TISS NET 2021 Application Form
How to apply
- Candidates are required to apply online through the E – application process only via https://appln.tiss.edu/, Read through this page before filling in the application form. Candidates facing technical problems while filling in the application form may call 022 – 25525252 ( Monday to Saturday – Timing 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. )
- However, candidates from remote places where no Internet and Telecommunication facilities are available can get a printed copy of the application form from the Institute.
- Send request for printed form by Speed Post with application fees to the following address :
- Asisistant Registrar ( Academic ),
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Deonar Mumbai – 400088.
- Note that candidates applying through the E – application form should not send the application form by post.
TISS NET 2021 General Instructions Application Submission
Candidates have to apply through the online application form only. Following are the steps involved in filling up the form.
- The candidate has to register with an emailid. The candidate will be sent a password which is to be used to login and fill the online form.
- After login candidates have to fill in their basic details, academic details and have to mention the programs they wish to apply for in the order of preference.
- Pay the application fee ( depending on number of programs applied ) either by depositing cash in any branch of SBI or through Credit card / Debit Card / Net Banking and
- Scan and upload photograph, signature, marksheet of last exam passed and other necessary certificates.
General Instructions about applying
- Candidates can apply for a maximum of three programs across any two of the TISS Campuses and other locations.
- Candidates are requested to read through the eligibility criteria mentioned here before filling up the form.
- Unemployed candidates, whose parent’s / guardian’s annual income from all the sources for the Financial Year 2017 – 18 is less than ₹ 2.5 Lakhs for SC / ST and ₹ 1 lakh for OBC( NC ) are required to pay ₹ 250/- as Concessional Application Fee for each programme. However they should upload the necessary certificates.
- Candidates have to upload / attach relevant certificates strictly in the format mentioned here. Please refer to the section ‘Certificates / Documents to be uploaded’.
- The application fees is ₹ 1030 ( if being payed by Credit card / Debit card / Net Banking ) or ₹ 1000 + bank charges ( if being payed through bank by cash ). Candidate has to pay this amount for every program he applies for. For more details refer to the section ‘Application fee payment’. For SC / ST / OBC ( NC ) candidates, the application fee is ₹. 250/- per programme + bank charges.
- A candidate can apply for multiple programs and pay for those programs in one online form and should not fill more than one form. If a candidate is found to have filled more than one online form, all his applications will be cancelled.
Certificates / Documents to be uploaded
|General||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan ( if paid by cash ),|
|SC / ST ( Annual income more than ₹2.5 lakhs )||Photograph, Signature, Caste / Tribe Certificate, Income Certificate for the financial year 2017-18, TISS copy of challan ( if paid by cash ),|
|SC / ST ( Annual income more than ₹2.5 lakhs )||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan ( if paid by cash ), Caste / Tribe Certificate.|
|OBC( NC ) ( Annual income more than ₹1 lakh )||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan ( if paid by cash ),Other Backward Class ( Non - Creamy Layer ) certificate issued after 01st April, 2018 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar.|
|OBC ( Non Creamy Layer ) ( Annual income more than ₹1 lakh but less than ₹8 lakhs )||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan ( if paid by cash ), Other Backward Class ( Non-Creamy Layer ) certificate issued after 01st April, 2018 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar. CERTIFICATES dated before 1st April, 2018 will not be considered valid.|
|PWD||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan ( if paid by cash ) and PWD certificate.|
|KM||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan ( if paid by cash ) and KM certificate.|
|Armed Force||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan ( if paid by cash ) andArmed Force certificate.|
- Candidates applying through the online application form will have to upload the certificates mentioned above. Those who are submitting a hard copy of the application form should post along with the application form the above mentioned documents attested by a School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer ( refer to Reservation Section on the admission website ). Requests received without the above Certificates will be rejected and no communication will be sent in this regard.
- SC / ST candidates whose annual family income is <=250000 ( 2.5 lac ) and OBC ( NC ) candidates whose annual family income is <=100000 have to upload Income certificate for the Financial Year 2016-2017 issued by Revenue Officer
TISS NET 2021 Application Fees Payment
|Mode of Payment|
|No. of programmes||Online Payment by Credit Card / Debit Card||Online Payment by NetBanking||Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan|
|General||Eligible SC / ST / OBC ( NC )||General||Eligible SC / ST / OBC ( NC )||General||Eligible SC / ST/ OBC ( NC )|
|Applying for 1 Programme||₹1030||₹260||₹1030||₹260||₹1000 + Bank Charges||₹250 + Bank Charges|
|Applying for 2 Programmes||₹.2060||₹520||₹2060||₹520||₹2000 + Bank Charges||₹500 + Bank Charges|
|Applying for 3 Programmes||₹3090||₹780||₹3090||₹780||₹3000 + Bank Charges||₹750 + Bank Charges|
- Payments made via demand draft, pay order or any mode other than the above modes is not acceptable and the application will be rejected. No communication to this effect will be sent to such candidates.
- In case of payment by cash deposit in an SBI branch, please note that the SBI will charge ₹ 50/- as their processing fee for each deposit, which cannot be adjusted against the application fee.
- Candidates applying online will be asked to choose between two modes of payment ‘Cash’ or ‘Payment Gateway’ in the online application form. If the preferred mode of payment is ‘Cash’, a payment challan has to be downloaded from the ‘Download Challan’ tab. The payment challan will have 3 copies. Deposit the cash amount mentioned on the challan in any branch of State Bank Of India. The bank will return two copies of the challan ( Student Copy and TISS Copy ) with the banks seal, signature and journal number on it. Candidates have to scan the ‘TISS Copy’ of the challan, login back to the online application system and upload it.
TISS NET 2021 Admit Card
- Issue of TISS NET Admit Cards ( Online ) will be on February, 2021 Those candidates who have not received their admit card , can call TISS CARE : 022 – 2552 5252 OR may register their complaint by sending a mail to email@example.com. Note that candidates without an admit card won’t be allowed to attend the entrance test.
- The PIT and PI for all the programs will be held at TISS Mumbai, Hyderabad, Guwahati Campuses. The actual date of the PIT and PI of a candidate will be put up on the TISS website and will also be intimated to the candidate through e-mail. Short-listed candidates are requested to contact the Assistant Registrar ( Admissions ), in case they do not receive any mail with regard to the date of PIT and PI.
- Request for change in the date for the computer based National Entrance Test will not be considered. However, a change in the dates for PIT and PI may be considered, if the date of PIT and PI at the TISS clashes with the date of entrance test of another Institution or the date of final year examination of the candidate. However, the candidate must produce documentary evidence for this. Please note that the changed date for PIT and PI will be only within the time schedule announced by TISS.
- The test consists of Multiple choice questions and thus even those with rudimentary knowledge of working with computers or cell phones can do the test.
- Candidates with visual impairment will be given an option to have a SCRIBE to assist them to complete the test. The SCRIBE should be an undergraduate student and should bring a valid ID proof at the time of the test. The Persons with Disabilities who has disability of 40% or more will get compensatory extra time of 20 minutes per hour.
TISS NET 2021 Important Dates
|1||Announcement of Admissions||3rd December, 2021|
|2||Last Date for Online form APPLICATION / REGISTRATION for All Master’s programmes||15th January, 2021|
|3||Last Date for receipt of application form by post||20th January, 2021.|
|4||Issue of Admit Cards ( Online )||To be announced.|
|5||Pre-admission orentation Programme for SC / ST / OBC / Minority and PWD candidates will be held at Mumbai / Tuljapur / Hyderabad and Guwahati Campuses||To be announced.|
|6||National Entrance Test ( Computer Based ) at Different Centres||20th February, 2021.|
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.