|Home Page||Eligibility||Application Form||Results|
Dibrugarh University CEE Seats Reservation 2016
i. Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 BE / BTech :
A. Seats are reserved for the following categories of candidates of Assam
|Seats are reserved for the following categories of candidates of Assam|
|(a) Scheduled Castes ( SC )||7% of College intake capacity|
|(b) Scheduled Tribes ( Plains ) ( ST )||10% of College intake capacity|
|(c) Scheduled Tribes ( Hills ) ( ST ( H ) )||5 % of College intake capacity|
|(d) Other Backward Classes ( including MOBC )||15% of College intake capacity|
|(e) Tea garden labour community ( TGLC )||1 seat in each college|
|(f) Ex – tea garden labour community ( Ex TGC )||1 seat in each college|
|(g) Son, and Daughter of Ex – Service man||1 seat in each college|
|(h) Son, Daughter, Grand – Son and Grand – Daughter of freedom fighters ( both paternal & maternal ) – 2 seats in AEC and 2 seats in JEC and 1 seat in JIST, Jorhat in specific branch.( Out of these seats one seat is reserved for SC / ST / OBC / MOBC )|
|(i) Physically Challenged :||3% of College intake capacity|
|(j) NCC. :||1 seat in each college|
|(k) Sportsman :||1 seat in each College|
|(l) Moran / Motak communities :||1 seat in each College|
Note I : Candidates applying against the Quota reserved for SC., ST., OBC, Tea garden and Ex – tea garden Labour Community must produce the Original certificate on the day of Counselling / Admission.
Note II : Candidates applying against the Reserved Quota of “Son / Daughters of Ex-Defense Service personal must submit certificate in Original from the Director, Sainik Board, Assam at the time of Counseling / Admission.
Note III : Candidates applying against reserved seats of Son, Daughter, Grand – Son and Grand – Daughter of freedom fighters must attach two certificates :-
- Freedom Fighter certificate from the Principal Private Secretary to the Chief Minister, Assam certifying the Freedom Fighter and
- Certificate from D.C. / authorized official by D.C., stating the direct relationship of the candidate with the freedom fighter
For the above reserved seats candidates must also fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Note IV : The candidates applying against Reserved NCC Quota has to show the Original Copy and submit the photocopy of N.C.C. Examination Certificate from the Issuing Authority in the rank not below the Deputy Director General National Cadets Cops, Ministry of Defense Government of India. Certificates of merit ( NCC Certificate ) issued from the Head of the Institution / College / School will not be accepted. During the counseling for Admission, a candidate has to submit the original certificate from the issuing authority i.e. Issuing Authority in the rank of not below the Deputy Director General National Cadets Cops, Ministry of Defense Government of India.
For considering the merit for admission in NCC Category, following criteria will be considered :
- “C” certificate with Grading “A” would be treated as Rank I
- “C” certificate with Grading “B” would be treated as Rank II
- “B” certificate with Grading “A” would be treated as Rank III
- “B” certificate with Grading “B” would be treated as Rank IV
- “A” certificate with Grading “A” would be treated as Rank V
- “A” certificate with Grading “B” would be treated as Rank VI
If number of applicants applying against N.C.C. quota seats and their Certificates are equal in Rank, then merit will be decided by taking the marks of Admission Test, even if there is a tie then Physics+ Chemistry + Mathematics marks of qualifying examination will be considered to decide the merit of the candidates. If again there is a tie, than the total marks obtained in Physics + Chemistry + Mathematics + English in the qualifying examination will be taken to decide the merit and again if it same ( tie ), then by draw of lot by the Chairman of Selection Committee.
Others condition will be same as mentioned.
Note V : The applicant against Reserved Sports quota seats must represent his / her State in National Games / Asian Games or Olympic Games. The merit will be decided in order of Medals in the following order of Preference :
- Medal winner of Olympic Games / World Championships
- Participants in Olympic Games / World Championships
- Medal winner of Commonwealth Games / Asian Games / Asian Championships
- Participants in Commonwealth Games / Asian Games / Asian Championships
- Medal winner of SAF Games / National Games / National Championships ( Olympic recognized disciplines ) / National Cricket Tournaments organized by BCCI
- Participants in SAF Games / National Games / National Championships ( Olympic recognized disciplines ) / Nation Cricket Tournaments organized by BCCI
- Medal winner of National School Games organized by School Games Federation of India / All India Rural Sports / Women Sports Festival / North East Games / National Inter School tournament organized by SAI NSNIS, Patiala under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India.
- Medal winner of State Games / State Championships / Tournament organized by Assam Olympic Association / State Sports Association / Directorate of Sports & Youth Welfare, Assam.
In respect of seats in degree level Engineering courses in Sports Quota if there is tie, i.e. prizes are equal ( Gold / Silver / Bronze / or preferences as above ) or no prizes is obtained by any candidate then merit will be decided by taking the marks of Admission Test, even if there is a Tally then P.C.M. marks of qualifying examination will be taken to decide the merit of the candidates. If again there is a tie, then the total mark obtained in P.C.M.E. in the qualifying examination will be taken to decide the merit and again if same ( tie ), the by lottery by the Chairman of Selection Committee. Must clear the PCME in a same seating in the qualifying examination without any grace marks and 50% in PCM in the qualifying examination.
Note VI :
A. For admission against Sports / NCC quota, reserved at State Engineering College, Assam candidates are hereby asked to submit application after appearing in the CEE 2016 along with copies of mark sheet of qualifying Examination. Admission Test Admit Card and detailed particular regarding their State level participation along with a copy of certificate from the Director of Sports / N.C.C. Assam to reach the Director of Technical Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19 within ten (10) days from the date CEE – 2016 Entrance Examination.
All the eligible candidates are finalized by a committee with the following members :-
- DTE, Assam – Chairman
- Director of Sports – Member
- Director of NCC – Member
- Principals of State Engineering Colleges – Member
- Controller of Examination, SCTE – Member Secretary
B. In addition some seats are reserved for candidates nominated by the State of Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Tripura as per allocation of Government of India, Ministry of Human Resources Development Department, New Delhi.
C. Son / Daughter of employees of Central Government and of Central Government Public Sector under taking serving in the State who are not permanent resident of Assam but are posted in Assam for not more than five years proceeding the last date fixed for submitting Application.
Note VII : Candidates applying under this category must attach and submit attach relevant documentary evidence duly signed by competent authority. Such as
- That his / her parents are not permanent resident of Assam, but from other State of the Country,
- Service period of his / her parents in Assam as employee of Central Government / Undertakings,
- Certificate from the School / College the candidate last attended.
Note VIII : If any of the seats mentioned above under reserved category remains vacant for want of eligible candidates, the seats shall be filled-up from the General Merit List of Admission Test in order of merit.
ii. Dibrugarh University CEE 2016 MBBS / BDS :
Available seats shall be reserved for the following categories of candidates of the State of Assam :
|Other Backward Classes / More Other Backward Classes ( OBC / MOBC )||15% of total State Quota seats in MBBS / BDS|
|Scheduled Castes ( SC )||7% of total State Quota seats in MBBS / BDS|
|Scheduled Tribes ( Plain ) [ ST ( P ) ]||10% of total State Quota seats in MBBS / BDS|
|Scheduled Tribes ( Hills ) [ ST ( H ) ]||5% of total State Quota seats in MBBS / BDS|
|Sons / daughters / brothers / sisters of the Martyrs of the Assam movement ( Mtr. ).||2 seats in MBBS|
|Sons / daughters / brothers / sisters of persons killed in extremist violence in Assam ( Ext.V ).||2 seats in MBBS|
|Sons / Daughters of Socially, Economically and Educationally backward classes ordinarily residing in areas covered by the Assam State Char Areas Development Authority. ( CA )||4 seat in MBBS|
|Children of tea – garden / Ex – tea garden communities / tribes ( TGL / Ex – TGL )||8 Seats in MBBS Course and 1( one ) seat in BDS|
|Reservation for Ex – Servicemen and Serving Defence Personnel hailing from Assam ( ExS / SDP )||2 seats of MBBS|
|Sons / daughters / brothers / sisters / grandsons / grand daughters of freedom – fighters of the State ( FF )||2 seats in MBBS|
|Moran community ( Moran )||2 seats in MBBS|
|Motak community ( Motak )||2 seats in MBBS|
|Physically Handicapped ( PH )||3% seats in MBBS|
Reservation of maximum of 3% of seats of MBBS should be kept for the candidates with Physical Disability :
Provided that the aforesaid 3% reservation for Physically Handicapped Category in MBBS Courses is not a separate reservation over and above other reservation. If the disabled candidate belongs to reserved categories such as SC / ST / OBC / MOBC or General and any other category, he / she shall be adjusted against the category to which he/she belongs.
Only the persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs and having between 50% to 70% of disability shall be eligible for this Quota :
In case if there is dearth of candidates in the range of 50% to 70% disability of lower limbs under Physically Disabled Category then candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% shall be considered for admission.