|Home||Exam Centres||Application Form||Results|
PTU CET Entrance Exam 2017
The Punjab Technical University Jalandhar will conduct the Online Centralized Counselling for admission to various degree levels Engineering and Architecture Courses being run in the Institutions and Universities located in the State of Punjab on the basis of JEE (Main) and NATA respectively for the Academic Session 2017 – 2018. The admission shall be made in the colleges affiliated to Universities / campuses of the Universities mentioned below :
- I.K. Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University, Bathinda
PTU CET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
As per Punjab Government notification Endst. No. 08/12/2017-4TE2/953557/4 Dated 11/04/2017 eligibility criteria for admission to 1st year of B.Tech. & B.Arch. course is as under:-.
For Engineering & Technology Courses :
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination from a board recognized or established by central / state government through a legislation with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects
- Computer Science
If the seats of B.Tech. ( Bio-Technology ) remains vacant after the central counselling the seats may be filled with the candidates having following qualification also : 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects :
- Computer Science
Those candidates who have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal ( SLIET ), or any such examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education. [or]
The candidates who have passed two years certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal ( SLIET ) shall be eligible.
The candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination shall also be eligible to appear for counselling based on JEE (Main) merit. The admission of such candidates shall be purely provisional and shall stand cancelled, if they fail to produce their eligibility at the time f admission and such candidates shall have no claim, whatsoever, for admission to these courses through Counselling.
For Architecture Course :
- No candidate shall be admitted to the Architecture course unless he / she has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination. [or]
- 10th + 3 year Diploma ( any stream ) recognized by Central / State Government with 50% aggregate marks [or]
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
All admissions to Architecture degree courses shall be subject to passing of National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the council of Architecture and marks secured in the qualifying examination in the ratio of 50:50.
- Possesses a good moral character.
- Fulfils the conditions mentioned in the Punjab Govt. notification incorporated in the Information Brochure.
- Fulfils the requirements laid down by the University / Institution to which he / she is seeking admission.
- Is a citizen of India’
PTU CET 2017 Exam Pattern
Papers & Schedule of PTU CET Entrance Test 2017 :
|Course||Engineering / Technology|
|Paper I ( Compulsory )||Physics|
|Paper II ( Compulsory )||Mathematics|
|Paper III||Chemistry / Biology / Bio-Technology / Computer Science|
Each candidate has to appear in three papers only.