Himachal PradeshUniversity BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2021
Himachal Pradesh University, invites applications for Admission to 4 years B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course in Government / Private Nursing Colleges in Himachal Pradesh through B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test – 2021 ( Female Candidates Only ) for the Session 2021 – 22.
HPU BSc Nursing Eligibility
1. (i) Female Children of Bonafide Himachali / Domicile / Himachal Govt. employees and employees of Autonomous bodies wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Government will only be eligible to apply for admission to 4 years B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course through Entrance Test to be conducted by H.P. University, Shimla in Sister Nivedita Govt. College of Nursing, IGMC, Shimla and Private un-aided B.Sc. Nursing Colleges / Institutions situated in the State of Himachal Pradesh.
(ii) For filling up of 50 % Management Quota Seats in Private un-aided B.Sc. Nursing Colleges in State of Himachal Pradesh, there will be no domicile requirement. Under this quota, both Himachali and Non-Himachali interested candidates can compete in the entrance test subject to fulfillment of minimum educational qualification and age etc. as prescribed in the prospectus.
Note : The above candidates should be Indian National.
2. The age of the candidates should be between 17 to 35 years as on 31st December, 2021 i.e. the candidate should be born between 01.01.1983 and 1.1.2001. However, upper age can be relaxable by 5 years in the case of SC / ST candidates i.e. the candidate must born between 1.1.1978 and 1.1.2001. Age as recorded in the matriculation certificate will be entertained.
3. HPU BSc Nursing Admission to married candidates will be allowed subject to production of medical fitness certificate.
4. A candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from H.P. Board of School Education / AISSCE / CBSE / ICSE / SSCE / HSCE or any other Board / University established by law in India in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually with 45% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination. The candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC, the marks obtained in Physics , Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination will be 40% instead of 45% as stated above. Provided further that English is a compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for admission to B.Sc.( Nursing ) course. The candidate should be medically fit.
5. The candidates who appeared in 10+2 examination and their result are not yet been declared may also apply for this test, but their admission will be made, if they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria as prescribed in the prospectus at the time of Ist round of counselling.
(i) The candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination from National Institute of Open School or appeared in 10+2 examination Science ( Medical ) conducted by National Institute of Open School can also apply to this test.
(ii) The above qualifications will only determine the eligibility of a candidate for admission, but the actual basis of admission shall be on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate(s) in the Entrance Test.
The minimum qualifying marks of the entrance test for admission to B.Sc. Nursing degree course shall be 45% for General & its sub-categories, and 40% for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes & their sub-categories and Physically Handicapped candidates.
HPU BSc Nursing Syllabus & Pattern
The HPU BSc Nursing Entrance Test shall consists of one written paper only in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry ( including Organic Chemistry ), Biology and English ( including General Knowledge / current affairs ) in accordance with the syllabi of studies based on NCERT books of the academic session according to which the 10+2 ( includes 11th and 12th classes ) examination was conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education in the year of the Entrance Test.
The medium of HPU BSc Nursing entrance exam shall be English. The HPU BSc Nursing question paper will have 100 ( One Hundred ) MCQ objective type questions of one mark each. Each question have four options i.e. A, B, C & D. Out of which only one will be the correct option. The duration of HPU BSc Nursing Entrance Test will be 2 hours. There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers. The question paper will be in English language only of the following subjects
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Knowledge / Current Affairs||10||10|
|(The syllabi will be of 10+2 standard)|
HPU BSc Nursing Exam Center
The candidate should fill the name of one Examination Centre where she wants to appear in the HPU BSc Nursing Entrance Test. The details of the HPU BSc Nursing Examination Centres are as under
|Sr. No.||Name of Examination Centre|
Examination centre once opted by the candidate shall not be changed under any circumstances.
HPU BSc Nursing Admit Card
The University will provide the facility of downloading the Admit Cards for appearing to B.Sc. ( Nursing ) Entrance Test-2018 on the University website www.hpuniv.nic.in.& www.admissions.hpushimla.in. The candidates are required to download the Admit cards from the website by following the instructions / schedule given therein. The candidate may please note that Admit cards will not be sent by post. The Admit cards uploaded on website will be provisional and does not entail the eligibility of the candidate for admission to the course. The Admit Card will bear the Roll Number, Name, Father’s Name,Category, Photograph, Date, Time, Venue of Entrance Test. The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card downloaded by her for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should immediately inform the University. In such cases, candidates would appear in the examination with the already downloaded Admit Card. However, the University will take necessary action to make correction of factual error in the record later. No candidate will be allowed to sit in the test without having Admit Card and the University will not be responsible on this account. The candidates are advised to preserve their Admit cards in good condition till the admission process in the B.Sc Nursing course is over.
HPU BSc Nursing Application Form
HPU BSc Nursing Entrance Test Fee
- For General / OBC& their Sub-Categories : ₹ 1400/-
- For Antyodaya / IRDP Categories : ₹. 700/-
- For SC / ST & their Sub- Categories : ₹ 700/-
Modes of payment
- Net Banking
- Card Payment ( By Using Debit / Credit Card of any bank )
- Other Payment modes in which Challan is generated and the applicant has to take the print out of that Challan to the nearest SBI Branch for depositing the Cash.
In case of Net Banking and Card Payment, e-receipt will be generated.
Take the print out of the computer generated confirmation copy of the HPU BSc Nursing application form and attach the copy of the fee receipt and write the following address with the quote “Application form for B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test-2018” on any good quality envelope and then send it by post, so as to reach on or before the prescribed date to
The Assistant Registrar ( Entrance Tests )
Room No. 10 Admn. Block,
Ground Floor, H.P. University,
Summer Hill, Shimla–171 005 (H.P.).
Alternatively, it can be submitted in person in the office of the Assistant Registrar (Entrance Tests) as mentioned above.
HPU BSc Nursing Important Dates
HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2021 Exam Dates
Below are the important dates in regards to the HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2021 important events and dates:
|Registration process||September 2021|
|Submission of Application Form||October 2021|
|Application Correction||October 2021|
|Releasing of admit card||October 2021|
|Date of Entrance Exam||October 2021|
|Answer Key with Objection||October 2021|
|Merit list||November 2021|
|Ist Round of Counseling||December 2021|
|The date for joining the allotted college & course||December 2021|
|Date of 2nd Round of Counseling for filling up vacant seats||December 2021|
|Last date to admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason.||December 2021|
HPU BSc Nursing Counselling
The HPU BSc Nursing counselling for all the qualified candidates will be held as per following schedule in the H.P. University Auditorium, Shimla-171005 in accordance with the category-wise merit list notified by the University. List of such candidates will be made available on the University website www.hpuniv.in tentatively on December, 2021.
Venue : H.P. University Auditorium Summer Hill, Shimla-5
|(a)Schedule For First Round Of Counselling|
|Date & Time||Name of Categories||Merit Ranks of Entrance Test 2017|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||1 to 150|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||151 to 350|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||351 to 600|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||601 to 900|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||901 to 1200|
|August, 2018||General Combined merit of all categories ( General & reserved )||1201 onwards up to the last rank of General Combined merit of all categories.|
|(b) Scheduled For Second Round Of Counselling|
|Date & Time|
|The following candidates should be appeared in the 2nd round of Counseling for seeking admission to B.Sc. Nursing course against vacant seats in order of merit under State Quota in Govt./ Private Nursing Colleges:-
(i) All those candidates who had attended the Ist round of counseling, but not allotted seats due to non-availability of seats in any Nursing College under State Quota.
(ii) All those Candidates who had allotted seats under Management Quota during Ist round of counselling due to non-availability of State Quota seats in private nursing colleges.
(iii) Those candidates who had allotted seats in private nursing colleges under State Quota or those candidates who opted Govt. Nursing College only during the Ist round of counselling due to non-availability of seats in Govt. College, IGMC, Shimla. ( Number of candidates to be called will depending upon the vacant seats )
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.