RAGACOVAS PGEE Entrance Examination 2017
The Pondicherry Veterinary College later rechristened as Rajiv Gandhi College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences ( RAGACOVAS ) is now renamed as the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research ( RIVER ). The Pondicherry Veterinary College Society ( PVCS ) is governed by the Board of Governors headed by Thiru. S.Velmurugan as the Chairman. There are 12 Members on the Board of Governors with the Secretary ( Animal Husbandry and Animal Welfare ), Government of Puducherry as the Vice – Chairman and the Dean as Member – Secretary. A General Body with 13 members with Secretary ( Animal Husbandry and Animal Welfare ) to Government of Puducherry as the Chairman, is the ultimate authority. Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research is fully funded by the Government of Puducherry.
RAGACOVAS Pondicherry Entrance Exam 2017
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research ( RIVER ), invites application for admission to the Post Graduate Program M.V.Sc ( Master of Veterinary Science ) Degree in the following major fields is offered for the academic year 2017 – 18.
- Veterinary Biochemistry ( VBC )
- Veterinary Medicine ( VMD )
- Veterinary Microbiology ( VMC )
- Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics ( VGO )
- Veterinary Surgery & Radiology ( VSR )
The M.V.Sc. programme shall have a duration of minimum four semesters ( two academic years ), which includes 40 credits of course work, 20 credits of research work and compulsory non-credit courses. The numbers of seats in each discipline are three ( two for Residents of UT of Puducherry and one for candidates from Other States and Union Territories of India ).
RAGACOVAS PGEE 2017 Eligibility
Academic Qualifications : B.V.Sc & A.H Degree recognized by Veterinary Council of India with a minimum O.G.P.A of 6.0 in 10.0 point scale. ( 5.5 for SC / ST candidates ). In other grading systems OGPA / Marks will be appropriately proportioned with 10 point grading scale.
Age : Should not have completed 35 years as on 31st December 2017 ( relaxable by 5 years for SC / ST candidates )
Criteria for Residents of Puducherry UT
A candidate is considered as Resident of Puducherry UT if he/she is an Indian National and satisfies at least one of the following criteria:
- Those candidates or whose parents have been residing continuously in the Puducherry UT at least for 5 years as on the preceding date of submission of application ( Form D ).
- Children of Central / State Government Servants / Defence Personnel / Central Paramilitary Forces / Employees of Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies wholly or substantially run either by the Central Government or by the Puducherry UT administration for at least a minimum period of one year to the last date of submission of application ( Form D ).
- Children of natives of the Puducherry UT who have declared any place in Puducherry UT as their hometown and so certified by their respective Heads of Office. In such case, Nativity Certificate in the Prescribed Format has to be enclosed along with the Admission Application ( Form E ).
- Children of Defence Personnel who were killed or disabled in action and children of Central Government Servants / Puducherry UT Government Servants / Defence Personnel / Employees of Public Sector Undertakings as referred in Category (2) who died while in service in Puducherry ( Form D ).
- French National residing in Puducherry UT and covered by the terms of the Treaty of Cession shall be treated on par with the candidates who produce the prescribed Puducherry Residence Certificate. Such French Nationals will not be required to produce Residence Certificate; instead they should produce a Certificate of Registration issued for this purpose from the French Consulate at Puducherry. Children of these French Nationals shall not be considered for admission under the quota of Non-Residents.
For this purpose the relevant certificate in original has to be enclosed.
RAGACOVAS PGEE 2017 Reservation of Seats
Allocation of RAGACOVAS PGEE Seats 2017
Three candidates in each of the five disciplines will be admitted during 2017-18 and the allocation of seats is as follows.
|Discipline||UT of Puducherry||Other State||Total|
|General||OBC||MBC||SC / ST|
|Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics||1||-||-||1||1||3|
|Veterinary Surgery & Radiology||1||1||-||-||1||3|
Note : Among the seats allotted for UT of Puducherry, if suitable candidates in any reserved category are not available, the seats will be filled up by candidates from General Category. In case suitable candidates from other States / UT’s are not available, those seats will not be filled up by candidates from Puducherry UT and vice-versa.
To know more about RAGACOVAS Entrance Exam Click Here
RAGACOVAS PGEE 2017 Application Form
RAGACOVAS Application for admission should be made in the prescribed form. The application and other details can be downloaded from the Institute website: www.ragacovas.com
All applications duly completed along with a Non-Refundable Fee of .1000/-( Rupees One Thousand only ) only in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Dean, RIVER, payable at Puducherry [ DD for . 500/- ( Rupees Five Hundred only ) for SC / ST candidates ] shouldbe sent to following address
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research,
Kurumbapet, Puducherry – 605 009.
Applications which are incomplete or received after the due date and time shall be rejected summarily and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. The Institute will not be responsible for any postal delay
Candidates who are employed should send their application form along with no objection certificate and prescribed fee through proper channel so as to reach this office on or before the due date. However, they can submit an advance copy along with the necessary certificates. If selected for the course he/she will be permitted to join the course only on production of relieving orders from the concerned employer.
Documents to be submitted along with RAGACOVAS Application ( Attested copies )
- B.V.Sc. & A.H. Degree Certificate**
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Transcripts of BVSc & AH Degree
- Nationality Certificate * ( Form A )
- Residence Certificate *( Form C & D/E ) – [ Only for the students of UT of Puducherry ]
- Caste Certificate* ( Form B ) – [ Only for students of UT of Puducherry ]
* These certificates need to be recent and original.
** In case of the students of RIVER who are completing their degree in 2017,
Course Completion Certificate can be submitted in place of Degree Certificate.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research PGEE Selection Procedure 2017
The selection of candidates to M.V.Sc. Degree Programme will be based both on marks obtained in the B.V.Sc. / B.V.Sc. & A.H. examination and the PG Entrance Examination-2017 ( PGEE-2017 ) with equal weightage. The candidate shall secure a minimum of 50% in the entrance examination to be eligible to get admission for M.V.Sc. Programme.
PG Entrance Examination will be conducted at 10.00 A.M. on 14th November, 2017 at the Examination Hall of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research ( RIVER ), Kurumbapet, Puducherry. All the eligible candidates can appear for the Entrance Examination on the given date at their own.No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates for appearing in the Entrance Examination. No TA and DA will be paid to the candidates for appearing in the Examination. The candidates shall collect the admit card by 9.00 A.M. at the Examination Hall, RIVER.
The duration of the Entrance Examination is two hours. The Syllabus for the Entrance Examination shall be the entire syllabus prescribed by the VCI for BVSc & AH Degree Programme. The paper will contain 200 Objective Type questions and the medium of examination shall be English.
Merit list : Among the candidates who secured minimum of 50% of marks in the PGEE-2017, the Merit List will be prepared based both on marks obtained in the B.V.Sc. / B.V.Sc. & A.H. examination and the PGEE-2017 with equal weightage. The result of Entrance Examination will be declared on 14th November, 2017 at 5.00 pm and the Merit List will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Institute. In case of a tie i.e. candidates having obtained equal marks in the merit list, the inter- se merit will be decided in order of preference as under:
- Marks obtained in the PGEE-2017
- OGPA / Marks in the Qualifying examinations
- Age ( Candidates older in age are given preference )
There is no Provision for Re-evaluation.
Counseling : Counseling for Admission will be held at 2.00 pm on 15th November, 2017 at the Office of the Dean, RIVER, Puducherry. The candidates appearing for counseling are required to pay the entire requisite fee as mentioned in section 9 in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Dean, RIVER, payable at Puducherry and deposit all the original certificates. The Admission Letter will be issued to the selected candidates on the same day.
Registration for courses The registration and commencement of classes will be on 20th November, 2017.
To know more about Application form Click Here
RAGACOVAS PGEE 2017 Result
RAGACOVAS PGEE 2017 Exam Date
RAGACOVAS Post Graduate Entrance Exam will be conducted on 14th November, 2017
RAGACOVAS PGEE Result 2017
RAGACOVAS PGEE Result 2017 : RAGACOVAS PGEE Results will be declared on 14th November, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your RAGACOVAS PGEE Results 2017…
To know more about Result Click Here
RAGACOVAS 2017 Important Dates
|1||Last date for submission of filled in RAGACOVAS Application Form||08th November, 2017, 5.00 pm|
|2||Date of RAGACOVAS Entrance Examination||14th November, 2017, 10.00 am|
|3||Date of Declaration of RAGACOVAS Results||14th November, 2017, 5.00 pm|
|4||Date of RAGACOVAS Counseling||15th November, 2017, 2.00 pm|
|5||Date of Registration & commencement of class||20th November, 2017, 9.00 am|
Kurumbapet, Puducherry – 605 009,
Tele Phone : 0413 – 2273001, 2274985
Fax : 0413 – 2272005
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.ragacovas.com