CUHP 2018 Entrance Exam
The Central University of Himachal Pradesh strives for Inclusive Access to Excellence in Higher Education and Research to emerge as Premier University of the Country at par with the best Universities of the World in terms of Program Offerings, Curricular Framework, Pedagogy, Research, Publications and Integration with the World of Work.
CUHP Entrance Exam 2017
Central University of Himachal Pradesh invites applications from the eligible candidates for seeking admission in the following Ph.D. Programs of Study being started from academic session 2017 – 18.
The University has rigorous full time PhD Program that aims at honing the research skills, grooming teaching abilities, producing quality research publications and proactive participation in seminars and conferences. All the students admitted to PhD Program are awarded fellowship including contingency as per UGC norms.
CUHP 2017 Exam Date
CUHP TREAT 2017 Exam Date : 20th September, 2017 ( Wednesday ) 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
CUHP 2017 Eligibility Conditions
A minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in Masters / PG degree from a recognised University or an equivalent examination in the disciplines specified below :
|S.No.||Program of Study||Specified Disciplines|
|1.||Management||Commerce, Applied Economics, Business Economics, Industrial Sociology, Psychology ( Organizational / Industrial Psychology ), Marketing Management, Financial Administration, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, International Business, Tourism administration, Statistics, Operational Research, Business Law, Production & Industrial Engineering, Industrial management, Computer Applications and any other discipline found to be relevant by the University.|
|2.||Environmental Science||Postgraduate ( PG ) degree in any branch of Science|
|3.||Education||MEd, MA ( Education ), or any other discipline found to be relevant by the University.
|4.||Education||MEd, MA (Education), or any other discipline found to be relevant by the University.|
|5.||English||English, Comparative Literature, Translation & Interpretation, Linguistics and any other discipline found to be relevant by the University.|
|6.||Hindi||Hindi and any other discipline found to be relevant by the University.|
|7.||Journalism & Creative Writing|
Mass Communication & Electronic Media
|Journalism, Mass Communication, New Media and any other discipline found to be relevant by the University|
|8.||Computational Biology & Bio Informatics||Master’s degree in any branch of Life Sciences / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Computer Science or Information Technology#
|9.||Mathematics||Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Mathematics, Operations Research and any other discipline found to be relevant by the University.|
|10.||Library Science||Library Science, Library Information Science and any other discipline found to be relevant by the University.|
|11.||Physics & Astronomical Sciences||Physics, Astronomy and any other discipline found to be relevant by the University.|
|12.||Social Work||Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Development Study, Social Anthropology and any other discipline found to be relevant by the University.|
|13.||History of Art, Art Education & Art Appreciation||History of Art, Art Education & Art Appreciation|
|14.||Relaxation in Minimum Qualifying Marks : Relaxation in minimum qualifying marks up to a maximum of 5% shall be made in case of candidates belonging to the SC, ST and Persons with Disabilities Categories.|
To Kow More about CUHP Entrance Exam – Click Here
CUHP 2017 Application Form
CUHP 2017 Submission of Application Form for admission to PhD Programs of Study
CUHP TREAT Online Application : A candidate can apply online by clicking on the link given at the University website www.cuhimachal.ac.in. Application fee shall be payable as per the instructions given on the Website of the University.
Hard Copy : In case a candidate is not able to apply online, he / she may download / obtain the application form from the University and send the duly filled-up application form along with a non – refundable Application Fee through Demand Draft payable at Dharamshala, District Kangra, HP drawn in favour of Finance Officer, Central University of Himachal Pradesh.
The application fee for admission to PhD Program for different categories of applicants shall be as under
- General Category : 400/-
- OBC Category : 300/-
- SC / ST / PH Categories : 100/-
Last Date for the receipt of CUHP Application : duly completed application form for admission to a particular program of study must reach the University on or before 15th September, 2017
CUHP PhD Seats available in various departments
|S.No.||Name of Department||Total Nos. of Seats|
|1.||Accounting & Finance||10|
|2. ||Marketing and Supply Chain Management||09|
|3.||Human Resource Management & OB||10|
|6.||English & European Languages||08|
|7.||Hindi & Indian Languages||12|
|8.||Journalism & Creative Writing||03|
|9.||Mass Communication and Electronic Media||06|
|10.||Centre for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics||04|
|12.||Library Science ||08|
|13. ||Physics & Astronomical Science||21|
|15.||Tourism & Travel Management||01|
To Know More about CUHP Application Form – Click Here
CUHP 2017 Selection Criteria
CUHP 2017 Admission Procedure
1. In the first place, the vacant seats for PhD Programs of Study in various disciplines shall be filled on merit of composite score which shall be calculated as under :
a) Academic Score : 40 % ( 25% of percentage of marks obtained in PG examination plus 15% of percentage of marks obtained in UG examination )
b) Research Qualification : 40 %
- 40 marks for JRF ( Based on written test – such as UGC, CSIR,and ICAR, or by any other agency recognized by UGC ); OR
- 30 marks for NET / SET / SLET OR
- 20 marks forMPhil ( as per UGC Regulations, 2009 ) with minimum 60% marks.
c) Personal Interview : 20%
- For shortlisting the candidates for Personal Interview, a merit list shall be prepared on the basis of a) Academic Score and b) Research Qualification. 10 candidates against one vacant seat shall be called on merit for personal interview. The guidelines with regard to reservation shall be adhered to as given in points 3 and 4.
- At the time of personal interview, the candidate shall have to submit a research proposal of his / her choice in approximately 1500 words. A Candidate shall only be interviewed if he / she has submitted a research proposal.
2. In case the seats for PhD Programs of Study in various disciplines remain unfilled after following the procedure mentioned above, the vacant seats shall be filled on merit of composite score which shall be calculated as under :
- Academic Score : 40 %
( 25% of percentage of marks obtained in PG examination plus 15% of percentage of marks obtained in UG examination ).
- CUHP Entrance Test ( TREAT ) : 40 %
( 15 marks for Domain Knowledge, 15 marks for Research Aptitude and 10 marks for Writing Skills ).
- Personal Interview : 20 %
- For shortlisting the candidates for Personal Interview, a merit list shall be prepared on the basis of Academic Score. 15 candidates against one vacant seat shall be called on merit for entrance test ( TREAT ) and personal interview. The guidelines with regard to reservation shall be adhered to as given in following page.
- At the time of personal interview, the candidate shall have to submit a research proposal of his / her choicein approximately 1500 words. A Candidate shall only be interviewed if he / she has submitted a research proposal.
3. Admission of Foreign Nationals / NRI / PIO / and Teachers Research Fellows / Non – PhD Teachers of CUHP :
Regular Assistant Professors employed in CUHP ( who are not Ph.D. ) / Teachers Research Fellows would be eligible to apply for Ph.D. the in – house teacher candidates for Ph.D. and Foreign Nationals / NRI / PIO / would be admitted under Supernumerary Seats category and they would not be required to write entrance test ( TREAT ). The Foreign students would be admitted as per CUHP norms.
Reservation of Seats in CUHP PhD Admission :
a) The University shall follow reservation in admission as mandated under the Central Educational Institutions ( Reservation of Seats ) Act 2006, as amended from time to time.
b) The University shall also follow reservation in admission in all Programs of Study in accordance with the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995.
Accordingly, the University shall reserve in all Programs of Study seats for admission as under for the students belonging to
|i) ||Scheduled Caste ( SC ) Category||15.0%|
|ii)||Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) Category||7.5%|
|iii)||Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) Category||27.0%|
|iv)||Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) Category||3.0%
|v)||Students from State of Jammu & Kashmir Under Supernumerary quota||Two Seats|
|vi)||The Kashmiri migrant students shall have the following concessions in admission to various programs during academic year 2015 - 16 :
Candidates seeking admission under the reserved categories shall be required to fulfill the prescribed conditions of admission to the Program of Study.
- Application Form of a candidate in the reserved category must be submitted along with the Caste / Tribe / Non – Creamy Layer certificate issued by the competent authority as per the certificate format enclosed with the application form.
- Application Form received without the required certificates shall be rejected.
- If a candidate in the reserved category qualifies for admission in the general category s / he shall be treated as a general category candidate. If sufficient number of candidates are not available to fill up the seats reserved for Scheduled Tribes, these may be filled up by suitable candidates from Scheduled Castes and vice – versa.
To Know More about CUHP Selection Criteria – Click Here
CUHP 2017 Results
To Know More about Results – Click Here
CUHP 2017 Important Dates
|CUHP 2017 Last Date for Receipt of Applications||15th September, 2017|
|Date and Time of CUHP TREAT Entrance Examination||20th September, 2017|
|Personal Interview||21st September, 2017|