NID Ahmedabad Entrance Exam 2018
National Institute of Design is nationally and internationally acclaimed as one of the finest educational and research institutions for Industrial, Communication, Textile and IT Integrated ( Experiential ) Design.
NID 2018 Entrance Exam
National Institute of Design invites applications for admission to the Professional Education at NID has both Bachelors and Masters Programs – Bachelor of Design ( B.Des. ) of 4 years duration for students after 10+2 or equivalent like AISSCE / IB / ISC, and Master of Design ( M.Des. ) of 2 ½ years for the year 2018 – 2019.
NID B.Des & GDPD 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the B.Des. and GDPD programmes must fulfill the following criteria :
Age Limit :
- Candidates upto 20 years of age on or before 30th June, 2018 are eligible to apply ( Relaxable by three years for candidates belonging to reserved category ).
- Indian nationals applying in the general category and candidates in overseas category born on or before 30th June, 1998 are not eligible.
- Indian nationals in reserved category ( OBC – NCL, SC, ST & PwD ) born on or before 30th June, 1995 are not eligible.
Applications for academic year 2018 – 19 are open to applicants who have passed or will appear for higher secondary ( 10 + 2 ) qualifying examinations in the academic year 2017 – 18 from any recognised board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent.
Examinations considered as equivalent to class XII are :
- Final examination of the 10+2 system under a central or state board recognised by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU, see www.aiuweb.org ).
- Intermediate or two year pre university examination under a board or university recognised by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU, see www.aiuweb.org ).
- Final examination of the two – year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior secondary school examination under the National Institute of Open Schooling, with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any public school, board or university examination completed in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU, see www.aiuweb.org ).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination at the Advanced (A) level taken in London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka.
- High School Certificate Examination from Cambridge University or an International Baccalaureate diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed final examinations for class XII ( or equivalent ) outside India or from a board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ) confirming that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination conducted in India.
NID M.Des 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the M.Des. programme ( any discipline ) must fulfill the following criteria :
Age Limit :
Candidates upto 30 years of age on or before 30th June, 2018 are eligible to apply ( relaxable by three years for candidates belonging to reserved category ).
Indian Nationals in the general category and candidates in overseas category born on or before 30th June, 1988 are not eligible for admission.
Indian Nationals in reserved category ( OBC – NCL, SC, ST & PwD ) born on or before 30th June, 1985 are not eligible for admission.
Applicants must either have appeared for ( results awaited ), passed, or will be appearing for any of the following degree examinations before July 2018 :
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10 + 2 + 4 ( or more ) system, from any university or institute recognised by law in India.
Diploma in design under the 10+2+4 system, from any university or institute recognised by law in India ( OR )
Applicants must either have appeared for ( Results awaited ) or passed, before July 2016, a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10+2+3 system from any university or institute recognised by law in India.
To Know More Details About NID Ahmedabad Entrance Exam 2018 Click Here
NID 2018 Application Form
Visit NID official website www.admissions.nid.edu and follow the steps below :
Step 0 :
Read and familiarise yourself with the eligibility criteria, number of seats, test centres, reservation policy and other relevant information related to admissions to the M.Des., B.Des. and GDPD programmes. All of this information can be found in this Admissions Handbook. Information related to the GDPD programme at NID Vijayawada and NID Kurukshetra is provided in their respective brochure, also available on the website.
Step 1 : Sign up / Registration
- All the candidates are required to register / sign up online before proceeding to fill the application form at http://admissions.nid.edu.
- Please provide a valid email address and an active mobile number while registering, since these contacts will be used for all future communication with the applicant.
- After registration, an email will be sent to the registered email address ( do remember to check your spam or junk folders in case you do not find the email in your inbox ). In case of wrong email address and / or mobile number has been provided during sign up, you are required to register afresh with the correct details.
- Do not delete the email sent to you, as this will be useful for future reference.
- Log in to your account using the email id and date of birth provided during registration.
Step 2 : Fill the Online Application Form
- Log in and proceed to Step 2 – Application Form.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Click ‘Save & Exit’ to complete the form at a later time or date.
- After filling all details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the ‘Upload Document’ section.
Step 3 : Uploading your Documents & signature
- Upload a scanned photograph as per the instructions. All photographs must be in JPG format and under 100 KB in size. It must be a coloured photograph taken at a professional studio. Photographs taken via mobile phone and other kinds of self composed portraits will not be accepted.
- Upload your scanned signature as per the instructions. All signature files must be in JPG format and under 100 KB in size. You should have your signature digitally photographed or scanned and cropped to the required size.
- Candidates applying under the SC and ST categories are required to upload their Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority. The certificate must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
- Candidates applying under the Persons with Disability ( PwD ) category are required to upload their Disability Certificate issued by a competent medical authority as per the guidelines of the Government of India. The certificate must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
- Candidates applying under the Overseas category are required to upload the first and last page of their passport, clearly showing all of their personal information. The document must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
NID 2018 Application Fee Details :
Category – wise Application Fees for Academic Year 2018 – 19 are as under :
|Programme / Category||B.Des and GDPD||M.Des ( 1 discipline only )||M.Des ( 2 Disciplines )|
|OBC - NCL||Rs.2000||Rs.2000||Rs.4000|
|General - PwD||Rs.1000||Rs.1000||Rs.2000|
|OBC - NCL - PwD||Rs.1000||Rs.1000||Rs.2000|
|SC - PwD||Rs.1000||Rs.1000||Rs.2000|
|ST - PwD||Rs.1000||Rs.1000||Rs.2000|
For applications received after 31st October, 2017, the application fees ( including late fees ) applicable will be double the amount indicated above.
Category – wise Application Fees for Academic Year 2018 – 19 are as under :
NID 2018 Entrance Exam Centres
NID Design Aptitude Test will be conducted in the following cities in India :
The DAT Prelims will be conducted in the following cities in India : Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Panjim, Raipur, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram and Vijayawada.
Candidates applying under the Overseas category ( supernumerary ) for M.Des. and B.Des. programmes will be required to appear for their DAT Prelims in person, which will be followed by the DAT Mains, at NID Ahmedabad.
NID reserves the right to add or remove any test centre and allot a test centre that may not be of the candidate’s choice. A city may have more than one test centre. Any request for change of test centre will not be entertained.
To Know More Details About NID Ahmedabad Application Form 2018 Click Here
NID List of Bank Branches 2018
National Institute of Design Bank of India Branches :
|Ahmedabad - Bhadra, Paldi.||Bengaluru - Kempegowda Road.||Bhopal - Marwari Road, Jumerati.||Bhubaneshwar - Janapath.||Chandigarh - Sector 17.|
|Chennai - Errabalu Chetty Street.||Coimbatore - Oppankara Street.||Dehradun - Rajpura Road.||Delhi - Janpath, Hauz Khas.||Durgapur - Nachan Road.|
|Guwahati - Kamarpatty.||Hyderabad - Mampally Station Road.||Indore - Santa Bazar.||Jaipur - Mirza Ismail Road.||Jamshedpur - Bistepur.|
|Kanpur - Mahatma Gandhi Road.||Kochi - Shanmugham Road.||Kolkata - Netaji Subhash Road, Manicktolla.||Kozikode - Silk Street.||Lucknow - Nawal Kshore Road.|
| Mumbai - Nariman Point,|
Dadar Portuguese Church.
|Nagpur - Kingsway.||Panaji - Rua De Ormuz.||Patna - Fraser Road.||Pondicherry - J Nehru Street.|
|Pune - Dr Coyaji Road.||Ranchi - Albert Ekkachowk.||Rohtak - Hissar Road.||Rourkela - Sector 19.||Shillong - Police Bazar.|
|Simla - The Mall||Srinagar - Maulana Azad Road.||Surat - Kanpith, Lal Gate.||Thiruvananthapuram - University.||Udaipur - Nyay Marg.|
|Vadodara - Raopura.|| Vishakhapatnam -|
Valtair Main Road.
To Know More Details About NID Ahmedabad Application Bank Branches 2018 Click Here
National Institute of Design Results 2018
NID Ahmedabad 2018 Exam Date :
National Institute of Design Entrance Exam Result will be conducted on 07th January, 2018
NID Ahmedabad 2018 Result Date :
NID Ahmedabad M.Des 2018 Result will be Released on 13th March, 2018.
NID Ahmedabad B.Des & GDPD Result 2018 will be declared on 15th February, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your NID Ahmedabad Results 2018…
To Know More Details About NID Ahmedabad Results 2018 Click Here
NID 2018 Important Dates
|Accepting Application form online starts||B.Des and GDPD - 25th September, 2017 Monday 1400 hrs|
|M.Des - 23rd September, 2017 Monday 1400 hrs|
|Last date for submitting online application||31st October, 2017 Tuesday 1400 hrs|
|Last date for submitting online application on payment of late fees ( online payment via debit / credit card only )||09th November, 2017 Thursday 1400 hrs|
|Last date for receving printed application forms accompanied with a demand draft ( to be sent via speed post, registered post or courier )||09th November, 2017 Thursday 1600 hrs|
|Window to edit the application forms||From 14th November, 2017 Tuesday 1200 hrs to 16th November, 2017 Thursday 1200 hrs|
|Download Admit cards for DAT Prelim||20th December, 2017 Wednesday 1600 hrs.|
|DAT Prelims Exam (including Overseas candidates )||07th January, 2018 Sunday 1000 hrs to 1300 hrs|
|Answer Key of DAT Prelims part I avaliable online||12th January, 2018 Friday 1100 hrs|
|Window to challenge DAT Prelims Part I answer key (online only)||Form 18th January, 2018 Thrusday 1100 hrs to 19th January, 2018 Friday 1600 hrs|
|Uploading Final answer key of DAT Prelims part I||30th Januaey, 2018 Tuesday|
|DAT Prelim Result||B.Des and GDPD - 13th March, 2018 Tuesday on 1600 hrs.|
|M.Des. - 15th Feburay, 2018 Thursday 1600 hrs|
|Download Admit card for DAT Mains||B.Des and GDPD - 22nd March, 2018 Thursday 1600 hrs|
|M.Des - 27th February, 2018 Tuesday 1600 hrs|
|DAT Mains||B.Des and GDPD and overseas 15th May Tuesday, to 22nd May, 2018 Tuesday|
|M.Des in Ahedabad, Gandhinagar and Bengaluru (including overseas candidates) - 12th March, 2018 Manday to 15th april, 2018 Sunday|
|Merit List||B.Des and GDPD - 31st May, 2018 Thursday 1400 hrs.|
|02nd May, 2018 Wednesday, 1400 hrs|
Contact Details :
National Institute of Design,
Paldi, Ahmedabad – 380 007,
Phone No. : +91 – 79 – 2662 3462,
Fax : +91 – 79 – 2662 1167,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.admissions.nid.edu.