|VITEEE 2017 Question Bank CD -|
VITEEE 2018 Entrance Exam
VIT University conducts an entrance examination – VITEEE 2018 every year in various cities across the country and also in abroad, for admission to B.Tech. programs.
VIT invites application for BTech Programs. VIT admissions will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE 2018 Computer Based Test ( CBT ) conducted by VIT University.
VITEEE 2018 Exam Schedule
- VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be conducted 04th April, 2018 to 15th April, 2018
- The duration of VITEEE entrance examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Exam will be conducted 3 sessions per day.
- Exam Timings ( IST ) : I session – 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM / II session – 12:30 PM – 3 :00 PM / III session – 4:00 PM – 6:30PM
- Number of examination days in a particular centre is based on the total number of application registered in that centre.
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering ( Spec. in Bioinformatics )
- Computer Science and Engineering ( Spec. in Information Security )
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering ( Spec. in Internet of Things and Sensor )
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical ( Spec. in Automotive Engineering )
- Mechanical ( Spec. in Energy Engineering )
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Fashion Technology
VITEEE 2018 BTech Programs offered at Chennai Campus Only
- Fashion Technology
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
VITEEE 2018 Eligibility
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2018
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology in the qualifying examination ( +2 / Intermediate ).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology ( PCM / PCB ) in +2 ( or its equivalent ) put together should be 50% for the SC / ST & North Eastern State.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- ‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE 2018.
The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National. PIO and OCI holder are also eligible to apply for VITEEE – 2018. ( Foreign Candidates studied / studying in abroad can apply directly through foreign category only ).
VITEEE Qualifying Examination
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2018 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2018, in any one of the following qualifying examinations :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE, New Delhi ) The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination – ISCE, New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two – year Pre – University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London / Cambridge / Srilanka ) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT Norms, NIOS candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE – 2018.
VITEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology in the qualifying examination ( +2 / Intermediate ).
The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 ( or its equivalent ) put together should be 50% for the following categories :
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST.
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Certificate to prove Nativity should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio -Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering ( Spec. in Bioinformatics ) but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July, 1995 are eligible to apply for VITEEE – 2018. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
VITEEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- PCME ( English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ) – 120 questions ( Each 40 questions ) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
- PCBE ( English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology ) – 120 questions ( Each 40 questions ) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
- No Negative marks for wrong answers
- Candidate appearing in PCM is eligible for all the 18 B.Tech. Engineering programmes.
- Candidates appearing in PCB is eligible for only 3 B.Tech. Bio-stream Engineering programmes.
VITEEE 2018 Application Form
VITEEE 2018 Issue of Online / Offline Application Forms will be available from 09th November, 2017 onwards. Candidates can also apply online at VIT website www.vit.ac.in through the following mode
VITEEE 2018 Online Application Forms
Get ready to submit the application form, after following the below instructions :
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 50kb – 100kb ( Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm ) / Softcopy ( scanned copy ) of Signature of the Candidate with 20kb – 50kb ( Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG / JPEG format. Selfie photos will not be accepted.
- Mode of Payment – Internet Banking facility through Net banking / Debit card / Credit card
- All our correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through email only. Therefore, the applicant is requested to get ready with valid email id and Mobile number for contact.
VITEE 2018 Offline Application Forms
Institutes interested to buy Offline Application forms in Bulk can contact : Director, UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore – 632014.
To Know more about VITEEE 2018 Application Form – Click Here
VITEEE 2018 Admission Procedure
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE 2018, conducted by VIT University.
- Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
- The candidates will be short listed based on their entrance examination marks and will be called for VITEEE counselling.
The following documents in original are required to be submitted at the time of VITEEE 2018 Admission
- Qualifying examination mark statements of all attempts.
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate.
- Migration Certificate ( if issued by the board ).
- Conduct Certificate.
- Community Certificate ( For SC / ST only ).
- Nativity Certificate ( For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura ).
- Provisional Admission Letter. ( photo copy ).
- Recent Passport size colour photos – 4 nos.
- Affidavit to be signed separately by Student & Parent in 20/- Stamp Paper. ( Format is available in www.vit.ac.in. )
- 2 sets of photocopies of all original documents. ( Except Affidavit ).
- Students hailing from Andhra Pradesh Intermediate Board of Education should make it a point to submit their Pass Certificate Cum Memorandum of Marks at the time of admission.
- Candidates can download the acknowledgement for the documents submitted from the VIT website www.vit.ac.in. No written acknowledgement will be issued.
- All the above referred documents shall be handed over to the Admissions Office at the time of admission, failing which the provisional admission accorded will stand cancelled.
To Know more about VITEEE 2018 Admission Procedure – Click Here
VITEEE 2018 Exam Centres
The VITEEE 2018 will be held in 112 cities.
The list of Test Cities along with their corresponding codes
State Test City City Code State Test City City Code
Andaman and Nicobar Islands Port Blair 101 Manipur Imphal 164
Andhra Pradesh Amaravati(AP) 102 Meghalaya Shillong 165
Ananthapur 103 Mizoram Aizwal 166
Ananthapur 104 Nagaland Dimapur 167
Guntur 105 Orissa Berhampur 168
Kurnool 106 Bhubaneswar 169
Nellore 107 Rourkela 170
Rajahmundry 108 Puducherry Puducherry 171
Srikakulam 109 Punjab Amritsa 172
Tirupati 110 Bathinda 173
Tanuku 111 Jalandhar City 174
Vijayawada 112 Ludhiana 175
Vishakapatnam 113 Rajasthan Ajmer 176
Arunachal Pradesh Ita Nagar 114 Bikaner 177
Assam Dibrugarh 115 Jaipur 178
Guwahati 116 Jodhpur 179
Silchar 117 Kota 180
Bihar Bhagalpur 118 Udaipur 181
Gaya 119 Sikkim Gangtok 182
Muzaffarpur 120 Tamil Nadu Chennai 183
Patna 121 Coimbatore 184
Chandigarh Chandigarh 122 Erode 185
Chhattisgarh Bhilai 123 Kumbakonam 186
Bilaspur 124 Madurai 187
Raipur 125 Salem 188
Delhi Delhi 126 Tiruchirapalli 189
Goa Goa 127 Tirunelveli 190
Gujarat Ahmedabad 128 Vellore 191
Rajkot 129 Telangana Hyderabad 192
Surat 130 Karim Nagar 193
Vadodara 131 Khammam 194
Haryana Faridabad 132 Mahbubnagar 195
Gurgaon 133 Nalgonda 196
Hissar 134 Warangal 197
Kurukshetra 135 Tripura Agartala 198
Himachal Pradesh Dharmasala 136 Uttar Pradesh Agra 199
Shimla 137 Aligarh 200
Jammu and Kashmir Jammu 138 Allahabad 201
Srinagar 139 Bareilly 202
Jharkhand Bokaro 140 Gorakhpur 203
Dhanbad 141 Jhansi 204
Jamshedpur 142 Kanpur 205
Ranchi 143 Lucknow 206
Karnataka Bangalore 144 Mathura 207
Hubli 145 Meerut 208
Mangalore 146 Moradabad 209
Kerala Kochi 147 Noida 210
Kozhikode 148 Rae Bareli 211
Thiruvananthapuram 149 Saharanpur 212
Thrissur 150 Varanasi 213
Madhya Pradesh Bhopal 151 Uttarakhand Dehradun 214
Gwalior 152 Pant Nagar 215
Indore 153 Roorkee 216
Jabalpur 154 West Bengal Asansol 217
Ujjain 155 Durgapur 218
Maharashtra Amravati 156 Kolkata 219
Aurangabad 157 Siliguri 220
Latur 158 Abroad DUBAI 221
Mumbai 159 KUWAIT 222
Nagpur 160 KUWAIT 223
Nashik 161 QATAR 224
Pune 162 Thane 163
To Know more about VITEEE 2018 Exam Centres – Click Here
VITEEE 2018 Designated Post Offices
|Sl. No||Name of the Post Office||Status GPO / HO / SO||Pincode|
|1||Port Blair||Head Post Office||744101|
|1||Chittoor||Head Post Office||517001|
|2||Guntur||Head Post Office||522002|
|3||Kurnool||Head Post Office||518001|
|4||Tirupati||Head Post Office||517501|
|5||Vijayawada||Head Post Office||520001|
|6||Vishakapatanam||Head Post Office||530001|
|1||Ernakulam||Head Post Office||682011|
|1||Anna Nagar||Sub Post Office||600040|
|2||Anna Road||Head Post Office||600002|
|4||Coimbatore||Head Post Office||641001|
|5||Erode||Head Post Office||638001|
|6||Madurai||Head Post Office||625001|
|7||Ranipet||Head Post Office||632401|
|8||RS Puram||Head Post Office||641002|
|9||Salem||Head Post Office||636001|
|10||T. Nagar||Head Post Office||600017|
|11||Tambaram||Head Post Office||600045|
|12||Tiruchirappalli||Head Post Office||620001|
|13||Vellore||Head Post Office||632001|
|2||Secunderabad||Head Post Office||500003|
|2||Midnapore||Head Post Office||721101|
To Know more about VITEEE 2018 Designated Post Offices – Click Here
VITEEE 2018 Physics Syllabus
1. Laws of Motion & Work , Energy and Power
- Law of conservation of linear momentum and its applications. Static and kinetic friction – laws of friction – rolling friction – lubrication.
- Work done by a constant force and a variable force; kinetic energy – work-energy theorem – power.
- Conservative forces : conservation of mechanical energy ( kinetic and potential energies ) – non-conservative forces: motion in a vertical circle – elastic and inelastic collisions in one and two dimensions.
2. Properties of Matter
- Elastic behaviour – Stress-strain relationship – Hooke’s law – Young’s modulus – bulk modulus – shear modulus of rigidity – Poisson’s ratio – elastic energy. Viscosity – Stokes’ law – terminal velocity – streamline and turbulent flow – critical velocity. Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications.
- Heat – temperature – thermal expansion : thermal expansion of solids – specific heat capacity : Cp, Cv – latent heat capacity. Qualitative ideas of Blackbody radiation: Wein’s displacement Law – Stefan’s law.
- Charges and their conservation; Coulomb’s law-forces between two point electric charges – Forces between multiple electric charges-superposition principle. Electric field – electric field due to a point charge, electric field lines; electric dipole, electric field intensity due to a dipole – behaviour of a dipole in a uniform electric field. Electric potential – potential difference-electric potential due to a point charge and dipole-equipotential surfaces – electrical potential energy of a system of two point charges.
- Electric flux-Gauss’s theorem and its applications. Electrostatic induction-capacitor and capacitance – dielectric and electric polarisation – parallel plate capacitor with and without dielectric medium – applications of capacitor – energy stored in a capacitor – Capacitors in series and in parallel – action of points – Van de Graaff generator.
To Know more about VITEEE 2018 Physics Syllabus – Click Here
VITEEE 2018 Chemistry Syllabus
1. Atomic Structure
- Bohr’s Atomic Model – Sommerfeld’s Extension of Atomic Structure; Electronic Configuration and Quantum Numbers; Shapes of s, p, d, f Orbitals – Pauli’s Exclusion Principle – Hund’s Rule of Maximum Multiplicity – Aufbau Principle. Emission Spectrum, Absorption Spectrum, Line Spectra and Band Spectra; Hydrogen Spectrum – Lyman, Balmer, Poschen, Brakett and Pfund Series; Debroglie’s Theory; Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle – Wave Nature of Electron – Schrodinger Wave Equation ( No Derivation ). Eigen Values and Eigen Functions. Hybridization of Atomic Orbitals Involving s, p, d Orbitals.
2. P, D and F – Block Elements
- P Block Elements – Phosphorous Compounds; Pcl3, Pcl5 – Oxides. Hydrogen Halides, Inter Halogen Compounds. Xenon Fluoride Compounds. General Characteristics of D – Block Elements – Electronic Configuration – Oxidation States of First Row Transition Elements and their Colours; Occurrence and Principles of Extraction: Copper, Silver, Gold and Zinc. Preparation, Properties of Cuso4, Agno3 and K2Cr2O7.
- Lanthanides – Introduction, Electronic Configuration, General Characteristics, Oxidation State – Lanthanide Contraction, Uses, Brief Comparison of Lanthanides and Actinides.
3. Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Introduction – Terminology in Coordination Chemistry – IUPAC Nomenclature of Mononuclear Coordination Compounds. Isomerism, Geometrical Isomerism in 4 – Coordinate, 6 – Coordinate Complexes. Theories on Coordination Compounds – Werner’s Theory ( Brief ), Valence Bond Theory. Uses of Coordination Compounds. Bioinorganic Compounds ( Hemoglobin and Chlorophyll ).
- Lattice – Unit Cell, Systems, Types of Crystals, Packing in Solids; Ionic Crystals – Imperfections in Solids – Point Defects. X – Ray Diffraction – Electrical Property, Amorphous Solids ( Elementary Ideas Only ).
To Know more about VITEEE 2018 Chemistry Syllabus – Click Here
VITEEE 2018 Mathematics Syllabus
1. Matrices and their Applications
- Adjoint, Inverse – Properties, Computation of Inverses, Solution of System of Linear Equations by Matrix Inversion Method.
- Rank of a Matrix – Elementary Transformation on a Matrix, Consistency of a System of Linear Equations, Cramer’s Rule, Non – Homogeneous Equations, Homogeneous Linear System and Rank Method.
- Solution of linear programming problems ( LPP ) in two variables.
2. Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Definition, range, domain, principal value branch, graphs of inverse trigonometric functions and their elementary properties.
- Complex Number System – Conjugate, Properties, Ordered Pair Representation.
- Modulus – Properties, Geometrical Representation, Polar Form, Principal Value, Conjugate, Sum, Difference, Product, Quotient, Vector Interpretation, Solutions of Polynomial Equations, De Moivre’s Theorem and its Applications.
- Roots of a Complex Number – nth Roots, Cube Roots, Fourth Roots.
3. Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Definition of a Conic – General Equation of a Conic, Classification with Respect to the General Equation of a Conic, Classification of Conics with Respect to Eccentricity.
- Equations of Conic Sections ( Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola ) in Standard Forms and General Forms – Directrix, Focus and Latus Rectum – Parametric Form of Conics and Chords. – Tangents and Normals – Cartesian Form and Parametric Form – Equation of Chord of Contact of Tangents From a Point ( x1 , y1 ) to all the above said Curves.
- Asymptotes, Rectangular Hyperbola – Standard Equation of a Rectangular Hyperbola.
4. Vector Algebra
- Scalar Product – Angle between Two Vectors, Properties of Scalar Product, Applications of Dot Products. Vector Product, Right Handed and Left Handed Systems, Properties of Vector Product, Applications of Cross Product.
- Product of Three Vectors – Scalar Triple Product, Properties of Scalar Triple Product, Vector Triple Product, Vector Product of Four Vectors, Scalar Product of Four Vectors.
To Know more about VITEEE 2018 Mathematics Syllabus – Click Here
VITEEE 2018 Biology Syllabus
- Need of classification; three domains of life. Linnaean, Whittaker, Bentham and hooker systems of classification. Salient Features of Non – chordates up to Phyla Levels and Chordates up to Class Levels .
2. Cell and Molecular Biology
- Cell theory. Prokaryotic cell and it’s ultrastructure. Eukaryotic cell- cell wall, cell membrane, cytoskeleton, nucleus, chloroplast, mitochondria, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi bodies, ribosomes, lysosomes, vacuoles and centrosomes. Cell cycle and division amitosis, mitosis and meiosis. Search for genetic material; structure of DNA and RNA; replication, transcription, genetic code, translation, splicing, gene expression and regulation ( lac operon ) and DNA repair.
- Asexual reproduction – binary fission, sporulation, budding, gemmule formation and fragmentation. Vegetative propagation in plants, sexual reproduction in flowering plants and structure of flowers. Pollination, fertilization, development of seeds and fruits, seed dispersal, apomixis, parthenocarpy and poly- embryony. Human reproductive system. Gametogenesis, menstrual cycle, fertilization, implantation, embryo development upto blastocyst formation, pregnancy, parturition and lactation. Assisted reproductive technologies.
To Know more about VITEEE 2018 Biology Syllabus – Click Here
VITEEE 2018 English Syllabus
- Question Nos. 121 to 125 are questions on English and they will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Question No. 121, 122 and 123 are Comprehension questions. They are based on short passages ( 30 -50 words ) or lines of poems ( 2 -3 ) or dialogue ( 2 exchanges ).
- Question No. 124 and 125 are based on English Grammar and Pronunciation.
- The candidates should read carefully the texts and the questions that follow and choose the CORRECT / BEST answer from the options given for each question.
*Please note that the passages, lines of poems, dialogues, grammar and pronunciation items are chosen to suit the level of VITEEE takers
VITEEE 2018 Results
VITEEE 2018 B.Tech Exam Date
VITEEE 2018 Computer Based Test will be held on 04th April, 2018 to 15th April, 2018
VITEEE 2018 Result Date
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam – VITEEE 2018 final result likely to be declared on End of April 2018
To Know more about VITEEE 2018 Results – Click Here
VITEEE 2018 Counselling
VITEEE 2018 Counselling Schedule
|PHASE – I|
|Rank 1 – 8000||May, 2018||Monday|
|Rank 8001 - 12000||May, 2018||Tuesday|
|Rank 12001 – 16000||May, 2018||Wednesday|
|Rank 16001 – 20000||May, 2018||Saturday|
Note : Candidates are requested to book the Train / Flight tickets in advance to participate in the VITEEE Counselling either in Vellore Campus / Chennai Campus.
|PHASE – II|
|Rank 20001 – 50000||May, 2018|
|Rank 50001 - 75000||May, 2018|
|Rank 75001 – 99999||May, 2018|
Fees to be paid at the time of VITEEE Counselling 30,000/-. Demand Draft ( Computerised ) drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
Note : * after Scholarship deduction.
Details of Fee to be paid ( After Scholarship Deduction ) and other Admission procedures will be forwarded to your e mail id.
VITEEE 2018 Counselling Procedure
VITEEE Counselling 2018 Advance Payment
The selected candidates will have to submit the DD for 30,000 /- in favour of ‘VIT University , payble at Vellore, on the confirmation of seat and acceptance of branch allotted. This includes 10,000 /- towards counselling fee. Counselling fee is NON-REFUNDABLE, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University.
VITEEE 2018 Counselling Procedure for allocation of seats / branch
The counselling for allocation of branches to the short – listed candidates is based on their All India Rank ( AIR ) in the VITEEE 2018. A candidate may obtain this information on our website or by calling the VIT office, on the day after the declaration of the results of VITEEE 2018.
The intimation regarding counselling dates will be displayed in VIT website and also SMS will be sent to the qualified candidates after declaration of results. Common selection and Admission procedure will be followed through single window counselling at Vellore and Chennai campus for all the B.Tech programs offered in both the campuses of VIT University.
To take care of possible absentees, the number of qualified candidates is kept more than the number of seats available in VIT University. The fact that a candidate has qualified in the VITEEE 2018 and has been called for the counselling does not guarantee admission to him / her. This will depend upon the candidates All India Rank ( AIR ) in the entrance examination and the availability of seats.
Details of various branches offered under the B.Tech. program in the current year, the total number of seats allocated for each branch at the time of counselling, number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling centre for the benefit of candidates to make their choice. Based on the availability, the candidate will be allotted the branch.
VIT will in no way be responsible for counselling information not reaching the candidates. They should check the VIT website www.vit.ac.in for information on counselling.
No change of date / time of counselling is permissible. If a candidate does not personally appear before the Admission Committee for counselling on the date specified, his/her seat shall be offered to the next candidate in the order of merit.
However, due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he / she can attend on a subsequent time / date, after duly intimating the office, regarding this. But the candidate can only opt for the branch available at that time and cannot claim any other branch as per his / her original turn / seniority.
After the counselling for a particular day is over, the number of seats ( branch wise ) still available for allotment on the next day of counselling will be published in the website and will also be displayed on the notice board of the Institute for the benefit of candidates.
If the mark statement of the qualifying exam has not been received before the date of counselling, the candidate would have to furnish an undertaking stating that if he / she fails to qualify as per the norms, it would lead him / her to for ego his / her seat.
VITEEE 2018 Important Dates
|1||Issue of VITEEE - 2018 Application Forms||09th November, 2017|
|2||Last date for receipt of VITEEE 2018 Application Forms||February, 2018|
|3||VITEEE-2018 Exam Date||04th April, 2018 to 15th April, 2018|
|4||Declaration of Results (Tentatively)||End of April 2018|
|5||Cost of OMR Application Form||990/-|
|6||Cost of Online Application Form||970/-|