Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Mathematics Syllabus 2014
Jammu Kashmir BPEE Common Entrance Test 2014 Mathematics Syllabus – Page 2
1) Unit – 1 : Sets, Relations and Functions – Marks : 07
Sets and their representation, finite and infinite sets, empty set subsets, subset of real numbers especially intervals, power set, universal set. Venn diagram, union and intersection of sets. Difference of sets, Compliment of a set. Ordered pairs, Cartesian product of sets, number of elements in the Cartesian product of two finite sets. Cartesian product of real with itself ( upto RxRxR ). Relation, Domain, co- domain and range of relation, types of relations, reflexive, symmetric, transitive and equivalence relations.
Function as special kind of relation from one set to another, domain, co-domain and range of a function. One to one, onto functions. Real valued functions of the real variable, constant identity, polynomial, rational modulus signum and greatest integer functions with their graph. Sum, difference, product and quotients of functions. Composite of functions, inverse of a function, binary operations.
Unit II : Complex Number; Linear Inequation; Linear Prog – Marks : 08
1) Complex Number : Conjugate of a complex number, modulus and amplitude ( argument ) of a complex number, Argand‘s plane and polar representation of complex numbers, algebraic properties of complex numbers. Fundamental theorem of algebra, solution of Quadratic equation in the complex number system. Square root of a complex number.
2) Linear Inequation : Algebraic solution of linear inequalities in one variable and their representation on the number line. Graphical solution of linear inequalities of two variables.
3) Linear Programming : Introduction, definition of related terminology such as constraints, objective function, optimization, different type of linear programming problem ( L.P ), mathematical formulation of L.P problem, graphical method of solution for problems in two variables, feasible and infeasible regions, feasible and infeasible solutions, optimal feasible solutions ( up to three non – trivial constraints ).
Unit III : Sequence and Series, Permutation and Combination – Marks : 08
1) Sequence and Series : Arithmetic progression ( A.P ), arithmetic mean ( A.M. ), nth term, sum to n-terms of an A.P, Geometric progression ( G.P. ), Geometric Mean ( G.M. ), nth term, sum to n-terms and sum to infinity of a G.P. Relation between A.M and G.M. Sum to n terms of Σn, Σn2, Σn3
2) Permutation and combination : Fundamental principle of counting, factorial n., permutations P(n,r) and combinations C(n,r), derivation of formulae and their connections, simple applications. Mathematical Induction and Binomial Theorem: The principle of mathematical induction and simple applications. Binomial theorem, statement and proof of Binomial theorem for positive integral power. Pascal‘s triangle, general and middle terms in the Binomial expansion, simple application.
Unit IV : Trogonometric and Inverse Trigonometry Functions – Marks : 07
Positive and negative angles, measuring angles in radians and in degrees, Conversion from one measure to another. Definition of trigonometric functions with the help of unit circle, identity sin2 x+cos2 x=1 for all Sign of x, Trigonometric functions and their graphs. Expression of sin2x + cos2x=1 for all Sign of x, Trigonometric functions and their graphs. Expression of sin (x±y), and Cos x and cos (x±y). in terms of Sin x, Sin y, Cos x and Cos y.
Identities related to Sin2x, Cos2x, tan2x, Sin3x, Cos3x, and tan3x. General solution of trigonometric equations of the type Sin, Cos. Sine and Cosine formulae and their simple applications.
Inverse trigonometric functions, defunction, range, domain, principal value branches. Graphs of inverse trigonometric functions, elementary properties of inverse trigonometric functions.
Unit V : Matrices and Determinants – Marks : 05
Matrices, concepts, notation, order, equality, types of matrices, Zero matrix, transpose of matrix, Symmetric and skew symmetric matrices. Addition, multiplication, scaler multiplication of matrices, simple properties of addition, multiplication and scaler multiplication of matrices. Non – cummulative of multiplication of matrices and existence of non – zero matrices whose product is the zero matrix ( order 2×2 ). Concept of elementary row and column operation, Invertible matrices and uniqueness of inverse, if it exists. ( Matrices with real entries ).
Determinants of square matrix ( upto 3×3 matrices ) properties of determinants, minors, cofactors and applications of determinants in finding area of a triangle. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix. Consistency, inconsistency and number of solutions of system of linear equations by examples, solving system of linear equations in two or three variables using inverse of a matrix. Crammer‘s Rule and its applications.
CET 2014 Navigation : Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Biology Syllabus 2014, BPEE CET BEd Results 2014 , BPEE PG CET 2014 Counselling , BPEE PG CET 2014 Results , BPEE CET PG 2014 Exam Pattern , BPEE CET PG 2014 Reservation of Seats , BPEE PG CET 2014 Application Form , BOPEE CET Syllabus 2014, Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Mathematics - 2 Syllabus 2014, Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Zoology Syllabus, Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Botany Syllabus, Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Chemistry - 2 Syllabus 2014, Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Chemistry - 1 Syllabus 2014, Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Physics Syllabus 2014, Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Mathematics - 1 Syllabus 2014, BPEE CET PG 2014 Entrance Exam , BPEE CET BEd Entrance Exam 2014, BOPEE CET Entrance Exam 2014, BPEE CET Preparation Question Bank CD
CET Related : J&K BPEE CET 2014 Syllabus in Mathematics, BPEE CET 2014 Maths Syllabus, BPEE Common Entrance Test Syllabus 2014, Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Mathematics Syllabus 2014, J&K BPEE CET 2014 Detailed Syllabus, BPEE CET 2014 Syllabus Curriculam, J&K BOPEE CET 2014 Mathematics Syllabus, BPEE CET 2014 Exam Syllabus, Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET 2014 Syllabus PDF, J&K BPEE CET 2014 Test Syllabus, Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET 2014 Entrance Syllabus, Maths Syllabus for J&K BPEE CET 2014, J&K BPEE CET 2014 Entrance Exam Syllabus, BPEE CET 2014 Entrance Test Syllabus, J&K BPEE CET 2014 Syllabus Download, BOPEE CET 2014 Syllabus Information, J&K BPEE Common Entrance Test 2014 Study Material, BOPEE CET 2014 Syllabus Portion, BPEE CET 2014 Mathematics Programs Syllabus, J&K BPEE CET 2014 PG Programs Syllabus, BPEE CET 2014 Syllabus for Maths Admission, Syllabus for BPEE Common Entrance Test 2014, BOPEE CET 2014 Syllabus Forms ,
Jammu Kashmir BPEE CET Mathematics Syllabus 2014
Posted In entrance exam : cet : Leave a response for jammu kashmir bpee cet mathematics syllabus 2014 by amala