OUCET 2017 Entrance Exam
Osmania University Common Entrance Tests (OUCET) are being conducted by Osmania University for admissions into various PG, PG Diploma and 5-Year Integrated Programs offered by Osmania, Telangana, Mahatma Gandhi and Palamuru Universities. The Directorate of Admissions, Osmania University has been successfully carrying out the gigantic task of conducting entrance tests and admissions into various courses offered by the University and its affiliating institutions since 2000 – 2001 academic year.
Osmania University Common Entrance Tests ( OUCET ) invites application for PG Courses for the academic year of 2017 – 2018.
OUCET 2017 Specialization
|Subject Code||Name of the Subject|
|A. POST GRADUATE COURSES|
|I. FACULTIES OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|11||Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology (AIHCA)|
|13||Journalism and Mass Communication|
|14||M.Lib.I.Sc (2 years) / Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc)|
|23||Master of Library and Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc) 1 year course|
|24||Master of Social Work (M.S.W)|
|II. FACULTY OF COMMERCE|
|III. FACULTY OF EDUCATION|
|IV. FACULTY OF SCIENCE|
|72||Biochemistry / Biotechnology Environmental Science / Forensic Science / Genetics
/ Microbiology ( BCBTESFSG&M )
|73||Nutrition & Dietetics|
|B. PG DIPLOMA COURSES|
|81||PGD in Applied Linguistics|
|82||PGD in Archival Science and Manuscriptology|
|83||PGD in Child Psychology|
|84||PGD in Digital Information Management|
|85||PGD in Functional Hindi and Translation|
|86||PGD in Geographical Cartography|
|87||PGD in Museology|
|88||PGD in Psychological Counselling|
|89||PGD in Urdu Palaeography|
|C. 5 YEARS INTEGRATED PROGRAMMES|
|95||Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry ( 5 years )|
|96||Economics ( 5 years )|
|97||M.B.A. ( 5 years )|
OUCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
A. Faculties of Arts and Social Science
Eligibility Conditions and Entrance Tests to be taken :
- The eligibility conditions are as mentioned in the column-3 of the table below.
- The candidates passing the examination compartmentally and securing required percentage of marks are also eligible. A Pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient for SC / ST candidates.
|Course||Duration||Eligibility Conditions||Entrance Test to be taken|
|Languages||Two years||Must have studied the concerned language either in Part-I or in Part-II of the qualifying examination for at least two years and for a minimum of 200 marks.|
Must have obtained 40% marks in that part (part-I or part-II of the qualifying examination), where the candidate has studied the concerned language.For Persian, in addition to above, any graduate with Persian or Arabic or Urdu as one of the languages either in Part-I or Part-II is eligible.
|Economics*/ History/ Political Science/ Public Administration||Two years||40% marks in Part-II of the graduation with concerned subject as an optional. The candidate must have studied at least four papers of 100 marks each in the concerned subject at graduation level.||Concerned Subject|
|Philosophy / Theatre Arts **||Two years||Any B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. graduate ( except oriental ) with 40% marks.||Concerned Subject|
|Sociology / MSW / AIHCA||Two years||Any Graduate ( except oriental ) with 40% marks.||Concerned Subject|
|M.C.J.||Two years||Any Graduate (except oriental) with 40% marks.||M.C.J. Entrance Test|
|B.L.I.Sc.||One year||Any Graduate with 40% marks.||B.L.I.Sc. / M.L.I.Sc.(2 yrs.) Entrance Test|
|M.L.I.Sc. ( 2 yrs.Integrated )||Two years||M.Lib.I.Sc ( 2 years ) / Bachelor of Library and Information Science ( B.Lib.I.Sc )||Any Graduate with 40% marks.|
|M.L.I.Sc.||One year||B.L.I.Sc. with 40% marks.||M.L.I.Sc. Entrance Test|
|Psychology||Two years||40% marks in Part-II with Psychology as an optional at B.A. / B.M.R. / M.Ed. / M.A.(Education) / M.Sc.(Home Science) / Diploma in Child Psychology or Industrial Psychology.||Psychology|
|Islamic Studies||Two years||Any graduate with Islamic studies / Philosophy / History / Commerce / Sociology / Political Science / Economics /Urdu / Persian / Arabic as one of the optionals in part-II with 40% marks.orAny graduate with Arabic / Persian / Urdu as second language in part-I with 40% marks.orAny graduate (with 40% marks) with Diploma in Arabic / Persian / Urdu from OU or any recognized institution by OU.||Islamic Studies|
|Linguistics||Two years||A Graduate (with 40% marks in part-II) in B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Com. with any language subject having studied for two years for a minimum of 200 marks.||Linguistics|
- * B.Com candidates are not eligible for M.A. Economics.
- **For admission into M.A. ( Theatre Arts ), the candidates must have a minimum of two years of stage experience. Knowledge of Telugu is desirable. Candidates who are dumb, deaf or blind or stammer or Physically Handicapped are not eligible. Candidates qualified at the entrance test have to appear for an aptitude test.
- The candidates with other than B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. qualification like B.E., B. Tech., B. Pharmacy, LLB (5 yrs), B.C.A., etc. must go through the eligibility conditions before applying to ensure their eligibility.
B. Faculty of Science
Eligibility Conditions for Admission:
- All the courses are of two years duration.
- Candidates should have passed B.Sc., B.A., or its equivalent examination with not less than 40% marks in the aggregate of Part-II ( for SC / ST candidates a pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient ) and studied the subject(s) mentioned in column(3) of the Table below as optional(s) at the bachelor’s degree level.
- Candidates passing the bachelor’s degree examination compartmentally are also eligible provided they secured not less than 40% marks in the aggregate of Part
|Subject (s)||Entrance Test to be written||Subject(s) that must have studied at Under Graduate Level|
|Chemistry||Chemistry||Chemistry / Biological Chemistry|
|Computer Science||Computer Science||Mathematics & Computer Science or Mathematics & Computer Applications|
|Mathematics, Applied Mathematics & Mathematics with Computer Science||Mathematics||Mathematics|
|Statistics & Applied Statistics||Statistics||Statistics and Mathematics|
|Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics & Geophysics||Physics||Physics and Mathematics|
|Electronics||Electronics||Electronics and Mathematics|
|Geology and Applied Geochemistry||Geology||Geology|
|Geography||Geography||B.A. with Geography or any B.Sc.|
|Geo-informatics||Geo-informatics||B.A. with Geography or any B.Sc. / B.Tech. /B.E. / B.C.A.|
|Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Genetics, Microbiology, Nutrition & Dietetics||Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Genetics, Microbiology, Nutrition & Dietetics ( BCBTESFSGMN&D )||For all the courses under BCBTESFSGMN&D, the candidates must have studied Chemistry as one of the optional subjects in part-II at B.Sc. level.In addition to the above, one of the following subjects must have also been studied as one of the optionals in part-II at graduation level: Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology.However, for Biochemistry and Forensic Science courses, candidates with Physics as one of the optionals, in addition to (1) above, at graduation level are also eligible.For Nutrition & Dietetics course, in addition to (1) & (2) above, the candidates must have studied any one of the following as optional subject at graduation level: Food and Nutrition, Applied Nutrition & Public Health, Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics and Food Science & Quality Control.|
- B.Pharm. / B.Sc.( MLT ) / B.Sc. ( Nursing ) / B.Sc. (Ag) / B.Sc. ( Home Science ) / B.Tech. / B.E. Graduates are not eligible for M.Sc. Courses. However, B.E./B.Tech graduates are eligible for M.Sc. ( Geo-Informatics ) and any B.Sc. graduates are eligible for M.Sc. ( Geography ).
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc. ( Chemical Technology ) of Layola Academy, Secunderabad are eligible for admission into M.Sc. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc. with i) Maths, Physics and Computer & Information Science offered by University college for Women, Koti, Hyderabad ii) B.Sc. ( Computer Science Engineering ) offered by Layola Academy, Secunderabad are eligible for admission into M.Sc. Computer Science. BCA candidates are not eligible for M.Sc. Computer Science.
C. Faculty of Commerce
|Course||Duration||Eligibility Conditions #||Entrance Test to be taken|
|M.Com.||Two years||B.Com. with 40% marks in Part -II|
( A pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient for SC / ST candidates )
|M.Com. (IS)||Two years|
|P.G. Diploma in Taxation||One year|
# A pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient for SC / ST candidates.
D. Faculty of Education
|Course||Duration||Eligibility Conditions ( as per NCTE Guidelines )||Entrance Test to be taken|
|M.Ed. *||Two years||B.Ed. Degree with 55% Marks ( 50% for SC / ST / BC candidates )||M.Ed.|
|M.P.Ed.||Two years||B.P.Ed. / B.P.E. with 55% Marks ( 50% for SC / ST/ BC candidates )||M.P.Ed.|
* Special category seats are within sanctioned intake.
List of PG Diploma Courses and Eligibility Criteria
|Course||Eligibility Conditions *|
|P.G. Diploma in Digital Information Management ( PGDDIM )||A pass in M.L.I.Sc. or B.L.I.Sc. or an equivalent course.|
|P.G. Diploma in Urdu Paleography||i) M.A. in Urdu or ii) M.A. ( Oriental Languages ) in Urdu with 50% of marks.|
|P.G. Diploma in Applied Linguistics||P.G. Degree in Language / Literature or M.Sc. in Speech and Hearing or any other related subject which offers any one of the branches ( Theoretical or Applied ) of linguistics as one of the papers.|
|P.G. Diploma in Functional Hindi and Translation||i) M.A. in Hindi or ii) M.A. in any Indian Language and having Hindi, either as optional or as Second Language, at Degree level.|
|P.G. Diploma in Child Psychology||Any Women candidate possessing a degree in any Faculty of this University or any other University recognized as equivalent there to.|
|P.G. Diploma in Museology||For fresh candidates: i) A Pass in M.A. ( A.I.H.C.A. ) with 50% marks with Museology as one of the subjects of study or ii) A pass in M.A. ( History ) with Medieval History paper as a specialization with 50% marks. For in-service candidates: i) A pass in Bachelor Degree with 3 years relevant experience in museums.Out of 12 seats, 6 seats will be offered for fresh candidates and remaining 6 seats for the in-service candidates.|
|P.G. Diploma in Archival Science and Manuscriptology||For fresh candidates: A pass in M.A. (A.I.H.C.A.) / M.A. (History) / M.A. (Indian Culture) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. For in-service candidates: i) A Bachelor Degree with 3 year relevant experience in Archives / Record rooms and libraries including Oriental manuscript libraries.Out of 12 seats, 6 seats are offered for fresh students and remaining 6 seats are offered for in-service candidates.|
|P.G. Diploma in Geographical Cartography||i) B.A., B.Sc., M.A., or M.Sc. degree of a recognized University in Geography, Geology, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics with 40% of marks in the aggregate or ii) Five year Diploma in Architecture, Fine Arts or Commercial Arts with a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate or iii) Bachelor of Architecture or iv) Graduate of any University with 40% of marks in the aggregate with at least one year experience in mapping in a Government / Quasi Government Institution.|
|PG Diploma in Psychological Counselling||B.A. Psychology / B.Ed ./ Degree or Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology / B.Sc. Nursing / B.S.W. / M.Sc. Home Science with Child Development / Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy / Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Law / P.G. Diploma in Marriage and Family Counselling / P. G. Diploma in Child Psychology / P. G. Diploma in Personal Management and Industrial Relations. For applying to the course, a minimum of 40% marks in qualifying examination is required.|
* A pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient for SC / ST candidates.
- The list of courses offered by different Universities as given above is only tentative.
- The eligibility conditions and entrance tests for the courses offered by Telangana, Mahatma Gandhi and Palamuru Universities are same as those of corresponding Osmania University courses. For M.A. ( Mass Communication ), the entrance test will be that of M.C.J. ( 2 years course ).
5 Year Integrated PG Programs
|Name of the Course||Offering University||Eligibility Conditions||Entrance Test to be taken|
|M.Sc. in Chemistry||Osmania & Palamuru Universities||The Candidates must have passed 10+2 education ( Intermediate or equivalent with MPC / BPC/ MBPC Groups ) as recognized by Board of Intermediate Education, T.S. with a minimum of 50% marks ( a pass mark is sufficient for SC / ST candidates ).||Chemistry ( 5 yrs. )|
|M.Sc.in Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Telangana & Mahatma Gandhi Universities|
|M.A. in Applied Economics||Telangana University||The Candidates must have passed 10+2 education ( Intermediate or equivalent with 50% marks ( a pass mark is sufficient for SC / ST candidates ).||Economics ( 5 yrs. )|
|M.B.A.||Mahatma Gandhi University||The Candidates must have passed 10+2 education (Intermediate or equivalent) with 50% marks (a pass mark is sufficient for SC / ST candidates).||M.B.A. ( 5 yrs. )|
To know more about Eligibility Criteria Click Here
OUCET 2017 Application Form
- The registration fee for a single subject is Rs.500/- for OC / BC candidates and Rs. 375/- for SC / ST / PH candidates. For each additional subject, the fee is Rs.300/- for all categories
- Payment of Registration Fee : The registration fee may be paid at any TS / AP Online Centres or through payment gateway ( Credit / Debit Cards / Net Banking ).
- For submission of online application and for further details, visit www.ouadmissions.com or www.osmania.ac.in.
Note : The Hall Tickets along with instructions will be made available in university websites, www.ouadmissions.com and www.osmania.ac.in, at least one week before the commencement of entrance tests. No personal intimation in this regard will be sent to the candidates.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
OUCET 2017 Exam Pattern
- The entrance tests in all the subjects will be of 90 minutes duration. Except in M.P.Ed. entrance test, the question paper consists of 100 objective (multiple choice only) type questions for 100 marks. For M.P.Ed., the entrance test will be of 75 multiple choice objective questions for 75 marks. The remaining 25 marks will be awarded by the Department of Physical Education, Osmania University for the Sports achievements of the candidates during the last three years. A table showing the incentive marks for sports achievements at different levels . The decision of the Department of Physical Education, OU will be final and binding in awarding the incentive marks for sports achievements.
- The entrance test will consist of any 3 or 4 varieties of objective type items such as analogies, classification, matching, comprehension of a research study / experiment / theoretical point of view, etc., with multiple answers besides the usual multiple choice items. The items will be framed only from the syllabus of entrance test.
- Pattern of Entrance Test for Admission to M.Sc. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Genetics, Microbiology and Nutrition & Dietetics is as follows : Candidates have to appear for a common entrance test, namely BCBTESFSGMN &D comprising of Part – A ( Chemistry for 40 Marks ) and Part – B ( One of the optionals studied at B.Sc. level for 60 Marks. The optionals are Physics, Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology )
OUCET 2017 Issue of Hall Tickets
- The Hall Tickets along with entrance schedules and necessary instructions will be made available in OU websites, www.ouadmissions.com or www.osmania.ac.in at least one week before the commencement of entrance tests.
- The candidates have to download the Hall Tickets and affix a latest passport size photograph (which is exactly similar to the one uploaded in the Online Application) in the space provided and get itself attested. Without the Hall Ticket (with self attested photograph), the candidate is not allowed to appear for entrance test.
OUCET 2017 Syllabus
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
OUCET 2017 Results
Osmanina University Common Entrance Test Results likely to be declared in the month of June, 2017
To know more about Results Click Here
OUCET 2017 Important Dates
|Date of commencement of online registration & submission of applications||21st April, 2017|
|Last date for submitting the online application||08th May, 2017|
|With a late fee of Rs. 200/-||15th May, 2017|
|With a late fee of Rs. 500/-||22nd May, 2017|
|Commencement of Entrance Test||29th May, 2017 ( tentatively )|
|To Apply : http://oucet.ouadmissions.com/Registration.aspx|
Directorate of Admissions,
Near PGRR Centre for Distance Education,
Osmania University Campus,
Hyderabad-500 007 , Telangana,
Telephone No : 040 – 27090136,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites : www.osmania.ac.in, www.ouadmissions.com