Maharashtra Common Entrance Test 2016
Directorate of Medical Education & Research,
Government Dental College & Hospital Building,
St. George’s Hospital Compound,
3, Mahapalika Marg, Post Box No. 1967,
Near V.T., Mumbai – 400 001,
Phone No. : 91 – 22 – 22620361 – 65,
Website : www.dmer.org.
Government of Maharashtra shall conduct a single Combined “Common Entrance Test” MHT CET 2016 for all Engineering, Health Science, Pharmacy Courses for the academic year ( 2016 – 2017 ).
The Government of Maharashtra has established “ADMISSIONS REGULATING AUTHORITY AND STATE COMMON ENTRANCE TEST CELL” as per the provisions of the Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions & Fees) Act. 2015 ( Mah. Act No. XXVIII of 2015 ), ( herein after the Act ).
To know more about MHT CET Test 2016 Click Here
MHT CET Eligibility 2016 :
MT CET 2016 Eligibility Criteria for Health Science :
- The candidate must be born on or before 31st December 1999 to be eligible to appear for MHTCET 2016.
- However, for admission to Ayurved and Unani courses, candidate must be born on or before 1st October 1999. The Birth certificate indicating name of the candidate, Secondary
- School Certificate i.e. SSC or equivalent examination certificate or School Leaving Certificate endorsing the date of birth will constitute a valid proof.
- The candidate must be medically fit and must submit a certificate of medical fitness at the time of Preference form filling as per proforma.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Higher Secondary Certificate ( HSC / 12th Standard ) or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology ( Botany & Zoology ) at the time of admission.
MT CET 2016 Eligibility Criteria for Engineering & Technology :
- All the candidates passed / appearing at the qualifying examination i.e. HSC / 12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination and having Indian Nationality are eligible for appearing for MHT – CET – 2016. There is no age limit for admission.
- The eligibility for admission shall be published in due course of time.
MT CET 2016 Eligibility Criteria for Pharmacy :
- All the candidates passed / appearing at the qualifying examination i.e. HSC / 12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination and having Indian Nationality are eligible for appearing for MHT CET – 2016. There is no age limit for admission.
- The eligibility for admission shall be published in due course of time.
To know more about MHT CET Eligibility 2016 Click Here
MHT CET Examination Scheme 2016 :
MHT CET Exam Date 2016 :
The MHT CET examination 2016 will be conducted at various centres in Maharashtra on Thursday, 05th May 2016.
MHT CET Exam Schedule & Test Design 2016 :
The MHT CET – 2016 will consist of three question papers. Each paper is of 100 marks.
|Paper||Subject||No of MCQ||Mark(s) per question||Total Marks|
|Paper II||Biology (Botany)||50||1||50|
There is no choice among the questions, i.e. all questions have to be answered. The candidate desirous of selection to Health Science courses and BVSc & AH should appear for Paper I & Paper II. The candidate desirous of selection to Engineering degree courses should appear for Paper I and Paper III and the candidate desirous of selection to Pharmacy degree course should appear for Paper I & Paper – II and / or Paper – III. Candidates will be provided with separate OMR answer sheets with each question paper. At the end of each paper, candidate will handover the OMR Answer sheet and Question booklet to the invigilator. Candidates are not permitted to take the Question Booklet out side the exam hall during or after examination.
The candidate will be required to mark the correct answer by blackening the corresponding circle against the serial number of the question in the answer sheet with black ink ballpoint pen only. Out of four circles provided for selection of an answer against a question, the candidate should fill up one circle only. Each correct answer will be given marks. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
Changing an Answer is not allowed :
The candidates must fully satisfy themselves about the accuracy of the answer before darkening the appropriate circle, as no change in the Answer once marked is allowed. The answer once marked is final, any change in the option once marked, done by any method, will amount to a invalid / incorrect response.
Candidate should completely darken one and the only one best response ( circle ). Candidate should not use any other method for answering i.e. Half circle, dot. tick mark, cross etc. This may not be read by the scanner. Answer sheet of each candidate will be evaluated by computerized scanning method only ( Optical Mark Reader ). There will not be any manual checking during evaluation and verification.
Grievance Redressal Committee :
A Greviance Redressal Committee will be constituted at each sub centre comprising following members :
- Sub – centre Incharge – Chairperson
- A Supervisor – Member Secretary
- An Invigilator – Member
The committee will function from 8.00 am to the end of the examination on the day of examination. If there is any grievance during this period ( regarding loss of time due to administrative error or any other examination related important matter ), the candidate will report it to the invigilator of his / her examination block. It will be communicated to the subcentre incharge through supervisor. The committee will examine the Grievance on the spot and take necessary decision regarding the Grievances.
If a candidate has objection against any question in the question paper of this examination, the same may be submitted through website “www.mhtcet2016.co.in“, from 25th May, 2016 to 27th May, 2016. Representation received after this period shall not be considered.
MHT CET Exam Syllabus of Exam 2016 :
Syllabi of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics for the MHTCET – 2016 will be the same as for the current year for HSC Examination ( i.e March 2016 ) of HSC Board of Maharashtra.
Time & duration of Examination :
There will be three papers of one and half hours each.
Language of Question Paper :
The medium for MHT CET Examination 2016 shall be English or Marathi or Urdu for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. However, Mathematics paper shall be in English only. The option once exercised about the medium by the candidate shall be irrevocable.
MHT CET Exam Centre 2016 :
The MHT CET – 2016 will be conducted at all the district headquarters of the State of Maharashtra. The MHT CET examination center will be within the same district from where the candidate has passed / is appearing at the qualifying examination i.e. HSC / 12th Standard examination. For the eligible candidates passing qualifying examination from outside the state of Maharashtra, the Commissioner State CET CELL shall allot the examination center. The centre of examination for candidates who have passed their HSC ( 12th Std ) or equivalent examination from an institution situated outside the State of Maharashtra shall be the district / headquarter of the Divisional Authority where he / she has submitted MHT – CET 2016 Application Form. The center once allotted by the Commissioner State CET CELL shall not be changed under any circumstances.
To know more about MHT CET Exam Scheme 2016 Click Here
MHT CET Application Form 2016 :
MHT CET Engineering, Health Science & Pharmacy Courses Application Form 2016
MHT CET 2016 is available on web site “www.dmer.org” and “www.mhtcet2016.co.in“. Candidate is advised to download and print the brochure. For submission of online application form the candidates should login “www.mhtcet2016.co.in” website. The detail procedure for online submission of application form & registration is as follows.
Procedure for MHT CET 2016 Registration and payment through State Bank of India ( SBI ) branches.
A candidate has to first register for MHT CET 2016 at “www.mhtcet2016.co.in” and only then he / she can make the payment at the branches of SBI.
MHT CET 2016 Registration :
In order to register online, the candidate has to visit the website “www.mhtcet2016.co.in” and click MHT CET 2016 Registration. The MHT CET 2016 Registration page opens up wherein he / she has to fill in the online form. The information to be provided includes personal details and uploading of your recent colour passport photograph and signature.
Filling of online application form :
The candidate will be prompted to enter his / her valid email id, mobile No. and a password on the first login. All these three must be carefully noted and retained by the candidate for all future correspondence with MHT CET Office, downloading MHT CET Admit card etc. The candidate can continue and complete his / her filling up of educational details.
To upload Photographs and Signature :
Please note that all the applicants are required to upload their scanned / digital recent colour photograph and signature. File size of each of the Photograph and Signature should not be more than 50 KB per file. The online application system will not allow to upload files larger than 50 KB. All Candidates have to upload his / her Photograph and Signature only in “Jpeg” format and file name of Photograph and signature should preferably be photo.jpeg and sign.jpeg respectively.
For Uploading photograph :
- Take your recent colour passport size photograph. The picture should be taken against a light / white background. In case the face on the photograph is not clear, your application is liable to be rejected. Candidate should upload such scanned / digital photograph.
- File size of each of the Photograph should not be more than 50 KB per file, otherwise it will not be allowed by the System to upload.
- To reduce the size, crop the image of the passport size photograph in MS Paint or any other Photo Editor.
- Please ensure that only the full face portion is cropped and not the entire photograph.
For Uploading Signature :
- The candidate himself / herself should sign ( no capital letters ) on a white paper with a black ink pen.
- Scan the signature in 200 dpi ( dots per inch ) scanner resolution settings and the file size should be less than 50 kb in jpeg format.
- To reduce the size, crop the image of the signature in MS Paint or any other Photo Editor. Please ensure that only the signature portion is cropped and not the entire A4 paper on which you have signed. Once photograph and signature files are uploaded by the candidate successfully, the system will show on the screen Photograph and Signature that has been uploaded. If these have been correctly uploaded, you should now proceed further to generate the bank challan for the payment through ‘State Bank of India’.
Downloading Bank Challan :
The candidate has to download and print the MHT CET bank challan on an A4 size paper on a single page. Please adjust your printer settings suitably to take the print on an A4 size paper. The bank challan will have MHT CET 2016 Registration No., Name of the candidate, address, phone number and date of registration, printed on it. The printed bank challan is in two parts. You have to take this bank challan to the SBI branch.
Payment of fees at State Bank of India ( SBI ) Branch : The candidate has to take this printed MHT CET Bank challan to any of the SBI branches ( www.sbi.co.in/corporate/branchlocator.htm ) to make the payment after 48 hrs of registration. Please tender Rs 800.00 + Rs 60.00 Bank Commission for Open Candidates and Rs 600.00 + Rs 60.00 Bank Commission for Reservation Category Candidates. On the printed bank challan, the bank will enter the date of payment, Journal No / Bank Transaction ID, Branch Name & Code and put a bank seal on each part of the bank challan. The bank will retain the Bank’s copy of the bank challan and return the rest of the bank challan to the candidate.
Completion of online application Form :
The candidate should visit “www.mhtcet2016.co.in” and logs in MHT CET 2016 registration using his / her MHT CET 2016 Registration No and password after 24 hours of making the payment. Please confirm whether the Bank transaction ID No. and date of payment have been updated. If it has been, click on the generate MHT CET Confirmation Page. A Confirmation Page will open up. Please save this page and also take a print out of the same. This completes the MHT CET Registration process 2016.
MHT CET 2016 Registration No.& Password :
The candidate is advised to keep a copy of the Bank challan, MHT CET2016 Registration Confirmation Page printout. He / she should note the MHT CET Registration No. and password for all future correspondence with MHT CET Office.
Generation of Admit Card :
Candidate should visit website “www.mhtcet2016.co.in” any time between 25th April 2016 and 30th April 2016 and take a print out of the same where candidate’s MHT CET 2016 Roll No., the address of the Examination center will be mentioned.
MHT CET 2016 Important Notes :
Once you finish your registration for MHT CET 2016 you shall be provided with a unique MHT CET 2016 Registration No. & password.
- Please note that emails to candidate and Login on “www.mhtcet2016.co.in” ( Accessed by MHT CET Registration No. & password ) will be the standard mode of communication.
- The email address that you enter in the registration form will be treated as your primary email address and all communications will also be sent to the same.
- Please ensure that you provide a valid email address.
- Please ensure that you use your personal email address only as your primary email address in the application.
- Please add ‘email@example.com‘, as trusted sources in the anti Spam software of your email. Otherwise, either you will not receive important emails or they will get delivered to your Spam / junk folder.
- Please access your emails regularly and ensure that your inbox is accessible.
- Please note that the MHTCET Registration No. and password gives you an individual login on “www.mhtcet2016.co.in“, you need to check for mails from MHT CET on frequent intervals.
Note : If you do not receive the confirmation message within 24 hours of Registering, please check your spam / junk folder just in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If you are unable to locate the email, please email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘ citing your primary email id or call to call center no 0120- 4055011 between 10.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on all working days. Students should note that it will be compulsory for them to bring the downloaded admit card, application form & challan printouts / valid Photo ID proof for identity verification on the day of examination.
To know more about MHT CET Exam Application Form 2016 Click Here
MHT CET Result 2016 :
MHT CET Engineering, Health & Pharmacy Courses Result 2016
The Commissioner State CET CELL will conduct the examination, evaluate the answer sheets and declare the result. The result will be declared on websites of DMER i.e. www.dmer.org on or before 04.06.2016. The result of MHT – CET will be declared in marks obtained and in percentage on the website.
After the examination question booklet of all versions will be made available on website “www.dmer.org” from 16th May, 2016. Provisional Answer key of each version will be made available on website “www.dmer.org ” from 18.05.2016. The OMR Answer sheet of all the candidates will be made available on “www.mhtcet2016.co.in” website from 24th May, 2016. The OMR Sheet will be available to each candidate after entering Password and Registration ID as mentioned in flow chart of registration process.
Preparation of Merit List for Selection to Engineering and Technology Courses The Competent Authority shall invite application for admission and after verification of documents and eligibility, publish the Merit Lists as per the Rules to be published by the Department of Higher & Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra.
The downloadable mark sheet will be made available on website “www.mhtcet2016.co.in” from 14th June, 2016 till the Cut Off date of admission.
Verification of Marks Obtained at MHT CET – 2016 : If a candidate desires to get his / her Answer sheet evaluation verified, an application in prescribed proforma ( Annexure ‘L’ ), along with self addressed unstamped envelope ( 9” X 4.5” ) should be submitted to any Divisional Authority, within 4 days of declaration of the result of MHT CET – 2016, along with Demand Draft / Pay Order of Rs.1000/- ( Rs. One Thousand only ) drawn on any scheduled commercial bank in favour of “Commissionerate, State CET CELL, Mumbai”, payable at Mumbai.
The candidate will be sent photocopy of the Answer sheet and model answer key, after due verification by the Commissioner State CET CELL through registered post.
Representations received after the specified period will not be entertained. The change if any, shall be communicated to the candidate. The decision of the Commissioner State CET CELL in this matter shall be final and binding.
The Rules and Regulation / procedure stated herein is applicable for MHT CET – 2016 examination and selection to Health Science Courses for the academic year 2016 – 2017. No promise is implied herein for the subsequent years and no expectations should be based on this for future.
Revaluation of HSC or Equivalent Examination Marks :
If the marks of a candidate at HSC ( or equivalent ) examination have been revised on revaluation, the eligibility of the candidate may be altered. The candidate will be permitted to avail the benefit of revised marks as per the Rules to be published by the Department of Higher & Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra.
To know more about MHT CET Exam Result 2016 Click Here
entrance exam - mht cet -