ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2018
The Indian Council of Medical Research ( ICMR ) Junior Research Fellowship ( JRF ) Examination is the first step in the process of admission to the Ph.D / Research Programme. Test for ICMR JRF fellowship conducted at the 12 Centres viz. Bengaluru Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Srinagar ( J&K ) and Varanasi once in a year on 2nd / 3rd Sunday in July each year. The award of JRF is made on merit basis by holding an entrance examination after issuing a country wide admission notice. The admission notice is published in leading English Newspapers of India usually during March /April.
ICMR in collaboration with PGIMER, Chandigarh will hold a National level examination on 22nd July, 2018 for determining the eligibility of Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships ( JRF ) through Indian Council of Medical Research. The award of Junior Research Fellowship to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding placement in a medical college / hospital / university / national laboratory / institution of higher learning and research as applicable.
A total of 150 Fellowships would be awarded. ( 120 fellowships would be awarded for work in the field of biomedical sciences with emphasis on Life Sciences ( like microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, Pharmacology, zoology, botany, Environmental Sciences and veterinary sciences etc ). 30 ( Thirty ) fellowships would be awarded for work with emphasis on Social Sciences like psychology, Sociology, Home Science, Statistics Anthropology, Social work and Health Economics.
- Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for life sciences and the second for those candidates qualifying for social sciences, will be made on the basis of their performance in the above test.
- The candidates selected for the JRF programme of ICMR would be permitted to enroll themselves for the Ph.D. programme in subjects of biomedical / health research of any University / Medical college recognized by the UGC / MCI. The validity of fellowship awarded to a candidate will be one year.
Another 100 candidates would be selected for consideration for positions of JRF under various research schemes of ICMR ( subject to fulfilling the conditions for appointment under the schemes ) for the duration of that scheme. These JRFs would also be permitted to complete Ph.D. while working in the scheme, if enrolled. The validity of result will be two years for placement in ICMR funded projects.
SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped ( PH ) applicants will be given such special consideration as per policy guidelines.
The successful candidates would be notified by post, Internet in the First week of September, 2018. The list would also be available on the ICMR Website www.icmr.nic.in.
ICMR JRF Eligibility 2018
M.Sc, / M.A. or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks for General / OBC Candidates and 50% for the SC / ST & physically handicapped candidates in the subjects mentioned under the head method of selection.
A candidate who is appearing / has appeared in the final year ( IV / VI Semester whichever is applicable, and final year where Semester system is not there ) of M.Sc. / M.A. or Equivalent Examination during the session ( 2017 – 2018 ) can also apply for the test as RA ( Result Awaited ). Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format ( given in the end of application ) duly certified by the Head of the Department / Institute over his / her signature and rubber stamp ( with address and name ) where he / she is appearing in the final year examination.
However, such candidates shall be admitted to the Test provisionally and shall be considered eligible for JRF only after they submit the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination with requisite percentage. The MSc / MA or equivalent degree mark sheet must be submitted to ICMR, latest by 30th September, 2018 otherwise candidature will automatically be forfeited.
ICMR JRF 2018 Age Limit
The age limit for admission to the eligibility test is 28 years as on 30th September, 2018 ( upper age limit relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST, physically handicapped ( PH ) and female candidates, 3 years in the case of OBC category.
To know more about ICMR JRF Eligibility Click Here
ICMR JRF 2018 Exam Scheme
The test will consist of one paper of 2 hours duration. The paper will consist of 2 Sections. The Aptitude Section ( Section A ) will have 50 questions on
- Scientific phenomenon in everyday life;
- General knowledge in sciences; and
- Common statistics.
All these questions would be compulsory with each question carrying 1 mark. The subject Specific Section ( Section B & C ) would pertain to (B) Life Sciences and (C) Social Sciences. The candidate may attempt questions in either of the two areas. Each area of section B & C would have 100 questions and the candidate may attempt any 75 questions in the pre designed area of Section B or C. if, a candidate attempts more than 75 questions, then first 75 attempted questions will only be considered for evaluation. Candidates are required to indicate the option for Section B or C in the application form too.
Each question carries one mark. Negative marking @ 0.25 will be made for each of the wrong answer. The questions in both the sections would appear in English only. The qualifying marks will be 55% obtained in both the sections ( A+B or C ) for General Category and OBC and 50% for SC / ST and physically handicapped.
ICMR JRF PhD Test will be held in the following streams
- Aptitude test ( common for all )
- Life Sciences
- Social Sciences.
Subjects covered under Life Sciences include microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, zoology, botany, environmental sciences and veterinary science ( excluding Agriculture extension / Soil Sciences ). Subjects covered under Social Sciences include psychology, sociology, anthropology, social work, home sciences, statistics and Health economics.
ICMR JRF Syllabus 2018
- As prescribed by UGC.
- A dummy sample question paper for ICMR JRFs Examination is available on PGIMER / ICMR Website http://pgimer.edu.in
ICMR JRF Application Form 2018
- Candidates are required to apply online through PGIMER, Chandigarh website http://pgimer.edu.in or ICMR New Delhi website www.icmr.nic.in. No other means / mode of application ( through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc. ) will be accepted.
- Firstly ensure that you have a valid personal email ID. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying Online. You should keep checking the inbox or even the spam box of this email id regularly during the Admission process as PGIMER may send intimations related to admissions etc. through this.
- Candidate will be required to submit the following with application. Please keep them ready before you submit the application :
- Photograph ( Jpeg format – Max. Size 50Kb )
- Signature ( with black pen ) ( Jpeg format – Max. Size 50Kb )
- Category ( SC / ST / OBC / PH ) Certificate ( If applicable )
- Appearing Certificate from Head of the Institution for those candidates who will be appearing in M.Sc. / MA final examination of 2017 – 2018.
- Scan your Photograph and Signatures ( On white page with black ball point ) individually and save them individually in 2×1.5” JPEG format. The size of any of these individual images should not exceed 50 kb each; otherwise you will not be able to submit your online application. Also scan your caste / category ( SC / ST / OBC / PH / VH ) Certificate and appearing certificate ( if applicable ) separately and save them in single page PDF format.
- Fill the application form details and pay requisite fee can only be deposited in any of State Bank of India branches as PGIMER has only nominated State Bank of India for Collection of fee. Fee paid in any other bank or in any other format ( Cheque, Postal Order, Demand Draft etc.) will not be accepted
Based on the category in which you intend to apply, the following Fees will have to be paid
- General & OBC : 1000/-
- SC / ST / OPH : 800/-
For Candidates seeking Fee concession
- A SC / ST candidate should submit a copy of the caste certificate about being SC / ST issued by the prescribed authority of Govt. of India, in English or Hindi. In case the caste / category certificate is in regional language the candidate should enclose an English / Hindi translation of the same duly notarised by a notary with the request for application form. For allowing concessions in this regard, ICMR follows only Central Govt. lists and not State Govt. list. The SC / ST candidates should ensure from the competent authority issuing the caste certificate that their communities are enlisted in the common list of the Govt. of India.
- A physically handicapped ( PH ) person should submit along with his / her application a copy of certificate about being handicapped obtained from a government hospital / Medical Board duly attested with Rubber stamp / seal by the Gazetted Officer with the request for application form.
- An applicant claiming fee concession ( and received by the ICMR within the closing date ) but without an attested copy of a valid SC / ST / OBC / PH certificate, will be summarily rejected.
Application fee paid for a particular examination will neither be adjusted for any subsequent examination nor refundable under any circumstances.
To know more about ICMR JRF Application Form Click Here
ICMR JRF 2018 Exam Centres
|Srinagar ( J&K )||11|
ICMR JRF Results 2018
ICMR JRF 2018 Exam Date
Indian Council for Medical Research JRF 2018 Entrance Exam will be conducted on 22nd July, 2018.
ICMR JRF 2018 Result Date
ICMR JRF Result 2018 : ICMR JRF Results likely to be declared in the month of August, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your ICMR JRF Results 2018…
To know more about ICMR JRF Results Click Here
ICMR JRF 2018 Important Dates
|1||Date of opening of Registration||12th April, 2018|
|2||Last date for filling of online application for ICMR JRF 2018||15th May, 2018|
|3||Late date of fee deposit in Bank||18th May, 2018|
|4||ICMR JRF 2018 Date of Entrance Examination ( Tentative )||22nd July, 2018|
Indian Council for Medical Research,
Ramal Ingaswari Bhawan,
Ansari Nagar, Post Box : 4911,
New Delhi – 110 029,
Website : www.icmr.nic.in