|Home Page||Application Form||Exam Centres||Syllabus||Results|
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research conducts a graduate program leading to the award of Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc. – Ph.D. as well as M.Sc. Degree Programs in following Subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer & Systems Sciences ( including Communications and Applied Probability ) and Science Education for the academic year of 2017.
TIFR GS 2017 Eligibility
TIFR GS Mathematics Eligibility :
- For Ph.D. : M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Tech.
- For I – Ph.D. : B.A. / B.Sc. / B.E. / B.Tech. ( Students already / completing an M.Sc. degree by July, 2017 are not eligible ).
TIFR GS Physics Eligibility :
- For Ph.D. : M.Sc. / M.S. in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of programs(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total.
- For I – Ph.D. : M.E. / M.Tech. / B.Sc. / B.S. / B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Chem. in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of program( s ) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
- Any other degree in Science / Engineering / Medicine, or equivalent, on completion of program( s ) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
In addition :
I – Ph.D. candidates with four or more years of university education who clear the written test may be considered by TCIS for their Ph.D. Program.
TIFR GS Chemistry Eligibility :
- For Ph.D. : M.Sc. / M.Pharm.
- For Ph.D. : B.Sc. / B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Pharm.
Candidates with B.E. / B.Tech degrees can optionally get an M.Sc. degree by fulfilling necessary requirements.
TIFR GS Biology Eligibility :
- For Ph.D. : Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include, M.Sc. ( Ag. ), B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. ( 4 years course ), MBBS, BDS, M.Pharma. Candidates will be short-listed for interview based on written test marks, CV and Scientific Writeup.
- For I – Ph.D. / M.Sc. : Bachelors in any Basic Science.
Computer & System Sciences ( Including Communications and Applied Probability ) :
- For Ph.D. : B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. / M.Sc. degree holders in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering. Exceptionally well qualified students with B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. / B.Sc. or equivalent degrees in other disciplines may also be considered.
Candidates not holding a Master’s degree and admitted to a Ph.D. / Int. Ph.D. program can receive an M.Sc. degree in some subjects by fulfilling prescribed requirements.
TIFR GS 2017 Exam Schedule
|1||Physics||09:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.|
|2||Chemistry||09:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.|
|3||Computer & Systems Sciences||09:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.|
|4||Mathematics||02:30 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.|
|5||Biology||02:30 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.|