RAGACOVAS Pondicherry Entrance Exam 2017
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research ( RIVER ), invites application for admission to the Post Graduate Program M.V.Sc ( Master of Veterinary Science ) Degree in the following major fields is offered for the academic year 2017 – 18.
- Veterinary Biochemistry ( VBC )
- Veterinary Medicine ( VMD )
- Veterinary Microbiology ( VMC )
- Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics ( VGO )
- Veterinary Surgery & Radiology ( VSR )
The M.V.Sc. programme shall have a duration of minimum four semesters ( two academic years ), which includes 40 credits of course work, 20 credits of research work and compulsory non-credit courses. The numbers of seats in each discipline are three ( two for Residents of UT of Puducherry and one for candidates from Other States and Union Territories of India ).
RAGACOVAS PGEE 2017 Eligibility
Academic Qualifications : B.V.Sc & A.H Degree recognized by Veterinary Council of India with a minimum O.G.P.A of 6.0 in 10.0 point scale. ( 5.5 for SC / ST candidates ). In other grading systems OGPA / Marks will be appropriately proportioned with 10 point grading scale.
Age : Should not have completed 35 years as on 31st December 2017 ( relaxable by 5 years for SC / ST candidates )
Criteria for Residents of Puducherry UT
A candidate is considered as Resident of Puducherry UT if he/she is an Indian National and satisfies at least one of the following criteria:
- Those candidates or whose parents have been residing continuously in the Puducherry UT at least for 5 years as on the preceding date of submission of application ( Form D ).
- Children of Central / State Government Servants / Defence Personnel / Central Paramilitary Forces / Employees of Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies wholly or substantially run either by the Central Government or by the Puducherry UT administration for at least a minimum period of one year to the last date of submission of application ( Form D ).
- Children of natives of the Puducherry UT who have declared any place in Puducherry UT as their hometown and so certified by their respective Heads of Office. In such case, Nativity Certificate in the Prescribed Format has to be enclosed along with the Admission Application ( Form E ).
- Children of Defence Personnel who were killed or disabled in action and children of Central Government Servants / Puducherry UT Government Servants / Defence Personnel / Employees of Public Sector Undertakings as referred in Category (2) who died while in service in Puducherry ( Form D ).
- French National residing in Puducherry UT and covered by the terms of the Treaty of Cession shall be treated on par with the candidates who produce the prescribed Puducherry Residence Certificate. Such French Nationals will not be required to produce Residence Certificate; instead they should produce a Certificate of Registration issued for this purpose from the French Consulate at Puducherry. Children of these French Nationals shall not be considered for admission under the quota of Non-Residents.
For this purpose the relevant certificate in original has to be enclosed.
RAGACOVAS PGEE 2017 Reservation of Seats
Allocation of RAGACOVAS PGEE Seats 2017
Three candidates in each of the five disciplines will be admitted during 2017-18 and the allocation of seats is as follows.
|Discipline||UT of Puducherry||Other State||Total|
|General||OBC||MBC||SC / ST|
|Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics||1||-||-||1||1||3|
|Veterinary Surgery & Radiology||1||1||-||-||1||3|
Note : Among the seats allotted for UT of Puducherry, if suitable candidates in any reserved category are not available, the seats will be filled up by candidates from General Category. In case suitable candidates from other States / UT’s are not available, those seats will not be filled up by candidates from Puducherry UT and vice-versa.
Kurumbapet, Puducherry – 605 009,
Tele Phone : 0413 – 2271671, 2273001, 2276346,
Fax : 0413 – 2272005,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.ragacovas.com.