Vikrama Simhapuri University Post Graduate Common Entrance Tests – VSU PGCET 2018
Applications are invited for admission into various post graduate courses ( M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M.S.W. and M.Ed. ) offered by Vikrama Simhapuri University, Nellore at its constituent and affiliated colleges during the academic year 2018 – 19.
The admissions into the above courses are through the Post Graduate Common Entrance Tests conducted by Vikrama Simhapuri University, VSU PGCET 2018.
Admissions into 5 year Integrated courses & Diploma courses will be based on the marks obtained qualifying examination. No Entrance Tests For 5 Year Integrated & Diploma Courses.
The courses offered are of two years duration ( 4 semesters ), except the following.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts ( Paintng & Graphics ) is 4 years duration
- Integrated Courses in M.Sc ( Biotechnology ) which are of 5 years duration
- Diploma in Journalism, Diploma in Translation are of one year duration
- Diploma in Aquaculture is of 6 months duration
VSU PGCET 2018 Eligibility
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination from a recognized University.
- For admission into M.A. Economics, English, Political Science & Public Administration, Telugu, M.Sc. Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics / Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology (where the concerned subject is compulsory in the degree), the candidate should have at least 40% marks in the concerned subject.
- For admission into any other course, the candidate should have at least 40% aggregate marks in the group subjects.
- For admission into M.Ed., the aggregate marks in B.Ed. should be at least 50% and the aggregate marks in degree/PG should be at least 45%.
- Pass is sufficient for SC / ST candidates for admission into any course.
- A candidate who has already passed the qualifying examination or who has appeared / is appearing for the final year annual examination in 2018 is eligible to apply.
- Supplementary candidates of 2018 are not eligible for admission during 2018 – 19.
Eligibility Criteria for different courses
The eligibility criteria for admission into each course along with the entrance test one has to qualify, are given below.
- B.Sc. with Chemistry / Biochemistry and one biology subject.
- B.Sc. with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biochemistry and one biology subject or B.Tech. Biotechnology or
- B.Sc. with Botany and Chemistry / Biochemistry.
M.Sc. Organic Chemistry / M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry
- B.Sc. with Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry and any two science subjects
M.Sc. Human Nutrition & Nutraceutical Chemistry
- B.Sc. with Chemistry and one Biology subject
M.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Computer Science / B.C.A. / B.A. Computer Applications / B.Com. Computer Applications / B.Sc. Computer Applications / B.Sc. Mathematics combination / B.A. Mathematics combination or
any degree equivalent to B.Sc. Computer Science.
M.Sc. Food Technology
- B.Sc. Home Science or B.Sc. with any of the following: Biochemistry / Chemistry / Microbiology / Aquaculture / Fishery Science / Zoology / Botany / Biotechnology / Horticulture or B.Sc. (Ag.) / B.V.Sc. or B.Tech. with Food Technology / Dairying
M.Sc. Marine Biology
- B.Sc. with any one biology subject
M.Sc. Mathematics & M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
- B.A./ B.Sc. with Mathematics
- B.Sc. with Physics and Mathematics
M.Sc. Statistics with Computer Applications
- B.A. / B.Sc. with Statistics and Mathematics
- B.Sc. with Zoology
- B.Sc. with Microbiology / Chemistry and any two Biology subjects or B.Sc. with Microbiology and Computer Science/Computer Applications
M. Com. M.Com. ( Banking & Finance )
- B.Com. or B.A. with Accountancy, Statistics and Mathematics / Commerce / Economics / Computer Applications or B.B.A. or B.Sc. with Mathematics, Accountancy and Computer Science
M.Com. ( Financial Management )
- B.Com. General / Computers orB.A with AES group or B.B.M.
- B.A. with Economics
- Any graduate with English in Part I or Part II
M.A. Political Science and Public Administration
- B.A. with Political Science / Public Administration
M.S.W. (Master of Social Work)
- B.A. with Social Work / Sociology / Psychology (20 seats) or Any graduate (10 seats)
M.A. Telugu & M.A. Corporate Telugu
- Any graduate with Telugu in Part I or Part II or B. A. Oriental Learning in Telugu
5 Year Integrated M.Sc Biotechnology
- Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent with Biology, Physics, Chemistry
Diploma in Aquaculture
- A pass in Higher Secondary / Intermediate (10+2) Scheme with Biology as one of the subjects or equivalent qualification.
Diploma in Journalism
- Graduates of any stream and 2 years experience in Media / Communication organizations in any of the positions (Script Writer / Reporter / Sub Editor / Photographer / Technical Assistant/ PRO etc..
Diploma in Translation
- Any graduate from a recognized university Meidum of Instruction: TELUGU
- A pass in Higher Secondary / Intermediate ( 10+2 ) Scheme
No Entrance Tests For Bfa, 5 Year Integrated & Diploma Courses.
VSU PGCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The VSU PGCET Entrance test will be of 90 minutes duration and the question paper consists of 100 multiple choice type questions. Each question carries one mark and there is no negative mark for wrong answer.
The syllabus of each test consists of Section A for 30 marks, Section B for 30 marks and Section C for 40 marks for all subject tests except for Physical Education (M.P.Ed). Where as for Physical Education subject test 50 marks each are allotted for Section A and Section B.
) The test papers for English and Computer Science will be in English; Telugu test will be in Telugu. For all other tests, the question papers will be in both English and Telugu.
To know more about VSU PGCET 2018 Eligibility – Click Here
VSU PGCET 2018 Application Form
The VSU PGCET application should be submitted through online only at the website www.vsupgcet.in by registering the name and other details.
A Separate registration is not required for each Test. The Candidate can apply more than one test in single registration. Such candidates have to pay the applicable fee depend upon the tests selected.
The VSU PGCET online application form will be available on the websites www.vsupgcet.in from April, 2018 onwards. The payment of registration and processing fee 400/- should be made either by SBI generated challan or by online payment gateway ( like credit / debit card / Net banking ).
Bank Charges applicable as per the payment option selected by the applicant. E-challan is generated after submitting the personal details through Online payment Link. The fee paid by the applicant is non-refundable. The system generated Application number is displayed for future reference.
The last date for payment of challan –
- VSU PGCET Application Fee 300/- ( for SC / ST / PH ) & 400 ( for others ) : 30th April, 2018
- with Late fee of Rs. 500 ( for SC / ST / PH ) & 500 ( for others ) : 7th May, 2018
- with Tatkal fee of Rs. 1300 ( for SC / ST / PH ) & 1400 ( for others ) : May, 2018
VSU PGCET 2018 Hall Ticket
VSU PGCET Hall tickets will not be sent by post. Candidates have to download the VSU PGCET hall tickets from the website www.vsupgcet.in by entering the application number given in the student copy of the Registration form, one week before the commencement of the VSU PGCET 2018 tests.
VSU PGCET 2018 hall ticket is to be preserved carefully and produced at the time of admission.
To know more about VSU PGCET 2018 Application – Click Here
VSU PGCET 2018 Exam Centre
VSU PGCET Entrance tests will be conducted only at V S University College, Kakuturu, Nellore.
VSU PGCET 2018 Syllabus
In most cases, syllabi prescribed for the entrance tests relate to the common core First year syllabus of 2015 – 16, Second year syllabus of 2016 – 17 and Third year syllabus of 2017 – 18 as followed in Vikrama Simhapuri University.
Test – 101 : Biochemistry
- Section A : Paper – I ( Biomolecules and Enzymology )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Metabolism and Biochemical Techniques )
- Section C : Paper – III ( Physiology, Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology )
Test – 102 : Biotechnology
- Section A : Paper – I ( Cell Biology and Genetics )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Biological Chemistry and Microbiology )
- Section C : Paper – IV ( Applications of Biotechnology )
Test – 103 : Botany
- Section A : Paper – I ( Microbial diversity, Cryptograms and Gymnosperms )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Anatomy, Embryology, Taxonomy and Medicinal Botany )
- Section C : Paper – III ( Cell Biology, Genetics, Ecology and Biodiversity )
Test – 104 : Chemistry
- Section A : Inorganic Chemistry of three years
- Section B : Physical Chemistry of three years
- Section C : Organic Chemistry of three years
Test – 105 : Computer Science
- Section A : Paper – I ( PC Software and ‘C’ Programming )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Object Oriented Programming with Java and Data Structures )
- Section C : Paper – III ( Modern Data Base Management Systems )
Test – 106 : Food Technology
- Section A : Basic food groups – Food constituents, nutrients, and Food requirements
- Section B : Fundamentals of Food Science, Chemistry, Processing and Preparation
- Section C : Nutrition for growth and development – Food spoilage and preservation.
Test – 107 : Marine Biology
- Section A : Biology of Invertebrates and Cell Biology
- Section B : Animal Physiology, Ecology, Evolution And Genetics
- Section C : Fishery Science
Test – 108 : Mathematics
- Section A : Paper – I ( Differential Equations and Solid Geometry )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Abstract Algebra and Real Analysis )
- Section C : Paper – III ( Linear Algebra and Vector Calculus )
Test – 109 : Physics
- Section A : Paper – I ( Mechanics, Waves and Oscillations )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Thermodynamics and Optics )
- Section C : Paper – III ( Electricity, Magnetism and Electronics )
Test – 110 : Statistics
- Section A : Paper – I ( Descriptive Statistics and Probability and Distributions )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Statistical Methods and Inference )
- Section C : Paper – III ( Applied Statistics )
Test – 111 : Zoology
- Section A : Paper – I ( Biology of Invertebrates and Cell Biology )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Biology of Chordates, Embryology, Ecology and Zoogeography )
- Section C : Paper – III ( Animal Physiology, Genetics and Evolution )
Test – 112 : Microbiology
- Section A : Paper – I ( Introductory Microbiology )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Microbial Physiology and Genetics )
- Section C : Paper – IV ( Applied Microbiology )
Test – 201 : Commerce
- Section A : Paper – I ( Financial Accounting ); Paper – II ( Business Economics )
- Section B : Paper – V ( Advanced Accounting ); Paper – VIII ( Taxation )
- Section C : Paper – X ( Cost and Management Accounting ) Paper – XI ( Business Law )
Test – 202 : Economics
- Section A : Paper – I ( Micro Economics )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Macro Economics )
- Section C : Paper – III ( Indian Economy )
Test – 203 : Education
- Section A : Paper – I ( Foundations of education )
- Section B : Paper – II ( Psychological foundations of education )
- Section C : Paper – III ( Educational Technology and Computer Education ); Paper IV ( School Management and Systems of Education )
Test – 204 : English
- Section A : Paper – I Studied under Part – I English
- Section B : Paper – II Studied under Part – I English
- Section C : Paper – III ( Drama ); Paper – IV ( Novel ) Studied under part II Advanced English of B.A.
Test – 205 : Political Science & Public Administration
- Section A : Concepts and theories of Political Science. Concepts and theories of Public Administration
- Section B : Indian Government and Politics Indian Administration
- Section C : Political thought Management of resources : Human resource management, Financial management.
Test – 206 : Social Work
- Section A : Social work profession, philosophy and basic social science concepts
- Section B : Social work intervention – Basic methods
- Section C : Social work intervention – Auxiliary methods; Social work with women and children
Test – 207 : Telugu
- Section A : Paper – I Studied under Part – I Telugu
- Section B : Paper – II Studied under Part – I Telugu
- Section C : Paper – II ( Modern Language and History of Telugu Literature ); Paper – III ( History of A.P. Language – Grammar and Dialects ) Studied under Part II Advanced Telugu of B.A.
Test – 208 : Physical Education
- Section A : Paper – I
- History, principles and foundations of physical education
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Educational Technology and methods of teaching in physical education
- Section B : Paper – II
- Olympic Movement
- Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education
- Kinesiology and Biomechanics
To know more about VSU PGCET 2018 Syllabus – Click Here
VSU PGCET 2018 Results
VSU PGCET 2018 Entrance Exam Results has been declared
To know more about VSU PGCET 2018 Results – Click Here
VSU PGCET 2018 Important Dates
|1||Commencement of uploading / submission of Online applications||First week of April, 2018|
|2||Last date for submission of Online Applications|
Application Fee : Rs. 300/- ( for SC / ST / PHC) & Rs. 400/- ( for Others )
|30th April, 2018|
|3||Last date for submission of Online Applications with Late fee ( Application Fee + Late Fee Rs. 500/- )||7th May, 2018|
VSU Contact Address
Vikrama Simhapuri University,
23-3-208, Sodhan Nagar,
Near APSRTC Bus Stand,
Nellore – 524003.
Phone : 0861 – 2352300
Website : www.vsupgcet.in