Dibrugarh University CEE Entrance Exam 2016
Dibrugarh University conduts Combined Entrance Examination CEE 2016 for admission to MBBS / BDS, BE / BTech Courses in the colleges of the State of Assam shall be conducted by the Dibrugarh University. The Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 will be conducted as per the current NCERT syllabus adopted by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
Candidates should note the following :
- Candidates applying for MBBS / BDS / BAMS Courses must appear in Physics, Chemistry and Biology only
- Candidates applying for Engineering Degree Courses must appear in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics only
- Candidates appearing in both MBBS / BDS / BAMS and Engineering Degree Courses must appear in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics
Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
i. Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 Eligibility for BE / BTech Courses :
To be eligible for Admission to any of the Colleges a candidate must fulfill the following conditions :-
- The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent resident of Assam.
- For admission into B.E. Courses the candidate must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with a minimum of 50 % ( 45 % in case of SC and 40 % in case of ST ) marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The same sitting means a candidate must appear all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English together.
- The Candidate must appear in the Entrance Examination for admission CEE 2016.
- The Candidate must not above 21 years or below 17 years of age as on 1st August, 2016.Upper age limit mentioned in (d) above is relaxed to 22 years in case of B.Sc. passed Candidates. Upper age limit mentioned in (d) above is relaxed by 3 years for Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- The Candidate must posses a good moral character.
- The Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
ii. Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 Eligibility for MBBS / BDS Courses :
The following conditions must be fulfilled.
(1) (a) The Candidate must be a citizen of India
(b) The candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam. The candidate or his / her father / mother must be residing in the state of Assam continuously for not less than a period of 20 years.
(c) The candidate, including sons / daughters of officers of All India Services must study in all classes from Class – VI to X in the State of Assam and must pass the HSLC or its equivalent examination conducted by Government recognized Board / Council from any Institute situated in the State of Assam.
Provided that if a candidate studies outside Assam from Class-VI onwards because his / her father / mother is posted outside Assam as a State / Central Government employee or Employee of any State / Central Government Corporation / Agencies or instrumentalities on deputation or transfer or regular posting, then the period for which the said father / mother is working outside the State shall be relaxable for such candidate. ( Certificate of employment of father / mother outside the state indicating the period of service must be submitted if a candidate is called for counselling ).
(2) (a) The candidate must pass the qualifying examination
(b) The candidate must pass all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English of the qualifying examination in the same sitting and without grace marks.
(c) The candidate must obtain a minimum of 60% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination in case of candidates belonging to General / Unreserved / Open Category. In respect of candidates belonging to SC / ST ( P ) / ST ( H ) / OBC / MOBC category the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination shall be 50%.
(3) Candidate’s age should not be below 17 years and above 24 years of age on the 31st day of December of the year in which the admission is sought for; Provided that the maximum age limit is relaxable by 3 years in case of candidates belonging to the SC / ST ( P ) / ST ( H ) / OBC / MOBC category.
To know more about Dibrugarh University CEE Eligibility Click Here
Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 Exam Pattern
- Each paper shall be of 2 ( two ) hours duration and shall contain 100 multiple choice questions each carrying one mark.
- Total marks for each paper shall be 100.
- There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- There shall be no marks in case the candidate selects more than one option in the answer sheet. Option once marked can not be changed and erasered.
1. After submitting Dibrugarh University CEE Online Application form, the candidate has to take a print out of challan ( generated automatically after submission of Online Application form ) and deposit the prescribed amount of fee in any branch of the State Bank of India from second working day onwards from the day of submission of Online Application form. The candidate should keep his / her copy of challan after depositing requisite fee.
Please note that if any mistake is detected after submission of Online Application form, it cannot be corrected by the examination conducting office. The Dibrugarh University shall not be responsible for rejection of candidature at the time counselling due to non fulfillment of eligibility criteria and/or wrong entry of information in the online application form. However, the candidate can submit an application afresh. Only applications of those candidates who have submitted the requisite fee on or before the last day of payment will be accepted.
2. The applicants must possess the required criteria and educational qualification as mentioned in the respective information booklets.
3. Applicants need not send copy of application form or any documents to the cell for CEE 2016, Dibrugarh University. However, after depositing requisite fee, print out of the Application form may be taken by using Application form number / user name and the password given by the candidate. Please remember the password given by you during the submission of Online Application form. It is important for further login.
4. Candidates should note that OMR Answer Sheet shall have to be used for indicating the answers. The evaluation of the OMR sheets shall be done with the help of computer. No manual evaluation of OMR sheets shall be done. Candidates should familiarise themselves with the use of OMR Answer Sheet. While appearing in the Examination, the candidates should follow the instructions given in the Question Booklet & OMR sheet and carefully fill up the relevant particulars like Roll No, Question Booklet Set ( A / B / C / D ), Course Option, Subject etc. Use only Black Ball pen while filling up the OMR sheet.
5. Since OMR sheets will be used and the evaluation shall be done by computer, there shall be no provision for manual re – checking and re – evaluation.
6. Candidates should submit Counseling Form for MBBS / BDS and BE / B.Tech Courses at the time of counselling, if called for.
Dibrugarh University CEE Application Fee 2016
|Candidate Appearing for||Amount of fee to be paid|
|MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BHMS Courses only||1240|
|Engineering Degree Courses only||1240|
|Both MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BHMS and Engineering Courses||1540|
The candidates are to deposit the prescribed amount alongwith a bank charge of 60/- in cash at any branch of State Bank of India by using bank challan generated after completion of online submisson of application form.
Dibrugarh University CEE Admit Card 2016
The Candidate will be able to download his / her admit card from the websites mentioned above from 2nd May, 2016 onwards by entering his / her Application Form number generated during theonline submission of Application.
To know more about Dibrugarh University CEE Application Form Click Here
Dibrugarh University CEE Admission Procedure 2016
i. Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 Admission Procedure for BE / BTech :
(a) Candidates shall be selected strictly on the basis of merit of the Entrance Examination CEE 2016 to be conducted by Dibrugarh University.
(b) In the admission test the candidates must appear in all the following papers :
- Mathematics – 100 Marks
- Physics – 100 Marks
- Chemistry – 100 Marks
[ The Syllabus for the Examination is same as the NCERT Syllabus adopted by Assam Higher Secondary Education Council for 2016 Batch ]
(c) The merit list of CEE 2016 will be published by Dibrugarh University. On the basis of merit list of CEE 2016 candidates will be selected for Admission.
(d) If more than one candidate secures same marks in CEE 2016, than the merit will be determined by the total marks obtained in PCM in the qualifying Examination. If there is a subsequent tie, then the total mark obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in the qualifying examination will be considered. If there is a further tie, then the tie will be broken by draw of lot by the Chairman of Selection Committee.
Dibrugarh University CEE Exam Centres 2016
Dibrugarh University CEE Seats Reservation 2016
i. Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 BE / BTech :
A. Seats are reserved for the following categories of candidates of Assam
|Seats are reserved for the following categories of candidates of Assam|
|(a) Scheduled Castes ( SC )||7% of College intake capacity|
|(b) Scheduled Tribes ( Plains ) ( ST )||10% of College intake capacity|
|(c) Scheduled Tribes ( Hills ) ( ST ( H ) )||5 % of College intake capacity|
|(d) Other Backward Classes ( including MOBC )||15% of College intake capacity|
|(e) Tea garden labour community ( TGLC )||1 seat in each college|
|(f) Ex – tea garden labour community ( Ex TGC )||1 seat in each college|
|(g) Son, and Daughter of Ex – Service man||1 seat in each college|
|(h) Son, Daughter, Grand – Son and Grand – Daughter of freedom fighters ( both paternal & maternal ) – 2 seats in AEC and 2 seats in JEC and 1 seat in JIST, Jorhat in specific branch.( Out of these seats one seat is reserved for SC / ST / OBC / MOBC )|
|(i) Physically Challenged :||3% of College intake capacity|
|(j) NCC. :||1 seat in each college|
|(k) Sportsman :||1 seat in each College|
|(l) Moran / Motak communities :||1 seat in each College|
Note I : Candidates applying against the Quota reserved for SC., ST., OBC, Tea garden and Ex – tea garden Labour Community must produce the Original certificate on the day of Counselling / Admission.
Note II : Candidates applying against the Reserved Quota of “Son / Daughters of Ex-Defense Service personal must submit certificate in Original from the Director, Sainik Board, Assam at the time of Counseling / Admission.
Note III : Candidates applying against reserved seats of Son, Daughter, Grand – Son and Grand – Daughter of freedom fighters must attach two certificates :-
- Freedom Fighter certificate from the Principal Private Secretary to the Chief Minister, Assam certifying the Freedom Fighter and
- Certificate from D.C. / authorized official by D.C., stating the direct relationship of the candidate with the freedom fighter
For the above reserved seats candidates must also fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Note IV : The candidates applying against Reserved NCC Quota has to show the Original Copy and submit the photocopy of N.C.C. Examination Certificate from the Issuing Authority in the rank not below the Deputy Director General National Cadets Cops, Ministry of Defense Government of India. Certificates of merit ( NCC Certificate ) issued from the Head of the Institution / College / School will not be accepted. During the counseling for Admission, a candidate has to submit the original certificate from the issuing authority i.e. Issuing Authority in the rank of not below the Deputy Director General National Cadets Cops, Ministry of Defense Government of India.
For considering the merit for admission in NCC Category, following criteria will be considered :
- “C” certificate with Grading “A” would be treated as Rank I
- “C” certificate with Grading “B” would be treated as Rank II
- “B” certificate with Grading “A” would be treated as Rank III
- “B” certificate with Grading “B” would be treated as Rank IV
- “A” certificate with Grading “A” would be treated as Rank V
- “A” certificate with Grading “B” would be treated as Rank VI
If number of applicants applying against N.C.C. quota seats and their Certificates are equal in Rank, then merit will be decided by taking the marks of Admission Test, even if there is a tie then Physics+ Chemistry + Mathematics marks of qualifying examination will be considered to decide the merit of the candidates. If again there is a tie, than the total marks obtained in Physics + Chemistry + Mathematics + English in the qualifying examination will be taken to decide the merit and again if it same ( tie ), then by draw of lot by the Chairman of Selection Committee.
Others condition will be same as mentioned.
Note V : The applicant against Reserved Sports quota seats must represent his / her State in National Games / Asian Games or Olympic Games. The merit will be decided in order of Medals in the following order of Preference :
- Medal winner of Olympic Games / World Championships
- Participants in Olympic Games / World Championships
- Medal winner of Commonwealth Games / Asian Games / Asian Championships
- Participants in Commonwealth Games / Asian Games / Asian Championships
- Medal winner of SAF Games / National Games / National Championships ( Olympic recognized disciplines ) / National Cricket Tournaments organized by BCCI
- Participants in SAF Games / National Games / National Championships ( Olympic recognized disciplines ) / Nation Cricket Tournaments organized by BCCI
- Medal winner of National School Games organized by School Games Federation of India / All India Rural Sports / Women Sports Festival / North East Games / National Inter School tournament organized by SAI NSNIS, Patiala under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India.
- Medal winner of State Games / State Championships / Tournament organized by Assam Olympic Association / State Sports Association / Directorate of Sports & Youth Welfare, Assam.
In respect of seats in degree level Engineering courses in Sports Quota if there is tie, i.e. prizes are equal ( Gold / Silver / Bronze / or preferences as above ) or no prizes is obtained by any candidate then merit will be decided by taking the marks of Admission Test, even if there is a Tally then P.C.M. marks of qualifying examination will be taken to decide the merit of the candidates. If again there is a tie, then the total mark obtained in P.C.M.E. in the qualifying examination will be taken to decide the merit and again if same ( tie ), the by lottery by the Chairman of Selection Committee. Must clear the PCME in a same seating in the qualifying examination without any grace marks and 50% in PCM in the qualifying examination.
Note VI :
A. For admission against Sports / NCC quota, reserved at State Engineering College, Assam candidates are hereby asked to submit application after appearing in the CEE 2016 along with copies of mark sheet of qualifying Examination. Admission Test Admit Card and detailed particular regarding their State level participation along with a copy of certificate from the Director of Sports / N.C.C. Assam to reach the Director of Technical Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19 within ten (10) days from the date CEE – 2016 Entrance Examination.
All the eligible candidates are finalized by a committee with the following members :-
- DTE, Assam – Chairman
- Director of Sports – Member
- Director of NCC – Member
- Principals of State Engineering Colleges – Member
- Controller of Examination, SCTE – Member Secretary
B. In addition some seats are reserved for candidates nominated by the State of Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Tripura as per allocation of Government of India, Ministry of Human Resources Development Department, New Delhi.
C. Son / Daughter of employees of Central Government and of Central Government Public Sector under taking serving in the State who are not permanent resident of Assam but are posted in Assam for not more than five years proceeding the last date fixed for submitting Application.
Note VII : Candidates applying under this category must attach and submit attach relevant documentary evidence duly signed by competent authority. Such as
- That his / her parents are not permanent resident of Assam, but from other State of the Country,
- Service period of his / her parents in Assam as employee of Central Government / Undertakings,
- Certificate from the School / College the candidate last attended.
Note VIII : If any of the seats mentioned above under reserved category remains vacant for want of eligible candidates, the seats shall be filled-up from the General Merit List of Admission Test in order of merit.
ii. Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 MBBS / BDS :
Available seats shall be reserved for the following categories of candidates of the State of Assam :
|Other Backward Classes / More Other Backward Classes ( OBC / MOBC )||15% of total State Quota seats in MBBS / BDS|
|Scheduled Castes ( SC )||7% of total State Quota seats in MBBS / BDS|
|Scheduled Tribes ( Plain ) [ ST ( P ) ]||10% of total State Quota seats in MBBS / BDS|
|Scheduled Tribes ( Hills ) [ ST ( H ) ]||5% of total State Quota seats in MBBS / BDS|
|Sons / daughters / brothers / sisters of the Martyrs of the Assam movement ( Mtr. ).||2 seats in MBBS|
|Sons / daughters / brothers / sisters of persons killed in extremist violence in Assam ( Ext.V ).||2 seats in MBBS|
|Sons / Daughters of Socially, Economically and Educationally backward classes ordinarily residing in areas covered by the Assam State Char Areas Development Authority. ( CA )||4 seat in MBBS|
|Children of tea – garden / Ex – tea garden communities / tribes ( TGL / Ex – TGL )||8 Seats in MBBS Course and 1( one ) seat in BDS|
|Reservation for Ex – Servicemen and Serving Defence Personnel hailing from Assam ( ExS / SDP )||2 seats of MBBS|
|Sons / daughters / brothers / sisters / grandsons / grand daughters of freedom – fighters of the State ( FF )||2 seats in MBBS|
|Moran community ( Moran )||2 seats in MBBS|
|Motak community ( Motak )||2 seats in MBBS|
|Physically Handicapped ( PH )||3% seats in MBBS|
Reservation of maximum of 3% of seats of MBBS should be kept for the candidates with Physical Disability :
Provided that the aforesaid 3% reservation for Physically Handicapped Category in MBBS Courses is not a separate reservation over and above other reservation. If the disabled candidate belongs to reserved categories such as SC / ST / OBC / MOBC or General and any other category, he / she shall be adjusted against the category to which he/she belongs.
Only the persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs and having between 50% to 70% of disability shall be eligible for this Quota :
In case if there is dearth of candidates in the range of 50% to 70% disability of lower limbs under Physically Disabled Category then candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% shall be considered for admission.
To know more about Dibrugarh University CEE Seats Click Here
Dibrugarh University CEE Results 2016
Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 Exam Date
Dibrugarh University Combined Entrance Exam will be conducted on 14th May, 2016 &15th May, 2016.
Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 Result
Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 Results will be declared before 15th June, 2016.
Please keep watching this page, to check your Dibrugarh University CEE Results 2016…
To know more about Dibrugarh University CEE Results Click Here
Dibrugarh University CEE Important Dates 2016
|Date of opening of online submission of Applications||21st March, 2016|
|Date of closing of online submission of Applications||9th April, 2016|
|Last date of the receipt of examination fee at SBI||12th April, 2016|
|Date of Issue of Admit Cards online||2nd May, 2016 onwards|
|Dates of Examination||14th May, 2016 & 15th May, 2016|
|Declaration of Result||Before 15th June, 2016|
Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 Exam Schedule
|Date||Day||10:30 AM – 12:30 PM||2:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
|14th May, 2016||Saturday||Physics||Chemistry|
|15th May, 2016||Sunday||Biology||Mathematics|
To know more about Dibrugarh University CEE Medical Question Papers Click Here
To know more about Dibrugarh University CEE Engg Question Papers Click Here
Contact Details :
Dibrugarh – 786004,
Website : www.dibru.ac.in.