SMU Entrance Exam 2018
Sikkim Manipal University invites admission application for UG and PG Programs for the academic session 2018 – 2019.
Summary of the Courses Offered by SMU
|Course||Minimum Qualification||Admission Procedure|
|B Tech ( ECE, CSE, EEE, IT, ME, CE )|
Integrated MSc # (IT, CS, Software, Networking,
|10+2 / equivalent with 50% marks in PCM||Entrance Test: JEE / MU-OET or SMIT Offline Test|
|Merit, based on marks in the |
|Lateral B Tech (ECE, CSE, EEE, IT, ME and CE)||Diploma in appropriate branch OR B Sc with|
Mathematics, with 60% marks
|Merit, based on marks in the |
qualifying examination and Entrance
Test conducted by SMIT
|BCA||10+2 / equivalent in any stream with 50% marks||Entrance Test by SMU at SBAS / SMIT |
|B Sc IT #||10+2 / equivalent in any stream with 50% marks|
|MCA||Bachelor in any discipline with Maths / Statistics in 10+2 with 50% marks |
|M Sc IT #||Bachelor in any discipline with Maths / Statistics in 10+2 with 50% marks|
|BBA||10+2 / equivalent with 50% marks in any stream||Merit, based on marks in the qualifying examination |
|MBA ( Finance, Marketing, Systems & HR )||Bachelor in any discipline with 50% marks||MAT & CAT score / University Entrance Test and GDs / PIs |
|M.Tech ( CSE, DE & C, IT, PE, Prod. Engg, Process Control & Inst., Structural Engg. and VLSI Design & ES )||BE / B.Tech in related branches of Engineering with 55% marks||GATE / MU OET / Entrance Test by SMU at SMIT |
|M.Tech ( Material Science & Nano Technology )||BE / B.Tech or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering / EC / EE / Metallurgical / Aerospace / Chemical Engineering OR MSc Physics / Chemistry / Material Science / Electronic Science with 55% marks||GATE / MU OET / Entrance Test by SMU at SMIT|
|SIKKIM Manipal University Medical Campus|
|MBBS||10+2 / equivalent with 50% marks in PCB ( 40% for SC / ST / OBC )||NEET |
|MD / MS||MBBS with internship completion by 31st March, 2017||NEET ( AIPMT )|
|Integrated M Sc Medical Biotech||10+2 / equivalent with 45% marks in PCB||Merit, based on marks in the qualifying examination |
|B Sc (Nursing)||10+2 / equivalent with 45% marks in PCBE||Merit, based on marks in the |
|BPT||10+2 / equivalent with 50% marks in PCB||Merit, based on marks in the |
|M Sc Nursing||B Sc Nursing, / Post Basic BSc. Nursing with|
55% marks ( 5% relaxation for SC / ST / OBC )
|Merit, based on marks in the |
|Masters in Hospital Adm.||Bachelor in any discipline with 50% marks|
|MPT||BPT with 50% aggregate marks||Merit, based on marks in the |
|SIKKIM Manipal University Campus & School of Basic and Applied Sciences|
|B Com / B A|
|Commerce stream in +2 for B. Com||Merit, based on marks in the qualifying examination |
|Arts stream in +2 for BA|
|M.Sc. ( Phy, Chem and Maths )||B.Sc ( Gen ) / B.Sc ( Hons ) in appropriate subject with pass marks in 10+2||Merit, based on marks in the qualifying examination|
|M.Sc ( Environmental Science )||Bachelor in EVS / Botany / Zoology / Chem / Geology / Microbiology / Agriculture||Merit, based on marks in the qualifying examination|
|M.Phil ( Mathematics )||M.Sc ( Mathematics ) with 55% marks||Merit, based on marks in the qualifying examination|
|Ph D||PG Degree in relevant discipline||University Entrance Test or any other recognized Entrance Test|
|PG Diploma in Geo Informatics#||M Sc in Physics / Maths / Geology / Geophysics /|
Marine Science / Statistics / Botany OR BTech / BE in any branch with 55% marks
|Merit, based on marks in the qualifying examination |
To know more about SMU Entrance Exam Click Here
SMU University 2018 Eligibility
1. SMU Institute of Technology Eligibility Criteria :
B.Tech Program Streams Offered
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
SMU Eligibility for BTech
- Candidates must have passed ( 10+2 ) or equivalent with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry or Computer
Science or Biotechnology or Biology, as one of the optional subjects. They must have secured a minimum of 50% ( 45% for SC / ST / OBC ) marks in aggregate in these subjects to be considered for selection
- Candidate with a diploma in the appropriate branch of engineering awarded by a State Board of Technical Education, and with at least 50% ( 45% for SC /ST /OBC ) in aggregate in diploma is also eligible for admission to the first year of B Tech.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply. However, their results should be sent to SMIT by fax as soon as the result is declared. Course applied for must be clearly mentioned.
SMU University Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
1. Master of Technology in Power Electronics : ( 18 Seats )
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Telecommunication / Instrumentation Engineering, as applicable, with a minimum of 55% ( 50% for SC / ST / OBC ) marks.
2. M.Tech ( Computer Science and Engineering ) : ( 18 Seats )
- Bachelor Degree in any branch of Engineering / M.Sc. in Electronics / Computer Science / Information Technology / Physics / Mathematics / Statistics or MCA, with a minimum of 55% ( 50% marks for SC / ST / OBC ) marks or equivalent CGPA.
3. M.Tech ( Digital Electronics and Communication Engineering ) : ( 18 Seats )
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Telecommunication / Instrumentation Engineering, as applicable, with a minimum of 55% ( 50% marks for SC / ST / OBC ) marks or equivalent CGPA.
Master of Computer Applications ( MCA )
Duration : 3 years ( Six Semesters )
Intake Capacity : 45 Seats
The institute is following the eligibility rules set by AICTE to enroll students in MCA course, as given below :
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduate Level.
- Obtained at least 50% marks ( 45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category ) at the qualifying Examination
MCA Lateral Entry ( Lateral Entry to 2nd year of MCA )
Duration : 2 years ( Four Semesters )
Intake Capacity : 20% of the approved MCA seat
The institute is following the eligibility rules set by AICTE to enroll students in second year of MCA course, as given below :
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B Sc ( IT / Computer Science ) with Mathematics as a course at 10+2
level or at Graduate Level in Regular mode.
- Obtained at least 50% marks ( 45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category ) at the qualifying Examination.
Master of Business Administration ( MBA ) ( 60 seats )
It is a two year course leading to the award of MBA degree. The program has dual specialization in Marketing alongwith any one of the following specializations :
- Human Resource Development,
- Operations Management,
- Project Management,
- Quality Management,
- Banking Management,
- International Business Management
Graduate in any discipline and Bachelor’s degree holders in 10+2+3 scheme with at least 50% marks ( 45% for SC / ST / OBC ) at graduation level.
2.SMU University Medical Eligibility Criteria :
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ( MBBS )
- All candidates must be 17 years of age or older as on 31st December, 2017.
- To be eligible for admission to MBBS course, a candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and
English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination ( 10+2 or equivalent ). In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or other Backward Classes the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% instead of 50% from the recognized boards.
- In addition must have qualified in the NEET conducted by CBSE.
Integrated M.Sc Medical Biotechnology
The candidate must have passed ( 10+2 ) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – Technology with minimum 50% aggregate marks ( 45% marks for SC / ST / OBC category ).
MD / MS
The candidate must have passed MBBS with internship completing by 31st March 2017. The selection will be as per merit of NEET Score.
- The distribution of number of seats under respective categories is provisional and liable to change on Government orders / decisions by the
- The candidate must exercise his / her option for more than one category in the application as per his / her eligibility.
- The authority reserves the right of disqualifying the application/candidature of any applicant at any stage of processing if the information submitted is found to be incorrect or incomplete
3. SMU University Nursing Eligibility Criteria for Admission :
1. B.Sc Nursing Program
- Minimum Education : Candidate must have passed in 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English with minimum aggregate of 45% marks & pass in each subject from recognized board under AISSCE / CBSE / ICSE / SSCE / HSCE or other equivalent Board. 5% relaxation of marks for SC / ST / OBC candidates.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the current year.
- Candidate shall be medically fit.
2. Eligibility Criteria for Admission in MSc. Nursing Program
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic BSc. Nursing with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. 5% relaxation of marks for SC / ST /OBC candidates will be given
- The candidate should have undergone BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic BSc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by
Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- BSc. Nursing graduate should have minimum one year of experience in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council on the day of admission.
- Post Basic BSc. Nursing graduate should have minimum one year of work experience prior or after in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council on the day of admission.
- The candidate registered as “Registered Nurse” ( & not Midwife ) will not be eligible for specialization in “Obstetrics & Gynaecology Nursing”
- Candidate shall be medically fit. The candidate, selected for admission in MSc. Nursing course shall have to submit a medical fitness certificate from a physician during the admission.
- Candidates who have obtained degree qualification of distance mode will not be eligible for admission.
- The following criteria will be applied to foreign students seeking admission to MSc. Nursing course :
- Equivalency of the degree of the candidate is to be recognized / validated by Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidates must have no objection certificates from the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
1. Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Must have passed ( 10+2 ) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Should have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks for general candidates and 45% marks for SC / ST / OBC candidates from
recognized Board / University..
2. Master of Physiotherapy
- Must have passed Bachelor of Physiotherapy examination from full time, in – campus BPT course program from an institution / university duly recognized by the Indian Association of Physiotherapists.
- Should have secured a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate for all candidates.
- Candidates who are presently doing their BPT internship is also eligible to apply, but their admission to the course program is subject to their internship completion on or before 6th, August 2017.
5. SMU University School of Basic and Applied Sciences Eligibility Criteria :
M.Sc. Programs ( 2 years ) Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics( 20 seats each )
Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination as well as completed BSc ( Hons ) or BSc ( Gen ) in 10+2+3 scheme with Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 depending upon the course in which they are seeking admission from a recognized university. Preferences will be given to students with B.Sc. ( Hons )
M.Phil in Mathematics ( 2 years )
Pass in MSc ( Mathematics ) from any recognized University or equivalent with atleast 55% marks for general category & 50% marks for SC / ST / OBC.
M.Sc in Environmental Science ( 2 years )
Graduation in Science ( Environmental Science / Botany / Zoology / Chemistry / Geology / Physiology / Microbiology / Agriculture )
M.Tech Programs ( 2 years ) ( 18 seats each )
Information Technology, Materials Science & Nanotechnology, VLSI Design & Embedded Systems, Process Control & Instrumentation Engineering, Production Engineering and Structural Engineering.
- M.Tech ( Information Technology ) – Bachelor Degree in any branch of Engineering / MSc in Electronics / Computer Science / IT / Physics / Mathematics / Statistics or MCA, with a minimum of 55% ( 50% marks for SC / ST / OBC ) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- M.Tech ( Materials Science & Nano Technology ) – BE / B.Tech or equivalent in Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Metallurgical, Aerospace, Mechanical and Chemical Engineering or M Sc in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science & Electronic Science with a minimum of 55% ( 50% marks for SC / ST / OBC ) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- M.Tech ( VLSI Design and Embedded Systems ) – BE / BTech or equivalent in Electronics and Communication / Electrical and Instrumentation with minimum of 55% ( 50% marks for SC / ST / OBC ) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- M.Tech ( Process Control and Instrumentation ) – BE / BTech or equivalent in Electronics and Communication / Electrical / Mechanical and Instrumentation with minimum of 55% ( 50% marks for SC / ST / OBC ) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering ( Production Engineering ) – BE / B.Tech Degree in Mechanical / Production / Automobile Engineering with minimum of 55% ( 50% marks for SC / ST / OBC ) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- M.Tech ( Structural Engineering ) – BE / B.Tech Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum of 55% ( 50% marks for SC / ST / OBC ) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates. Unsubscribed Seat / Seats after admission of GATE qualified candidates will be filled up based on an entrance test to be conducted by the Institute in its campus. While preparing the merit, 50% weightage is given to aggregate marks obtained in BE / B.Tech and 50% weightage for marks obtained in screening test.
- Teaching assistantships are awarded to deserving regular candidates enrolled in the M.Tech Courses.
- Candidates through Manipal University Entrance Examination conducted by Manipal University, Manipal ( Karnataka ) will also be eligible to apply.
BS Engineering ( Twinning ) Program
All candidates must have passed ( 10+2 ) or equivalent with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry or
Computer Sciences or Biology or Biotechnology, as one of the optional subjects. They must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in these subjects to be considered for selection ( 45% for SC / ST / OBC ).
- JEE / MU OET / SMIT Offline Test appeared and qualified candidates may also apply for these courses. SMIT Offline Test will be conducted by SMU and MU OET will be conducted by Manipal University, Manipal ( Karnataka ).
- In all UG ( except BS Engineering ) and PG courses, 20% seats are reserved for candidates from Sikkim state. These candidates should contact Director, Technical Education, HRDD, Government of Sikkim.
BCA Program (Three years) (60 seats)
Candidates for admission into BCA programme should have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination with 50% ( 45% for SC / ST / OBC )
marks in Science, Arts & Commerce streams.
The candidates will be screened through an Entrance Examination conducted by SMU at SMIT where they will be tested and will be examined for :
- High School Level Mathematics & Science Knowledge.
- Quantitative and Numerical Ability
- Logical Reasoning Ability
- General Knowledge & General English
This undergraduate programme is conducted under the Department of Computer application through School of Basic and Applied Sciences ( SBAS ).
Bachelor of Business Administration ( BBA ) ( 3 years )
A candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from recognized Board / University with 50% marks in aggregate for general ( 45% for ST, SC & OBC ) with adequate proficiency in English.
Candidates through MU OET conducted by MU, Manipal ( Karnataka ) are also eligible for admission.
PG Diploma in Geo-Informatics (One year)
MSc in Phys. / Maths / Geology / Geophys / Marine Sc / Statistics / Botany OR BTech / BE in any branch with 55% marks. Candidates will be selected based on Merit of marks in the qualifying examination and marks obtained in Master / Bachelor degree or by any other criteria fixed by admission committee before the admissions.
B Sc IT
Candidates for admission in to B Sc IT programme should have passed Higher Secondary ( 10+2 ) Examination with 50% ( 45% for SC / ST / OBC ) marks in Science, Arts & Commerce streams
M Sc IT
- BCA / B.Sc. ( Computer Science ) / B.Sc. ( Computer Science ( Hons. ) / B.Sc. ( IT ) from a recognized University, with at least 50% (45%
for SC / ST / OBC) marks in aggregate with Mathematics in10+2 level.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with 50% marks in aggregate ( 45% for SC / ST / OBC ) Mathematics / Statistics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or Graduation.
6. SMU Eligibility for Humanities and Social Science :
B.A / B.Com
A candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream with 50% ( 45% for SC / ST / OBC ) marks in aggregate from recognized Board / University.
Note : Candidates appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examinations are also eligible to apply.
MA / M.Com
A candidate must have passed bachelor of Arts / Commerce or equivalent with 50% of marks ( 45% in case of SC / ST / OBC ).
Master of Hospital Administration
Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate for general ( 45% for North Eastern States ST, SC & OBC ) preferably with one year work experience in Hospital / Health System Management.
To know more about AMU Eligibility Criteria Click Here
SMU University 2018 Seats Reservation
1. SMU University Seat Matrix of BTech Courses
|Sl.No.||Branch ||Based on All India JEE Main Score||CET||MU-OET# / SMIT OFFLINE TEST *|
|1.||Computer Sci. & Engineering||18||12||3||2||2||36||107|
|2. ||Electronics & Communication||18||12||3||2||2||36||107|
|3. ||Electrical & Electronics||8||6||2||1||1||18||54|
|# Entrance Test conducted by Manipal University, Manipal ( Karnataka )
* SMIT Offline Test conducted by SMU
! Gorkha Territorial Administration
+ Paramilitary Force
- Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme : As per AICTE guidelines, under this scheme upto 5% of the sanctioned intake is eligible for tuition fee waiver. This is supernumerary in nature.
- 15% seats ( supernumerary ) of the sanctioned intake in each branch are for PIO / Foreign Nationals / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries.
- 15% seats ( within the sanctioned intake ) in each engineering branch is alloted to Management Quota of which 5% is for NRI / NRI sponsored candidates.
2. SMU University Number of Seats in Medical Courses / Categories
|Category Course||General||North East||Defence||Sikkim Government||NRI / NRI Sponsored||Total|
|MD / MS||13||Nil||6||3||22|
|Integrated MSc Medical Biotechnology||16||Nil||Nil||4||2||20|
|** 20% concessional and 10% with full course fees.
* Number of seats may vary from categories and in total. Please refer www.smu.edu.in for any variation in number of seats.
* May be total number of seats 100 depending on final outcome by the Hon’ble Supreme court of India & MCI.
* One seat each in ENT / Psychiatry and Pre / Para clinical will be reserved for eligible in house - residents.
# Seats in Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Psychiatry & Physiology are subject to recognition by the MCI.
*** Vacant seats will be converted to Management Seats
*@ For in service doctors, nominated by Department of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Sikkim
3. Number of Sikkim Manipal University B.Sc. Nursing Seats
|SMU Courses||General||North East||Defence||Sikkim Government||NRI / NRI Sponsored||Total|
|Hospital Administration Course|
|Master in Hospital Administration ( MHA )||8||3||1||3||NIL||15|
4. Number of SMU University Seats in Physiotherapy Course Different Categories
|Courses||Sikkim Government||General||North East||Defence||NRI / NRI Sponsored||For Students Manipal||SMU|
|MPT with Specialty||2||6||NIL||1 ( Alternating with SMU category )||1||2||1 ( Alternating with Defence category )
5. SMU University Seat Matrix for B.Tech M.Tech Courses
|1||Computer Science & Engineering||29 ||7||36|
|2||Electronics & Communication Engineering||29||7||36|
|3||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||15||3||18|
|1||Computer Science & Engineering ||15||3||18|
|2||Digital Electronics & Communication Engineering||15||3||18|
|5||Mechanical Engineering ( Production Engineering )||15||3||18|
|7||VLSI Design & Embedded Systems||15||3||18|
|8||Material Science & Nanotechnology||15||3||18|
|9||Process Control & Instrumentation||15||3||18|
6. SMU University Seat Matrix of MBA, BBA & PG Diploma in Geo – Informatics Course Seats
|Sl.No. ||Course||General||North East||Defence||SIKKIM||TOTAL|
|Business Administration Courses|
|1.||Master of Business Administration ( MBA )||35||12||1||12||60|
|2.||Bachelor of Business Administration ( BBA )||35||12||1||12||60|
|Computer Applications Courses|
|1.||Master of Computer Applications ( MCA )||26||9||1||9||45|
|2.||Bachelor of Computer Applications ( BCA )||35||12||1||12||60|
|Information Technology Courses|
|1.||M Sc IT||11||4||1||4||20|
|2||B Sc IT||11||4||1||4||20|
|Geo - Informatics Course|
|1.||Diploma in Geo-Informatics||26||9||1||9||45|
- 5% seats ( within the sanctioned intake ) may be allotted to NRI / NRI sponsored candidates in courses of Business Administration & Computer Applications.
- 20% seats under General Category in MBA and MCA may be allotted for applicants passing BBA and BCA respectively from SMU.
To know more about SMU Seats Click Here
SMU University 2018 Test Centres
SMU University Test Centre Code :
Write the code of the test centre for SMIT OFFLINE TEST ( for B Tech only ). You can givetwo choices as per priority.
SMIT Offline Test ( for B Tech Course ) shall be conducted in the following centres.
SMU Test Centre & Code for SMIT Offline Test ( for B.Tech Only ) :
|TEST CENTRE||CODES||TEST CENTRE||CODES|
In case the number of candidates is less than 10 in any centre, candidates will be allotted any of the next nearest test centres.
Candidate applying for BCA / MCA / MBA or any other course should not write any of the above test centre code.
To know more about SMU Test centres Click Here
SMU University 2018 Application Form
Submission of SMU University 2018 Application Form
- SMU University application form is available on the official website www.smu.edu.in
- Instructions should be read very carefully before filling the application form. Completed application form along with the copies of necessary documents in support of claim in any reserved category should be dispatched to the admission officer.
- No document to be attached with the application except DD as the case may be.
Duly filled in application form is to be sent by either speed post or courier service to :
For Technical, Management, Computer Applications & Basic Sciences Courses.
Chairman Admissions ( Technical Campus )
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Majhitar,
Rangpo – 737 132 ( East Sikkim ).
For Medical, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Humanities & Hospital Administration Courses.
Admission Officer ( Medical Campus )
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences,
5th Mile, Tadong, Gangtok, 737 102 ( East Sikkim ).
SMU University 2018 Entrance Exam Fee :
- 1000/- : For SMIT OFFLINE TEST ( for B.Tech ) / M.Tech / Lateral Entry
- 750/- : For BCA / MCA / MBA
Entrance exam fee not required for all other courses of SMU University.
The demand draft should be drawn in favour of ‘Sikkim Manipal University’ payable at ‘Gangtok’.
SMU University 2018 E HallTicket
- The e-hall ticket will be issued only for those candidates who have booked a slot using the OTBS before the booking end date.
- The e-hall ticket will indicate the e-hall ticket number, course’s applied, address of the test centre, test date and time selected by the candidate. Discrepancies, if any must be brought to the notice immediately.
- The e-hall ticket will be made available on www.smu.edu.in. Candidate can download e-hall ticket for website by using application number and password. The copy of the e-hall ticket will also be e-mailed to the candidate. Candidates must provide valid e-mail ID in the application form. The e-hall ticket will NOT be dispatched to candidates via post or fax.
- Candidates should ensure that a printer is connected to their computer while printing the e-hall ticket. Candidates should take two print outs of the e-hall ticket using the print option on A4 size paper only. Please ensure that all information on the e-hall ticket including photograph is clearly visible on the print out.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear for the test without a valid e-hall ticket.
- The candidates must not mutilate the e-hall ticket or change any entry made therein after it has been authenticated and received by them. The ehall ticket is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is legally punishable offence. The e-hall ticket is an important document; it must be preserved and produced at the time of counselling / admission.
- Report to the selected test centre with the two copies of the e-hall ticket, one photocopy of the application form and any one the following for photo identification : Passport / Driving License / EC Voter ID / IT PAN Card or School / College Photo – Bearing ID Card.
- Registration for fresh candidates will also be made at the test centres after payment of 1600 by the candidate on the spot (candidates need to bring two copies of their recent passport photograph).
To know know more about SMU Application Form Click Here
SMU University 2018 Results
SMU University Result 2018 : SMU University Results likely to be declared in the month of October, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your SMU University Results 2018…
SMU University 2018 Rank List
Rank will be based on the total marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in SMIT OFFLINE TEST ( for B Tech only ). In case of tie, the rank will be decided on the basis of marks scored by the candidate(s) in Mathematics for SMIT OFFLINE TEST. In case of further tie, the rank will be decided on the basis of the marks obtained in Chemistry followed by Physics.
SMU University 2018 Counselling Procedure
- The list of candidates eligible to attend the counseling, counseling schedule, venue and other relevant details will be made available on our website www.smu.edu.in ( for SMIT Offline Test for B Tech & NEET for MBBS ) and MD / MS.
- Physical presence of the candidate at the counseling is mandatory. If a candidate is prevented by unavoidable circumstances from being physically present for the counseling, he / she may authorize another individual to represent him / her at the counseling. This representative must carry the authorization letter and must bring all documents and full fee. Absence of the candidate or his / her representative at the indicated reporting time and date will result in the instantaneous forfeiture of any claim for a seat.
- The choice of course made by the candidate / representative is final and binding and cannot be altered under any circumstances.
- Only the candidate / representative will be allowed into the counseling hall. They will be called in the order of their ranks and offered the
seats available at that point of time. They are permitted to choose any of the seats available during their turn.
To know more about SMU Results Click Here
SMU 2018 Important Dates
|1||Last date for receipt of duly filled application forms forSMIT offline Test & JEE||10th April, 2018|
|2||SMIT OFFLINE TEST||April,, 2018|
|3||Publication of Result of SMIT OFFLINE TEST ( refer www.smu.edu.in )||May, 2018
|4||1st round of Counseling for admission at SMIT ( B Tech ) For all reserved categories|
(Sikkim, Defence, GTA, NE, PMF)
|5||For General JEE candidates ||May, 2018
|6||For SMIT OFFLINE Test candidates||May, 2018|
|7||2nd round of counseling through JEE / SMIT Offline Test||June, 2018|
|8||Orientation & Commencement of first semester||July, 2018|
|Lateral B.Tech ( Through Diploma / Degree )|
|9||Last date for receipt of duly filled SMU application forms||10th July, 2018|
|10||SMU Screening Test||July, 2018|
|11||SMU Counseling / Admission||July, 2018|
|12||Commencement of Classes||July, 2018|
|BBA / MBA|
|1||Last date for receipt of duly filled SMU application forms||5th August, 2018|
|2||Counselling for BBA||Direct admissions within
August , 2018( first come first serve basis )
|3||GDs / PIs & counseling for MBA at SMIT for MAT / CAT applicants||June & July, 2018|
|4||GDs / PIs & counselling for MBA at SMIT for Non - MAT / CAT applicant||June & July, 2018
|5||Commencement of first semester||August, 2018|
|BCA / MCA / M.Tech / BSc IT / M Sc IT|
|6||Last date for receipt of duly filled SMU application form ||1st August, 2018|
|7||SMU Entrance test / Counselling / Admission at SMIT for MCA First Year / Lateral Entry / M Sc IT||July & August, 2018|
|8||SMU Entrance test / Counselling / Admission at SMIT for BCA / B Sc IT||June & August, 2018|
|9||SMU Screening Test for M.Tech||August, 2018|
|10||Counseling / Admission for M.Tech||August, 2018|
|11||Commencement of first Semester ( BCA, MCA & M.Tech B Sc IT & M Sc IT )||August, 2018|
|M.Sc ( Phys, Chem, Maths, Env. Sc ), M.Phil / BS Engineering|
|12||Last date for receipt of duly filled application forms for BS Engineering||16th July, 2018|
|13||Last date for receipt of duly filled application forms for M Sc / M Phil||1st August, 2018|
|14||SMU Counseling / Admission for M.Sc & M.Phil ( Maths )||July & August, 2018|
|15||Commencement of first semester for M.Sc & M.Phil ( Maths )||August, 2018|
|16||Commencement of first semester for BS Engineering||July, 2018|
|PG Diploma in Geo Informatics|
|1||Last date for receipt of duly filled SMU application forms||1st August, 2018|
|2||Counseling / Admission at SMIT, Majitar ||August, 2018|
|3||Commencement of first semester||August, 2018|
|4||SMU Admission Test and Counseling||Dates as per MCI notification|
|5||Commencement of classes||August, 2018|
|6||Last date for admission against vacant seats arising due to any reason||August, 2018|
|MD / MS|
|7||SMU Admission Test||Dates as per MCI notification|
|8||Submission of SMU Application Form||January to February, 2018|
|9||Last date for admission against vacant seats arising due to any reason||May, 2018|
|10||Commencement of courses||May, 2018|
|Integrated M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology|
|11||Admission Process||Direct admissions|
|12||SMU Admission Period||June to July, 2018
|13||Commencement of classes||1st week of August, 2018|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)|
|14||Mode of admission||Direct Admission|
|15||Commencement of Classes||August, 2018|
|Master in Physiotherapy ( MPT )|
|16||Last date for receipt of duly filled SMU application forms||June, 2018|
|17||Counseling / Admission at SMU||July, 2018|
|18||Commencement of Classes||August, 2018|
|B Sc Nursing / M Sc Nursing|
|19||Last date of receipt of SMU application forms|| Open for direct
|20||Commencement of class||August, 2018|
|M Sc Nursing|
|21||Last date of receipt of application forms||June, 2018|
|22||Counseling / admission||June, 2018|
|23||Commencement of classes||September, 2018|
|Master in Hospital Administration, BA, B.Com, M.A, M.Com|
|24||Last date for receipt of duly filled SMU application forms : BA-B.Com||June, 2018|
|27||Counseling / admission :|
|30||Commencement of classes :|
BA-B.Com & M.com
Sikkim Manipal University,
Majitar, Rangpo – 737132, East Sikkim ,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com /
Phone : Admission Office: 03592 – 246020
Website : www.smu.edu.in