TISS NET 2018 Selection Procedure, TISS NET 2018 Selection Process, TISSNET Pattern, TISS Entrance Exam Paper Pattern, TISS NET Exam Centres, TISS Exam Centre List, Selection Process for TISS NET 2018, TISS NET 2018 Entrance Exam Scheme, TISS NET 2018 Selection Mode, TISS NET 2018 Method of Selection, TISS NET 2018 Exam Pattern, TISS NET 2018 Test Centre, TISS NET 2018 Total Marks, TISS NET 2018 Question Pattern
|Home Page||Entrance Exam||Eligibility||Application Form||Results|
TISS NET Selection Procedure 2018
- The selection of candidates for different programs happens in two stages and has three components of assessment. All candidates appear for the National entrance test ( TISS NET ). Based on the performance in the TISS NET examination, only short listed candidates are called for the Pre Interview Test and Personal Interview. ( PIT / PI )
Marks for Different Components of Assessment :
|Marks for Different Components of Assessment|
|National Common Written Test||100 marks|
|Pre - Interview Test / GD||50 marks|
|Personal Interview||75 marks|
Personal Interview :
- The candidate is expected to be acquainted with the programme for which he / she has applied for, as questions may be asked on the topic during the Personal Interview ( P I ).
Note : Pre Interview Test ( PIT ) and Personal Interview ( PI ) for programmes offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur, MHAT, BANYAN and RANCHI will be conducted at the Mumbai Campus. For programmes offered at Hyderabad and Guwahati, the PIT / PI will be conducted at the respective campuses. Candidates applying for programmes at more than one campus, will have to travel to these places for PIT / PI.
TISS NET 2018 Exam Centre
National Entrance Test ( TISS – NET ) is computer based. It will be held on 06th January, 2018 from 2 pm to 3.40 pm in 39 centres ( below mentioned ) in different parts of the country.
|Northern Region||Chandigarh, Dehradun,New Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi, Greater Noida, Mohali|
|Eastern Region||Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Dimapur, Silchar|
|Western Region||Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Solapur, Navi - Mumbai, Thane|
|Southern Region||Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Visakhapatnam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode|
Note : The Institute may cancel any test centre and / or assign a nearby centre to a candidate, if the situation so demands.
TISS NET 2018 Exam Pattern
The computer based test is of objective type and even those with a rudimentary knowledge of working with a computer can take the test.
The objective test will have questions related to
- General Knowledge
- Analytical Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- English Proficiency
TISS NET 2018 will not have negative marking for any programme including HRM. Candidates who have applied for a single programme or multiple programmes will be attempting a single question paper with 100 questions for a duration of 100 minutes, this includes candidates who have chosen HRM in combination with other programmes.
TISS NET Merit List preparation :
- The weightage for NET, PIT and PI is as follows for the for the preparation of final merit lists for General as well as for Reserved Category candidates. NET – 40% ; PIT – 30% ; PI – 30%.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of merit and the preferences indicated by the candidates at the time of filling up the online application form ( Kindly Indicate your preferences carefully as it has implications for the merit list ).
- In case of a tie between two candidates, their PI marks will be compared and the one with more marks in PI will be considered, in case there is a tie in PI marks too their PIT marks will be compared and the one with more marks in PIT will be considered, in case there is a tie in PIT marks too then the Entrance test marks will be compared and the one with more marks in entrance test will be considered, in case there is a tie in Entrance marks too then the candidate higher in age will be given the seat.
Based on the merit list for each program, the list of selected candidates will be put up on the website. Each candidate will also receive his / her score card indicating the marks for each component of the examination process.
List of Selected Candidates and list of wait – listed candidates will be displayed on the TISS admission website www.admissions.tiss.edu.
Rules for preparation of the wait – list
- Candidates who get admission to the program of their first preference will not be on wait – lists for any other program mentioned in their list of preferences.
- Candidates who get admission into any program which is their second preference, will only be retained in the wait list of the first preference. Candidates who get admission into any program which is their third preference, will be retained in the wait list of their first and second preference.
- Candidates, who receive an admission in a program lower in their order of preferences, will be retained in the wait – list of a preference higher in the order, till the seats in that program are filled.
- In case, the candidates qualifies in two programs at the same time, when the wait list is activated, the higher preference will prevail. The Institute will offer admission only to the higher preference.
- When a candidate who has already taken admission in a program as per the first merit list is subsequently offered the higher preference when the wait list is activated, he / she will be moved into the program of higher preference and will be informed.