NIMHANS Entrance Examination 2018
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences ( NIMHANS ), Bangalore Entrance test for admission to the following Programs Ph.D, Superspeciality, PDF, PG ( Medical, Non-medical ) and Diploma, B.Sc and DCNT / DPN / DNN Courses for the commencing session 2018 – 19.
NIMHANS 2018 Eligibility
Non Medical Courses :
- Candidates with M.Sc. / MA / MSW / BAMS / BE / B.Tech. / B.Sc Engineering should have passed the examination from a University recognized by the University Grants Commission ( UGC ) or the Rehabilitation Council of India ( RCI ) with not less than 55% of marks in aggregate on or before the date of counseling/interview. Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results, may also apply. However, such candidates will be eligible to appear for the counseling / interview only if they produce the proof of having passed the examination in writing. In case, grades are awarded in lieu of marks in the qualifying examination, candidates have to produce a certificate from the University clearly stating the range of marks into which each of the grades fit, failing which, such applications will be rejected.
- Candidates with Master’s degree obtained through research and awarded on the basis of the evaluation of the thesis ( from a University recognized by NIMHANS which does not award marks at the master’s level ) are also eligible to apply for Ph.D Program.
- Candidates with PUC or 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with 45% aggregate in the above subjects can apply for B.Sc in Nursing course.
- Candidates with PUC or 10 + 2 with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology or job oriented diploma courses from a recognized board with an aggregate of 45% can apply for B.Sc in Radiography course.
- Candidates with PUC or 10 + 2 or equivalent with a Science group having secured an aggregate of 45% in Science subjects for B.Sc in Anesthesia Technology course.
- A relaxation of 5% marks will be given for candidates belonging to SC / ST category.
All foreign nationals ( holding passports of countries other than India ), non resident Indians and overseas citizens of India should apply under “Foreign National” category.
They shall appear for a common entrance test along with the other candidates. Admission will be subject to the candidate obtaining “No Objection Certificate for pursuing the course applied” from Government of India.
Students possessing foreign qualifications who intend to seek admission to academic courses at NIMHANS are required to produce an EQUIVALENCE CERTIFICATE from the Association of Indian Universities / Medical Council of India to facilitate their admission to the course.
The guidelines to obtain an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities are as follows :
- The candidate should submit degree/diploma certificate together with year-wise academic transcript / mark sheet duly authenticated by Indian Mission abroad / concerned foreign Mission in India.
- Accreditation status of the degree awarding foreign University / authority.
- A Bank draft of US $ 50 or equivalent Indian currency in favor of the Secretary General, Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi as fee.
The Association of Indian Universities does not recognize any degree / diploma awarded by accredited foreign Universities for programs / courses conducted in India.
For the recognition of Medical degrees, Secretary, Medical Council of India, Pocket – 14, Sector – 8, Dwarka Phase – I, New Delhi – 110 077 may be contacted.
For PG Medical and superspeciality courses, age should not be more than 32 years for MBBS degree holders and 35 for PG medical degree holders. Age is relaxable by a maximum of 5 years in the case of SC / ST candidates and by a maximum of 3 years for OBC candidates as on the date of commencement of courses. Age should not be more than 45 years as on the date of commencement of courses in case of sponsored / deputed candidates.
For B.Sc in Nursing, B.Sc in Radiography and B.Sc in Anaesthesia Technology courses, age of the candidates should be between 17 and 25 years as on the date of commencement of course.
Employees of NIMHANS applying for Ph.D should have at least 10 years of service left before registering for Ph.D.
NIMHANS 2018 Exam Pattern
- The question paper for ONLINE Entrance test will contain multiple choice objective type questions. The duration of the test for each course will be 90 minutes and the number of questions to be answered is 100. There will be negative marking and 0.25 marks will be deducted for all wrong answers. No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
- A single common online entrance test of 2 hours duration and 150 questions will be conducted for MD in Psychiatry, Ph.D in clinical Neurosciences, DM in Neurology and M.Ch in Neurosurgery courses for candidates with MBBS qualification.
- Separate ONLINE Entrance Tests will be conducted for admission to DM in Neurology and M.Ch in Neurosurgery courses with PG qualification. Candidates possessing PG qualification in Medicine ( MD / DNB ) and Surgery ( MS / DNB ) will be considered only under PG category for admission to DM in Neurology and M.Ch in Neurosurgery courses, respectively. If any candidate applied under the MBBS category, then his/her their candidature will be disqualified.
NIMHANS 2018 Reservation of Seats
There is no reservation of seats for superspeciality courses of DM in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, DM in Neuroanesthesia, DM in Neurology, DM in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology, DM in Neuropathology, DM in Addiction Psychiatry and M.Ch in Neurosurgery.
Reservation Roster prescribed by the Government of India will be followed for each course as applicable.
If suitable candidates are not available under the reserved category, they will be filled up by General category candidates.
Number of seats and reservation may vary from time to time as per the directions of the Government of India through relevant notifications.
Nine seats in MD in Psychiatry ( 1 for sponsored ) and three seats in M.Phil in Clinical Psychology are reserved for domiciles of Karnataka State. Six seats in MD in Psychiatry are reserved for domiciles of Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, & Uttarakhand.
Domicile Certificate has to be produced from the respective state without fail, certified translation copy in English has to be produced if the Domicile Certificate is in the Language of the state by the issuing authority.
3% of the PG seats are reserved for persons with above 40% and less than 70% disability ( sensory & orthopedic ) ( except Nursing, DM in Neurology, DM in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology, DM in Neuropathology, DM in Addiction Psychiatry, DM ( Neuroanesthesia ), MD ( Psychiatry ) and M.Ch in Neurosurgery and all PDF courses ) subject to the statement below :
One seat will be reserved every second year on rotation system subject to the candidate qualifying in the Entrance Test in the following courses ( Only for the orthopedically handicapped ) :
MD in Psychiatry, M.Phil in Clinical Psychology, M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work.
The eligibility for admission of a candidate under PWD category will be determined by the committee constituted for this purpose by the competent authority. Mere production of disability certificate does not ensure eligibility/admission to the course.
- To claim that candidates are residents / domiciles of Karnataka State, he / she should produce a certificate from the Tahsildar to the effect that he / she or his / her father / mother has been a resident of Karnataka State for a period of 10 years or has owned or possessed land or property or house in Karnataka State.
- There will be a common entrance test for candidates appearing for undergraduate courses, i.e., B.Sc in Nursing, B.Sc in Anesthesia Technology and B.Sc in Radiography.
- There will not be any entrance test for Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric / Mental Health Nursing, Post Basic Diploma in Neuroscience Nursing and Diploma in Clinical Neurophysiology Technology.
NIMHANS 2018 Application Form
Application should be submitted online along with all the enclosures and photograph. No hard copy needs to be sent.
Candidates called for Interview / Counseling on qualifying in the Entrance test should submit a copy of their application abstract along with copies of certificates at the time of interview / counseling.
All claims made in the application must be supported with documentary proof in original at the time of interview / counseling.
Employees of State or Central Government or of any Public Sector Undertaking of State or Central government should send their applications through their employers. However, the advance copy of the application ( complete in all respects ) can be submitted. In case the application is not received through the employer before the date of the ONLINE Entrance test, a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer should be produced at the time of interview / counseling failing which the candidate will not be allowed to appear for interview / counseling.
Candidates called for ONLINE Entrance test and interview / counseling will have to make their own arrangements for stay at respective Test Centre. No TA / DA will be paid by NIMHANS.
NIMHANS 2018 Exam Centre
NIMHANS will be held in the cities :
NIMHANS 2018 Method of Selection
Selection will be based purely on merit based on the ONLINE entrance test. There will be counselling for students to ascertain their preference of subject, verification of documents and to implement statutory reservation provisions. General candidates securing less than 50% of marks and SC / ST candidates securing less than 45% of marks in the entrance test shall not be eligible to be called for counseling.
If no eligible candidates are available against reserved seats, they shall be filled up from general merit category.
Candidates who have cleared the UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT qualifying exams and secured JRF / SRF are exempted from the entrance test to Ph.D courses. All the candidates have to attend an interview and qualify in it by obtaining a minimum of 50% marks to be eligible for admission into the Ph.D Program. Merely qualifying in the entrance test and interview does not entitle admission to PhD course, selection is subject to availability of eligible guides in the respective departments.
A merit list will be prepared course wise and reserved category wise based on the marks scored by the candidates in the ONLINE entrance test. Eligible candidates will be called for counseling ( interview in case of Ph.D candidates ) until all the seats are filled up in all the categories. Counseling will be stopped as soon as the last seat is filled. Waiting list will be based on the merit list so prepared. A separate merit list will be prepared for MD in Psychiatry & M.Phil in Clinical Psychology for the seats reserved for Karnataka domiciles.
To know more about NIMHANS Entrance Exam Click Here
NIMHANS 2018 Results
NIMHANS 2018 Entrance Exam Results likely to be declared in the month of May, 2018.
To know more about NIMHANS Results Click Here
NIMHANS 2018 Important Dates
|Ph.D, Superspeciality, Post Doctoral , Post Graduate Post Graduate Diploma Courses|
|1||Advertisement regarding admission||5th January, 2018|
|2||Online availability of application forms||5th January, 2018|
|3||Last date for online submission of application||04th February, 2018|
|4||Online entrance test||23rd March, 2018 to 25th March, 2018|
|5||Date of interview & counselling||1st Week of June 2018|
|6||Commencement of courses||02nd July, 2018|
|7||Last date for admission||09th July, 2018|
|B.Sc and CCNT / DCNT / DPN / DNN courses|
|8||Advertisement regarding admission||1st Week of May, 2018|
|9||Online availability of application forms||01st May, 2018|
|10||Last date for online submission of application||31st May, 2018|
|11||Online Entrance Test||24th June, 2018|
|12||Commencement of courses||01st August, 2018|
|13||Last date for admission||07th August, 2018|
Bangalore – 560 029,
Phone No. : 91 – 080 – 2699 5001,
Fax : 91 – 080 – 26564830,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nimhans.kar.nic.in