VITEEE 2021 Entrance Exam
VIT University conducts an entrance examination – VITEEE 2021 every year in various cities across the country and also in abroad, for admission to B.Tech. programs.
VIT invites application for BTech Programs. VIT admissions will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE 2021 Computer Based Test ( CBT ) conducted by VIT University.
VITEEE 2021 Exam Schedule
- VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be conducted on 18th June,2021 to 26th June,2021
- The duration of VITEEE entrance examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Exam will be conducted 3 sessions per day.
- Exam Timings ( IST ) : I session – 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM / II session – 12:30 PM – 3 :00 PM / III session – 4:00 PM – 6:30PM
- Number of examination days in a particular centre is based on the total number of application registered in that centre.
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering ( Spec. in Bioinformatics )
- Computer Science and Engineering ( Spec. in Information Security )
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering ( Spec. in Internet of Things and Sensor )
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical ( Spec. in Automotive Engineering )
- Mechanical ( Spec. in Energy Engineering )
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Fashion Technology
VITEEE 2021 BTech Programs offered at Chennai Campus Only
- Fashion Technology
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
VITEEE 2021 Eligibility
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July, 1999 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2021
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2021 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology in the qualifying examination ( +2 / Intermediate ).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology ( PCM / PCB ) in +2 ( or its equivalent ) put together should be 50% for the SC / ST & North Eastern State.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- ‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE 2021.
The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National. PIO and OCI holder are also eligible to apply for VITEEE – 2021. ( Foreign Candidates studied / studying in abroad can apply directly through foreign category only ).
VITEEE Qualifying Examination
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2021 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2021, in any one of the following qualifying examinations :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE, New Delhi ) The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination – ISCE, New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two – year Pre – University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London / Cambridge / Srilanka ) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT Norms, NIOS candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE – 2021.
VITEEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2021 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology in the qualifying examination ( +2 / Intermediate ).
The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 ( or its equivalent ) put together should be 50% for the following categories :
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST.
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Certificate to prove Nativity should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio -Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering ( Spec. in Bioinformatics ) but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July, 1999 are eligible to apply for VITEEE – 2021. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
VITEEE 2021 Exam Pattern
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question ( MCQ ).
- PART-I – Physics
- PART-II – Chemistry
- PART-III – Mathematics / Biology
- PART-IV – English
- Candidates attempting Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics & English are eligible for all the B.Tech programmes offered.
- Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English are eligible for B.Tech. Biotechnology, B.Tech. Bioengineering, B.Tech. CSE ( spl.in Bioinformatics ) and B.Tech. ECE with spl. in Biomedical Engineering programmes.
- The selection of subjects ( Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics or Biology / English ) has to be mentioned on the application form itself.
- The questions will primarily be from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus.
- Each part has 40 questions and English has 5 questions, with each question carrying one mark.
- Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click the same.
- No negative marks for wrong answers.
- The Question paper will be in English only.
Online Application 14 December 2020 to 21 January 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.