NID Ahmedabad Application FormEntrance Exam » NEED »
NID 2019 Application Form
Visit NID official website www.admissions.nid.edu and follow the steps below
Read and familiarise yourself with the eligibility criteria, number of seats, test centres, reservation policy and other relevant information related to admissions to the M.Des., B.Des. and GDPD programmes. All of this information can be found in this Admissions Handbook. Information related to the GDPD programme at NID Vijayawada and NID Kurukshetra is provided in their respective brochure, also available on the website.
Step 1 : Sign up / Registration
- All the candidates are required to register / sign up online before proceeding to fill the application form at http://admissions.nid.edu.
- Please provide a valid email address and an active mobile number while registering, since these contacts will be used for all future communication with the applicant.
- After registration, an email will be sent to the registered email address ( do remember to check your spam or junk folders in case you do not find the email in your inbox ). In case of wrong email address and / or mobile number has been provided during sign up, you are required to register afresh with the correct details.
- Do not delete the email sent to you, as this will be useful for future reference.
- Log in to your account using the email id and date of birth provided during registration.
Step 2 : Fill the Online Application Form
- Log in and proceed to Step 2 – Application Form.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Click ‘Save & Exit’ to complete the form at a later time or date.
- After filling all details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the ‘Upload Document’ section.
Step 3 : Uploading your Documents & signature
- Upload a scanned photograph as per the instructions. All photographs must be in JPG format and under 100 KB in size. It must be a coloured photograph taken at a professional studio. Photographs taken via mobile phone and other kinds of self composed portraits will not be accepted.
- Upload your scanned signature as per the instructions. All signature files must be in JPG format and under 100 KB in size. You should have your signature digitally photographed or scanned and cropped to the required size.
- Candidates applying under the SC and ST categories are required to upload their Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority. The certificate must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
- Candidates applying under the Persons with Disability ( PwD ) category are required to upload their Disability Certificate issued by a competent medical authority as per the guidelines of the Government of India. The certificate must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
- Candidates applying under the Overseas category are required to upload the first and last page of their passport, clearly showing all of their personal information. The document must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
NID 2019 Application Fee Details
Category – wise Application Fees for Academic Year 2018 – 19 are as under
|Programme / Category||B.Des and GDPD||M.Des ( 1 discipline only )||M.Des ( 2 Disciplines )|
|OBC - NCL||Rs.2000||Rs.2000||Rs.4000|
|General - PwD||Rs.1000||Rs.1000||Rs.2000|
|OBC - NCL - PwD||Rs.1000||Rs.1000||Rs.2000|
|SC - PwD||Rs.1000||Rs.1000||Rs.2000|
|ST - PwD||Rs.1000||Rs.1000||Rs.2000|
For applications received after 09th November, 2018, the application fees ( including late fees ) applicable will be double the amount indicated above.
Category – wise Application Fees for Academic Year 2019 are as under
NID 2019 Entrance Exam Centres
- NID Design Aptitude Test will be conducted in the following cities in India
- The DAT Prelims will be conducted in the following cities in India :
- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Panjim, Raipur, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram and Vijayawada.
- Candidates applying under the Overseas category ( supernumerary ) for M.Des. and B.Des. programmes will be required to appear for their DAT Prelims in person, which will be followed by the DAT Mains, at NID Ahmedabad.
- NID reserves the right to add or remove any test centre and allot a test centre that may not be of the candidate’s choice. A city may have more than one test centre. Any request for change of test centre will not be entertained.
NID 2019 Important Dates
|1||Accepting Application form online starts||01st October, 2018|
|2||Last date for submitting online application||09th November, 2018|
|3||Last date for submitting online application on payment of late fees ( online payment via debit / credit card only )||19th November, 2018|
|4||Last date for receiving printed application forms accompanied with a demand draft ( to be sent via speed post, registered post or courier )||19th November, 2018|
|5||Window to edit the application forms||20th - 22nd November, 2018|
|6||Download Admit cards for DAT Prelim||17th December, 2018|
|7||DAT Prelims Exam (including Overseas candidates )||06th January, 2019|
|8||DAT Prelim Result||19th March, 2019 ( B.Des )|
|15th February, 2019 ( M.Des )|
|9||Rechecking window ( DAT Prelims ) with payment mode||19th March, 2019 ( B.Des )|
|15th February, 2019 ( M.Des )|
|10||Download Admit Card for DAT Mains||01st May, 2019 ( B.Des )|
|01st March, 2019 ( M.Des )|
|11||DAT Mains||12th - 19th May, 2019 ( B.Des )|
|11th March - 12th April, 2019 ( M.Des )|
|12||DAT Mains result||31st May, 2019 ( B.Des )|
|02nd May, 2019 ( M.Des )|