Kerala MDS Entrance Exam Date 2018Entrance Exam » Kerala CEE »
Important : Kerala CEE MDS 2018 Entrance Examination will be based on NEET Score.
Kerala CEE MDS 2018 Entrance Exam
The Director of Medical Education, ( DME ) Government of Kerala admits students to Post Graduate courses in Dental Surgery ( MDS Master of Dental Surgery ) in eight different specialties, conducted in the Government Dental Colleges at Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode and Kottayam and to Govt seats in the Self financing Dental Colleges in the State, duly approved by DCI and who have consensually agreed for seat sharing with Government.
Kerala MDS 2018 Course Duration
The academic duration of the course shall be three calendar years ( 36 months ) from the date of commencement of the course. No reduction in the duration of the course shall be granted.
The date of commencement of the Course and the last date of completion of admission process will be as per the time schedule fixed by the Government of India / Supreme Court of India. For this purpose, the time schedule annexed with DCI Regulations, 2006 as amended from time to time will be strictly adhered to. Accordingly, the MDS Courses will start on May 2018. The last date of admission shall be 31st May, 2018.
There shall be no admission of students in respect of any MDS course beyond 31st May, 2018 under any circumstances. The Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur shall not register any student admitted after the said date. The Kerala State Admission Supervisory / Regulatory Committee or the Dental Council of India ( DCI ) may direct, that any student identified as having obtained admission after the last date of closure of admission to be summarily discharged from the course of study, or any dental specialty qualification granted to such a student shall not be a recognized qualification for the purpose of registration under the Indian Dentists Act, 1948.
Any Self financing institution which grants admission to any student after the last date specified for the same, and in violation of condition of admissions as prescribed by DCI or by the State shall also be liable to face such action as may be prescribed by Kerala State Admission Supervisory Committee or DCI including surrender of seats equivalent to the extent of such admission made from its sanctioned intake capacity for the succeeding academic year. Further, Kerala University of Health Sciences may also take steps to dis-affiliate such Colleges who violate / repeatedly violate the said rule.
Kerala MDS 2018 Eligibility
All candidates including Service Quota candidates seeking admission to Post Graduate Dental courses in the State of Kerala for the academic year 2018-19 shall have to qualify the National Eligibility –Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate Dental Courses ( NEET MDS 2018 ) conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi and should figure in the rank list prepared by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
In order to be eligible for admission to any Post Graduate Dental course in 2018-19, it shall be necessary for candidates including those who apply under Service Quota to obtain a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in the NEET MDS 2018. However in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste ( SC ), Scheduled Tribes ( ST ), Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( SEBC ), the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile.
Rank and Category lists shall be prepared by the CEE based on the NEET MDS 2017 as per the eligibility provisions contained in the Prospectus for admission to MDS 2018.
Qualifying Professional – BDS Examination
- The candidate / applicant must be an Indian National / Person of Indian Origin,
- Possessing a BDS degree from an approved Dental College and duly awarded by any one of the Universities in Kerala or duly recognized by the Government of India as equivalent thereto under the Indian Dentists Act, 1948 and who has.
- Obtained permanent registration from the Kerala State Dental Council after passing the final BDS examination or its equivalent there to with eligibility for full Registration in Kerala State Dental Council in all respects, and has,
- Completed one year ( 12 months ) Compulsory Rotating Internship in an approved / recognized Dental College shall be eligible.
- Applicants who have completed or who will complete one year Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship ( CRRI ) as per DCI Regulations on or before 31st March, 2018 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Admission to the candidate will be given only on the production of the Registration of Kerala State Dental Council in original, and in the case of those already registered, on producing an up to date, annual valid renewal certificate of the Registration in the Kerala State Dental Council.
The condition of one year Compulsory Rotating Internship is not applicable to those candidates who had passed their final BDS Examination on or before 1988 and hold a BDS Degree from a Dental College duly recognized by the Dental Council of India and have obtained provisional or permanent registration from the Kerala State Dental Council.
However, a candidate who, after passing the final qualifying examination ( BDS or the foreign dental degree recognized by GOI / DCI ), is undergoing 12 month compulsory rotating internship / practical training and is likely to complete the same by 31st March, 2018 can take up the P.G. Dental ( MDS ) Entrance Examination, Kerala, but he / she shall not be eligible for admission unless he / she has completed the compulsory rotating internship and obtained permanent registration on or before 31st March, 2018 or the candidate produces a certificate from the head of Institution that he / she will be completing internship by 31st March, 2018.
No condonation of CRR – Internship of 12 months period shall be accepted except in respect of :
- The students of the batch admitted during the academic session 2007 – 2008 and have completed 4½ year BDS Course along with 06 months compulsory rotating internship and
- The students admitted during the academic session 2006-2007 at Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University those have completed 05 years BDS Course without internship. Further, the dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Internship i.e. starting date, completion date, shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Internship completion certificate at the time of counselling.
The cut off dates for the recognition of the Dental Colleges, from where the candidates have passed their BDS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2018 will be October, 2017. The Colleges recognized after this date will not be considered.
Candidates who are already pursuing an MDS Course in Kerala State in any University or in another University outside the State are not eligible for admission unless / till they complete the course duration of the MDS course which is 3 years / 36 calendar months. Such candidates who are already pursuing MDS Courses in seats secured through either the All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat in the Kerala State pool MDS seats in 2018, are however at liberty to vacate the seat so occupied by them by paying liquidated damages as prescribed for the seat occupied by them as per the Prospectus of the year of their admission, failing which they will be refused for admission in 2017. Such candidates may opt for the specialty subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
Applicants should satisfy any of the following conditions :
- Be an Indian Citizen of Kerala Origin. Persons of Indian Origin ( PIO ) / Overseas Citizen of India ( OCI ) Card Holders will be treated on par with Indian Citizens for the limited purpose of admission. However, PIO / OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Candidates, who are sons / daughters of Non – Keralite parents and have obtained BDS degree from any of the Dental Colleges in Kerala State but they will not be eligible for communal / PD reservation benefits.
There is no upper age limit for General Quota ( GQ ) candidates.
For Service Quota candidates, other than from Medical Education Services Quota ( MESQ ), whose retirement age is 56 years the upper age limit will be 48 years for Post Graduate Degree Courses as on January, 2018. But for those candidates in the service of DHS, who submit a bond ( [rupee] 100/- non judicial stamp paper ) at the time of admission, that they shall serve the Government of Kerala in any capacity which the Government deems fit after their retirement, up to the age of 60 years ( the retirement age in MES and IMS ),as per the terms and conditions prescribed by the Government and that they will not take up employment elsewhere during this period if the government has requisitioned their services, the upper age limit of such service candidates drawn from DHS will be 52 years for PG Degree course
Form MESQ candidates, upper age limit will be 52 years as on January, 2018.