|Home Page||Exam Pattern||Application Form||Results|
KVAFSU 2021 Eligibility
Post-Graduate Facilities at Different Campuses:
I. Veterinary College, Bengaluru
The Veterinary College, Bengaluru earlier known as Mysore Veterinary College, was started in the year 1958 and was affiliated to University of Mysore. In 1964, it became a constituent college of University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore and subsequently, it became part of KVAFSU in April, 2004. The college is offering Master’s and Doctoral Degree Programme in selected subjects since 1966.
II. Veterinary College, Bidar.
The College was established in 1984 under University of Agricultural Sciences Bangalore and become a constituent college of University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad on 1986 and a constituent college of KVASFU in April 2004. The College is offering Master’s and Doctoral degree programmes in selected subjects from academic year 1995-96.
III. Veterinary College, Shivamogga.
The College was established in 2006 and a constituent college of KVASFU, Bidar. The College is offering Master degree programmes in selected subjects from academic year 2015-16.
IV. Veterinary College, Hassan
The College was established in 2007 and a constituent college of KVASFU, Bidar. The College is offering Master degree programmes in selected subjects from academic year 2017-18
V. Dairy Science College, Bengaluru.
The Dairy Science College, Bengaluru which came into existence as a constituent college of University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru offers Master Degree Programme, since 1986 in the disciplines of Dairy Chemistry, Dairy Microbiology and Dairy Technology. The Doctoral Programme in these disciplines was introduced during the Academic Year 1988-89.
VI. College of Fisheries, Mangaluru.
In order to give greater thrust to Fisheries sector in the state, the College of Fisheries which isfirst of its kind in the country was established in the coastal city of Mangaluru in 1969 to address the problems faced by fishermen and fishery industry. Master’s and Doctoral programmes were started in 1975 and 1979 respectively. The college has many nationally and internationally funded research projects which helped in the establishment of state of the art research and analytical facilities for PG research.
VII. Institute of Animal Health and Veterinary Biologicals, Bengaluru.
The institute was started as Mysore Serum Institute in 1928 by the erstwhile Maharaja of Mysore to provide hyper immune serum for the control of Rinderpest disease in the state. It has large scale facility to manufacture a variety of vaccines and biologicals. The facilities available in this institute are made available to Post-Graduate students of the University for their research work. aglasem.com
2.0 Master Degree Programme
2.1 Eligibility Criteria for admission to Master degree programme as per ICAR:
a. Candidate shall possess a Bachelor degree in the respective subject from recognized farm University /ICAR recognized Institute.
b. Candidate shall have 6.00/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of marks for general category and 5.50/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of marks for SC/ST/Cat-I candidates at bachelor degree level.
c. Candidate for master degree programme should be a citizen of India and must have studied in any educational institution(s) in Karnataka State for a period of not less than seven academic years at any time up to the Bachelor degree as on 1st July of the admission year. [Not applicable to candidates who are GOK, GOI, ICAR nominees, NRIs and Foreign Nationals (FN)]. However, in the event of candidates not available in a particular subject then the domicile requirement of seven years could be relaxed to outside state candidates in respect of admission to master degree programme of the University. The domicile requirement is not applicable for admission to doctoral degree programme.
The criteria prescribed above shall not apply in case of candidates who fulfill any one of the following, provided appropriate certificates of proof are furnished in support of their claim. In what follows, children means only ‘natural born’ children and adopted ones as per the norms and regulations followed for adopting the child.
I. Children of Defence personnel, Central Government employees/Statutory Corporation set up, owned or controlled by the Central / Karnataka State Government serving on duty in the State both on the date of submission of the application and during the period of atleast 12 months immediately before such date.
II. Children of State Government employees including children of Members of the All India Services born on the Karnataka State Cadre who:
a. are serving or have served outside the state of Karnataka on deputation during the relevant period.
b. are in the service of the state on the date of making the application or have retired from the service prior to the date of submission of the application.
III. Children of working or retired employees of Central or State Government or Joint undertaking where employees:
a. had declared to the Central Government any place in Karnataka State to be his/her home town.
b. Had either studied in any educational institution in the State of Karnataka run or recognized by the Government of Karnataka for not less then seven years at any time prior to the last date fixed for receipt of application or has passed Bachelor degree in Karnataka.
IV. Children of serving Defence personnel or Ex-servicemen whose home address at the time of joining the defence service was in Karnataka. Proof of such domicile should be produced either by obtaining the extract from the record office of the defence units or a Certificate from the Rajya / District Sainik Board. aglasem.com 2.2 Mode of selection for Master degree programme: The selection of candidates shall be done on the basis of performance of the candidates as per following scheme of evaluation: extent ofChoice of Subject / Streams by the Candidates
- A candidate with B.V.Sc. & A.H degree may choose both Veterinary & Animal Science for seeking admission to Master’s degree programme & one subject for Doctoral degree programme based on the eligibility criteria given by the University in this prospectus.
- Change of subjects / streams opted will not be permitted after final submission of the online application.
- Seat matrix for seat allotment in different Colleges of KVAFSU.
- Conversion of the unfilled seats under H-K category will pass to H-K GM and then to Karnataka GM.
KVAFSU 2021 Reservation of Seats
- Reservation of seats in favour of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Category – I and Other Backward Categories will be ensured as per the reservation policy of the Government of Karnataka. Candidates who claim reservation should furnish a valid certificate issued by the competent authority.
- If any seats reserved in favour of candidates belonging to any of the categories referred to above are not filled up due to non – availability of eligible candidates belonging to such category, the reservation to that extent shall stand reduced and shall be transferred to the General Merit Category.
- A few seats are set apart for Foreign Nationals ( FN ) / Non – Resident Indians ( NRIs ) / NRI – sponsored candidates to Masters / Doctoral programs. Candidates belonging to Foreign Nationals shall send their applications along with their Bio – data through ICAR or Agencies / Consultants nominated by ICAR / GOI, New Delhi, through their embassies. The NRIs / NRI sponsored candidates should send their application along with their bio – data & proof of their NRI status, through Indian Embassies of respective countries, to the following address for verification and confirmation of their eligibility as per regulations governing Postgraduate program.
- A provision has been made to reserve one seat per discipline in Master / Doctoral degree program for candidates deputed by Government of Karnataka / Government of India, wherever such degree programs are offered. The deputed Candidates shall compulsorily forward their application through their employer within the last date prescribed for submission of filled -in application for admission failing which their application shall not be considered for admission. Further, such candidates shall also submit their Study Leave / Deputation / Relief Order for under taking higher studies compulsorily at the time of Registration.
- The reservations of the seats in favour of candidate belonging to Hyderabad – Karnataka Region will be ensured as per reservation policy of Government of Karnataka. Candidates who claim reservation should furnish valid certificate issued by the competent authority.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.