Kurukshetra University Entrance Exam 2017
Kurukshetra University conducts Entrance Exam for admission to Undergraduate programs B.A. LL.B. ( Hons. ) / MBA / Bachelor of Pharmacy ( B. Pharmacy ) programs for academic session ( 2017 – 2018 ).
KUK 2017 Entrance Exam
Kurukshetra University invites applications from eligible candidates for admissions to the B.A. LL.B. ( Hons. ) / MBA / Bachelor of Pharmacy ( B.Pharmacy ) Programs.
Kurukshetra University 2017 Eligibility
Eligibility : Eligibility for admission to B.A. LL.B. ( Hons. ) 5 – Year, MBA 5 – Year and B. Pharmacy 4 – Year will be as under :
Institute of Law
B.A. LL.B. ( Hons. ) 5 Year.
- A person who has passed Senior Secondary Certificate Exams. ( 10+2 standard ) from the Board of School Edu., Haryana or an Exam. recognized as equivalent thereto, with 45% marks in the aggregate with five subjects including the subject of English shall be eligible to seek admission in the first year of B.A.LL.B. ( Hons. ) 5 – Year Integrated Course.
- The minimum eligibility condition for SC / ST candidates is 42.75% marks in the qualifying Examination 10+2 with English as one of the subjects.
- The minimum eligibility condition in the case of Differently Abled candidates shall be 42.75% marks in the qualifying Examination 10+2 with English as one of the subjects.
- The Course is open only to whole time students and not to employed or the self – employed.
- The candidates who have appeared for the final year of 10+2 Examination in 2017 and whose results have not been declared may also apply at their own risk and responsibility subject to the fulfillment of the above – mentioned eligibility conditions on the date of counseling.
- Candidates who are placed under compartment in the qualifying Examination shall not be allowed admission to the course, even provisionally
Note : The candidates who have obtained 10+2 through open University System directly without having any basic qualification i.e., Matric / Secondary are not eligible for admission in the B.A. LL.B. ( Hons. ) 5 Years Integrated Course.
Institute of Management Studies
MBA 5 Year
A person who has passed Bachelor’s Degree or Post-graduate Degree in any discipline from this University or from any recognized University with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate ( 45% marks in case of SC / ST candidates ) shall be eligible to apply for admission to MBA / MBA ( SFS ) First Semester course.
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
B.Pharmacy 4 Year
Senior Secondary Certificate Examination ( 10 + 2 Standard ) from the Board of School Education, Haryana or an Examination recognized as equivalent thereto with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects, alongwith any one of the following subjects :
- Computer Science
The eligibility for admission to various courses will be checked by the Chairperson / Director of the Department / Institute concerned at their own level and after provisional admission, the Registration Branch will check all documents of admitted candidates other than State Universities / Board of Haryana.
The candidates who have passed their lower examination from Universities other than Kurukshetra University or State Universities / Board of Haryana, are required to obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the Registration Branch before he / she is admitted provisionally by the Department / Institute concerned. For Eligibility Certificate the prescribed form can be had from the concerned Department / Institute. Application Form alongwith original certificates should be submitted to Deputy Registrar ( Regn. ) for issuing the Eligibility Certificate. No such student will be given even provisional admission without obtaining Eligibility Certificate.
Foreign Students :
Candidates who have passed lower / qualifying examinations from foreign Universities or Boards are required to submit Eligibility Certificate. The Eligibility Certificate will be issued by the Registration Branch on checking the required documents, such as student’s visa and original documents of a Foreign student. No Foreign student will be given even provisional admission without obtaining Eligibility Certificate.
Kurukshetra University 2017 Exam Scheme
KUK Scheme / Pattern of Entrance Test for courses ( where admission criteria includes entrance test ) is as under :
MBA ( 2 Years )
The pattern and level of Entrance Test shall be similar to the other national level management admission test such as MAT, CMAT, CAT etc.
The Entrance Test consists four parts : 80 Marks
- Reasoning Ability : 20 Marks
- General Awareness : 20 Marks
- General English : 20 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude : 20 Marks
Group Discussion and Interview : 20 Marks
- Group Discussion : 10 Marks
- Interview : 10 Marks
KUK Entrance 2017 Exam Centre
KUK Entrance Exam conduct at Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
KUK 2017 Reservation of Seats
(A) Distribution of seats :
The seats shall be distributed as under :
- All India Category including Haryana : 5%
- Bonafide Residents of Haryana : 85% ( 70% of the seats earmarked for bonafide residents of Haryana will be reserved for the categories as mentioned at (B) below, as per State Government policy and remaining 30% seats will be filled from among Haryana General Category )
(B) Reservation of seats for Bonafide Residents of Haryana :
The seats shall be reserved for the categories as under :
- Scheduled Castes : 20%
- Backward Classes of Haryana ( except Socially advanced persons / Sections ( creamy layer ) : 27% ( 16 % for Block – A ) ( 11 % for Block – B )
- Special Backward Classes ( except Socially advanced persons / Sections ( creamy layer ) : 10%
- Economically Backward Persons in the General Castes Category : 10%
- Differently Abled : 03% If the seats reserved for differently abled persons remain vacant due to nonavailability of suitable differently abled candidates, it may be offered to Ex-servicemen and their wards (1%) and dependents of Freedom Fighters (1%).
Further 3% horizontal reservation is also provided to Ex-servicemen / Freedom Fighters and their dependents by providing reservation within reservation of 1% of General category, 1% out of Scheduled Castes and 1% from Backward Classes category for admissions to the various educational institutions of the Government and Government aided / institutes located in Haryana. As far as block allocation in Block A and Block B of Backward Classes category is concerned, year wise rotational system will be adopted. For example, if Block A of Backward Classes are given seats in the Academic Year 2017, the next Block i.e. B Block of category of Backward Classes will be given seats in the next academic year i.e. 2017 and so on. The concerned Chairperson / Director of the Department / Institute shall maintain a roster register for horizontal reservation of Ex-servicemen/Freedom Fighter & their dependents and carry forward all fractions till one seat is accumulated through different fractions over the year. As and whe the total comes to one, a seat will be provided to the concerned category.
Guidelines for Reservation :
1. The Reservation of seats is as per the Reservation Policy of the Haryana Government and is subject to any change / amendment by the State Government from time to time.
2. If the reserved seat(s) of BC Block ‘A’ remain vacant these will be filled up from BC Block ‘B’ and vice versa.
3. The seats remaining vacant under various reserved categories other than SC category will be converted into General Category only if up to the date of display of final list or day of final counseling ( whichever applicable ), no eligible candidate belonging to the respective reserved categories is available for admission.
4. If a candidate of Haryana General, SC, BC, SBC and EBPG also apply for Differently Abled / ESM / DFF category will be consider first for Haryana General, SC, BC, SBC and EBPG category.
5. Candidates claiming reservation under Scheduled Caste will submit the certificate as per Annexure-II, Backward Class ( Block ‘A’ & ‘B’ ) will submit the certificate on the prescribed Performa as per Annexure-III, Special Backward Classes as per Annexure-IV and affidavit as per Annexure V and Economically Backward Persons in the General Castes Category for benefit of reservation shall have to furnish a certificate as per Annexure-VI at the time of Counseling.
6. The person who claims benefit of reservation under other categories shall not be entitled to claim benefit of reservation in the category of Economically Backward Person in the General Castes category.
7. If a candidate belongs to more than one reserved category, he / she shall be required to give his / her preference at the time of filling up the admission form. Preference once given shall not be changed.
8. BC ( Block A&B ) and Special Backward Classes candidates for benefit of reservation shall also have to furnish an affidavit duly attested by Executive Magistrate on the prescribed proforma to the effect that he / she is not covered under the criteria of creamy layer as per Annexure-V at the time of Counseling. The said affidavit shall be furnished jointly by both father and mother of the candidate.
9. Only the candidates having permanent disability of not less than 40% ( being otherwise fit for admission to the course ) will be considered for admission as Differently Abled. Disability certificate must be issued by the Chief Medical Officer of the concerned District. However, the certificate shall be subject to verification by a Medical Board of the University constituted for the purpose and the decision of the Board shall be final. Differently abled candidates belonging to Haryana are required to submit the certificate as per Annexure – VII.
10. Children and Grand-Children of Freedom Fighters of Haryana are required to submit a certificate from the concerned Deputy Commissioner of the concerned District as per Annexure – VIII.
11. ESM and their wards of Haryana are required to submit the certificate as per Annexure – IX.
12. For horizontal reservation, ESM / DFF candidates of General, SC and BC category will also have to furnish ESM / DFF certificate.
13. Preference shall be given to ESM first before giving admission to wards against ESM reserved seats.
14. Under differently abled category, atleast one candidate will be admitted, even if the share is less than 0.5 seat.
15. All the eligible candidates, whether from Haryana or from reserved categories can also compete for seats allocated under All India Category.
16. All the eligible candidates of reserved categories shall be considered first for Haryana General category seats.
17. Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from a university in the State of Haryana will be deemed to be Haryana residents and will not be required to submit certificates of bonafide residents of Haryana.
18. 30% seats in M.P.Ed., B.P.Ed. and P.G. Diploma in Yoga will be reserved for female candidates in all categories.
19. Differently Abled candidates will not be considered for admission to M.P.Ed., B.P.Ed. and P.G. Diploma in yoga.
To Know More about KUK University Entrance Exam – Click Here
KUK 2017 Application Form
1. Online submission of Application Form will commence w.e.f. 06th June, 2017. Before Registration of Application Forms, the candidates may read the Prospectus and guidelines / instructions on University Website www.kuk.ac.in carefully for online submission of the form. The applications will be submitted online alongwith a fee of 400/- ( 100/- for SC / BC / SBC / EBP / Blind candidates of Haryana ) plus Entrance Test Fee as mentioned in Table-1 against concerned courses. The prospectus / entrance test fee will be submitted online only. After completing the Application Form in all respect, the candidate must download the printed out of Application Form filled in online and submit the same alongwith required documents and fee receipt.
2. List of selected candidates will be notified on the Notice Board of the concerned Department / Institute and will also be available on the University Website as per schedule given in the Prospectus.
How to Apply for KUK 2017
Before filling the Admission Application Form the candidates are required to read the Prospectus / guidelines / instructions available on university website for online Registration carefully. Online Registration of Application Forms will commence w.e.f. 06th June, 2017. Application Form be submitted online on the University website www.kuk.ac.in duly filled in all respects by due date and print out of Admission Application Form filled in online alongwith self attested photocopies of relevant documents and receipt of fee, should reach in the office of the Chairperson / Director of the Department / Institute concerned by due date as given in Important Information. Application Forms received late shall be rejected and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
1. All the particulars in the Application Form must be filled carefully and no entries should be left unfilled. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
2. For Admissions to MTTM & MHM&CT and MBA & MBA ( SFS ) course candidates will submit one Admission Application Form to the concerned Chairperson of the Department.
3. Print out of Admission Application Form filled in online must be accompanied with online fee receipt of 400/- ( 100/- for SC / BC / SBC / EBP / Blind candidates of Haryana only ) plus Entrance Test Fee ( wherever applicable ) as prescribed in Table-1 against concerned courses.
4. A candidate can apply online for admission to a maximum of four M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Com. courses. Separate Additional Admission Forms are to be submitted with the fee @ 100/- ( 25/- for SC / BC / SBC / EBP / Blind candidates of Haryana ) per Form, for online applying to more than one M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Com. and Evening Certificate / Diploma courses. For all such applications the candidate will need to deposit Entrance Fee (wherever applicable) online for each course separately and submit the print out of Additional Application Form alongwith relevant documents and receipt of Entrance Test Fee as mentioned in Table-1 in the concerned Department / Institute.
5. In case any candidate is found to have supplied false information, certificate, documents etc. or is found to have withheld or concealed some information in his / her Admission Application Form he/she shall be liable to be debarred from admission to the course.
6. If a candidate is admitted on the basis of the information submitted by him / her, which is found to be incorrect or false at a later stage, his / her admission will be cancelled and all fees and other dues paid by him / her shall be forfeited. The University / Institute may also take further action, as deem fit, against the candidate and his / her guardian.
To Know More about KUK University Application Form – Click Here
KUK 2017 Syllabus
- Part – I : Physics ( 1 – 30 Questions ) – 30 Marks
- Part – II : Chemistry ( 31 – 60 Questions ) – 30 Marks
- Part – III : Biology ( Botany & Zoology ) ( 61 – 90 questions ) – 30 Marks i.e. 15 each
To Know More about KUK University Syllabus – Click Here
KUK 2017 Results
To Know More about KUK University Results – Click Here
KUK 2017 Counselling
To Know More about KUK University Counselling – Click Here
KUK 2017 Question Bank
Phone No. : 01744 – 238367,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.kuk.ac.in.