DUCET Entrance Exam 2017
Dravidian University invites applications from eligible candidates for entrance exam for admissions to the various Postgraduate ( PG ), such as, Master of Arts ( MA ) and Master of Science ( M.Sc ) in various disciplines for the commencing session 2017 – 2018.
DUCET 2017 Eligibility
|S.No||Department||Programme||Subject||Duration (in years)||Intake||Eligibility|
|1||Comparative Dravidian Literature & Philosophy||M.A.||Philosophy**||2||20||Any degree|
|2||Dravidian & Computational Linguistics||M.A.||Linguistics**||2||20||Any degree|
|3||Education||B.Ed.||Education||2||50||As per EdCET rules|
|4||Language Teaching Technology||TPT*||Telugu Pandit Training||1||50||As per LPCET rules|
|5||English Language & Communications||M.A.||English||2||40||Any degree with English under Part I or II|
|6||Folklore &Tribal Studies||M.A.||Folklore & Tribal Studies**||2||20||Any degree|
|7||Herbal Sciences||M.Sc.||Herbal Sciences||2||20||B.Sc. with Chemistry and any two subjects in Life Sciences|
|8||History, Archaeology & Culture||M.A.||History**||2||20||Any degree|
|9||Kannada Language & Translation Studies||M.A.||Kannada||2||20||Any degree with Kannada under Part I or II|
|10||Malayalam Language & Translation Studies||M.A.||Malayalam||2||20||B.A. Malayalam or any degree with Malayalam under Part I or II|
|11||Tamil Language & Translation Studies||M.A.||Tamil||2||20||B.A. Tamil or B.Litt. or any degree with Tamil under Part I or II|
|12||Telugu Language & Translation Studies||M.A.||Telugu||2||40||Any degree with Telugu under Part I or II|
|13||Tulu Language & Translation Studies||M.A.||Tulu||2||20||Any degree with Kannada language|
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
DUCET 2017 Seats Reservation
Reservation for SC / ST / BC Communities :
The seats are reserved for the following categories as per the relevant Government Orders of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
15% of seats in each course shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes.
6% of seats in each course shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to the scheduled Tribes.
- The seats reserved for scheduled tribes shall be made available to scheduled castes and vice versa, if qualified candidates are not available in the category.
- If qualified candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes communities are not available, the left over seats reserved for them shall be treated as unreserved seats and shall be filled by the candidates of General pool.
29% of seats in each course shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to the Backward classes and shall be allocated among the five groups of Backward classes as shown below :
- GROUP ‘A’ – 7%
- GROUP ‘B’ – 10%
- GROUP ‘C’ – 1%
- GROUP ‘D’ – 7%
- GROUP ‘E’ – 4%
If qualified candidates belonging to Backward Classes of a particular group are not available, the leftover seats shall be adjusted for the candidates of next group. If qualified candidates belonging to Backward Classes are not available to fill up the 29% seats reserved for them, the left over seats shall be treated as unreserved and shall be filled up with candidates of General pool.
No candidate seeking reservation for admission under the above categories be allowed to participate in the Counseling for admission unless he / she produces the Integrated Community Certificate prescribed by the Government, and issued by the Revenue Authorities in the Government.
Reservation for women
One third of the seats are reserved for women candidates in each category ( i.e. OC, SC, ST, BC, Special Categories and L / NL ). This rule is not applied if women candidates selected on merit in a category from one third or more of the seats therein. If there are no suitable candidates in a category, the seats will be filled with men candidates of the same category. Absence of adequate number of women candidates in a category cannot be compensated by giving more seats for women
in another category.
Reservation for special categories :
There shall be horizontal reservation in each category ( OC, BC, SC, ST ) in each course for the following categories, to the extent indicated against them.
- Differently Abled ( DA ) – 3% ( three percent ) for Visually handicapped / hearing impaired / Orthopaedically Handicapped ( each 1% ) ( one percent ).
- Children of Armed Forces Personnel ( CAP ) – 2% ( two percent ) for the children of armed persons i.e. Ex – Servicemen, Defence Personnel including the Children of Border Security Force and the Central Reserve Police Force residing in Andhra Pradesh for a minimum period of 5 years.
- National Cadet Corps ( NCC ) – 1% ( two percent ) for National Cadet Corps candidates.
- National Service Scheme ( NSS ) – 1% ( one percent ) for NSS volunteer candidates.
- Sports and Games ( SP ) – 1% ( one percent ) for Sports and Games candidates.
If qualified candidates belonging to NCC / NSS / DA / SP / CAP categories are not available, the left over seats shall be filled up with candidates of General Pool.
NCC / NSS
- Local candidates only are considered for admission under the categories of NCC, NSS.
- Participation during the period of study of the qualifying examination is alone considered.
Priority I :
- International level participation in NCC.
- International level participation in NSS activities.
- International participation in approved World competitions / World competitions for Juniors / World University Competitions in the order.
- International level participation in Youth Festival.
Priority II :
- National level participation in NCC.
- National level participation in NSS activities.
- National championship / Junior National championship / South Zone championship.
- Participation in Games & Sports in the order.
- National level participation in Youth Festival with prize.
Priority III :
- State level participation in NCC or just ‘C’ or ‘B’ certificate Holders.
- State or Inter – university NSS camps or NSS two Special camps.
- Inter-University / Inter – District / Inter – Collegiate participation in Games & Sports in the order.
- South Zone level participation in Youth Festival ( Priority for prize winners )
Sports & Games
Participation in the following games and sports only shall be considered under Games & Sports Category if certified by recognized bodies or associations :
Cricket, Foot ball, Hockey, Volley Ball, Basket Ball, Tennis, Kabadi, Shuttle – Badminton, Ball – Badminton, Table Tennis, Athletics, Swimming, Weight Lifting, Wrestling, Boxing, Gymnastics, Kho-Kho, Hand Ball, Chess, Cycling, Rowing, Body Building and Shooting.
Candidate shall have to produce the following documents :
- Certificates issued by a recognized Sports Body or Association.
- Group photos or paper cuttings, if any as a proof of participation of the candidate in the sports or games events. Special Categories Merit list will be prepared with candidates of Priority I arranged in the order of DUCET rank followed by candidates of Priority II arranged in the order of DUCET rank followed by candidates of Priority III arranged in the order of DUCET rank.
- When there is only one special category seat in a course, it will be filled as per the order in the special category merit list.
- When there are two special category seats, the first seat will be filled as per the order in the special category merit list. The second seat will be filled from the special category merit list by a candidate belonging to the category other than the category of the first candidate selected ensuring women reservation.
- When there are three special category seats, one seat is earmarked for each category. The first seat will be filled as per the order in the special category merit list. The second seat will be filled from special category merit list by a candidate not belonging to the category of the first candidate selected. The third seat will be filled from the special category merit list by a candidate belonging to the remaining category ensuring women reservation. The left – over special category seats will be filled by general open category.
Differently Abled ( DA ) Category :
- DA candidates should enclose the attested copy of the certificate issued by the Medical Board of District Headquarters Hospital or General Hospital of a Medical College. The Certificate should indicate the nature and extent of disability in percentage.
- At the time of interview, a differently abled candidate must submit the original DA certificate and appear before the Medical Officer of Dravidian University.
- Admission will be made on the basis of the percentage of disability as assessed by the University Doctor, but not according to the rank in the entrance test. Where disability is equal, merit in the entrance test will be taken into consideration for admission.
- A differently abled candidate will not be admitted into a course if the disability does not allow him to pursue the course to a reasonable extent.
- If there is no suitable candidate under DA category, the seat will be filled with a candidate of local open category.
Children of the Armed Personnel ( CAP ) :
The following priorities shall be drawn up with regard to the Children of Armed Personnel.
- Children of Servicemen killed in action.
- Children of Ex – Servicemen disabled in action and permanently incapacitated as a result there of in respect of disability pension.
- Children of Ex – Servicemen and Servicemen who have received Gallantry Awards in the following order. (a) Param Vir Chakra; (b) Ashok Chakra; (c) Mahavir Chakra; (d) Kirti Chakra; (e) Vir Chakra; (f) Shaurya Chakra; (g) Sena / Nao Sena / Vayu Sena Medal; (h) Mention in dispatches.
- Children of Armed Personnel ( combatant ) irrespective of the rank held by them.
- Children of other Ex-Servicemen or Servicemen who are eligible for pension.
If there is more than one candidate in any of the above groups, priority will be decided on the basis of DUCET 2017 rank.
Note : The candidates claiming reservation benefits under the above categories shall produce original documents in support of their claim to the Dean, Academic Affairs and he/she shall be entitled to refer the original documents of the candidates claiming reservation for scrutiny and confirmation, to the following authorities.
- NCC – To the Director of NCC, Andhra Pradesh
- Sports & Games – To the Vice-Chairman and Managing Director, Sports Authority of
- Andhra Pradesh ( SAAP )
- Differently Abled – To the Director, Medical & Health Services, AP
- Children of Armed Personnel – To the Director, Sainik Welfare Board, A.P.
The priorities in respect of the special categories mentioned above shall be in accordance with Government Orders issued from time to time.
Reservation of seats to students from Other Southern States
10% of seats are reserved in each course ( other than professional courses like MCA / MBA / B.Ed, TPT etc. ) for each State ( Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Pondicherry ) for which admissions are made through the Dravidian University Common Entrance Test over and above the existing seats.
The total seats for the M.Ed Course are 50 (inclusive of other States quota of 6 seats, i.e., 2 seats each for Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala). If any of such seats are not filled shall be added to the common pool of M.Ed seats and allotted as per rules of reservation.
Local and Non – Local Candidates
- Students belonging to undivided Andhra Pradesh are considered local.
- Students belonging to States of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Pondicherry are considered non – locals.
Re – allotment of Unfilled Seats
The open category seats will be filled up with General Merit students.
The SC category seats will be filled up with SC category students.
- If SC (W) seat is vacant and not filled up it will be filled by ST (W) only
- If no ST (W) Candidate is available, it will be filled by SC / ST Merit Quota.
- If there is no candidate in SC category, it will go to ST category and vice – versa.
- If there is no SC / ST applicant and if the list is exhausted it will be converted into Open Category ( OC ).
Any vacant seat within BC category will be filled up by other BC candidates.
- If BC (W) seat is vacant in any category, it will be filled up by other BC (W) categories.
- If there are no BC (W) candidates, it will be filled up by BC ( Merit ) candidates.
- If the total BC list ( in all categories ) is exhausted, then the remaining seats will be converted into Open Category.
DUCET 2017 Application Form
Instructions to the candidates for filling Dravidian University Application Form
Dravidian University application for entrance examination for admission into various courses during 2017 – 2018 is to be submitted in the prescribed form. A separate application is required for each course.
Candidates are required to pay the prescribed entrance examination fees of 300/- ( for General / BC Candidates ) and 200/- ( for SC / ST / Differently Abled candidates ) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Dravidian University, Kuppam payable at Andhra Bank, Dravidian University Branch, Kuppam ( Code 0001539 ).
The Application form must be filled in English only ( using CAPITAL letters ). Where the information is required to be filled in boxes, only one alphabet is to be written in each box.
Choice of Subject Codes : Each subject has been given a two letter code. Select the subject from the list given below and indicate the code of the subject.
|Certificate Course||Academic Writing||CA|
|Diploma Course||Tamil Language||DD|
|P.G. Diploma Course||Academic Writing (Malayalam)||DA|
|P.G. Diploma Course||Folkloristics||DF|
|P.G. Diploma Course||Translat ion||Dl|
|P.G. Diploma Course||Tourism||DS|
|B.A.||History, Telugu, Political Science||HTP|
|History, Economics, Political Science||HEP|
|History, Telugu, Sanskrit||HTS|
|History, Telugu, Philosophy||HTP|
|B.Sc.||Botany, Biotechnology, Chemistry||BBC|
|Zoology, Biotechnology, Chemistry||ZBC|
|Botany, Zoology, Chemistry||BZC|
|Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry||BMC|
|Mathematics, Statist ics, ComputerScience||MSC|
|B.S.W.||Sociology, Social Work, Psychology||BSW|
|M.A.||Folklore and Tribal Studies||FS|
|M.A.||Music and Performing Arts||MP|
|M.A.||Rural Development Management||RD|
|M.A.||Tourism and Management||TR|
Single application can be used for multiple courses by giving the order of preference of their choice from the any of the following two groups of PG Programs.
Group 1 : Philosophy / Linguistics / Folklore, Tribal lore and Cultural Tourism / History / Library Science / Social Work / Rural Development Management / Sociology.
Group 2 : Bio – Chemistry / Biotechnology / Microbiology.
Note : Each of the above two groups will have a Common Entrance Test. Preference will be given in admission based on the subjects studied in the qualifying degree.
Use the “Code” as indicated against each subject while providing the information against the column : order of preference in the application.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
DUCET 2017 Examination Centres
- Dravidian University, Kuppam
DUCET 2017 Results
Dravidian University Common Entrance Exam Results likely to be declared in the month of June, 2017.
To know more about Results Click Here
DUCET 2017 Important Dates
|1||Notification for Admission||27th March, 2017|
|2||Sale of Applications||3rd April, 2017 to 15th May, 2017|
|3||Sale of Applications (with late fee of 50/-)||16th May, 2016 to 30th May, 2017|
|4||Last Date for submission of filled in applications||31st May, 2017 ( before 5:00 PM )|
|5||Common Entrance Test for PG candidates ( DUCET )||5th June, 2017|
Important : DURCET 2015 Entrance Examination Scheduled on 12th December, 2015 is postponed due to Administrative reasons. The revised dates will be announced soon. please keep watching this page for regular updates.
DURCET Entrance Exam 2015
Dravidian University offering PG Courses, the University offers research courses leading to M.Phil. ( full – time / part – time ) and Ph.D. ( full – time / part – time ) in the disciplines as detailed below :
- Comparative Dravidian Literature
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Library and Information Science and Management.
DURCET 2015 Eligibility Criteria for M.Phil. / Ph.D. Admissions
A) A candidate may be permitted to carry on M.Phil. / Ph.D. ( full – time / part – time ) course when he / she satisfies the following criteria :
- Candidates with P.G. degree of this University or recognized as equivalent thereto shall have a minimum of 55% marks in the concerned subject of PG. However, a concession of 5% marks is allowed to SC / ST / PWD candidates. and
- Candidates shall have to qualify in the ( DURCET ) Entrance Test conducted by Dravidian University ( or ) Candidates who have qualified in GATE / UGC NET / SLET / UGC – RGNF / CSIR INSPIRE holders / any SET of southern states Examination are exempted from DURCET 2015.
Note : PG in Linguistics / Languages / Humanities / Social Sciences / Computer Sceience.
Folklore – PG in Folklore / Language / Sociology / Anthropology / Fine Arts / Performing Arts / Literature and History.
Biotechnology – PG in Life Sciences. M.Pharmacy and M.Tech in Biotechnology, Bioinformatics etc.,
B) The Candidates belonging to any one the of the following categories are eligible for pursuing Part – time M.Phil. / Ph.D. :
- A Teacher / Research Assistant / Research Fellow / Teaching Assistant working in the Dravidian University with not less than two years of service.
- Non – Teaching Staff of the Dravidian University with not less than 2 years of Regular Service.
- A Teacher working in Dravidian University / other Universities recognized by UGC with 2 years of teaching experience / A Teacher working in Recognised Colleges Affiliated any University with 2 years of experience.
- Junior Lecturers in Government / Aided Junior Colleges or Polytechnics / DIET / PG Teachers equivalent to Junior Lecturers working in Government / Aided Colleges / Recognized Junior Colleges by the Govt. with 2 years of teaching experience.
- Librarians / Deputy Librarians / Assistant Librarians / Directors / Deputy Directors / Assistant Directors working in Government / Aided Colleges / Government / Aided Junior Colleges / Recognised Junior Colleges by the Government with 2 years of experience.
- Lecturers in Physical Education / Physical Directors working in Government / Aided Colleges / Government / Aided Junior Colleges / Recognised Degree Colleges by the Government with 2 years of experience.
- Teachers with PG Degree working in Government / Aided Engineering Colleges / Recognised Private UG / PG Colleges with 2 years of teaching experience.
- Employees working in reputed National / State Institutions with not less than 2 years of Regular service. ( The list of such institutes shall be furnished by the Departmental Research Committee ( DRC ) )
- Permanent teachers working in Government / Aided High Schools / Recognised Schools by the Government with not less than 5 years of Regular Service.
- An Executive with a minimum of 5 years of service in Commercial Banks, Industries, Financial Institutions, Reputed Service Organizations, Central / State Government Gazetted and Non-Gazetted Officer may be considered for admission into Ph.D. ( Part – Time ) program of the University. These Executives shall qualify for admission to Ph.D. ( Part – time ) program by passing DURCET or by having at least two research papers in reputed research journals and shall qualify all other requirements as prescribed for registration into Ph.D. program. However, after completion of admission the University Committee may visit the concerned organisation to explore the facilities for research and enter into MoU. The candidates
under this quota with 3 to 4 years of experience can join either full – time or part-time basis, in two spells i.e. June / July and November / December along with the regular admission.
- Employees working as Research Assistants / Lab Assistants / Scientists / Technical Assistants in a recognised Lab or Instituttions or any other organisations related to Academic or Research with 2 years of service. Retired employees are not eligible for Part – time Research Program.
DURCET 2015 Exam Pattern
- The entrance test will be of 2 hours duration with 120 multiple choice questions. Each question carries one mark. The question paper will be in English only except in the case of language subjects.
- There is a prescribed syllabus for the entrance test of each subject. The syllabus for the test consists of Section A – General Aptitude for 30 questions and Section B – concerned subject at PG level for 90 questions.
DURCET 2015 Exam Center
Dravidian University Campus, Kuppam
DURCET 2015 Application Form
DURCET 2015 Registration for M.Phil. Ph.D.
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Phil. ( full – time / part – time ) and Ph.D. ( full – time / part – time ) shall apply on separate application forms and take the Common Entrance Test ( both for M.Phil / Ph.D ) and qualify themselves for admission into M.Phil / Ph.D.
- Application forms meant for M.Phil. should not be used for Ph.D. and vice – versa.
- Duly attested copies of relevant certificates should accompany each application for the Entrance Test. Duly attested passport size photographs of the candidate must be affixed to the application form and the Hall – Ticket form.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Hall – Tickets for all eligible candidates will be sent by post.
- All enquiries regarding non-receipt of the Registration Card, Hall ticket, etc., should be made with the Dean, Academic Affairs, Dravidian University, Kuppam.
- If the original Hall Ticket is lost, a duplicate Hall-Ticket will be issued to candidates, by the Dean, Academic Affairs, Dravidian University, Kuppam one day in advance of the Entrance test on payment of 50/- and on production of identity card and two duly attested photographs for ascertaining the identity of the candidate.
DURCET 2015 Payment and Refund of Fee
- Registration fee once paid will not be refunded or readjusted to any other program. Full Tuition Fee will be refunded if any student cancels his / her admission before the last date specified for the payment of fees.
- If any student cancels his / her admissions after the last date specified for payment of fees, 25% of Tuition Fee of that year will be collected even if the student discontinues in the first year or second year, irrespective of whether the student has attended the Department or not.
- If any student cancels his / her admission after the last date specified for payment of fees, only 75% of Tuition Fee of that year will be refunded, even if the student discontinues in the first year or second year, irrespective of whether the student has attended the Department or not.
Cost of DURCET 2015 Application :
- 400/- For SC, ST, PH Candidates
DURCET 2015 Syllabus
- Reasoning ( including mathematical ) : Number series; Letter series; Codes; Relationships; Classification. ( 5 Questions )
- Logical Reasoning : Understanding the structure of arguments; Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning; Verbal analogies : Word analogy – Applied analogy; Verbal classification; Reasoning Logical Diagrams : Simple diagrammatic relationship, multi – diagrammatic relationship; Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning. ( 10 Questions )
- Data Interpretation : Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data; Quantitative and qualitative data; Graphical representation and mapping of data. ( 5 Questions )
- Information and Communication Technology ( ICT ) : ICT meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses; General abbreviations and terminology; Basics of internet and e-mail. ( 5 Questions )
- Research Aptitude : Research : Meaning, characteristics and types; Steps of Research; Methods of Research; Research Ethics. ( 5 Questions )
To know more about DURCET Application Form Click Here
DURCET 2015 Result
DURCET Results will be declared on 15th December, 2015.
To know more about DURCET Results Click Here
DURCET 2015 Important Dates
|Notification for DURCET Admission||18th November, 2015|
|Sale of DURCET Applications||18th November, 2015 to 30th November, 2015|
|Last date for submission of DURCET Application||07th December, 2015 ( Before 5.00 P.M. )|
|Dispatch of DURCET Hall Tickets||05th December, 2015|
|Date of DURCET Entrance Examination||12th December, 2015|
|Announcement of DURCET Result||15th December, 2015|
|Date of DURCET Admissions||19th December, 2015|
Dravidian University The University reserves the right to alter the date and time of the Entrance Test at any stage of the admission process and the same will be displayed in the University website.
Kuppam – 517 425,
Chittore Dist – AP,
Phone No. : 9550866176,
Website : www.dravidianuniversity.ac.in.