Karnatak University Entrance Exam 2017
Karnatak University conduct KUD Entrance Exam for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Program for academic session ( 2017- 2018 ).
KUD Entrance Exam 2017
Karnatak University invites applications for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy ( Ph.D. ) in the prescribed form, are invited from the eligible candidates for the year 2017 – 18.
Modes of the KUD Ph.D. Program
- A candidate may register either for full-time or part-time Ph.D. programme.
- Full-time Ph.D. programme shall be undertaken by an eligible candidate who will work on regular basis in the department till the submission of the thesis.
- Part time Ph.D. programme shall be undertaken by an eligible candidate who does not prefer to pursue research on regular basis in the department till the submission of the thesis.
A teacher fellow ( On QIP / FIP Programme ) shall work on a regular basis in the Department / Research Centre during the period of Fellowship. A candidate shall submit duly filledin application form along with necessary documents to the Chairman of the concerned Department on or before 28th October, 2017.
KUD 2017 Eligibility
Any candidate who has obtained a Post-Graduate Degree from a recognized University including foreign candidates ( sponsored by their Embassies ) and sponsored candidates securing not less than 55% marks ( 50% for SC / ST / Cat-I / Physically challenged candidates ) at the Post-Graduate Degree shall be eligible to apply for the Ph.D. Programme.
In case of candidates appointed on regular basis prior to March 31, 1992 as teachers, librarians and physical education personnel in Colleges and University Departments, the minimum marks shall be 50% ( 45% for SC / ST / Cat-I/ ) provided they ( i.e., employees ) are continuing in service at the time of submission of application for registration.
If the results of Master’s Degree are declared in the form of grades / credits / cumulative points in their marks cards / transcripts, such grades / points shall be converted into percentages to assess theminimum eligibility criteria
KUD 2017 Exam Pattern
All the applicants possessing the minimum percentage of marks at their P.G. Degree as specified in Regulations shall appear for the Entrance Test.
However, (a) Government sponsored foreign candidates, (b) candidates who have cleared the UGC / UGC-CSIR JRF Test / NET / SLET ( Karnataka ) / GATE / GRE / M.Phil ( Admitted through an Entrance Test ) shall be exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Maximum marks for Entrance Test : 100 marks
- Nature of questions : Multiple Choice Questions.
- Number of Questions : 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark, 50% of the questions shall be from Research Methodology and the remaining 50% from the cognate / core subjects. The Department Council shall prepare the course inputs for the Entrance Test.
The 50 Questions on Research Methodology shall consist of data interpretation, language comprehension and test of reasoning. The other 50 Questions shall be based on current syllabus of cognate / core subjects.
- Duration of Entrance Test : 120 minutes.
KUD 2017 Syllabus
Syllabus for KUD Entrance Test : Research Methodology and Cognate / Core subjects of the P.G. Department conducting the Entrance Test.
KUD 2017 Exam Center
KUD Entrance Examination will be held in Respective P.G Departments.
To know more about KUD Entrance Exam Click Here
KUD 2017 Application Form
Karnatak University application form with details can be obtained as follows :
1. Application Form and the bank challan ( bank challan should be downloaded and printed in legal size paper ) from the website www.kud.ac.in or www.kudacademics.org and the duly filled-in application form, along with all enclosures ( including the original copy of the challan for Application Processing fee and Entrance Test fees if applicable ) shall be submitted to the Chairman of the Concerned Department at K.U. Dharwad.
2. Karnatak University fees details are as under :
- Application fees : 1,815/- ( . 910/- for SC / ST / Cat-I full time candidates only ).
- Account No: State Bank of India : 11605259865 IFSC Code: SBIN0001728 Syndicate Bank : 1206216000030 IFSC Code: SYNB0001206
3. The candidates have to remit the prescribed fees in State Bank of India / Syndicate Bank of KUD by downloading the appropriate challan ( online / offline ). The Account No. and IFSC code are also mentioned in the challans. The candidates should attach the 2nd and 3rd part of the challan along with the application form. Duly filled in application form along with all the necessary enclosures should be submitted to the Chairman of the concerned P.G. Department, K.U. Dharwad.
KUD 2017 Merit List
1. The Government sponsored foreign candidates, candidates who have cleared the UGC-JRF / UGC-CSIR-JRF / GATE / GRE / NET / SLET ( Karnataka ) / M.Phil ( Admitted through an Entrance Test) shall be placed first in the Consolidated Merit List based on ( Merit ) their percentage of marks secured by them at their qualifying ( MA / M.Sc. / M.Com etc. ) examination.
2. After the Entrance Test, merit list of the candidates shall be prepared as per Merit on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test and marks obtained in the qualifying examination in the ratio of 50:50. However, the candidate has to secure a minimum of 50% marks ( 45% for SC / ST / Cat-I ) in the Entrance Test.
3. Names that appear in the Merit Lists shall be considered for the present vacancies only.
4. The Candidates whose names appear in the merit shall attend Interview in Respective Departments. Attending the Interview is mandatory. Eligibility to appear for the interview shall not be considered as confirmation of registration for Ph.D.
To know more about KUD Application Form Click Here
KUD 2017 Results
KUD 2017 Exam Date
Karnatak University PhD Entrance Exam will be conducted on 04th November, 2017.
KUD 2017 Result Date
KUD PhD Result likely to be declared in the month of November, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your KUD PhD Results 2017…
To know more about KUD Result Click Here
KUD PhD 2017 Important Dates
|1||Issue of KUD Application Forms||11th October, 2017 Wednesday|
|2||Last date for the receipt of KUD application||28th October, 2017 Saturday|
|3||Date of KUD Entrance Test||04th November, 2017 Saturday|
|4||Announcement of the List of Qualified Candidates||11th November, 2017 Saturday|
|5||Date of Interview||18th November, 2017 Saturday|
|6||Meeting of the Doctoral Committee of all Faculties||20th November, 2017 To 29th November, 2017 Monday To Wednesday|
Dharwad – 580 003,
Karnataka State, India,
Phone No. : 0836 – 2215252,
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,