KUD Entrance Exam 2021
Karnatak University invites applications for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy ( Ph.D. ) in the prescribed form, are invited from the eligible candidates for the year 2021 – 2022
Modes of the KUD Ph.D. Program
- A candidate may register either for full-time or part-time Ph.D. programme.
- Full-time Ph.D. programme shall be undertaken by an eligible candidate who will work on regular basis in the department till the submission of the thesis.
- Part time Ph.D. programme shall be undertaken by an eligible candidate who does not prefer to pursue research on regular basis in the department till the submission of the thesis.
A teacher fellow ( On QIP / FIP Programme ) shall work on a regular basis in the Department / Research Centre during the period of Fellowship. A candidate shall submit duly filledin application form along with necessary documents to the Chairman of the concerned Department on or before October, 2021.
KUD 2021 Eligibility
Any candidate who has obtained a Post-Graduate Degree from a recognized University including foreign candidates ( sponsored by their Embassies ) and sponsored candidates securing not less than 55% marks ( 50% for SC / ST / Cat-I / Physically challenged candidates ) at the Post-Graduate Degree shall be eligible to apply for the Ph.D. Programme.
In case of candidates appointed on regular basis prior to March 31, 1992 as teachers, librarians and physical education personnel in Colleges and University Departments, the minimum marks shall be 50% ( 45% for SC / ST / Cat-I/ ) provided they ( i.e., employees ) are continuing in service at the time of submission of application for registration.
If the results of Master’s Degree are declared in the form of grades / credits / cumulative points in their marks cards / transcripts, such grades / points shall be converted into percentages to assess theminimum eligibility criteria
KUD 2021 Exam Pattern
All the applicants possessing the minimum percentage of marks at their P.G. Degree as specified in Regulations 1.1 and 1.2 shall appear for the Entrance Test.
However, (a) Government sponsored foreign candidates, (b) candidates who have cleared the UGC / UGC-CSIR JRF Test / NET / SLET ( Karnataka ) / GATE / GRE / M.Phil ( Admitted through an Entrance Test ) shall be exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Maximum marks for Entrance Test : 100 marks
- Nature of questions : Multiple Choice Questions.
- Number of Questions : 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark, 50% of the questions shall be from Research Methodology and the remaining 50% from the cognate / core subjects. The Department Council shall prepare the course inputs for the Entrance Test.
The 50 Questions on Research Methodology shall consist of data interpretation, language comprehension and test of reasoning. The other 50 Questions shall be based on current syllabus of cognate / core subjects.
- Duration of Entrance Test : 120 minutes.
KUD 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus for KUD Entrance Test : Research Methodology and Cognate / Core subjects of the P.G. Department conducting the Entrance Test.
KUD 2021 Exam Center
KUD Entrance Examination will be held in Respective P.G Departments.
Dharwad – 580 003,
Karnataka State, India,
Phone No. : 0836 – 2215252,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.