KVAFSU Entrance Exam 2017
Karnataka Veterinary Animal and Fisheries Sciences University applications are invited from the eligible candidates as on the last date prescribed for submission of filled in application for admission to the following Master and Doctoral Degree programmes at constituent colleges of the KVAFS University for the Academic year 2017 – 18.
KVAFSU 2017 Eligibility
Master Degree program
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in the concerned discipline with a minimum OGPA of 6.00 / 10.00 from a recognized University. In case of candidates belonging to SC / ST / Cat-I, a minimum OGPA of 5.50 / 10.00 is adequate.
Candidate should produce character & conduct certificate issued by the Dean’s of the respective college.
Outside state students are considered on merit if the seats are fallen vacant after the seat allocation to Karnataka state students.
Doctoral Degree Program
Master’s Degree in respective SUBJECT / allied subjects.
OGPA of 6.50 / 10.00 or equivalent OGPA / equivalent percentage of marks for general category and 6.00 / 10.00 or equivalent OGPA / equivalent percentage of marks for SC / ST / Caste-I / candidates at Master’s degree level.
The candidates who have studied under the Trimester system and seeking admission for Ph.D. programmes are required to compulsorily submit the equivalent percentage certificate ( Master’s degree ) obtained from their respective Universities / Institutions.
Domicile requirement is not applicable for candidates of other states seeking admission to Ph.D. programmes.
Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. degree programme shall apply for only one subject, and are required to appear for written entrance examination of 100 marks in the concerned subject and secure a minimum of 50 per cent of marks ( 35 per cent in case of SC / ST & Cat-I ) to qualify.
Those candidates who do not secure minimum qualifying marks will become ineligible for admission, including in-service candidates.
Choice of Subject / Streams by the Candidates
- A candidate with B.V.Sc. & A.H degree may choose both Veterinary & Animal Science for seeking admission to Master’s degree programme & one subject for Doctoral degree programme based on the eligibility criteria given by the University in this prospectus.
- Change of subjects / streams opted will not be permitted after final submission of the online application.
- Seat matrix for seat allotment in different Colleges of KVAFSU.
- Conversion of the unfilled seats under H-K category will pass to H-K GM and then to Karnataka GM.
To know more about KVAFSU Eligibility Click Here
KVAFSU 2017 Reservation of Seats
- Reservation of seats in favour of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Category – I and Other Backward Categories will be ensured as per the reservation policy of the Government of Karnataka. Candidates who claim reservation should furnish a valid certificate issued by the competent authority.
- If any seats reserved in favour of candidates belonging to any of the categories referred to above are not filled up due to non – availability of eligible candidates belonging to such category, the reservation to that extent shall stand reduced and shall be transferred to the General Merit Category.
- A few seats are set apart for Foreign Nationals ( FN ) / Non – Resident Indians ( NRIs ) / NRI – sponsored candidates to Masters / Doctoral programs. Candidates belonging to Foreign Nationals shall send their applications along with their Bio – data through ICAR or Agencies / Consultants nominated by ICAR / GOI, New Delhi, through their embassies. The NRIs / NRI sponsored candidates should send their application along with their bio – data & proof of their NRI status, through Indian Embassies of respective countries, to the following address for verification and confirmation of their eligibility as per regulations governing Postgraduate program :
- A provision has been made to reserve one seat per discipline in Master / Doctoral degree program for candidates deputed by Government of Karnataka / Government of India, wherever such degree programs are offered. The deputed Candidates shall compulsorily forward their application through their employer within the last date prescribed for submission of filled -in application for admission failing which their application shall not be considered for admission. Further, such candidates shall also submit their Study Leave / Deputation / Relief Order for under taking higher studies compulsorily at the time of Registration.
- The reservations of the seats in favour of candidate belonging to Hyderabad – Karnataka Region will be ensured as per reservation policy of Government of Karnataka. Candidates who claim reservation should furnish valid certificate issued by the competent authority.
KVAFSU Exam Pattern 2017
Master’s Degree Program :
- All eligible candidates shall have to appear for a written test of 100 marks in one of the subject groups ( Group A – D ) listed under given intake. Nominees of ICAR and GOI, Foreign Nationals, NRIs and NRI sponsored candidates are exempted from taking the written test.
- KVAFSU written test for admission to Master degree program will be of undergraduate level and will contain 100 objective type questions with four responses. Each question will carry 1.0 mark and the examination will be of 2 hours duration.
- All questions in each group ( Group A – D ) shall be drawn equally from the subjects of that group.
- KVAFSU admission to entrance test does not confer on the candidates the right of admission to the Master program.
- Candidates appearing for the written test will have to come to the examination centre on their own expenses. University is not responsible for any expenses of the applicants irrespective of their eligibility / ineligibility.
- KVAFSU Written Test is scheduled on 28th Septemper, 2017 forenoon at Veterinary College, Nandinagar Campus, KVAFSU, Bidar – 585 401, Karnataka.
Doctoral Programs :
- All eligible candidates seeking admission to Doctoral degree program shall have to appear for a written test on the subject which they have studied at Master degree level. The written test paper will contain 100 objective questions and each question will carry one mark. The duration of written test is 2 hours. ICAR / GOI nominees, Foreign Nationals, NRIs / NRI – sponsored are exempted from taking the written test.
- KVAFSU Admission to entrance test does not confer on the candidate the right of admission to the Doctoral program.
- Candidates appearing for the written test will have to come to the examination centre on their own expense.
- KVAFSU Written Test is scheduled on 28th Septemper, 2017 forenoon at Veterinary College, Nandinagar Campus, KVAFSU, Bidar – 585 401.
To know more about KVAFSU Exam Pattern Click Here
KVAFSU 2017 Application Form
How to Apply
The application complete in all respects including copies of transcripts / marks card / certificates etc., should be sent to the following address on or before 21st September, 2017.
Animal & Fisheries Sciences University,
Nandinagar, P.B. No.6,
Bidar – 585 401,
Candidates have to pay the prescribed fees online to the A/c No. 3158101000005, Canara Bank N.N. Branch, KVAFSU, Bidar, IFS Code : CNRB0003158, MICR Code : 585015104, Account holder Comptroller, Karnataka Veterinary Animal & Fisheries Sciences University ( KVAFSU ) Bidar immediately after the allotment of seats. After the last date is over the unfilled seats will be included in the notification for the next round option entry.
Fees once paid will not be refunded. However, if a candidate cancels his / her admission, the Caution Money paid will be refunded after following the respective Universities procedures.
- Admission Ticket Number will be allotted to all candidates and will be placed on the University website on 25th September, 2017. The candidates should invariably enter the Admission Ticket Number on OMR Sheet used for answering questions.
- Candidates must carry photo ID proof at the time of Entrance Examination. It may be ID card issued by College last attended, passport, Aadhar Card, Driving License or Voter ID card.
- The last date for uploading OGPA certificates of Master’s degree is 4th October, 2017.
- Request for change of Centre for appearing in the Entrance Examination will not be entertained.
- Candidates should provide the definite Email ID, Aadhar Number and Permanent Address.
- Phone number & E-Mail ID once given by the candidates in the application form during filling up of the online application should not be changed / altered as all the instructions, SMS alerts during the online counselling process are communicated to the candidates to the same contact number & E-mail ID provided in the application.
To know more about KVAFSU Application Form Click Here
KVAFSU 2017 Exam Centres
Entrance Examination will be conducted for Master’s degree on 28th September, 2017 between 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM for Animal Science, Fisheries & Dairy and between 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM for Veterinary Science.
Entrance Examination will be conducted for Doctoral degree programme on 28th September, 2017 between 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
The Entrance Examination will be conducted at the following centers :
|01||BENGALURU ( VCH )|
|02||BIDAR ( VCB )|
|03||MANGALORE ( CFM )|
Candidates seeking admission for M.V.Sc / M.F.Sc / M.Sc / Ph.D. programme can opt any centre of their choice mentioned above.
No separate intimation will be sent to candidates regarding the date/time of Entrance Examination.
KVAFSU 2017 Selection Process
Merit list will be prepared based on the following criteria :
|S.No||Item||Marks allotted for|
|1||Weightage to the extent of 50% of marks in aggregate in the |
For the purpose of eligibility for admission to Postgraduate Degree Program, a satisfactory character and conduct certificate from the University / College from where the candidate has obtained the Degree should be enclosed with the application.
KVAFSU 2017 Results
KVAFSU Exam Date
KVAFSU Entrance Exam will be conducted on 28th Semptemper, 2017.
KVAFSU Result Date
KVAFSU Entrance Exam 2017 Result will be declared on 7th October, 2017.
Please keep watching this page, to check your KVAFSU Results 2017…
To know more about KVAFSU Results Click Here
KVAFSU 2017 Important Dates
|1||Notification in Newspaper||31st August, 2017|
|2||Commencement of filling-up applications online||5th September, 2017|
|3||Last date for filling-up online applications||21st September, 2017|
|4||Downloading of Hall ticket for Entrance Test||25th September, 2017|
|5||Entrance Test||28th September, 2017|
|6||Announcement of Marks list of Entrance Test||4th October, 2017|
|7||Last date for uploading Masters OGPA in the online for |
|4th October, 2017|
|8||Verification of online applications & relevant documents||Up to 5th October, 2017|
|9||Announcement of Provisional Merit list||7th October, 2017|
|10||1st Round Allotment Online Option Entry||Will be announced later|
|11||Commencement of Semester||23rd October, 2017|
Karnataka Veterinary Animal and Fisheries Sciences University,
Nandinagar, P.B.No. 6,
Karnataka ( India ).
Telephone No : + 91-8482-245241,
Fax No : 91-8482-245107 /245241,
Website : www.kvafsu.kar.nic.in , www.kvafsu.edu.in.