VITEEE 2017 Chemistry Syllabus
|VITEEE 2016 Question Bank CD -|
|Entrance Exam||Application Form||Admission Procedure||Exam Centers||Results|
|Counselling||Physics Syllabus||Chemistry Syllabus||Mathematics Syllabus||Biology Syllabus|
VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus 2017
1. Atomic Structure :
- Bohr’s Atomic Model – Sommerfeld’s Extension of Atomic Structure; Electronic Configuration and Quantum Numbers; Shapes of s, p, d, f Orbitals – Pauli’s Exclusion Principle – Hund’s Rule of Maximum Multiplicity – Aufbau Principle. Emission Spectrum, Absorption Spectrum, Line Spectra and Band Spectra; Hydrogen Spectrum – Lyman, Balmer, Poschen, Brakett and Pfund Series; Debroglie’s Theory; Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle – Wave Nature of Electron – Schrodinger Wave Equation ( No Derivation ). Eigen Values and Eigen Functions. Hybridization of Atomic Orbitals Involving s, p, d Orbitals.
2. P, D and F – Block Elements :
- P Block Elements – Phosphorous Compounds; Pcl3, Pcl5 – Oxides. Hydrogen Halides, Inter Halogen Compounds. Xenon Fluoride Compounds. General Characteristics of D – Block Elements – Electronic Configuration – Oxidation States of First Row Transition Elements and their Colours; Occurrence and Principles of Extraction: Copper, Silver, Gold and Zinc. Preparation, Properties of Cuso4, Agno3 and K2Cr2O7.
- Lanthanides – Introduction, Electronic Configuration, General Characteristics, Oxidation State – Lanthanide Contraction, Uses, Brief Comparison of Lanthanides and Actinides.
3. Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry :
- Introduction – Terminology in Coordination Chemistry – IUPAC Nomenclature of Mononuclear Coordination Compounds. Isomerism, Geometrical Isomerism in 4 – Coordinate, 6 – Coordinate Complexes. Theories on Coordination Compounds – Werner’s Theory ( Brief ), Valence Bond Theory. Uses of Coordination Compounds. Bioinorganic Compounds ( Hemoglobin and Chlorophyll ).
- Lattice – Unit Cell, Systems, Types of Crystals, Packing in Solids; Ionic Crystals – Imperfections in Solids – Point Defects. X – Ray Diffraction – Electrical Property, Amorphous Solids ( Elementary Ideas Only ).
4. Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics :
- I and II Law Of Thermodynamics – Spontaneous and Non Spontaneous Processes, Entropy, Gibb’s Free Energy – Free Energy Change and Chemical Equilibrium – Significance of Entropy.
- Law of Mass Action – Le Chatlier’s Principle, Applications of Chemical Equilibrium. Rate Expression, Order and Molecularity of Reactions, Zero Order, First Order and Pseudo First Order Reaction – Half Life Period. Determination of Rate Constant and Order of Reaction. Temperature Dependence of Rate Constant – Arrhenius Equation and Activation Energy.
5. Electrochemistry :
- Theory of Electrical Conductance; Metallic and Electrolytic Conductance. Faraday’s Laws – Theory of Strong Electrolytes – Specific Resistance, Specific Conductance, Equivalent and Molar Conductance – Variation of Conductance with Dilution – Kohlraush’s Law – Ionic Product of Water, pH and pH – Buffer Solutions – Use of pH Values. Cells – Electrodes and Electrode Potentials – Construction of Cell and EMF Values, Fuel Cells, Corrosion and its Prevention.
6. Isomerism in Organic Compounds :
- Definition, Classification – Structural Isomerism, Stereo Isomerism – Geometrical and Optical Isomerism. Optical Activity – Chirality – Compounds Containing Chiral Centres – R, S Notation, D, L Notation.
7. Alcohols and Ethers :
- Nomenclature of Alcohols – Classification of Alcohols – Distinction between 10, 20 and 30 Alcohols – General Methods of Preparation of Primary Alcohols, Properties. Methods of Preparation of Dihydric Alcohols : Glycol – Properties – Uses. Methods of Preparation of Trihydric Alcohols – Properties – Uses. Aromatic Alcohols – Preparation and Properties of Phenols and Benzyl Alcohol.
- Ethers – Nomenclature of Ethers – General Methods of Preparation of Aliphatic Ethers – Properties – Uses. Aromatic Ethers – Preparation of Anisole – Uses.
8. Carbonyl Compounds :
- Nomenclature of Carbonyl Compounds – Comparison of Aldehydes and Ketones. General Methods of Preparation of Aldehydes – Properties – Uses. Aromatic Aldehydes – Preparation of Benzaldehyde – Properties and Uses. Ketones – General Methods of Preparation of Aliphatic Ketones ( Acetone ) – Properties – Uses. Aromatic Ketones – Preparation of Acetophenone – Properties – Uses, Preparation of Benzophenone – Properties. Name Reactions; Clemmenson Reduction, Wolff – Kishner Reduction, Cannizaro Reaction, Claisen Schmidt Reaction, Benzoin Condensation, Aldol Condensation. Preparation and Applications of Grignard Reagents.
9. Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives :
- Nomenclature – Preparation of Aliphatic Monocarboxylic Acids – Formic Acid – Properties – Uses. Monohydroxy Mono Carboxylic Acids; Lactic Acid – Synthesis of Lactic Acid. Aliphatic Dicarboxylic Acids; Preparation of Oxalic and Succinic Acid. Aromatic Acids; Benzoic and Salicylic Acid – Properties – Uses. Derivatives of Carboxylic Acids; Acetyl Chloride ( CH3COCl ) – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Preparation of Acetamide, Properties – Acetic Anhydride – Preparation, Properties. Preparation of Esters – Methyl Acetate – Properties.
10. Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules :
- Aliphatic Nitro Compounds – Preparation of Aliphatic Nitroalkanes – Properties – Uses. Aromatic Nitro Compounds – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Distinction between Aliphatic and Aromatic Nitro Compounds. Amines; Aliphatic Amines – General Methods of Preparation – Properties – Distinction between 10, 20 and 30 Amines. Aromatic Amines – Synthesis of Benzylamine – Properties, Aniline – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Distinction between Aliphatic and Aromatic Amine. Aliphatic Nitriles – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Diazonium Salts – Preparation of Benzene Diazoniumchloride – Properties.
- Carbohydrates – Distinction between Sugars and Non Sugars, Structural Formulae of Glucose, Fructose and Sucrose, with their Linkages, Invert Sugar – Definition, Examples of Polysaccharides and Oligo,
- Amino acids – classification with examples, Peptides-properties of peptide bond,
- Lipids – Definition, classification with examples, difference between fats, oils and waxes.
VITEEE 2017 Navigation : VITEEE Application Form 2017, VITEEE 2017 Biology Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Mathematics Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Chemistry Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Physics Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Counselling, VITEEE 2017 Results, VITEEE 2017 Post Offices List ( Page 4 ), VITEEE 2017 Post Offices List ( Page 3 ), VITEEE 2017 Post Offices List ( Page 2 ), VITEEE List of Designated Post Offices 2017, VITEEE Exam Centres 2017, VITEEE 2017 Admission Procedure, Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam - VITEEE 2017, VITEEE Preparation Question Bank CD
VITEEE Related : VITEEE 2017 Chemistry Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Syllabus Material, VITEEE 2017 Syllabus Details, VITEEE 2017 Chemistry Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 BTech Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Syllabus Download, VITEEE 2017 Detailed Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Syllabus Curriculum, VITEEE 2017 Chemistry Study Material, VITEEE 2017 Examination Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Syllabus Portion, VITEEE 2017 Admission Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Exam Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Engineering Chemistry Syllabus, VIT University 2017 Chemistry Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Entrance Exam Syllabus, VITEEE 2017 Syllabus for Chemistry, Vellore Institute of Technology Chemistry Syllabus 2017,
Entrance Exam Application Form Admission Procedure Exam Centers Results Counselling Physics Syllabus Chemistry Syllabus Mathematics Syllabus Biology Syllabus VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus 2017 1. Atomic Structure : Bohr’s Atomic Model – Sommerfeld’s Extension of Atomic Structure; Electronic Configuration and Quantum Numbers; … Continue reading
Posted In engineering entrance exam : viteee : by nirmala