt. gazetted officers. Applicants who have not received 12th marksheet may submit a bonafide certificate from the head of the school or college where they appeared for these exams.
- Attested Copy of Birth Certificate ( for proof of age and place of Birth ).
- Downloaded copies of class XII marksheet ( on receipt ) from internet attested by school Principal
- Copies of certificates for sports and any other extra curricular activities, if available ( from Std. VIII and above only ).
- Online transaction receipt, if paid online, OR Demand Draft payable at Pune for 1000/- favouring Tolani Maritime Institute OR the counterfoil ( marked “TMI Office Copy” ) received from Axis Bank. Please write your form no. and contact details including mobile phone no. on the reverse of the Demand Draft or counterfoil.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Each applicant must submit only one TMI 2016 Application Form.
- TMI Application Form must be completed in full, in English.
- The full Name and Date of Birth entered in the application form must be same as that which appears on your School Leaving Certificate.
- Please ensure your postal address, including PIN code and telephone numbers ( with STD codes ) are correct and free of spelling and other errors.
- TMI 2016 Application summary must be submitted in an envelope super-scribed with the words “Application for admission to Marine Engineering” or “Application for admission to Nautical Technology” depending on which program you are applying for.
- Kindly keep a copy of the application for future reference.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
TMISAT 2016 Results
TMISAT 2016 B.Tech Marine Engineering and B.Sc Nautical Technology Entrance Exam results will be declared on 15th June, 2016 to 20th June, 2016
To know more about Results Click Here
TMISAT 2016 Important Dates
|1||Last date for sending Application forms to TMI for TMISAT at National Centres||25th April, 2016|
|2||Last date for sending Application Forms to TMI for TMISAT at Induri, Pune||31st May, 2016|
|3||Last date for application for IMUCET||13th May, 2016|
|4||IMUCET Exam Date||4th June, 2016|
|5||TMISAT at National centres||2nd May, 2016 to 9th May, 2016|
|6||TMISAT at Induri||9th June, 2016 to 11th June, 2016|
|7||Declaration of Merit List||15th June, 2016 to 20th June, 2016|
|8||Course commences||1st week August 2016|
|Online Application : http://www.allaboutme.in/Default_Tolani.aspx|
Tolani Maritime Institute,
Talegaon – Chakan Road,
Pune – 410 507, India.
Telephone : + 91 (2114) 242000,
Website : www.tolani.edu.
engineering entrance exam - tmi bits -