VITEEE 2015 Chemistry Syllabus
|VITEEE 2015 Online Mock Test / Free Trial -|
|Announcement : VITEEE 2015 Application forms will be available from First Week of December 2014 onwards. Please visit this page for regular updates…|
VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus 2015
Atomic Structure :
- Bohr’s Atomic Model – Sommerfeld’s Extension of Atomic Structure; Electronic Configuration and Quantum Numbers; Shapes of s, p, d, f Orbitals – Pauli’s Exclusion Principle – Hund’s Rule of Maximum Multiplicity – Aufbau Principle. Emission Spectrum, Absorption Spectrum, Line Spectra and Band Spectra; Hydrogen Spectrum – Lyman, Balmer, Poschen, Brakett and Pfund Series; Debroglie’s Theory; Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle – Wave Nature of Electron – Schrodinger Wave Equation ( No Derivation ). Eigen Values and Eigen Functions. Hybridization of Atomic Orbitals Involving s, p, d Orbitals.
P, D and F – Block Elements :
- P Block Elements – Phosphorous Compounds; Pcl3, Pcl5 – Oxides. Hydrogen Halides, Inter Halogen Compounds. Xenon Fluoride Compounds. General Characteristics of D – Block Elements – Electronic Configuration – Oxidation States of First Row Transition Elements and their Colours; Occurrence and Principles of Extraction: Copper, Silver, Gold and Zinc. Preparation, Properties of Cuso4, Agno3 and K2Cr2O7.
- Lanthanides – Introduction, Electronic Configuration, General Characteristics, Oxidation State – Lanthanide Contraction, Uses, Brief Comparison of Lanthanides and Actinides.
Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry :
- Introduction – Terminology in Coordination Chemistry – IUPAC Nomenclature of Mononuclear Coordination Compounds. Isomerism, Geometrical Isomerism in 4 – Coordinate, 6 – Coordinate Complexes. Theories on Coordination Compounds – Werner’s Theory ( Brief ), Valence Bond Theory. Uses of Coordination Compounds. Bioinorganic Compounds ( Hemoglobin and Chlorophyll ).
- Lattice – Unit Cell, Systems, Types of Crystals, Packing in Solids; Ionic Crystals – Imperfections in Solids – Point Defects. X – Ray Diffraction – Electrical Property, Amorphous Solids ( Elementary Ideas Only ).
Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics :
- I and II Law Of Thermodynamics – Spontaneous and Non Spontaneous Processes, Entropy, Gibb’s Free Energy – Free Energy Change and Chemical Equilibrium – Significance of Entropy.
- Law of Mass Action – Le Chatlier’s Principle, Applications of Chemical Equilibrium. Rate Expression, Order and Molecularity of Reactions, Zero Order, First Order and Pseudo First Reaction – Half Life Period. Determination of Rate Constant and Order of Reaction Temperature Dependence of Rate Constant – Arrhenius Equation, Activation Energy.
- Theory of Electrical Conductance; Metallic and Electrolytic Conductance. Faraday’s Laws – Theory of Strong Electrolytes – Specific Resistance, Specific Conductance, Equivalent and Molar Conductance – Variation of Conductance with Dilution – Kohlraush’s Law – Ionic Product of Water, pH and pOH – Buffer Solutions – Use of pH Values. Cells – Electrodes and Electrode Potentials – Construction of Cell and EMF Values, Fuel Cells, Corrosion and its Prevention.
Isomerism in Organic Compounds :
- Definition, Classification – Structural Isomerism, Stereo Isomerism – Geometrical and Optical Isomerism. Optical Activity – Chirality – Compounds Containing Chiral Centres – R – S Notation, D – L Notation.
Alcohols and Ethers :
- Nomenclature of Alcohols – Classification of Alcohols – Distinction between 10, 20 and 30 Alcohols – General Methods of Preparation of Primary Alcohols, Properties. Methods of Preparation of Dihydric Alcohols : Glycol – Properties – Uses. Methods of Preparation of Trihydric Alcohols – Properties – Uses. Aromatic Alcohols – Preparation and Properties of Phenols and Benzyl Alcohol.
- Ethers – Nomenclature of Ethers – General Methods of Preparation of Aliphatic Ethers – Properties – Uses. Aromatic Ethers – Preparation of Anisole – Uses.
Carbonyl Compounds :
- Nomenclature of Carbonyl Compounds – Comparison of Aldehydes and Ketones. General Methods of Preparation of Aldehydes – Properties – Uses. Aromatic Aldehydes – Preparation of Benzaldehyde – Properties and Uses. Ketones – General Methods of Preparation of Aliphatic Ketones ( Acetone ) – Properties – Uses. Aromatic Ketones – Preparation of Acetophenone – Properties – Uses, Preparation of Benzophenone – Properties. Name Reactions; Clemmenson Reduction, Wolff – Kishner Reduction, Cannizaro Reaction, Claisen Schmidt Reaction, Benzoin Condensation, Aldol Condensation. Preparation and Applications of Grignard Reagents.
Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives :
- Nomenclature – Preparation of Aliphatic Monobarboxylic Acids – Formic Acid – Properties – Uses. Monohydroxy Mono Carboxylic Acids; Lactic Acid – Synthesis of Lactic Acid. Aliphatic Dicarboxylic Acids; Preparation of Oxalic and Succinic Acid. Aromatic Acids; Benzoic and Salicylic Acid – Properties – Uses. Derivatives of Carboxylic Acids; Acetyl Chloride ( CH3COCl ) – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Preparation of Acetamide, Properties – Acetic Anhydride – Preparation, Properties. Preparation of Esters – Methyl Acetate – Properties.
Organic Nitrogen Compounds :
- Aliphatic Nitro Compounds – Preparation of Aliphatic Nitroalkanes – Properties – Uses. Aromatic Nitro Compounds – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Distinction between Aliphatic and Aromatic Nitro Compounds. Amines; Aliphatic Amines – General Methods of Preparation – Properties – Distinction between 10, 20 and 30 Amines. Aromatic Amines – Synthesis of Benzylamine – Properties, Aniline – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Distinction between Aliphatic and Aromatic Amine. Aliphatic Nitriles – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Diazonium Salts – Preparation of Benzene Diazoniumchloride – Properties.
- Carbohydrates – Distinction between Sugars and Non Sugars, Structure and Formulae of Glucose, Fructose and Sucrose, with their Linkages, Invert Sugar – Definition and Examples of Polysaccharides,
- Amino acids – classification with examples, Peptides-properties of peptide bond,
- Lipids – Definition, classification with examples, difference between fats, oils and waxes.
VITEEE 2015 Navigation : VITEEE 2015 Application Form, VITEEE 2015 Biology Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Mathematics Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Chemistry Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Physics Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Counselling, VITEEE 2015 Results, VITEEE 2015 Post Offices List ( Page 4 ), VITEEE 2015 Post Offices List ( Page 3 ), VITEEE 2015 Post Offices List ( Page 2 ), VITEEE 2015 Post Offices List ( Page 1 ), VITEEE 2015 Exam Centres, VITEEE 2015 Admission Procedure, VITEEE 2015 Entrance Exam, VITEEE Preparation Question Bank CD
VITEEE Related : VITEEE 2015 Chemistry Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Syllabus Material, VITEEE 2015 Syllabus Details, VITEEE 2015 Chemistry Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 BTech Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Syllabus Download, VITEEE 2015 Detailed Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Syllabus Curriculum, VITEEE 2015 Chemistry Study Material, VITEEE 2015 Examination Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Syllabus Portion, VITEEE 2015 Admission Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Exam Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Engineering Chemistry Syllabus, VIT University 2015 Chemistry Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Entrance Exam Syllabus, VITEEE 2015 Syllabus for Chemistry, Vellore Institute of Technology Chemistry Syllabus 2015,
VITEEE Syllabus 2015 – VITEEE 2015 Chemistry Syllabus – VITEEE Syllabus Download 2015 – VIT Engineering Syllabus 2015 – VITEEE Syllabus for BTech 2015 – Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Syllabus 2015.
Posted In engineering entrance exam : viteee : by sudha