NID Ahmedabad Entrance Exam 2017
National Institute of Design is nationally and internationally acclaimed as one of the finest educational and research institutions for Industrial, Communication, Textile and IT Integrated ( Experiential ) Design.
NID 2017 Entrance Exam
National Institute of Design invites applications for admission to the Professional Education at NID has both Bachelors and Masters Programs – Bachelor of Design ( B.Des. ) of 4 years duration for students after 10+2 or equivalent like AISSCE / IB / ISC, and Master of Design ( M.Des. ) of 2 ½ years for the year 2017 – 2018.
NID B.Des & GDPD 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the B.Des. and GDPD programmes must fulfill the following criteria :
Age Limit :
- Candidates upto 20 years of age on or before 30th June, 2017 are eligible to apply ( Relaxable by three years for candidates belonging to reserved category ).
- Indian nationals applying in the general category and candidates in overseas category born on or before 30th June, 1997 are not eligible.
- Indian nationals in reserved category ( OBC – NCL, SC, ST & PwD ) born on or before 30th June, 1994 are not eligible.
Applications for academic year 2017 – 18 are open to applicants who have passed or will appear for higher secondary ( 10 + 2 ) qualifying examinations in the academic year 2016 – 17 from any recognised board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent.
Examinations considered as equivalent to class XII are :
- Final examination of the 10+2 system under a central or state board recognised by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU, see www.aiuweb.org ).
- Intermediate or two year pre university examination under a board or university recognised by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU, see www.aiuweb.org ).
- Final examination of the two – year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior secondary school examination under the National Institute of Open Schooling, with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any public school, board or university examination completed in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU, see www.aiuweb.org ).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination at the Advanced (A) level taken in London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka.
- High School Certificate Examination from Cambridge University or an International Baccalaureate diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed final examinations for class XII ( or equivalent ) outside India or from a board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ) confirming that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination conducted in India.
NID M.Des 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the M.Des. programme ( any discipline ) must fulfill the following criteria :
Age Limit :
Candidates upto 30 years of age on or before 30th June, 2017 are eligible to apply ( relaxable by three years for candidates belonging to reserved category ).
Indian Nationals in the general category and candidates in overseas category born on or before 30th June, 1987 are not eligible for admission.
Indian Nationals in reserved category ( OBC – NCL, SC, ST & PwD ) born on or before 30th June, 1984 are not eligible for admission.
Applicants must either have appeared for ( results awaited ), passed, or will be appearing for any of the following degree examinations before July 2017 :
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10 + 2 + 4 ( or more ) system, from any university or institute recognised by law in India.
Diploma in design under the 10+2+4 system, from any university or institute recognised by law in India ( OR )
Applicants must either have appeared for ( Results awaited ) or passed, before July 2016, a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10+2+3 system from any university or institute recognised by law in India.
To Know More Details About NID Ahmedabad Entrance Exam 2017 Click Here
NID 2017 Application Form
Visit NID official website www.admissions.nid.edu and follow the steps below :
Step 0 :
Read and familiarise yourself with the eligibility criteria, number of seats, test centres, reservation policy and other relevant information related to admissions to the M.Des., B.Des. and GDPD programmes. All of this information can be found in this Admissions Handbook. Information related to the GDPD programme at NID Vijayawada and NID Kurukshetra is provided in their respective brochure, also available on the website.
Step 1 : Sign up / Registration
- All the candidates are required to register / sign up online before proceeding to fill the application form at http://admissions.nid.edu.
- Please provide a valid email address and an active mobile number while registering, since these contacts will be used for all future communication with the applicant.
- After registration, an email will be sent to the registered email address ( do remember to check your spam or junk folders in case you do not find the email in your inbox ). In case of wrong email address and / or mobile number has been provided during sign up, you are required to register afresh with the correct details.
- Do not delete the email sent to you, as this will be useful for future reference.
- Log in to your account using the email id and date of birth provided during registration.
Step 2 : Fill the Online Application Form
- Log in and proceed to Step 2 – Application Form.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Click ‘Save & Exit’ to complete the form at a later time or date.
- After filling all details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the ‘Upload Document’ section.
Step 3 : Uploading your Documents & signature
- Upload a scanned photograph as per the instructions. All photographs must be in JPG format and under 100 KB in size. It must be a coloured photograph taken at a professional studio. Photographs taken via mobile phone and other kinds of self composed portraits will not be accepted.
- Upload your scanned signature as per the instructions. All signature files must be in JPG format and under 100 KB in size. You should have your signature digitally photographed or scanned and cropped to the required size.
- Candidates applying under the SC and ST categories are required to upload their Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority. The certificate must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
- Candidates applying under the Persons with Disability ( PwD ) category are required to upload their Disability Certificate issued by a competent medical authority as per the guidelines of the Government of India. The certificate must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
- Candidates applying under the Overseas category are required to upload the first and last page of their passport, clearly showing all of their personal information. The document must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
NID 2017 Application Fee Details :
Category – wise Application Fees for Academic Year 2017 – 18 are as under :
|Programme / Category||B.Des and GDPD||M.Des ( 1 discipline only )||M.Des ( 2 Disciplines )|
|OBC – NCL||2000||2000||4000|
|General – PwD||1000||1000||2000|
|OBC – NCL – PwD||1000||1000||2000|
|SC – PwD||1000||1000||2000|
|ST – PwD||1000||1000||2000|
For applications received after 28th November, 2016, the application fees ( including late fees ) applicable will be double the amount indicated above.
Category – wise Application Fees for Academic Year 2017 – 18 are as under :
NID 2017 Entrance Exam Centres
NID Design Aptitude Test will be conducted in the following cities in India :
The DAT Prelims will be conducted in the following cities in India : Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Panjim, Raipur, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram and Vijayawada.
Candidates applying under the Overseas category ( supernumerary ) for M.Des. and B.Des. programmes will be required to appear for their DAT Prelims in person, which will be followed by the DAT Mains, at NID Ahmedabad.
NID reserves the right to add or remove any test centre and allot a test centre that may not be of the candidate’s choice. A city may have more than one test centre. Any request for change of test centre will not be entertained.
To Know More Details About NID Ahmedabad Application Form 2017 Click Here
NID List of Bank Branches 2017
National Institute of Design Bank of India Branches :
|Ahmedabad - Bhadra, Paldi.||Bengaluru - Kempegowda Road.||Bhopal - Marwari Road, Jumerati.||Bhubaneshwar - Janapath.||Chandigarh - Sector 17.|
|Chennai - Errabalu Chetty Street.||Coimbatore - Oppankara Street.||Dehradun - Rajpura Road.||Delhi - Janpath, Hauz Khas.||Durgapur - Nachan Road.|
|Guwahati - Kamarpatty.||Hyderabad - Mampally Station Road.||Indore - Santa Bazar.||Jaipur - Mirza Ismail Road.||Jamshedpur - Bistepur.|
|Kanpur - Mahatma Gandhi Road.||Kochi - Shanmugham Road.||Kolkata - Netaji Subhash Road, Manicktolla.||Kozikode - Silk Street.||Lucknow - Nawal Kshore Road.|
| Mumbai - Nariman Point,
Dadar Portuguese Church.
|Nagpur - Kingsway.||Panaji - Rua De Ormuz.||Patna - Fraser Road.||Pondicherry - J Nehru Street.|
|Pune - Dr Coyaji Road.||Ranchi - Albert Ekkachowk.||Rohtak - Hissar Road.||Rourkela - Sector 19.||Shillong - Police Bazar.|
|Simla - The Mall||Srinagar - Maulana Azad Road.||Surat - Kanpith, Lal Gate.||Thiruvananthapuram – University.||Udaipur - Nyay Marg.|
|Vadodara - Raopura.|| Vishakhapatnam -
Valtair Main Road.
To Know More Details About NID Ahmedabad Application Bank Branches 2017 Click Here
National Institute of Design Results 2017
NID Ahmedabad 2017 Exam Date :
National Institute of Design Entrance Exam Result will be conducted on 08th January, 2017.
NID Ahmedabad 2017 Result Date :
NID Ahmedabad M.Des 2017 Result will be Released on 07th February, 2017.
NID Ahmedabad B.Des & GDPD Result 2017 will be declared on 28th February, 2017.
Please keep watching this page, to check your NID Ahmedabad Results 2017…
To Know More Details About NID Ahmedabad Results 2017 Click Here
NID 2017 Important Dates
|Sl. No.||Admission Stage||Dates|
|1.||Last date for submitting online application||28th November, 2016|
|2.||Last date for submitting online application payment of late fees||02nd December, 2016|
|3.||Last date for submitting printed application forms accompanied with a DD||02nd December 2016|
|4.||Download Admit Cards for DAT Prelims||20th December, 2016|
|5.||DAT Prelims Exam||08th January, 2017|
|6.||DAT Mains Exam for overseas candidates||09th January, 2017 to 10th January 2017|
|7.||Window to challenge DAT Prelims Part I answer keys||18th January, 2017|
|8.||Uploading final answer keys of DAT Prelims Part I||27th January, 2017|
|9.||DAT Prelim results for M.Des||07th February, 2017|
|10.||Download Admit Cards for DAT Mains for M.Des.||14th February, 2017|
|11.||DAT Prelim results for B.Des. and GDPD||28th February, 2017|
|12.||Download Admit Cards for DAT Mains for B.Des and GDPD||07th March, 2017|
|13.||DAT Mains for M.Des. in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bengaluru*||13th March, 2017 To 31st March, 2017|
|14.||DAT Mains for B.Des. and GDPD in Ahmedabad||15th May, 2017 to 20th May, 2017|
|15.||Merit List 1 for M.Des||02nd May, 2017|
|16.||Merit List 1 for B.Des. and GDPD||31st May, 2017|
Contact Details :
National Institute of Design,
Paldi, Ahmedabad – 380 007,
Phone No. : +91 – 79 – 2662 3462,
Fax : +91 – 79 – 2662 1167,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.admissions.nid.edu.
entrance exam - need -