MMMUT 2017 Entrance Exam
Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology ( MMMUT ) invites admission Application for First Year B.Tech. / Second Year B.Tech. / MBA / MCA / M.Tech. / Ph.D. programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
MMMUT 2017 Mode of Admission
Admission to First Year :
The admissions shall be made in first year of the following courses offered at the University through Admission Test 2017 for the academic year 2017 – 2018.
- 4 year B.Tech.
- 2 year MBA
- 3 year MCA
- 2 year M.Tech.
MMMUT 2017 Courses Details
|1||B.Tech. Civil Engineering ( CE )||120|
|2||B.Tech. Electrical Engineering ( EE )||120|
|3||B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering ( ME )||120|
|4||B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering ( EC )||120|
|5||B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering ( CS )||120|
|6||B.Tech. Chemical Engineering ( Specialization in Sugar and Alcohol Technology ) ( CH )||60|
|7||Master of Computer Applications ( MCA )||60|
|8||Master of Business Administration ( MBA )||60|
|9||M.Tech. Hill Area Development Engineering||18|
|10||M.Tech. Environmental Engineering||18|
|11||M.Tech. Power Electronics and Drives||18|
|12||M.Tech. Computer Integrated Manufacturing||18|
|13||M.Tech. Digital System||18|
|14||M.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering||18|
|15||M.Tech. Seismic Design and Earthquake Engineering||18|
|16||M.Tech. Structural Engineering||18|
|17||M.Tech. Information Technology||18|
|18||M.Tech. Communication Engineering||18|
|19||M.Tech. Energy Technology and Management||18|
|20||M.Tech. Control and instrumentation||18|
|21||Ph.D. in Civil Engineering||2|
|22||Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering||2|
|23||Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering||2|
|24||Ph.D. in Electronics and Communication Engineering||2|
|25||Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering||2|
|26||Ph.D. in Applied Physics||1|
|27||Ph.D. in Applied Chemistry||1|
|28||Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics||1|
MMMUT 2017 Eligibility
The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as given in clause 3.113.’213.3 to appear in ADMISSION TEST – 2017 for the respective course as per prescribed schedule. The details of the eligibility conditions are given below.
Eligffiility condffions for admission in existing B.Tech, MBA And MCA courses :
Admission is open to the Indian Nationals who have passed / appearing in the qualifying examination from any institution located in UP or whose parents ( Father or Mother Only ) are domiciles of U.P. and they have passed / appearing in the qualifying examination from an institution located outside U.P. The reservation policy as prescribed by the U.P. State Government shall be applicable in admissions. The candidates shall have to provide evidence of fulfilling the eligibility criteria as given herein at the time of document verification.
- B.Tech : For admission to first year of B.Tech., the candidate should have passed 10 + 2 examination with at least 45% marks ( 40% in case of candidate belonging to SC / ST category ) and also with at least 50% marks ( 45% in case of candidate belonging to SC / ST category ) in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry each without grace.
- 2nd year B.Tech : For admission to second year of B.Tech. under lateral entry :
- Diploma holders: Passed 3 / 4 year Diploma examination from an Institution recognized by U.P. Board of Technical Education in any branch of Engineering! Technology except Agriculture Engineering with at least 60% marks ( 55% in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST category ) without grace.
- B.Sc. graduates: Passed 3 / 4 year B.Sc. Degree from any recognized University of India as defined by UGC with at least 60% marks ( 55% in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST category ) without grace and having passed 10+2 exam with Mathematics as a subject.
- M.B.A : For admission to first year of M.B.A., the candidate should have passed the recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration from any recognized University of India as defined by UGC with at least 55% ( 50% in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST category ) marks in the qualifying examination without grace.
- M.C.A : For admission to first year of M.C.A. the candidate should have passed the recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration from any recognized University of India as defmed by UGC with Mathematics at 10+2 level and obtained minimum 55% ( 50% in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST category ) marks in the qualifying examination without grace.
Eligibility Conditions for Admission in M.Tech Courses :
Admission test will be open to the Indian Nationals who have passed / appearing in the qualifying examination, fulfilling the eligibility requirements given below. The weightage for Admission Test and valid GATE score shall be 40% and 60% respectively. However, the preference shall be given to the candidates having domicile status of U.P. state and subsequently the candidates having domicile status of outside U.P. will be considered only if seats are vacant. The reservation policy as prescribed by the U.P. State Government shall be applicable in admissions. Candidates applying under sponsored category should possess the working experience of minimum two years in industry / organization and shall be required to provide Sponsorship Certificate from sponsoring organization / industry at the time of counselling, however the admission to such candidates shall be offered only on the vacant seats, if available.
|S.No.||M.Tech ( Departments )||Specialization||Eligibility Qualification|
|1.||Civil Engineering||Environmental Engineering||First Class B.E. / B.Tech or equivalent Engineering Degree in Civil / Environmental / Chemical / Structural / Agricultural! Construction Technology / Construction Technology and Management or equivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|Hill Area Development Enginerring||First Class B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent Engineering Degree in Civil / Environmental / Structural!Agricultural / Construction Technology / Construction Technology and Management or equivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|Structural Engineering||First Class B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent Engineering Degree in Civil / Structural / Construction Technology / Construction Technology and Management or equivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|Seismic Design and Earthquake Engineering||First Class B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent Engineering Degree in Civil / Structural / Construction Technology / Construction Technology and Management or equivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|2.||Computer Sc. & Engineering||Computer Sc. & Engineering||First Class B.E. / B.Tech in Computer Science / Computer Sc. and Engineering / Computer Engineering / Information Technology / Software Engineering / MCA or Equivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|Information Technology||First Class B.E. / B.Tech.in Computer Science / Computer Sc. and Engineering / Computer Engineering / Information Technology / Software Engineering / MCA or Equivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|3.||Electrical Engineering||Power Electronics and Drives||First Class / Division in B.E. / B.Tech or equivalent Engineering Degree in either Electrical Engineering ( EE ) or Electrical and Electronics Engineering ( EN ) or equivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|Control and Instrumentation||First Class in B.E. / B.Tech or eqnivalent Engineering Degree in Engineering / Technology in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Electronics Instrumentation and Control Engineering, and Instrumentation Engineering or eqnivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|4.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Digital Systems||First Class in B.E. / B.Tech or eqnivalent Engineering Degree in Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering or eqnivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|Communication Engineering||First Class in B.E. / B.Tech. or eqnivalent Engineering Degree in Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering or eqnivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|5.||Mechanical Engineering||Computer Integrated Manfacturing||First Class in B.E./ B.Tech. or eqnivalent. Engineering Degree in Mechanical / Production / Industrial / Manufacturing / Automobile / AerospaceEngineering or equivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
|Energy Technology and Management||First Class in B.E. / B.Tech. or eqnivalent Engineering Degree in Mechanical / Production / Industrial / Energy / Chemical / Automobile / Aerospace Engineering or equivalent CGPA as specified by AICTE.|
Eligibility Conditions for Admission in PhD Courses :
- Admission test will be open to the Indian Nationals who have passed/appearing in the qualifying examination fulfilling the eligibility requirement as given below. However, the preference shall be given to the candidates having domicile status of U.P. state.
“Candidates who possess the Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Management or equivalent in the relevant discipline with 1st Division in Master Degree are eligible for the admission to Ph.D. Program.Certain seats may be available with fellowship under “Technical Education Improvement Programe – II”and the Research cum Teaching Fellowship scheme of the University which will be notified at the time of counselling for the limited period. Candidates opting for Research cum Teaching Fellowship will have to opt for this at a time of counselling and appear for Interview.
- The University may admit candidates to Ph.D. Program who have qualified a National Level test which entitles them for the award of Senior / Junior Research Fellowship / any other Fellowship without appearing in the University’s Ph.D. Admission Test provided that they fulfill the eligibility norms of the University ordinance. Such candidates will be selected on the basis of personal interview.
- The University may also admit its M.Tech. pursuing students well in advance to Ph.D. program in an integrated fashion who have qualified a National Level Test which entitles them for the award of Senior / Junior Research Fellowship / any other fellowship without appearing in the University’s Ph.D. Admission Test provided that they fulfill the eligibility norms of the University ordinance.
Eligibility for Admission to NRI Quota in First Year B.Tech :
NRI candidates who possess minimum requisite qualification may get direct admission on 5% seats of respective discipline in Ist year B.Tech. The process of admission shall be as follows :
- NRI quota seats shall be filled from NRI’s, who
- have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from an Institution situated outside India, which is considered equivalent to ( 10+2 ) examination by the Association of Indian Universities.( or ) have passed High School General Certificate of Education ( GCE ) examination with Physics, Chemistry and Higher Mathematics (A) from London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka.
- have appeared in SAT-II examination with Mathematics level II C, Physics and Chemistry. Their relative merit will be decided on their SAT – II score.
- The vacant seats in NRI quota, if any, shall be filled up by such son / daughter / real brother / real sister of NRI’s, who have passed 10+2 examination with at least 45% marks and also with at least 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry each without grace marks from an institution situated in India.
- The children of real brother / sisters / son / daughter of NRI may also be considered if the seats remain vacant after admitting the eligible NRI, their son/daughter / real brother / sister.
- The relative merit of candidates will be decided based on the total marks obtained by them in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Such candidates need not appear in the in Admission Test 2017.
- All such candidates MUST submit an NRI certificate obtained from Indian Diplomatic Mission / Chancellery / High Commission under their seal at the time of counseling.
- The candidate MUST also submit sufficient documents clarifying without ambiguity their true relationship with the sponsoring NRI for full duration till completion of the course up to the satisfaction of the University.
- The candidates will be informed separately about the date of counseling, and number of seats under this quota through University website, and they are required to be present in person on the day of counseling with original documents/certificates, failing which they will loose their claim.
- The latest orders issued by Government of U.P./University up to the date of NRI counseling shall be applicable for admission to NRI quota.
- The detailed information will be published only through website: www.mmmut.ac.in in the month of May, 2017.
MMMUT 2017 Exam Pattern
- Admission Test will be of objective type and the schedule of examination is given. The candidates are required to opt suitable paper(s) for appearing in the entrance examination as mentioned below subject to their eligibility, and the course( s ) in which admission is being sought.
|Course in which admission is sought||Paper||Subjects||Test Duration||Number of Questions||Marks|
|B.Tech||Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||3 Hours||150 Objective type questions with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||600|
|2nd Year B.Tech||Paper 2||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering||1 Hour 30 Minute||75 objective type quetions||300|
|2nd Year B.Tech||Paper 3||Aptitude Test for B.Sc Graduate||1 Hour 30 Minute||75 objective type quetions||300|
|MCA||Paper 4||Aptitude test for MCA||1 Hour 30 Minutes||75 objective type questions||300|
|MBA||Paper 5||Aptitude test for MBA||1 Hour 30 Minutes||75 objective type questions||300|
|M.Tech||Paper 6||M.Tech Admission Test||2 Hours||100 objective type questions||400|
|PhD||Paper 7||PhD Admission Test||2 Hours||100 objective type questions||400|
Scoring and Negative Marking :
- Every objective type question would carry four marks for correct answer.
- Each objective type question shall have one correct answer. The answer would be considered correct only if the appropriate choice is indicated in the answer.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer. A record of incorrect answers given by a candidate will be kept separately.
- All objective type questions are required to be answered on specially designed OMR answer sheets against the respective question number.
- Answers are to be marked using ball point pen ( Black / Blue ) only. For the purpose of evaluation, the details filled in by the candidate in the OMR answer sheet will be accepted as final.
MMMUT 2017 Reservations Seats
Vertical Reservation ( Category ) :
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|( a ) Scheduled Caste of U.P.||21%|
|( b ) Scheduled Tribe of U.P.||02%|
|( c ) Other Backward Classes of U.P.||27%|
Horizontal Reservation ( Sub – category in each vertical reservation category ) : Not Applicable for M.Tech. / Ph.D.
|Sub - Category||Code||Maximum Percentage of Total Seats|
|( a ) Dependents of Freedom Fighters from U.P.||UPFF||02%|
|( b ) Sons / Daughters of 'defence personnel of U.P. either retired ( superannuated ) or killed / disabled in action' or 'defence personnel posted in U.P.'||UPAF||05%|
|( c ) Handicapped/Disabled of U.P.||UPHC||03%|
|( d ) Girls of U.P.||UPGL||20%|
- The candidates can claim only one type of horizontal reservation out of UPFF / UPAF / UPHC. However, the girl candidates can also claim for any one of UPFF / UPAF / UPHC alongwith UPGL.
- Subsequent request for the change of category / sub-category filled in OMR application form or OnLine submission shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Category / sub-category must be supported by the relevant certificates to be produced at the time of document verification in counselling, failing which the candidates shall be treated under General Category.
- The advantage of horizontal reservation in Armed force sub-category is available to sons / daughters of defence personnel of U.P. either retired ( Superannuated ) or killed / disabled in action and the dependents settled in U.P.or ‘the defence personnel posted in U.P.’ on the date of Entrance Examination.
- Certificate No. 4, 5 and 6 in Appendix Care required at the time of document verification, for claiming reservations in subcategories mentioned..
- Please note that benefit of UPGL subcategory will automatically be given to all the Female candidates.
To know more about MMMUT 2017 Entrance Exam Click Here
MMMUT 2017 Online Application Form
Purchase and Submission of Application Forms :
- For B.Tech / MBA / MCA / M.Tech. / Ph.D. the OMR application form with Information Brochure can be obtained from 2nd January, 2017 to 3rd Apri1, 2017 ( both days inclusive ) by hand or through post by sending a written request having complete postal address with PIN – Code and demand draft of 1,500 / – for General / OBC and 750.00 for SC / ST / Female candidates drawn in favour of “Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur” to The Coordinator, Admission 2017 , Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Deoria Road, Gorakhpur-273010 ( U.P. ) .Application form will also be available from the University counter by paying the cost of application form in cash / demand draft during 10 AM to 4 PM on all days from 2nd January, 2017 to 3rd April, 2017.
- The candidate may also opt for filling up the Online application form, from any place through internet by login on to www.mmmut.ac.in from 02nd January, 2017 ( 10 AM ) till 10th April, 2017 ( 5 PM ) for B.Tech / MBA / MCA / M. Tech. / Ph.D. as per the detailed procedure given on the website.
- On completion of the Online Application form, the candidate should complete the printout of the generated Confirmation Page of Application Form by affixing his / her recent photograph ( same as the one uploaded in application form ) , signature, left-hand thumb impression and the signature of his / her parent / gnardian at appropriate places. The duly completed copy of the Confirmation Page of Application Form should be sent along with the University copy of Bank Receipt to The Coordinator, Admissions 2017 , Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Deoria Road, Gorakhpur-273010 ( U.P. ) so as to reach latest by 5 PM on or before April17, 2017 ( for B.Tech. / MCA / MBA / M. Tech. / Ph.D. ).
The Cost of application form including examination fee will be as under :
|General / OBC Category||SC / ST Category and Female of all Category|
|1,500 / -||750 / -|
- Demand draft should be drawn in favor of Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur payable at Gorakhpur, in case Application Form is to be purchased by hand or by post. Application Form may also be purchased from counter in cash / demand draft.
- The courses offered by the University through Admission Test 2017 have been grouped as follows:
- Group – I : B.Tech. 1st Year, B.Tech. 2nd Year, MCA and MBA
- Group – IT : M.Tech. and Ph.D.
- The candidates are required to apply using separate Application Form for each group along with applicable fee.
Payment of Application Fee in case of Online Application Form Submission :
- All candidates applying through Online Application Form mode have to deposit the application fee as given in the following procedure. The Application Fee is Non – Refundable. The candidates applying for multiple courses can submit single Application Form by indicating the different courses for which admission is sought by remitting the fee as applicable except for M.Tech. and Ph.D.
- The payments can be made either through online mode by using Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking. Additional Bank Charges will be applicable as per the rules of the respective bank depending upon the transaction used and are to be paid by candidates themselves.
Online Payment Details :
- For online payment the candidate will be redirected to the website of the bank as per the choice of fee payment exercised by the candidate. University shall not be responsible for the transactions made after redirection to the bank’s website.
- The candidates have to login with their Bank’s Net-banking User ID and Password for Net Banking. Incase of payment through Debit Card / Credit Card, candidates have to enter the details of their Debit Card / Credit Card as required by the respective banks.
- The Fee Amount and Bank Charges will be displayed to the candidates, and candidates have to
- confirm the total amount before the payment.
- Once candidate confirms and the payment is successful, the candidate will be redirected back to the Online Application Website.
- If any candidate has some difficulty ( due to internet connection or power failure ) , and the candidate is not sure whether the payment has been processed or not, then please login back to Admission Test 2017 Online Application Website and check the status of the payment. The concerned candidate can also check the status from his / her Bank.
- In case the fee amount has been debited from candidates Bank Account / Debit Card / Credit Card, and Admission Test 2017 Online Application Website does not acknowledge any fee payment then the candidate should make the payment again till it is not reflected on the University’s Online Application website. Candidate should contact the concerned Bank for the difficulty faced by him / her. University will not be responsible for any inconvenience caused due to this. No extra time shall be permissible for any such failure.
- Candidates will be allowed to submit the final Application Form along with uploading of signature, photographs etc. only after successfully making the payment and its receipt in the University account following the prescribed payment process.
- Once the candidate confirms and the payment is successful, the candidate may proceed to complete the submission procedure of Application Form on Admission Test 2017 Online Application Website and the candidates are required to print the confirmation page and send the Confirmation page without folding along with payment receipt to Coordinator, Admission Test 2017 in the A- 4 size envelope by affixing the address slip printed along with Confirmation Page.
- Completed application form ( OMR type or Confirmation Page of Online Application form with University Copy of paymenr receipt must reach to The Coordinator, Admission 2017, Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Deoria Road, Gorakhpur- 273010 ( U.P. ) upto 17..April, 2017 ( 5.00 PM ) for B.Tech. / MBA / MCA / M.Tech. / Ph.D. courses by Speed Post / Registered Post only.The application form delivered by any other means shall not be accepted. The application forms received in the University after the last date will not be accepted. University is not responsible for any kind of lapse or postal delay in delivery of Application Form to the University.
MMMUT 2017 Admit Card
- Admit card will be sent to the candidates by post, however Admit card can also be downloaded from University website www.mmmut.ac.in in case of non-receipt of the admit card. It is the responsibility of the candidate to complete the admit card before appearing in admission test.
- If any candidate is unable to receive or download his / her admit card, he / she should contact the helpline or send an email as indicated on the web site latest by 10th May, 2017 for the Admission Tests of B.Tech.IMBA / MCAIM.Tech. / Ph.D ..
- A plea that the candidates failed to receive the information for appearing at the admission test will not be accepted as a ground for the refund of fee or any other redressal. The University reserves the right to debar a candidate who is not eligible to appear at the Admission Test 2017 or any other reason which may lead to vitiating the admission process.
- In case of any reported correction, the final corrected admit card will have to be downloaded from website www.mmmut.ac.in before the examination date.
- Since successful candidates are requi align=”left”red to produce the Admit Card at the time of document verification in counseling and admission, therefore it should be carefully preserved until the admission process is completed.
MMMUT 2017 Exam Centres
|Admission 2017 likely to be conducted :|
|Admission 2017 outside of U.P :|
|Mumbai ( Bombay )||11|
|Kolkata ( Calcutta )||12|
To know more about MMMUT 2017 Application Form Click Here
MMMUT 2017 Syllabus
To know more about MMMUT 2017 Syllabus Click Here
MMMUT 2017 Results
MMMUT 2017 Result Date :
MMMUT Result 2017 : MMMUT 2017 Entrance Exam Results will be declared on 7th June, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your MMMUT Results 2017…
To know more about MMMUT 2017 Results Click Here
MMMUT 2017 Schedule of Examination
|Schedule of Examination ( B.TechJMCA / MBA / M.Tech / Ph.D.)|
|Date of Exam||Paper Code||Subjects||Timing||Total Period|
|17th May, 2017 ( Wednesday )||Paper - 1||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||07:30AM to 10:30 AM||3 Hours|
|Paper - 2||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering||12:00 PM to 1:30PM||1.30 Hours|
|Paper - 3||Aptitude Test for B.Sc. Graduates||12:00 PM to 1.30 PM||1.30 Hours|
|Paper - 4||Aptitude test for MCA||02:30 PM to 4:00 PM||1.30 Hours|
|Paper - 5||Aptitude test for MBA||04:30 PM to 6:00 PM||1.30 Hours|
|Paper - 6||M.Tech. Admission Test||07:30AM to 9:30 PM||2 Hours|
|Paper - 7||Ph.D. Admission Test||12:00 PM to 2.00 PM||2 Hours|
MMMUT 2017 Important Dates
|1||OMR Application Form can be obtained||2nd January, 2017 to 3rd April, 2017 ( Between 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM )|
|2||Last date for receipt of MMMUT 2017 completed OMR Application Form||10th April, 2017 ( Till 05:00 PM )|
|3||Submission of MMMUT 2017 OnLine Application Form Last date||2nd January, 2017 ( 10:00 AM ) to 10th April, 2017 ( 5:00 PM )17th April, 2017 ( 5:00 PM )|
|4||Date of MMMUT 2017 Examination||17th May, 2017|
|5||Declaration of MMMUT 2017 Result||Latest by 7th June, 2017|
The Coordinator, Admission 2017,
M.M.M. University of Technology,
Deroia Road, Gorakhpur – 273 010,
( U.P. ), India,
Telephone No : 0551 – 6050037,
Fax : 0551 – 2270011,
Website : wwww.mmmut.ac.in.
|MMMUT 2017 Application Form : https://www.onlinemmmut.in/form/CandidateLogin.aspx|