Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya Common Entrance Test – DAVV CET 2018
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore announces schedule of its Common Entrance Test ( CET ) 2018 for admission in the following UG and PG courses being offered at its University Teaching Departments for the session 2018 – 2019
DAVV CET 2018 Courses
|Group||Courses||School of Studies||Eligibility||Seats|
|A||MBA(Financial Admin.)||Institute of Management Studies (IMS)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||120|
|A||MBA(Marketing Mgt.)||Institute of Management Studies (IMS)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||120|
|A||MBA(eCom.)||Institute of Management Studies (IMS)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||60|
|A||MBA(Disaster Mgt.)||Institute of Management Studies (IMS)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||60|
|A||MBA(HR)||Institute of Management Studies (IMS)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||120|
|A||MBA(Hospital Administration)||Institute of Management Studies (IMS)||BBA(HA),BDS, BSc.(Nursing), MBBS and other medical degree of a recognized university with duration equal to MBBS with 50% marks||60|
|A||MBA(Tourism)||International Institute of Professional Studies (IIPS)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||40|
|A||MBA(Advertising & Public Relations)||International Institute of Professional Studies (IIPS)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||40|
|A||MBA(Media Mgt.)||Educational Multimedia Research Centre (EMRC)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||40|
|A||MBA(Business Economics)||School of Economics (SoE)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||60|
|A||MBA(International Business)||School of Economics (SoE)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||60|
|A||MBA (Financial Services)||School of Economics (SoE)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||50|
|A||MBA(Foreign Trade)||School of Commerce (SoC)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||60|
|A||M.Com. (A/c & Fin. Control)||School of Commerce (SoC)||Graduation in Commerce/Science with 50%||40|
|A||M.Com. (Bank Mgmt.)||School of Commerce (SoC)||Graduation in Commerce/Science with 50%||40|
|A||M.A. (Journalism)||School of Journalism and Mass Communication (SJMC)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||35|
|A||Bachelor of Journalism||School of Journalism and Mass Communication (SJMC)||Graduation in any stream with 50%||25|
|B||MBA(e-Commerce)-5 Yrs||Institute of Management Studies (IMS)||12th in any stream with 50%||60|
|B||MBA(Mgmt. Science)-5 Yrs||International Institute of Professional Studies (IIPS)||12th in any stream with 50%||120|
|B||B.Com(Hons)-3Yrs||International Institute of Professional Studies (IIPS)||12th in commerce / Science with 50%||60|
|B||M.Sc (Electronic Media) 5 Yrs||Educational Multimedia Research Centre(EMRC)||12th in any stream with 50%||50|
|B||MBA(Foreign Trade)-5 Yrs||School of Commerce (SoC)||12th in any stream with 50%||120|
|B||B.Com. (A/c & Tax Mgmt.)||School of Commerce (SoC)||12th in Commerce / Science with 50%||120|
|B||B.A. (Hons) Mass Comm.||School of Journalism and Mass Communication (SJMC)||12th in any stream with 50%||70|
|B||B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) 5 Yrs||School of Law (SoL)||12th in any stream with 50%||60|
|C||MBA (Hospital Admin.) – 5Yrs||Institute of Management Studies (IMS)||12th (Biology) with 50%||60|
|C||MCA-6Yrs||International Institute of Professional Studies (IIPS)||12th Mathematics with 50%||90|
|C||MTech-5 Yrs||International Institute of Professional Studies (IIPS)||12th Physics, Chemistry, Maths with 50% marks||60|
|C||B.Pharm- 4 Yrs.||School of Pharmacy (SoPHARM)||12th Physics, Chemistry, Maths / Biology /English Subject with 50%||60|
|D||LL.M. (Business Law)||School of Law (SoL)||LL.B. or B.A.LL.B. with 55%||35|
|D||M.Sc.(Life Sciences)||School of Life Science (SoLSc)||B.Sc. Biological Sciences with 55%||20|
|D||M.Sc.(Industrial Microbiology)||School of Life Science (SoLSc)||B.Sc. Biological Sciences with 60%||15|
|D||M.Sc.(Electronics)||School of Electronics (SoEX)||B.Sc. or B.Sc. (Hons.) (Electronics / IT / CS / Physics) or BCA with minimum 50 % aggregate marks||40|
|D||M.Sc.( Electronics & Communication)||School of Electronics (SoEX)||40|
|D||M.Sc.(Biochemistry)||School of Biochemistry (BIOCHEM)||B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subject with 55% marks||20+10|
* Any change in number of seats will be declared before 1st counselling
DAVV CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
1. Minimum Percentage for Admissions and Eligibility for appearing in DAVV Entrance Test
- Minimum percentage and admission criteria for admission to programmes being offered by the University are mentioned in the Tables 1 of this document. For minimum eligibility criteria percentage of marks in aggregate in qualifying examination kindly refer to the Tables 1 of this document. A relaxation of 5% in the eligibility criteria shall be admissible to the bonafide SC / ST applicants of Madhya Pradesh only. A relaxation of 5% in eligibility will also be applicable to Physically Challenged ( Divyangjan ) as defined by M.P. Government.
- The candidates awaiting their results of qualifying examination can also apply for admission but the
candidate has to submit the final mark sheet of qualifying examination by 08th August, 2018 or the date as decided by the University else admission will automatically be cancelled.
- For admission in MBA ( HA ) 2 years, the candidate has to submit the internship completion certificate by 8th August, 2018 else admission will automatically be cancelled.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from universities other than Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya are required to submit Eligibility Certificate issued by the Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore.
- Fresh admission will be given only in first semester / first year of the course.
2. DAVV CET 2018 Age Limit
As per the government rules the upper age limit for male candidates for admission to undergraduate courses is 23 years whereas for postgraduate degree courses it is 28 years as on 01st July, 2018. A relaxation of three years in upper age limit for SC / ST / OBC and physically handicapped candidate shall be provided for the applicants of Madhya Pradesh only. For candidate belonging to physically challenged category upper age limit for admission to Graduate and Post Graduate courses will be 30 and 35 years, respectively as on 01st July, 2018. There is no upper age limit for females, MBA ( HA 2 years ) and LLM candidates. For B.Pharm. course candidate should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, 2018. For B.A. LLB course age limit will be as per M.P. Government / B.C.I. norms.
3. Non – Eligibility for Admission
- If the age is more than the requisite age.
- An applicant convicted by the court of law in India or outside or one against whom cases are being tried in the court’s or challan has been presented or have verifiable allegations against them concerning misbehavior / beating of students / officers / employees or a person against whom disciplinary action has been taken by Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya or any other University shall not be eligible for admission. Candidates who have involved in ragging will be ineligible for admission.
- A full time government employee / non – government employee cannot take admission in courses run during working hours. However, they can take admission in courses run after regular working hours. For the same they will have to produce a No Objection Certificate ( NOC ) from their employer.
4. Admission to N.R.I and PIO / Foreign Nationals
Foreign Nationals / Person of Indian Origin ( PIO )
- Foreign Nationals : Citizens of all countries other than who are not of Indian origin as defined under PIO. Foreign student in this context shall be defined as the student who possesses the foreign passport.
- “PIO” means Persons of Indian Origin : PIOs are such persons who are citizens of other countries ( except Pakistan and Bangladesh ) who at any time held an Indian Passport, or who or either of his / her parents or any of his / her grandparents was a citizen of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India or Sec 2(b) of Citizenship Act, 1955. ( Act No. 57 of 1955 ).
15% Seats in all the programmes are reserved for foreign nationals / PIOs within the sanctioned intake. Th candidates seeking admission against these seats shall be eligible for admission without the Entrance Test. Such candidates should fulfill the eligibility requirements of the concerned programme in the qualifying examination. Such candidates should apply to the “Chairperson, Admission Committee-2018, DAVV” separately. If the candidate fulfills all the qualifications, the University shall issue provisional admission letter to him / her and inform the concerned Indian High Commission / Embassy. On the basis of the provisional admission letter, the Indian High Commission / Embassy will issue a student visa to enable the student to come to India and join the University. It will be the sole responsibility of the student to seek admission in the concerned program within the time limit prescribed for admissions. No foreign student shall be admitted to any programme of University unless he / she fulfills the following conditions
- Possesses eligibility certificate issued by the University.
- Deposited the requisite registration / renewal fee and immigration fee.
- Produces original passport and valid student visa.
- Certificate from the competent Medical Officer that the candidate is not HIV positive or suffering from AIDS.
- Certificate from District Administration / Police Department that candidate name has been enrolled in the register of foreign nationals.
- Produces original certificates of qualifying examinations.
- Last date for application will be 01st July, 2018.
The Eligibility Certificate and other documents will be issued to the candidate in person, on producing valid evidence of identity. The student should necessarily present himself / herself. The certificates will not be granted and issued to his agents / representatives / friends etc. whosoever and whatsoever. Attested photocopy of all the above documents should be submitted at the time of admission.
NRI – Non – Resident Indian
As per Income Tax Act, 1961 an individual is non-resident for income tax purpose, when he / she is not a resident or who is not ordinarily resident. A person is treated as ordinarily resident when any of the following conditions is satisfied.
- If he / she has not been resident of India in nine out of ten preceding years : or
- If he / she has not been in India for a period of 730 days or more during the preceding seven years.
Candidates who are seeking admission against seats reserved for non – resident Indians subject to the following conditions
- At least one of the parents of such candidates should be non-resident Indian and shall ordinarily be residing abroad as non-resident Indian;
- The person who sponsors the candidate for admission should be a first degree relation of the candidate and should be ordinarily residing abroad as a non – resident Indian;
- If the candidate has no parents or near relatives or taken as a ward by some other nearest relative such candidate may also be considered for admission provided that the guardian has bonafidely treated the candidate as a ward and such guardian shall file an affidavit indicating the interest shown in the education affairs of the candidate and also his relationship with the candidate and such person also should be a non-resident Indian and ordinarily residing abroad.
The candidates seeking admission against NRI seats shall be eligible for admission without the Entrance Test. Such candidates should fulfill the eligibility requirements for the concerned program with atleast 45% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination. Such candidates should apply to the following address separately along with the following documents by 01st July, 2018
“Chairperson Admission Committee 2018,
School of Bio-technology,
Takshashila Campus, Khandwa Road,
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya ( DAVV ),
Indore – 452001”,
- DD of 5000/- or US$ 100 in favour of Registrar, DAVV, Indore.
- Photocopy of mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Eligibility certificate from the University.
- Certificate issued by Indian Diplomatic Mission or Chancellor or Commission abroad under their seal stating that the father / parent of the applicant is an Indian resident in that country.
- Work Permit / Employer Certificate
- Bank Statement of Sponsorer.
- Copy of valid passport and visa.
DAVV 2018 Exam Pattern
Programmes After 10+2
The Test for Group B shall include 75 questions in all, following section will have 15 questions each
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning and General Intelligence
- English Language Comprehension
- General Awareness and Awareness of Socio-economic environment
The Test for Group C, shall include total 75 questions of which 15 questions will be from English and 20 questions each from Physics, Mathematics / Biology and Chemistry
In the Test for Group C, choice to candidate will be as follows
B. Pharm. : English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology
MBA (HA) : English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
MCA, M. Tech. : English, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry
( Students who do not opt for Mathematics will not be considered for MCA / M.Tech & similarly who do not opt for Biology will not be considered for MBA ( HA ) ).
Programmes After Graduation
Group A :
There will be a common test paper for all the programmes of Group A.
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning and General Intelligence
- English Language Comprehension
- General Awareness and Awareness of Socio-Economic environment
LLM shall include 75 questions in all covering the all compulsory Law subjects prescribed by BCI ( Bar Council of India ) for the Undergraduate Programmes.
M.Sc. ( Life Science / Industrial Microbiology ) shall include 75 questions based on the programme contents being taught at graduation level ( B.Sc. ) in Biological Sciences.
M.Sc. ( Biochemistry ) shall include 75 questions based on the programme contents being taught at graduation level ( B.Sc. ) in Biological Sciences.
M.Sc. ( Electronics / Electronics & Communication ) shall include 75 questions in all covering the subjects Physics / Mathematics / Electronics at Undergraduate level.
DAVV CET 2018 Exam Centres
DAVV CET examination centers will be at the following Centers Time and venue of test will be given along with admit card. The University reserves the right to withdraw and allocate another center.
DAVV CET 2018 Reservation of Seats
Reservation Policy and Conversion of Seats
1. All reserved category candidates will have to appear in DAVV CET 2018.
2. Reservation of seats in courses offered by the University will be in accordance with the policy of Madhya Pradesh Government. The benefit of reservation will be available, only to the domiciles of Madhya Pradesh.
3. Of the total seats, 16 percent and 20 percent seats in courses will be reserved for applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste ( SC ) and Scheduled Tribes ( ST ), respectively. Seats of both these categories are interchangeable.
4. Of the total seats in a course, 14 percent seats will be reserved for applicants form OBC category ( except who are in creamy layer ).
5. Reservation for Persons with disabilities ( Physically Handicapped Seats ) : One seat on over and above basis in each course will be reserved for the physically handicapped candidates with disability percentage of 40 or above. Candidate’s claiming admission against these seats shall be required to produce Disability Certificate from the concerned District Medical Board.
6. A horizontal reservation of 30 percent of the total seats will be for female applicants.
7. DAVV Employee ward quota : Admission for wards of the University employees will be done on the basis of University guidelines. These admissions will be over and above the total number of seats available in the concerned course.
( Ward here would mean husband, wife, son, daughter of the employee / teacher / officer. In this respect a certificate from the Registrar, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore / Competent authority of the University shall be required )
Note : These seats are interchangeable, and can be converted to other category ( Officer / Teacher to Employee or Vice – Versa ) if they remain vacant.
8. If less than half seat falls under reservation then the seat will not be available, but in case the proportion of seat is between half and one it will be treated as one.
9. If reserved seats remain vacant on the day of counseling, the seat will be converted to unreserved category on the basis of merit.
10. To avail benefit of reservation a certificate from a Competent Authority should be produced.
11. The candidate ( applicants ) must indicate explicitly the category for which he / she want to avail the advantage of reservation for admission. This option will, in no case, be allowed to be changed.
12. The candidate admitted under NRI category will not be transferred to any other category unless he / she has qualified entrance test and stands in merit.
13. Conversion of vacant seats among reserved categories ( SC / ST / OBC ) will be done as per M.P. Government directives.
14. J & K Migrants quota seats : One seat in each program ( over & above ) shall be reserved for sons / daughters of the persons displaced from the state of Jammu and Kashmir on or before 1st January, 1999. Such candidates shall have to produce a certificate from the S.D.O. ( Revenue ) of the concerned district in prescribed Performa. Sons / Daughters of the employees of M.P. Govt., who have served in the State of Jammu and Kashmir for curbing insurgency, are also covered under this quota.
Such candidates should have passed their qualifying examination from the State of Jammu and Kashmir. Candidates would be required to produce a certificate in prescribed Proforma. The certificate should be produced at the time of counseling.
15. J & K Resident Quota : One seat in each program shall be reserved on over and above basis for residents of Jammu & Kashmir. The candidate will be required to submit appropriate certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of counseling.