|Home Page||Entrance Exam||Eligibility||Syllabus||Application Form||Results|
MDU Admission Procedure 2018
The following procedure shall be followed for selection of the candidates for admission to various courses
- Mere possession of the prescribed academic qualifications does not entitle a candidate for admission to the course. Candidates would be required to fulfill all the conditions as spelt out in the Prospectus.
- The eligibility of the candidates shall be ascertained at the time of counseling in the case admissions are made on the basis of entrance test.
- Merit list of all the eligible candidates shall be prepared as per criteria given in the Prospectus and shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department / Institute concerned on the date(s) given in the Prospectus.
- If two or more candidates secure identical marks in the merit, their relative merit will be determined by the marks obtained by them in the entrance test if applicable / and then in the qualifying or equivalent examination. In case the marks in the qualifying or equivalent examination are also identical, the candidate senior in age will be given preference.
- Counseling for admission to the courses will be held at the Depts. / Institutes as per “Counseling Schedule” given in the Prospectus. No separate communication shall be sent in this regard.
- The self-attested copies of certificates / testimonials of all the examinations passed by the candidate from 10th standard onwards / other documents including documents for claiming weightage and latest Character Certificate should be appended to the computer generated application form duly signed by the candidate be submitted to the concerned Department / Institute / Office within 5 days from the last date of submission of application form.
- All the eligible candidates shall be required to appear personally before the Counseling Committee for verification of documents and checking of eligibility strictly according to the Counseling Schedule given in the Prospectus before the admission to the programme is made. They will be called for counseling one by one in order of merit.
- Preference once exercised by the candidate for any Course / Dept. / Institute / College at the time of counseling shall be final. If a candidate does not get institution of his / her choice, he / she may opt to be wait-listed. However such candidate may appear again as a fresh candidate in the next counseling, if held, and he / she will be considered for admission as per merit subject to availability of seats at that time he / she reports for counselling.
- Counseling will be closed as soon as all the seats in each category are filled.
- Any candidate, who fails to turn up for Counseling at his / her turn, will be considered for the remaining seats at the time he / she reports for counseling. But no relaxation shall be given if the candidate fails to appear before the Counseling Committee on the fixed date / time.
- The candidate, admitted during the counseling, shall deposit the fee on the date of counseling itself with the University Cashier / Bank, failing which his / her admission shall stand cancelled.
- Seats, remaining vacant after every round of counseling, shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department / Institute on the date (s) given in the “Counseling Schedule”.
- Those candidates, who do not get admission in one round of counseling, shall be eligible for admission in subsequent round, if seats are available.
- Seats, remaining vacant in one round of counseling, will be filled up in the subsequent round of counseling. The number of vacant seats shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department / Institute on the date (s) given in the “Counseling Schedule”
- The seats, remaining vacant after 2nd round of counseling, shall be filled up by the University in accordance with the guidelines to be decided by the University authorities
- Admission on the seats earmarked for Kashmiri Migrants / NRIs / sports quota / cultural activities quota / any other reserved quota will be made on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination. However these seats will not be filled if the candidates in these categories are not available.
- The candidates shall present all the required certificates /documents / testimonials in original to the Admission Committee for verification, and give one set of self-attested copies of all such certificates / documents / testimonials. The Admission Committee will check the eligibility of the candidate. This Committee shall have the power to reject any certificate not considered valid. In case, the candidate is not found eligible, his / her candidature will be cancelled.
- After the completion of all formalities, including verification of certificates / documents / testimonials for admission, the original certificates / documents / testimonials will be returned to the candidates. However, the self-attested copies ( one set of each certificate / documents / testimonial ) will be retained.
- The decision of the Admission Committee in all matters relating to the admissions shall be final.