SVUCET 2018 Syllabus
In most cases, syllabi prescribed for the entrance tests relate to the common core.
Test – 01 Anthropology
- Section A : Principals of Anthropology
- Section B : Physical Anthropology and prehistoric Archaeology
- Section C : Indian Anthropology.
Test – 02 Aquaculture
- Section A : Biology of invertebrates and cell Biology
- Section B : Animal Physiology, Ecology, Evolution& Genetics
- Section C : Principles of Aquaculture
Test – 03 Biochemistry
- Section A : Bimolecular, Physiology and Methodology
- Section B : Enzymes, Metabolism and Microbiology
- Section C : Molecular Biology, Immunology and Endocrinology.
Test – 04 Biotechnology
- Section A : Genetics & Ecology and Plant Physiology of B.Sc., Botany
- Section B : Cell Biology, Genetics and Animal Physiology of B.Sc., Zoology
- Section C : Organic Chemistry of B.Sc. Chemistry.
Test – 05 Botany
- Section A : Paper I ( Microbial Diversity, Cryptogams and Gymnosperms )
- Section B : Paper II ( Anatomy, Embryology, Taxonomy and Medicinal Biology )
- Section C : Paper III ( Cell Biology, Genetics, Ecology and Biodivesity ) Paper IV ( Physiology, Tissue culture, Biotechnology Seed Technology and Horticulture )
Test – 06 Chemistry
- Section A : Covering syllabus of Inorganic Chemistry of Three years degree
- Section B : Covering syllabus of Physical chemistry of three years degree
- Section C : Organic Chemistry of syllabus of Three Years Degree
Test – 07 Commerce
- Section A : Paper I ( Business Economics ); Paper II ( Financial Accounting-I ) Paper III ( Industrial Organization & Management )
- Section B : Paper V ( Banking and Financial Systems ); Paper VI ( Financial Accounting-II )
- Section C : Paper IX ( Business Laws ); Paper X ( Income Tax and Practical Auditing )
Test – 08 Computer Science
- Section A : Paper I ( PC Software and Programming in C )
- Section B : Paper II ( Programming in C++ and Data Structures )
- Section C : Paper III ( Modern DBMS )
Test – 09 Economics
- Section A : Paper I ( Micro Economics )
- Section B : Paper II ( Macro Economics )
- Section C : Paper III ( Indian Economy )
Test-10 Physical Education
- History, principles and foundations of physical education
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Educational Technology and methods of teaching in physical education
- Olympic Movement
- Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education
- Kinesiology and Biomechanics
Test – 11 Education
- Section A : Foundations of Education, Communicative English
- Section B : Psychological foundations of education, Personality development
- Section C : Educational Technology and Computer Education, School Management and Systems Education.
Test – 12 Electronics
- Section A : Passive components and circuit analysis
- Section B : Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Section C : Solid State Electronic Circuits and Digital Electronics.
Test – 13 English
- Section A : Paper I Studied under Part – I (A) English ( A course in listing and speaking – I ( Poetry, Prose, Further reading, Short stories, One – Act plays, Grammar and Vocabulary )
- Section B : Paper II Studied under Part – I (A) English (A course in listing and speaking – I ( Poetry, Prose, Further reading, Short stories, One-Act plays, Grammar and Vocabulary )
- Section C : Paper III ( Brief survey of the English language, Forms of Poetry, Elements of Drama, Elements of Fiction, Reading / Understanding comprehension )
Test – 14 Environmental Science
- Section A : Topics studied in Environmental Studies under Degree Part – I syllabus : Introduction to Environmental studies – Renewable and non-renewable resources – Ecosystems
- Section B : Topics studied in Environmental Studies under Degree Part – I syllabus : Biodiversity and its conservation – Environmental pollution – Solid waste management – Disaster management
- Section C : Topics studied in Chemistry under Degree Part II syllabus : Paper – I : Theory of quantitative analysis, Paper – II : Non-aqueous solvents; Solutions, Paper – III : Bioinorganic Chemistry; Photochemistry.
Test – 15 Food Technology
- Section A : Basic food groups – Food constituents, nutrients, and Food requirements
- Section B : Fundamentals of Food Science, Chemistry, Processing and preparation
- Section C : Nutrition for growth and development – Food spoilage and preservation.
Test – 16 Geography
- Section A : Paper I ( Principles of Physical Geography )
- Section B : Paper II ( Human and Economic Geography )
- Section C : Paper III ( Regional Geography of India )
Test – 17 Geology
- Section A : Paper I ( Physical Geology, Crystallography and Mineralogy )
- Section B : Paper II ( Petrology and Structural Geology )
- Section C : Paper III ( Paleontology, Indian Geology and Economic Geology )
Test – 18 Hindi
- Section A&B : Paper I Studied under Part – 1 (B) Hindi ( Prescribed lesion, Non – detailed Prescribed )
- Section C : Paper II Studied under Part – I (B) Hindi ( Grammar )
Test – 19 History
- Section A : Paper I ( Indian History from earliest times to 1526 A.D. )
- Section B : Paper II ( Indian History from 1526 to 1964 )
- Section C : Paper III ( History of Modern Europe: 1789-1960 )
Test – 20 SEAP Studies ( South East Asian and Pacific Studies )
- Section A : Indian Freedom Movement, 1857-1947
- Section B : International Relations, 1870-1956
- Section C : India in World Affairs
Test – 21 Home Science
- Section A : Paper I ( Human Physiology and General Psychology )
- Section B : Paper II ( Food Science and Nutrition ), Paper III ( Sociology, Marriage and Family Relations )
- Section C : Paper IV ( Human Development ), Paper V ( Home Science Extension )
Test – 22 Hydrogeology
- Section A : Geomorphology, Mineralogy & Indian Stratigraphy, Structural Geology & Geotectonic
- Section B : Computer Applications & Geostatistics, Remote sensing & GIS, Petrology
- Section C : Hydrogeology, Environmental Geology, Geochemistry.
Test – 24 Mathematics
- Section A : Paper I Differential Equations and Solid Geometry
- Section B : Paper II Abstract Algebra and Real Analysis
- Section C : Paper III Linear Algebra and Vector Calculus
Test – 25 Microbiology
- Section A : Paper I and II : ( General Microbiology, Microbial Physiology and Metabolism, Molecular Biology.
- Section B : Paper III and IV: Immunology, Medical Microbiology and Applied Microbiology.
- Section C : Chemistry related to Biological Sciences; and Biophysical and Biochemical techniques.
Test – 26 Performing Arts
- Section A : Musicology – Paper – I
- Section B : Musicology – Paper – II
- Section C : Musicology – Paper – III
Test – 27 Philosophy
- Section A : Paper I ( Indian Philosophy )
- Section B : Paper II ( Western Philosophy )
- Section C : Paper III ( Logic and Scientific Method ), Paper IV ( Ethics )
Test – 29 Physics
- Section A : Paper I ( Mechanics, Waves and Oscillations )
- Section B : Paper II ( Thermodynamics and Optics )
- Section C : Paper III ( Electricity, Magnetism and Electronics ) Paper IV ( Modern Physics )
Test – 30 Political Science and Public Administration
- Section A : Concepts, Theories and Institutions of Political Science, Concepts and Theories of Public Administration
- Section B : Indian Government and Politics, Indian Administration
- Section C : Political Thought, Management of Resources.
Test – 32 Population Studies
- Section A : Sources of Population data – Basic Concepts & Measures – Components of Population Growth – Population structure and characteristics.
- Section B : Population Distribution – Growth of Population in India and Andhra Pradesh – population, Resources and Environment – Theories of Population growth
- Section C : Population policy and Family Welfare Program – Human Reproduction – Community Health – Steps in conducting social research – Development of different tools of research – Population Education – Credibility in communication.
Test – 33 Psychology
- Section A : General Psychology ( Introduction, Biological Basis of behavior, Sensation and Perception, Motivation, Emotion )
- Section B : Intelligence, Memory and forgetting, Thinking, Personality.
- Section C : Nature and Scope of Social Psychology, Nature and Importance of Developmental Psychology, Early stages of Development.
Test – 35 Sanskrit
- Section A : Paper I Studied Under Part-I (B) Sanskrit ( Poetry and Prose )
- Section B : Paper II Studied Under Part-I (B) Sanskrit ( Drama, Campo, Modern Prose, History of literature and Alankara
- Section C : Grammar Prescribed in the I and II year textbooks.
Test – 37 Social Work
- Section A : Paper I Social work profession, philosophy and basic social science concepts
- Section B : Paper II Social work intervention – Basic methods
- Section C : Paper III Social work intervention – Auxiliary methods; Paper IV Social work with women and children
Test – 38 Sociology
- Section A : Paper I ( Principles of Sociology )
- Section B : Paper II ( Indian Society )
- Section C : Paper III ( Social Change and Planning )
Test – 39 Space Technology
- Section A : OP – amps and digital Electronics
- Section B : Analogue and Digital Communications
- Section C : Fiber optics, Microwave and Satellite Communications.
Test – 40 Statistics
- Section A : Paper I ( Probability and Distributions )
- Section B : Paper II ( Statistical Methods and Inference )
- Section C : Paper III ( Applied Statistics – I ), Paper IV ( Applied Statistics – II )
Test – 41 Tamil
- Section A & B : Paper I Studied under Part-I (B) Tamil,
- Section C : Paper II Studied under Part-I (B) Tamil
Test – 42 Telugu
- Section A : Paper I Studied under Part-I (B) Telugu : Prachina Padyabhagamu, Adunica Padyabhagam, Navala and Grammar.
- Section B : Paper II Studied under Part-I (B) Telugu : Prachina Padyabhagamu, Adunica Padyabhagam, Gadhyabhagam, Drama, Alamkars, Grammar and essay.
- Section C : Paper II ( History of literature ) and paper III ( History of Telugu language, Grammar and Dialects ) Studied under Part II Telugu of B.A.
Test – 43 Urdu
- Section A : Paper I Studied under Part-I (B) Urdu
- Section B : Paper II Studied under Part-I (B) Urdu
- Section C : Paper I and Paper II Studied under Part-II Urdu
Test – 44 Virology
- Section A : Topics from the syllabus of B.Sc, Life Science Subjects related to : Cell Biology, Biology of Microorganisms, immunology, and Ecology.
- Section B : Topics from of B.Sc. Life Science Subjects related to: Biochemistry, Physiology, Metabolism and Genetics.
- Section C : Chapters / Topics from B.Sc. Chemistry related to : Chemical bonding, organic reagents and reactions, acidity and basicity, Isomerism, tautomerism, polymerization, polar and non – polar molecules, classification and properties of amino acids and carbohydrates, gas laws, solutions, colloids, liquids, thermodynamics, buffers, EMF, Chemical kinetics, photo and nuclear chemistry, importance of inorganic elements in biological systems.
Test – 45 Women Studies
- Indian Heritage & Culture;
- Science & Civilization
- Status of Women in India & Andhra Pradesh – Facts & Figures;
- General Awareness on Women’s achievements issues and problems
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, General Knowledge;
- specific reference to women
Test – 46 Zoology
- Section A : Paper I ( Biology of Invertebrates and Cell Biology )
- Section B : Paper II ( Biology of Chordates, Genetics, Evolution and Zoogeography )
- Section C : Paper III ( Animal physiology, Behavior and Ecology )
Test – 47 General Test
- Section A : Indian Heritage & Culture studied under Part-(C)
- Section B : Current Affairs-Regional National & International Events – Who’s who – Sports – Books – Awards Honors
- Section C : General Knowledge : Social Studies up to 10th class level – Inventions – Discoveries – Capital Cities Abbreviations – Social Problems ( corruption, beggary, casteism ) Verbal & Analytical Reasoning.
- Section A : Fundamental Unity of India
- Section B : The Chalukyas – the Rashtrakutas – their contribution to religion and culture. The Kakatiyas of Warangal – their contribution to religion and culture. Religion: Saivism and Vaishnavism. Vijayanagar Empire: Contribution to religion, culture and literature.
- Section C : Sultanate and the Mughals