Himachal Pradesh Nursing Entrance Exam 2018
Post Basic BSc Nursing
HPU Post Basic Nursing Entrance Exam 2018
Himachal Pradesh University, invites applications for Admission to 2 years Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course ( Female Candidates Only ) in Government / Private Nursing Colleges in Himachal Pradesh through Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test – 2018 for the academic Session 2018 – 2019.
HPU Post Basic Nursing Eligibility Criteria 2018
Admission to Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree course shall be made on the basis of merit of the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University Shimla for which the female candidates only are eligible subject to fulfillment of the following conditions
- The candidates should be registered as registered Nurse / Midwife ( RN / RM ) with H.P. State Nurses Registration Council, Shimla at the time of counseling. Provided further that the candidates belonging to another states of the country should be registered in their respective State Nurses Registration Council and at the time of Counseling, they must produced NOC for pursuing their higher studies outside the state from the Regsitrar of the concerned State Registration Council.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 and its equivalent examination from recognized Board / University established by Law in India with minimum 40% aggregate marks. For SC / ST / OBC candidates the required percentage of aggregate marks will be 35%
- The candidate must have obtained 50% marks in General Nursing & Midwifery from the School / Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council / Himachal Pradesh Nurses Registration Council.
- The distribution of seats between In-Service and Direct candidates will be made in the ratio of 70:30. However, 200 point vertical reservation roster will be applied afresh for distribution of seats among General, SC, ST and OBC categories and no horizontal reservation roster will be applied.
HPU Post Basic Nursing Exam Centres 2018
The admission to the Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course shall be on the basis of a Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University at Shimla examination centre only on the date notified in the prospectus. The name and address of the examination centre will be communicated on the admit cards to be uploaded on the website by the University for appearing in the Entrance Test. Examination Centre once allotted to the candidate will not be changed. However, University reserves the right to allot any centre in view of exigencies.
HPU Post Basic Nursing Syllabus & Pattern 2018
HPU Post Basic Nursing examination shall consists of one written paper only in the subjects mentioned hereunder in accordance with the syllabi of GNM studies. The medium of examination shall be English. The question paper will be objective ( MCQ ) type.
There will be only 4 ( Four ) options in each question i.e. A, B, C & D. Out of which one of the option will be the correct. Total questions will be 150 ( one hundred fifty ). Each question will carry 1 ( one ) mark. The duration of the Entrance Test will be 2 ( two ) hours. There will be No Negative Marking for a wrong answer. The written test is of objective type and in English language on the following subjects as given below
|Sr.No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|(i)||Fundamentals of Nursing||20||1 each(20)|
|(ii)||Medical surgical Nursing||20||1 each(20)|
|(iii)||Psychiatric Nursing||20||1 each(20)|
|(iv)||Paediatrics Nursing||20||1 each(20)|
|(v)||Midwifery & Gynaecology||20||1 each(20)|
|(vi)||Community Health Nursing||20||1 each(20)|
|Anatomy & Physiology||10||1 each (10)|
|General Knowledge||5||1 each(5)|
|Total questions and marks||150||150|
HPU Post Basic Nursing Selection Process 2018
The selection of the candidates for Post -Basic B.Sc. Nursing course will be on the basis of the merit of the HPU entrance test. The minimum marks required for the selection will be 50% for candidates belonging to General category, 40% for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe /OBC and 45% for General Physical Handicapped categories candidates.
HPU Post Basic Nursing Application Form 2018
- For General / OBC / OBC-PH Categories : 2000/-
- For SC / ST Categories : 1000/-
Procedure For Submission of Online Application Form
- Click on “Under Graduate” to access the list of programs.
- Before clicking on the programme please click on the instructions for filling online application form, a pdf file will be open kindly read carefully.
- Click on the program name for which you are willing to apply i.e. “Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing’.
- After clicking on the programme a pop up will be open for terms and conditions.
- Kindly check the terms and conditions. After that you will be redirected to personal information page.
- Online Entrance Application form has the following subsequent information:
a) Personal Information
b) Education and Document Details
c) Application Summary
e) Submit application form.
- Please fill the personal information first. After filling up the personal information click on save button at the last of the page. System will generate the Unique Registration number along with password and the same will be send on the registered e-mail and on registered mobile number. Applicants are advice to note the same.
- After that you can continue and fill other required information ( steps b to e ) point 6 ( see above ) or logout from the application and login again with unique registration number and password to complete the application form.
- Applicants are required to fill their information in above mentioned web pages. All mandatory fields are marked with red star.
- After registration ( filling up personal information-Receiving of unique Registration number and password ), Click on “Under-Graduate” on the home page and Click on “Click here for Student Login”.
- Login with unique registration number along with password and you will get all the earlier submitted information in personal information page, now you have to complete the steps ( b to e ) of point 6 ( see above ).
- Candidates are required to fill all information required in different sections like Education and document details.
- Fill up the educational details and upload the related documents. Uploaded Photo and Signature should be as per specifications, kindly refer to section (A) at the starting of the document.
- To save the data please click on ‘Continue and Save’ button at the bottom of each screen
- Steps for making Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test Application fees payment.
- Failure to complete any of the step of online application form and payment of fee as per requirement of online process, final submission of online application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful all modes of payment.
- Generation of confirmation page confirms the correctness and final submission of application form. If confirmation page has not been generated, this means that application has not submitted successfully.
To know more about HPU Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission Click Here
HPU Post Basic Nursing Result 2018
Himachal Pradesh University Post Basic Nursing entrance exam result will be declared on 27th July, 2018 and the merit list will be issue on 30th July, 2018
To know more about HPU Post Basic BSc Nursing Results Click Here
HPU Post Basic Nursing Important Dates 2018
|1.||Schedule for filling up online Application Form||28th May, 2018 to 26th June, 2018|
|2.||Tentative date of uploading of Admit Cards on the|
University website www.hpuniv.nic.in &
www.admissions.hpushimla.in :(Note: No separate Admit cards shall be sent by post by the University)
|07th July, 2018|
|3.||Date of HPU Post Basic Nursing Entrance Test||15th July, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|4.||Dates for displaying the Key Answers on the University website and receiving objections from the candidates||19th July, 2018 to 21st July, 2018|
|5.||Tentative date of declaration of result||27th July, 2018|
|6.||Date of issuance of merit list||30th July, 2018|
|7.||Date of Ist Round of Counselling at H.P. University, Auditorium, Summer Hill, Shimla-5 ( as per Schedule given in the Prospectus)|
Note : No separate call letters will be sent to the qualified candidates for attending the counseling.
|To be notified with the Merit List|
|8.||Date for joining the allotted college & course||To be intimated on the admission letter during the counseling.|
|9.||Date of 2nd round of counseling at H.P. University, Auditorium, Summer Hill, Shimla-5 as per Schedule given in the prospectus.|
Note : No separate call letters will be sent to the qualified candidates for attending the counseling
|To be notified separately during the Ist round of counseling|
|10.||Date of joining the allotted college & course||To be intimated on the admission letter during the counseling.|
|11.||Commencement of Academic Session||01st October, 2018|
|12.||Last date upto which the candidates can be admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason.||31st October, 2018|
|13.||Time schedule for entrance examination|
(a) Centre of examination
(b) Entry in the examination hall
(c) Distribution of question booklet and answer sheet
(d) Test commencement
(e)Latest entry in the examination Hall
|As indicated on the Admit Card
HPU Contact Address
Himachal Pradesh University,
Gyan Path, Summerhill,
Phone : 0177-2830911, 2833551,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.hpuniv.in.
Himachal Pradesh Bsc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018
Himachal Pradesh University, invites applications for Admission to 4 years B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course in Government / Private Nursing Colleges in Himachal Pradesh through B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test – 2018 ( Female Candidates Only ) for the Session 2018 – 19.
HPU BSc Nursing Eligibility
1. (i) Female Children of Bonafide Himachali / Domicile / Himachal Govt. employees and employees of Autonomous bodies wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Government will only be eligible to apply for admission to 4 years B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course through Entrance Test to be conducted by H.P. University, Shimla in Sister Nivedita Govt. College of Nursing, IGMC, Shimla and Private un-aided B.Sc. Nursing Colleges / Institutions situated in the State of Himachal Pradesh.
(ii) For filling up of 50 % Management Quota Seats in Private un-aided B.Sc. Nursing Colleges in State of Himachal Pradesh, there will be no domicile requirement. Under this quota, both Himachali and Non-Himachali interested candidates can compete in the entrance test subject to fulfillment of minimum educational qualification and age etc. as prescribed in the prospectus.
Note : The above candidates should be Indian National.
2. The age of the candidates should be between 17 to 35 years as on 31st December, 2018 i.e. the candidate should be born between 01.01.1984 and 1.1.2002. However, upper age can be relaxable by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates i.e. the candidate must born between 1.1.1979 and 1.1.2002. Age as recorded in the matriculation certificate will be entertained.
3. HPU BSc Nursing Admission to married candidates will be allowed subject to production of medical fitness certificate.
4. A candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from H.P. Board of School Education/ AISSCE / CBSE / ICSE / SSCE / HSCE or any other Board / University established by law in India in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually with 45% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination. The candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC, the marks obtained in Physics , Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination will be 40% instead of 45% as stated above. Provided further that English is a compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for admission to B.Sc. ( Nursing ) course. The candidate should be medically fit.
5. The candidates who appeared in 10+2 examination and their result are not yet been declared may also apply for this test, but their admission will be made, if they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria as prescribed in the prospectus at the time of Ist round of counselling.
(i) The candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination from National Institute of Open School or appeared in 10+2 examination Science ( Medical ) conducted by National Institute of Open School can also apply to this test.
(ii) The above qualifications will only determine the eligibility of a candidate for admission, but the actual basis of admission shall be on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate(s) in the Entrance Test.
The minimum qualifying marks of the entrance test for admission to B.Sc. Nursing degree course shall be 45% for General & its sub-categories, and 40% for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes & their sub-categories and Physically Handicapped candidates.
HPU BSc Nursing Syllabus & Pattern
The HPU BSc Nursing Entrance Test shall consists of one written paper only in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry ( including Organic Chemistry ), Biology and English ( including General Knowledge / current affairs ) in accordance with the syllabi of studies based on NCERT books of the academic session according to which the 10+2 ( includes 11th and 12th classes ) examination was conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education in the year of the Entrance Test.
The medium of HPU BSc Nursing entrance exam shall be English. The HPU BSc Nursing question paper will have 100 ( One Hundred ) MCQ objective type questions of one mark each. Each question have four options i.e. A, B, C & D. Out of which only one will be the correct option. The duration of HPU BSc Nursing Entrance Test will be 2 hours. There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers. The question paper will be in English language only of the following subjects
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Knowledge / Current Affairs||10||10|
|(The syllabi will be of 10+2 standard)|
HPU BSc Nursing Exam Center
The candidate should fill the name of one Examination Centre where she wants to appear in the HPU BSc Nursing Entrance Test. The details of the HPU BSc Nursing Examination Centres are as under
|Sr. No.||Name of Examination Centre|
Examination centre once opted by the candidate shall not be changed under any circumstances.
HPU BSc Nursing Admit Card
The University will provide the facility of downloading the Admit Cards for appearing to B.Sc. (Nursing) Entrance Test-2018 on the University website www.hpuniv.nic.in.& www.admissions.hpushimla.in. The candidates are required to download the Admit cards from the website by following the instructions/schedule given therein. The candidate may please note that Admit cards will not be sent by post. The Admit cards uploaded on website will be provisional and does not entail the eligibility of the candidate for admission to the course. The Admit Card will bear the Roll Number, Name, Father’s Name,Category, Photograph, Date, Time, Venue of Entrance Test. The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card downloaded by her for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should immediately inform the University. In such cases, candidates would appear in the examination with the already downloaded Admit Card. However, the University will take necessary action to make correction of factual error in the record later. No candidate will be allowed to sit in the test without having Admit Card and the University will not be responsible on this account. The candidates are advised to preserve their Admit cards in good condition till the admission process in the B.Sc Nursing course is over.
HPU BSc Nursing Application Form
HPU BSc Nursing Entrance Test Fee
- For General / OBC& their Sub-Categories : 1400/-
- For Antyodaya / IRDP Categories : . 700/-
- For SC / ST & their Sub- Categories : 700/-
Modes of payment
- Net Banking
- Card Payment (By Using Debit/Credit Card of any bank)
- Other Payment modes in which Challan is generated and the applicant has to take the print out of that Challan to the nearest SBI Branch for depositing the Cash.
In case of Net Banking and Card Payment, e-receipt will be generated.
Take the print out of the computer generated confirmation copy of the HPU BSc Nursing application form and attach the copy of the fee receipt and write the following address with the quote “Application form for B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test-2018” on any good quality envelope and then send it by post, so as to reach on or before the prescribed date to
The Assistant Registrar ( Entrance Tests )
Room No. 10 Admn. Block,
Ground Floor, H.P. University,
Summer Hill, Shimla–171 005 (H.P.).
Alternatively, it can be submitted in person in the office of the Assistant Registrar (Entrance Tests) as mentioned above.
To know more about HPU BSc Nursing Admission Click Here
HPU BSc Nursing Results
Thereafter, before declaration of the result, the key answers will be displayed on the University website www.hpuniv.in w.e.f. 13th July, 2018 to 16th July, 2018.
The result of all the candidates appeared in the HPU BSc Nursing entrance test will be declared and made available on the website of the University. No detail marks cards will be sent to the candidates. The candidates may see their marks on the University Website www.hpuniv.in. No separate intimation will be given to the candidates in this regard. There will be no re-checking/re-evaluation of the Answer-Sheet.
HPU BSc Nursing Counselling
The HPU BSc Nursing counselling for all the qualified candidates will be held as per following schedule in the H.P. University Auditorium, Shimla-171005 in accordance with the category-wise merit list notified by the University. List of such candidates will be made available on the University website www.hpuniv.in tentatively on July, 2018.
Venue : H.P. University Auditorium Summer Hill, Shimla-5
|(a)Schedule For First Round Of Counselling|
|Date & Time||Name of Categories||Merit Ranks of Entrance Test 2017|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||1 to 150|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||151 to 350|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||351 to 600|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||601 to 900|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||901 to 1200|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||1201 onwards up to the last rank of General Combined merit of all categories.|
|(b) Scheduled For Second Round Of Counselling|
|Date & Time|
|The following candidates should be appeared in the 2nd round of Counseling for seeking admission to B.Sc. Nursing course against vacant seats in order of merit under State Quota in Govt./ Private Nursing Colleges:-
(i) All those candidates who had attended the Ist round of counseling, but not allotted seats due to non-availability of seats in any Nursing College under State Quota.
(ii) All those Candidates who had allotted seats under Management Quota during Ist round of counselling due to non-availability of State Quota seats in private nursing colleges.
(iii) Those candidates who had allotted seats in private nursing colleges under State Quota or those candidates who opted Govt. Nursing College only during the Ist round of counselling due to non-availability of seats in Govt. College, IGMC, Shimla. ( Number of candidates to be called will depending upon the vacant seats )
To know more about HPU BSc Nursing Results Click Here
HPU BSc Nursing Important Dates
|1.||Schedule for filling up online Application Form with final transaction of fee||23rd May, 2018 to 18th June, 2018|
|2.||Date of uploading Admit Cards on the University Website.|
( Note: No separate Admit Cards shall be sent by the University )
|26th June, 2018|
|3.||Date of Entrance Test.||08th July, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|4.||Dates for displaying the Key Answers on the University website and receiving of the objections from the candidates.||13th July, 2018 to 16th July, 2018|
|5.||Tentative date of declaration of result.||27th July, 2018|
|6.||Tentative date of issuance of merit list.||24th July, 2018|
|7.||Dates for Ist Round of Counselling at H.P. University Auditorium, Summer Hill, Shimla-5 as per schedule given in the Prospectus.|
Note : No separate call letters will be sent to the qualified candidates for attending the counselling
|To be notified with the merit list.|
|8.||Date for joining the allotted college & course.||To be intimated on the admission letter during the counseling.|
|9.||Date of 2nd Round of Counselling for filling up vacant seats in Govt. / Pvt. B.Sc. Nursing Colleges from the waiting list at the H.P. University Auditorium Summer Hill, Shimla-5 as per list of the candidates uploaded on the University website.|
Note : No separate call letters will be sent to the waiting candidates for attending the 2nd round counselling
|To be notified separately during the Ist round of Counseling|
|10.||Date for joining the allotted college & course||To be intimated on the admission letter|
|11.||Commencement of Academic Session.||01st October, 2018|
|12.||Last date up to which the candidates can be admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason.||31st October, 2018|
|13.||Time schedule for entrance examination|
|a. Centre of examination||As indicated on the Admit Card|
|b. Entry in the examination hall||10:30 a.m.|
|c. Distribution of question booklet and answer sheet||10:50 a.m.|
|d. Test commencement||11:00 a.m.|
|e, Entry in the examination hall by||11:30 a.m.|
|f. Test conclusion||1:00 p.m.|
HPU Contact Address
Himachal Pradesh University,
Gyan Path, Summerhill,
Phone : 0177-2830911, 2833551,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.hpuniv.in.
|HPU BSc Nursing Application Form : http://www.admissions.hpushimla.in/|