PTU CET Entrance Exam 2016
The Punjab Technical University Jalandhar will conduct the Online Centralized Counselling for admission to various degree levels Engineering and Architecture Courses being run in the Institutions and Universities located in the State of Punjab on the basis of JEE (Main) and NATA respectively for the Academic Session 2016-17. The admission shall be made in the colleges affiliated to Universities / campuses of the Universities mentioned below :
- I.K. Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University, Bathinda
Note : The number of colleges, branches in each college and the number of seats will be given in the letter of approval issued by AICTE for the year 2016-17.
PTU CET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- For admission to the Engineering / Architecture Courses, 85% seats shall be open for the candidates from within the State and 15% will be open for the candidates from outside the State.
- Admission shall be made on the basis of rank of JEE (Main) conducted by CBSE, New Delhi for both 85% quota for resident of Punjab and 15% quota for outside Punjab.
For Engineering & Technology Courses :
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination from a board recognized or established by central / state government through a legislation with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects
- Computer Science
If the seats of B.Tech. ( Bio-Technology ) remains vacant after the central counselling the seats may be filled with the candidates having following qualification also : 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects :
- Computer Science
Those candidates who have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal ( SLIET ), or any such examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education.
The candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination shall also be eligible to appear for counselling based on JEE (Main) merit. The admission of such candidates shall be purely provisional and shall stand cancelled, if they fail to produce their eligibility at the time f admission and such candidates shall have no claim, whatsoever, for admission to these courses through Counselling.
For Architecture Course :
- No candidate, with less than 50% marks in aggregate, shall be admitted to the Architecture course unless he / she has passed an examination at the level of 10+2 scheme of Senior School Certificate Examination or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject of examination at the 10+2 level.
- All admissions to Architecture degree courses shall be subject to passing of National Aptitude Test in Architecture ( NATA ) conducted by the council of Architecture and marks secured in the qualifying examination in the ratio of 50:50.
A Combined Entrance Test is conducted by the Punjab Technical University for admission to first year Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy courses in the colleges affiliated to Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and Punjab University, Patiala.
Admission to PTU Caparo School of Excellence in Manufacturing and Material Technology shall also be made on the basis of this entrance test. After successful completion of any such program, a degree in relevant discipline is awarded by the Punjab Technical University.
To Know More about Eligibility Criteria Click Here
PTU CET 2016 Exam Centres
Cities and Codes for Centres :
Cities / Districts where examination centres for CET 2016 will be located :
Each candidate may give two choices for examination centre in the order of preference.
While every effort will be made to allot the candidate the centre of his / her choice in the order of preference exercised by him / her, the Chairman, Combined Entrance Test reserves the right to allot a different centre to a candidate, if the circumstances so warrant.
If the number of candidates opting for a particular city is less than 200, the examination centre in that city may be withdrawn and the candidates may be allotted centre as per second preference or another centre as per the administrative expedience. PTU CET 2015 Test Cities and Centre Codes Details are not yet issued. Please often visit this page for further updates.
|City||District Code||City||District Code|
To Know More about Exam Centres Click Here
PTU CET 2016 Exam Pattern
Papers & Schedule of PTU CET Entrance Test 2016 :
|Course||Engineering / Technology|
|Paper I ( Compulsory)||Physics|
|Paper II ( Compulsory)||Mathematics|
|Paper III||Chemistry / Biology / Bio-Technology / Computer Science|
Each candidate has to appear in three papers only.
PTU CET 2016 Application Form
The PTU CET 2016 Information Brochure – cum – Application Form will be available from the university website: www.ptu.ac.in
The Fee Deposition procedure is available on IKGPTU website www.ptu.ac.in. Candidates should deposite the Counselling Fee of 2000/- ( Non Refundable )
To Know More about Application Form Click Here
PTU CET 2016 Results
Punjab Technical University CET 2016 Entrance Exam Results Likely to be declared in the month of July, 2016
To Know More about Results Click Here
PTU CET 2016 Important Dates
- Sale of PTU CET 2016 Application Forms : April, 2016
- Last Date for Submitting the PTU CET 2016 Forms : May, 2016
- Date of PTU Counselling Date : June, 2016
- Announcement of PTU CET 2016 Results : July, 2016
I.K .Punjab Technical University,
Jalandhar – Kapurthala Road,
Kapurthala ( Punjab),
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.ptu.ac.in.