Pondicherry Centralised Admission Committee Entrance Exam – CENTAC 2017
CENTAC invites application for admission to the M.B.B.S, B.A.M.S., B.D.S., B.V.Sc.& A.H., B.Sc.( Nursing ), B.P.T., B.Sc.( MLT ),B.Tech, B.Pharm, B.A., LLB ( Five Years Integrated Course ), LLB ( Three Years Course ) & B.Sc., (Agriculture) & B.Sc., (Horticulture) Degree courses for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
CENTAC admission to the above courses offered by the Colleges run by the societies of the Government and seats offered by Other States is centralised and done by the Centralised Admission Committee – CENTAC, Government of Puducherry.
Admission to the “Government Quota Seats” in Private and Unaided Professional colleges, including the minority Colleges, will be as per the law / regulation / order of Government of India, or of the Government of Puducherry, on the subject. The details regarding the Colleges and the number of seats will be made available at the time of counseling.
Admission to the above degree courses is based on the performance of the candidates in the Higher Secondary or equivalent board examination thereto and as per NEET score for M.B.,B.S., and B.D.S. courses.
Colleges and Degree Courses for CENTAC 2017
Details of courses and number of seats against each College run by the Government/Societies of Government of Puducherry coming under the purview of CENTAC
|S.No||College||Course||Number of Seats|
|1||Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry||M.B.B.S||106|
|2||Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medical College, Mahe||B.A.M.S||42|
|3||Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry||B.D.S||29|
|4||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research Puducherry||B.V.Sc & A.H||30|
|5||Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry||B.Tech||382|
|6||Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Engg., & Tech., Karaikal||B.Tech||153|
|7||Mother Theresa Post Graduate & Research Institute of Health Sciences, Puducherry||B.Sc ( Nursing )||68|
|B.Sc. ( M.L.T )||10|
|8||Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Puducherry||B.A.LL.B (5 Years)||51|
|LL.B (3 Years)||51|
|9||Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru College of Agriculture and|
Research Institute, Karaikal
Note : Subsequent to the publication of admission notification for the academic year 2017-18, if any new college /(s), new course / (s) or change in intake to various existing course/ (s) is / are approved by the Government of Puducherry and /or other statutory bodies, for admission during the academic year 2017 – 2018, candidates who have already applied through CENTAC for admission to Engineering / Pharmacy / Biology based courses and Law courses for 2017-18 within the stipulated time, will be automatically considered for admission to those college/(s), Course/ (s) also.
Duration of the Courses
|1||M.B.B.S.||4½ years + 1 year internship|
|2||B.A.M.S.||4½ years + 1 year internship|
|3||B.D.S.||4 years + 1 year Compulsory internship|
|4||B.V.Sc. & A.H.||4½ years + 6 months internship|
|5||B.P.T.||4 years + 6 months internship|
|6||B.Sc. ( Nursing )||4 years|
|7||B.Sc. ( MLT )||3 years|
CENTAC 2017 Eligibility Criteria
CENTAC admission to any course, the candidate should fulfill the necessary admission requirements for the respective degree courses, as prescribed by the Pondicherry University or concerned deemed universities.
The details are as follows :
A. Minimum Academic CENTAC Qualifications :
1. Biology based Degree Courses :
a) M.B.B.S., B.D.S., B.V.Sc. & A.H., and B.P.T., Degree Courses :
Candidates seeking admission to the M.B.B.S., B.D.S., B.V.Sc., & A.H., B.PT., Degree courses must have passed H.Sc. ( Academic ) examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent therto, with a minimum of 50% marks ( 40% of marks for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / BT / SC candidates ) in aggregate, in the prescribed subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology, Botany and Zoology. Further they should have studied English as one of the subjects and they must have passed the above four subjects indidually.
Eligible under physically challenged for B.A.M.S Degree Course :
(a) The admission on the basis of qualifying examination under clause (1) based on merit, candidate for admission to BAMS course must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained a minimum marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% marks for General and 45% of marks for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / OPH ( General & OBC ) and 40% of marks for SC / BT & OPH.
(b) The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years to study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education.
b) B.Sc., Nursing Degree Course :
Candidates seeking admission to the B.Sc. ( Nursing ) degree course must have passed H.Sc. ( Academic ) examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent examination therto, with a minimum of 45% marks ( 40% marks for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / BT / SC candidates ) in aggregate, in the prescribed subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Botany and Zoology. Further they should have studied English as one of the subjects.
c) B.Sc. ( MLT ) Degree course :
Candidates seeking admission to the B.Sc. ( MLT ) Degree course must have passed H.Sc. ( ACADEMIC / Vocational ) examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamilnadu, or any other equivalent examination accepted by the University thereto, with a minimum of 50% marks ( 40% marks for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / BT / SC – candidates ) in Part – III subjects of Physics, Chemistry & Biology / Botany & Zoology or Physics, foundation science and medical laboratory assistance course and should have studied English as one of the subject.
B.Sc. (Agriculture) & B.Sc. (Horticulture) Degree Courses
H.Sc / Equivalent – Academic Stream
A pass in the Higher Secondary Course (10+2) or any other examination recognized as equivalent there to and fulfilling the following requirements.
Eligible subjects of study in the Qualifying Examination
Candidates who studied any one of the following groups are eligible to apply :
Group -1 : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Group–2 : Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any one of the following subjects as Fourth (elective) subject viz., Biochemistry or Biotechnology or Microbiology or Home Science or Computer Science.
Group-3 : Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology Candidates seeking admission to the B.Sc. ( Agriculture ) & B.Sc.( Horticulture ) degree courses should have passed the H.Sc (Academic) examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu, or any other equivalent examination thereto, with a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / BT / SC – candidates) in aggregate, of all the four subjects.
2. B.Tech Degree Course :
Candidates seeking admission to the B.Tech. degree course should have passed the H.Sc. ( Academic ) examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu, or any other equivalent examination thereto, with a minimum of 45% marks ( 40% marks for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / BT / SC – candidates ) in aggregate, in the prescribed subjects, namely, Mathematics, Physics and any one of the following optional subjects : Chemistry / Bio Technology / Computer Science / Biology ( Botany & Zoology ).
Candidates belonging to UT of Puducherry, and who have passed H.Sc, ( Vocational Stream in the area of Engineering & Technology ) examination, conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary examination of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent examination thereto with a minimum of 45% marks ( 40% marks for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / BT / SC – candidates ) in aggregate, in the prescribed subjects, namely, Vocational subjects ( Theory and Practical ) and a related subject ( Mathematics / Physics / Chemistry ), are also eligible for admission to the B.Tech degree course.
3. B.Pharm Degree Course :
Candidates seeking admission to B.Pharm degree course should have passed the H.Sc. ( Academic ) examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent examination thereto, with a minimum of 45% of marks ( 40% marks OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / BT / SC – candidates ) in any one of the following combination of three subjects. Further, they should have
studied English as one of the subjects.
Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following optional subjects: Biology (Botany & Zoology) / Mathematics /Bio-Technology / Computer Science.
B.A. LL.B (Five years Integrated Regular Course)
Candidates seeking admission to B.A. LL.B degree course should have passed the H.Sc. Examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent examination thereto, with a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate for General / OBC / MBC / BCM / EBC / BT – Candidates ( 40% of marks in aggregate for SC / ST- candidates ).
Note : Candidates who have obtained (10+2) through Open University systems directly without any basic qualification ( passing X Standard in regular stream ) are not eligible for the admission.
LL.B ( Three years Regular Course )
Candidates seeking admission to LL.B degree course should have passed any bachelor degree of any university or its equivalent examination thereto, with a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate for General / OBC / MBC / BCM / EBC / BT – Candidates ( 40% of marks in aggregate for SC / ST- candidates ).
Note : Candidates who have obtained graduation/post graduation through Open University systems directly without any basic qualification are not eligible for the admission.
B. Permitted Number of Appearances in the Qualifying Examination
Maximum number of appearances ( including the first appearance ) permitted to pass the qualifying examination, for admission to various Degree courses, for different categories of candidates are given in the table below :
All appearances are counted form the very first appearance in the qualifying examination.
|B.V.Sc & A.H|
|B.P.T||No Restrictions||No Restrictions|
|B.Sc ( Nursing )|
|B.Sc ( MLT )|
|B.A. LL.B (5 Years)|
|LL.B (3 Years)|
# The marks obtained in the qualifying examination in the relevant science subjects in the FIRST APPEARANCE only will be taken into consideration for the allotment of seats to candidates.
*Candidates (failed in the first appearance) who have passed their qualifying examination in the supplementary examination and submitted the admission application within the time prescribed by CENTAC, should submit their mark sheet of the qualifying examination to CENTAC, within 7 days from the date of publication of results. Admission of such candidates will be based on the merit arrived at, after taking into account the supplementary marks. However, they will be considered for admission only for the available seats at the time of submission of mark sheet of the supplementary examination.
C. Nationality :
A Candidate seeking admission through CENTAC should be an Indian National. However, French Nationals residing in the UT of Puducherry and covered by the terms of the Treaty of Cession shall be treated on par with Indian Nationals, for the purpose of admission to all the courses.
D. Age Limit
Upper Age will be reckoned as on 1st July, 2017 for B.Tech and B.P.T., Degree Course and Lower age limit will be reckoned as on 31st December, 2017 for M.B.B.S., B.A.M.S., B.D.S., B.V.Sc & AH., B.Sc. ( Nursing ), and B.P.T. Degree Course. Lower age limit will be reckoned as on 01st October, 2017 for B.A.M.S.,
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
CENTAC 2017 Age Limit for Various Courses
|Degree||Lower Age Limit||Upper Age Limit|
B.D.S. B.V.Sc. & A.H.
B.Sc. ( Nursing )
|*17 Years ( as on 31st December, 2017 )||Nil|
|B.A.M.S||17 Years ( as on 1st October, 2017 )|
|B.V.Sc.& A.H||17 years ( on or before 31st December, 2017)||25 years ( on or before 31st December, 2017)|
|B.Tech.||Nil||21 years* ( as on 01st July, 2017 )|
|B.P.T||17 years ( as on 31st December, 2017 )||25 years** ( as on 01st July, 2017 )|
B.Sc.( MLT )
|Nil||21 years as on 01st July, 2017( Relaxable upto 4 years for ( SC / ST )|
|B.A.LL.B. (5 Years)||Nil||20 years as on 01st July, 2017 ( Relaxable upto 2 years for ( SC / ST / BT / OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC )|
|LL.B (3 Years)||Nil||30 years as on 01st July, 2017 ( Relaxable upto 5 years for ( SC / ST / BT / OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC )|
*Relaxable up to three years for SC candidates.
** Relaxable up to three years for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / BT candidates and five years forSC candidates.
E. Domicile Criteria for UT of Puducherry
A candidate is considered to belong to the UT of Puducherry, if he / she satisfies at least one of the following domicile criteria :
- The candidates or whose parent ( either mother or father or both) or Guardian ( in the case of children who have lost both the parents ) has been residing continuously in this Union territory for at least five years immediately preceding the date of application.
- Those who have passed SSLC / HSC or any other public examination and for that purpose had undergone academic studies continuously for 5 successive classes immediately preceding the qualifying examination ( including the year of the qualifying examination ) in recognized education institutions (s) located in Puducherry Union Territory and having their residence in the Puducherry Union Territory for 5 years continuously during that period.
- (i) Children whose parents are Central Government Servants, State Government Servants, Defence Personnel, Central Paramilitary Forces, Employees of Public Sector Undertakings wholly or substantially run either by the Central Government or by the Puducherry union Territory administration, posted and serving in the Puducherry Union Territory for at least a minimum continuous period of three years immediately prior to the last date of submission of application. (ii) Children of the above said employees should have studied in the Higher Secondary Course of two years in any of the schools in the U.T. of Puducherry and should have also passed the Higher Secondary Examination from the same school. [G.O. Ms. No. 04, Puducherry, dated 09-02-2016 of the Chief Secretariat, (Hr. & Tech. Edn.)Puducherry].
- Children of Defence Personnel who were killed or disabled in action and who have declared Puducherry as their hometown.
- French Nationals residing in the Puducherry UT and covered by the terms of the “Treaty of Cession” shall be treated on par with the candidates who produce the prescribed Puducherry UT residence certificate. Such French Nationals will not be required to produce residence certificate instead they should produce a certificate of registration issued for this purpose from the French Consulate at Puducherry.
Note : Children of these French Nationals shall not be considered for admission under the quota of nonresidents.
- All the above certificates will be scrutinized first by a committee appointed by the Secretary ( Revenue ), before final merit list is prepared. Tahsildars of various Taluks and Revenue officers will be the members of this committee.
CENTAC 2017 Reservation of Seats
1. UT of Puducherry Candidates in Colleges run by the Societies of Government of Puducherry
Reservations in admission to various degree courses offered by colleges run by the societies of Government of Puducherry for Puducherry UT candidates belonging to different categories are given below. Further SC / BT / EBC / MBC / BCM / OBC candidates are also eligible for selection under Open competition / General category in addition to the reservations made to them.
|S.No.||Categories||Percentage of Reservation|
|2||Other Backward Classes ( OBC )||11|
|3||Backward Classes Muslims ( BCM )||2|
|4||Most Backward Classes ( MBC )||18|
|5||Extreme Backward Classes ( EBC )||2|
|6||Backward Tribes ( BT )||1|
|7||Scheduled Caste ( SC )||16|
|B.||Horizontal Reservation *|
|1||Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighter ( FF )||4|
|2||Physically Challenged ( PH )||3|
|3||Wards of Ex-Servicemen ( EX )||1 and 3 **|
|4||Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports ( SP )||1|
** MBBS 1% and for all the other courses 3% of seats are reserved.
*Horizontal Reservation : Seats reserved / allocated under these categories will become operational, only if the minimum numbers of seats earmarked for each of these categories are not filled up under normal process of selection in any category. Such arrived number of seats against vertical and horizontal reservation.
2. Scheduled Casts Candidates ( SC )
Candidates claiming admission under this category should belong to a caste which is recognized as Scheduled Caste under “the Constitution ( Pondicherry ) Scheduled Castes Order 1964” dated 05.03.1964, read with “The Constitution ( Scheduled Caste ) orders ( Second Amendment ) Act 2002 ( Central Act 61 of 2002 ) and should enclose the required certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue & Disaster Management., Puducherry not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
3. Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) & Most Backward Classes ( MBC ) Candidates
Candidates claiming admission under these categories should enclose the recent OBC / MBC certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
4. Extreme Backward Classes ( EBC ) & Backward Classes Muslims ( BCM ) and Backward Tribes ( BT ) Candidates
Candidates claiming admission under these categories should enclose the recent EBC / BCM / BT certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
5. Freedom Fighter Category ( FF )
Candidates claiming admission under this category should be Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighters and they should enclose the necessary certificate issued by the Officer-incharge, Fighter Cell, Government of Puducherry.
6. Wards of Ex-service Men
Those who are registered as Ex-servicemen in the Department of Sainik Welfare (DSW), Govt. of Puducherry and have got Ex-servicemen/Widow of Ex-servicemen identity card from DSW should enclose the necessary certificate issued by the Director, DSW, Puducherry.
7. Physically Challenged Category ( PH – Differently Abled )
The Candidates seeking admission under this category should produce a full size photograph exhibiting the deformity.
CENTAC Application Form 2017
Submission of application forms through online process only
1. CENTAC online application forms for admission along with information Bulletin 2016 can be downloaded from CENTAC website www.centaconline.in from 12th May, 2017 onwards. The last date for applying through online is 25th May, 2017.
2. The Print out of the online application shall be sent by post/courier or can be submitted in person to the following address :
CENTAC office PEC Campus,
Puducherry – 605 014.
Along with the online payment receipt.
CENTAC Application Fee 2017
- CENTAC Online application fee for one course 600/- ( for SC / BT 300/- ) for two courses is 900/- ( for SC / BT 450/- ) and three courses is 1200/- ( for SC / BT 600/- ) and for four courses is 1500/- ( for SC / BT 750/-) For example (1) Engineering only 600/- (2) Engineering and Biology Based courses `900/- (3) Engineering, Biology Based courses and
B.Pharm 1200/-, (4) Engineering, Biology Based degree courses, B.Pharm. and B.A. LLB., (Five years Integrated Course), 1500/- ( Through any Debit / credit card using on-line gateway payment facility or Net banking ).
- Online application fee for B.Sc. ( Agriculture & Horticulture ) ( Four years course ) 600/- ( for SC / ST / BT 300/-) ( Through any Debit / credit card using on-line gateway payment facility or Net banking)
- Online application fee for LLB ( Three years course ) 600/- ( for SC / ST / BT 300/-)
( Through any Debit/credit card using on-line gateway payment facility or Net banking )
CENTAC 2017 Application Form Procedure
1. The last date for the receipt of the print – out of CENTAC online application is 30th May, 2017.
2. In case of delay in the declaration of qualifying examination results i.e. after 25th May, 2017 by any H.Sc. Board, the candidates from the Board should not wait for the result, but submit the admission applications at CENTAC office on or before the last date ( i.e., 30th May, 2017 ).
3. However such candidates shall submit the attested copies of the mark sheet ( Application number being duly written on the right side top of the certificate copy ) of the qualifying examination so as to reach the CENTAC office within 7 days from the date of declaration of qualifying exam results or 7th June, 2017 at 5.00 P.M. Whichever is earlier.
4. Candidates who have not received the plus two mark statement from the Board may enclose the printed version of the online mark statement duly attested by the Head / Authorized person of the respective Institution.
5. Applications submitted / received after the prescribed last date and time will summarily be rejected.
6. CENTAC 2017 Application and all its enclosures can be stapled or tagged together, but should not be stapled but should be kept tagged separately and sent along with the application.
7. Candidates applying for more than one course have to submit the respective APPLICATION FORMS ( namely Biology, Engineering, Pharmacy, Agriculture and Law ).
8. Candidates claiming for seats under sports quota are instructed to fill up the Sports proforma which can be downloaded from CENTAC website and send it along with the application together with supporting documents.
9. All the certificates ( to be submitted by the candidates along with the filled in online application ) should be only in the formats provided in Information Bulletin or the format issued by the respective authorities, Candidates claiming seats under regional allocation may download the formats available in the Information Bulletin. Overwriting in certificates will not be accepted.
10. Options once exercised with regard to course / community / region / special category shall not be changed under any circumstances.
12. The certificates of Nationality, Community, Residence, income, Nativity, Service, Home town declaration, Regional Reservation / Special allocation claim need to be obtained from the respective competent authorities in the prescribed formats ( Recently obtained and valid Certificates only will be considered ). Candidates claiming admission under special regional allocation should obtain necessary certificates from the competent authorities in the format prescribed.
13. Original certificates should not be enclosed along with the application form. Only attested copies of the certificates ( Write the application number on the right side top of all the certificates ) need to be enclosed with the application form. At the time of certificate verification all the original certificates need to be produced for verification.
14. CENTAC 2017 Applications which are incomplete, defective will summarily be rejected and no correspondences shall be entertained in this regard.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
CENTAC 2017 Counselling
CENTAC 2017 Online Counseling Procedure
The students should refer the CENTAC website www.centaconline.in for merit list for all the courses. If there are any corrections in the Name, Date of Birth, Marks in the concerned subjects, Categories, Special categories, Regional Claim and their merit marks they should report to the CENTAC office within two days with all original certificates related to his / her demand.
From the academic year [2017-18], CENTAC is adopting Choice Based Seat Allocation Procedure. Dates for the counseling will be sent through SMS, E-mail, & and updated in the CENTAC website apart from publishing the same in the public media by way of press releases. .
Candidates can login to the CENTAC website only by paying the admission processing fees
through online payment (Credit cards/Debit cards/NEFT) as part of the admission procedures.
Candidates must enter their options ( unlimited options are provided ) for the courses and college ( Biology based Degree courses / B.Tech Degree and B.Pharm Degree Courses ) as per their wish. Then only they should log out of the website.
After a week’s gap CENTAC will publish selection list on the website and provisional allotment will be posted on the CENTAC website and the same may be downloaded from the CENTAC website. ( Intimation will be sent through SMS / Email )
After downloading the Provisional Allotment Order the candidates should report to the allotted college within the specified duration. If not reported in the given time, provisional allotment will be cancelled automatically.
Similar procedure will be followed for the Second and Third round of counseling. Candidates are asked to visit the CENTAC website frequently.
CENTAC 2017 Counselling Venue :
CENTAC Counselling for the given degree courses will be conducted at the following address :
The CENTAC Office,
Chemical Engineering Block,
Pondicherry Engineering College ( PEC ),
Pillaichavady, Puducherry – 605 014.
CENTAC 2017 Counseling Fee
Candidates can login to the CENTAC website only by paying the admission processing fees through online payment ( Credit cards / Debit cards / NEFT ) as part of the admission procedures. A fee of 750/- ( 350/- for SC / BT) will be collected from each candidate, which is a non-refundable fee, irrespective of the outcome of counseling.
CENTAC 2017 Counselling Date and Time
Candidates will be called for CENTAC counselling as per their order of merit in each course. Candidates to be called for counselling will be intimated through call letters or a public notification in local newspapers and in the official of CENTAC website www.centacprof.net.in. No change of date / time of counselling is permissible. CENTAC will not be responsible for postal delay, if any, and non – delivery of counselling / intimation letters whatever may be the reason ( s ) thereto.
Important Particulars pertaining to CENTAC Counselling
Candidates, who do not attend the CENTAC counselling on the specified date and time, have to forego their claim for admission. However, due to unforeseen circumstances and unavoidable reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time ( duly informed to CENTAC either by SMS or otherwise ), he / she can attend on a subsequent date and time during the counselling period for the course, with prior permission of “The Convenor, CENTAC”. But, the candidate can only opt for the seat available at that time and cannot claim any seat as per his / her original rank for the course. In any case, CENTAC counselling will not be done in the absence of candidates.
If the revaluation / re – totaling marks are submitted by the candidate after the commencement of CENTAC counselling, the actual seats available at the time of counselling will be made available to such candidates. However due weightage will be given to the revaluation / re – totaling marks.
Unfilled seats and vacancies, arising out of the dropouts of already admitted candidates or due to the introduction of new courses or inclusion of new institutions, will be filled – up during the subsequent counselings. Details of such vacancies will be notified in newspapers and will also be made available in the official web site of CENTAC and such information will also be updated periodically.
Individual intimation will not be sent to candidates for CENTAC Counselling of seats arising due to vacancies for the reasons mentioned above. These vacancies “shall be open” to all candidates who have applied for admission through CENTAC, including the candidates already admitted during earlier counselling. In the Final counseling the unfilled seats of different / reserved categories are filled under the same category of UT of Puducherry and at the end all the vacant seats are filled under the General category of UT of Puducherry.
Important Note :
Candidates admitted into any college / course during their subsequent CENTAC 2016 Counselling, shall join that college / course on or before the last date prescribed by the respective colleges. Failure to do so will make them liable to forfeit both the newly allotted seats and the seats in which they had been admitted during the earlier counseling. The candidate shall be personally liable for such lapses.
No communication shall be sent to candidates who are not eligible to be called for CENTAC 2016 Counselling and no further correspondence in this regard will also be entertained.
Due to unforeseen and unavoidable reasons if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he / she can authorize his / her parent / guardian on his / her behalf with suitable evidence and the parent’s / Guardian’s decision will be binding on the candidate.
Eligible candidates who have applied may appear for counselling according to their cutoff mark, two hours before the counselling session along with their original certificates for verification irrespective of receipt of individual communication.
Important Particulars pertaining to Counseling
Candidates called for counseling shall be required to submit all the documents in original for verification at the time of counseling. Candidates, who fail to produce the required documents in original, shall not be counseled. However, if a candidate has deposited all or the required original certificates, with an institution where he / she has already been admitted, a letter to that effect issued by the Head of that Institution should be produced. Only in that case, attested / true copy of the relevant certificates will be accepted for verification and CENTAC 2016 Counselling of candidates. The original documents submitted by the candidates to be admitted, shall be returned only after obtaining recognition from the respective Universities and hence the candidates are advised to take enough number of photocopies of the documents, before submitting the originals for verification during counseling and subsequently for admission to the courses.
To know more about Counselling Click Here
CENTAC 2017 Results
Centralised Admission Committee conduct CENTAC for admission to first year M.B.B.S., B.A.M.S., B.D.S., B.V.Sc. & A.H., B.P.T., B.Sc. ( Nursing )., B.Sc. ( MLT )., B.Tech., & B.Pharm results has been declared
To know more about Results Click Here
CENTAC 2017 Important Dates
|1||Online application submission opens on||5th May, 2017|
|2||Last date for submission of online application form||30th May, 2017|
|3||last date for receipt of online application by post||5th June, 2017|
Government of Puducherry
Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC)
Pondicherry Engineering College Campus,
Puducherry – 605014
TelePhone No : (0413)2655281 to 2655287 (Ext. 342 / 343),
Fax No : (0413)2655571
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
website : www.centaconline.in, http://centacprof.net.in