Tamilnadu Teachers Eligibility Test – TNTET 2014 Paper 2
TN Teacher Eligibility Test 2014 Paper 2
Teachers Recruitment Board applications are invited upto 5.30 P.M. on July, 2014 for Teacher Eligibility Test Paper – II for the year 2013 from the eligible candidates in Tamil Nadu.
In accordance with the provisions of sub – section (1) of section 23 of the RTE Act, the National Council for Teacher Education ( NCTE ) has vide Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in classes I to VIII. It had been inter alia provided that one of the essential qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any of the schools referred to in clause (n) of section 2 of the RTE Act is that he / she should pass the Teacher Eligibility Test ( TET ) which will be conducted by the appropriate Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE.
Teachers Recruitment Board is designated as the Nodal Agency for conducting of Teacher Eligibility Test and recruitment of Teachers as per G.O. (Ms) No. 181, School Education (C2) Dept, Dated 15.11.2011.
TN TET 2014 Exam Date for Paper 2
|TNTET 2014 Written Test Paper II : August, 2014.|
Category of Candidates for TNTET Paper II :
The following categories of candidates can write the Tamilnadu Teacher Eligibility Test Paper II :
- The Graduate Teachers appointed with the prescribed qualifications in Government, Government Aided and Un – aided Schools on or after 23rd August, 2010. But exemption will be granted to persons whose appointment process initiated prior to NCTE notification dated : 23.08.2010.
- Graduate Teachers working in Unaided Institutions without the prescribed qualifications shall acquire such minimum qualifications within a period of 5 years and should pass the TNTET Paper II.
- All Candidates with necessary qualifications for a Graduate Teacher and seeking for appointment as Graduate Teacher for Classes VI to VIII.
- Candidates who want to improve the scores of their previous TNTET Paper II.
Eligibility to Write TN TET Paper II
Candidates should possess the following prescribed qualifications to write the Tamilnadu Teacher Eligibility Test Paper II :
- Candidates who have passed a Bachelor’s Degree ( B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Litt. ) with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography as major subjects in their Degree course or a Degree with any one of the equivalent subjects ( Regarding equivalent subjects, Government orders issued prior to the date of this notification alone will be considered ) from a Recognized University under 10+2+3 Pattern and a Bachelor Degree in Education ( B.Ed. ) from a Recognized University and seeking an appointment as Graduate Teacher for classes VI to VIII can write Paper II.
- Candidates appearing for the Final Year Examination of B.Ed. during the current Academic Year ( 2013 – 2014 ) are also permitted to appear for Paper II in Teacher Eligibility Test. Such Candidate’s should have successfully completed the course in the current Academic Year (2012-2013) itself and should produce B.Ed Certificate during Certificate Verification, otherwise they shall not be considered for current year Government recruitment process. However they may be issued with TET certificate after producing B.Ed Degree certificate.