Vikrama Simhapuri University Post Graduate Common Entrance Tests – VSU PGCET 2018
Applications are invited for admission into various post graduate courses ( M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M.S.W. and M.Ed. ) offered by Vikrama Simhapuri University, Nellore at its constituent and affiliated colleges during the academic year 2018 – 19.
The admissions into the above courses are through the Post Graduate Common Entrance Tests conducted by Vikrama Simhapuri University, VSU PGCET 2018.
Admissions into 5 year Integrated courses & Diploma courses will be based on the marks obtained qualifying examination. No Entrance Tests For 5 Year Integrated & Diploma Courses.
The courses offered are of two years duration ( 4 semesters ), except the following.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts ( Paintng & Graphics ) is 4 years duration
- Integrated Courses in M.Sc ( Biotechnology ) which are of 5 years duration
- Diploma in Journalism, Diploma in Translation are of one year duration
- Diploma in Aquaculture is of 6 months duration
VSU PGCET 2018 Eligibility
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination from a recognized University.
- For admission into M.A. Economics, English, Political Science & Public Administration, Telugu, M.Sc. Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics / Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology (where the concerned subject is compulsory in the degree), the candidate should have at least 40% marks in the concerned subject.
- For admission into any other course, the candidate should have at least 40% aggregate marks in the group subjects.
- For admission into M.Ed., the aggregate marks in B.Ed. should be at least 50% and the aggregate marks in degree/PG should be at least 45%.
- Pass is sufficient for SC / ST candidates for admission into any course.
- A candidate who has already passed the qualifying examination or who has appeared / is appearing for the final year annual examination in 2018 is eligible to apply.
- Supplementary candidates of 2018 are not eligible for admission during 2018 – 19.
Eligibility Criteria for different courses
The eligibility criteria for admission into each course along with the entrance test one has to qualify, are given below.
- B.Sc. with Chemistry / Biochemistry and one biology subject.
- B.Sc. with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biochemistry and one biology subject or B.Tech. Biotechnology or
- B.Sc. with Botany and Chemistry / Biochemistry.
M.Sc. Organic Chemistry / M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry
- B.Sc. with Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry and any two science subjects
M.Sc. Human Nutrition & Nutraceutical Chemistry
- B.Sc. with Chemistry and one Biology subject
M.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Computer Science / B.C.A. / B.A. Computer Applications / B.Com. Computer Applications / B.Sc. Computer Applications / B.Sc. Mathematics combination / B.A. Mathematics combination or
any degree equivalent to B.Sc. Computer Science.
M.Sc. Food Technology
- B.Sc. Home Science or B.Sc. with any of the following: Biochemistry / Chemistry / Microbiology / Aquaculture / Fishery Science / Zoology / Botany / Biotechnology / Horticulture or B.Sc. (Ag.) / B.V.Sc. or B.Tech. with Food Technology / Dairying
M.Sc. Marine Biology
- B.Sc. with any one biology subject
M.Sc. Mathematics & M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
- B.A./ B.Sc. with Mathematics
- B.Sc. with Physics and Mathematics
M.Sc. Statistics with Computer Applications
- B.A. / B.Sc. with Statistics and Mathematics
- B.Sc. with Zoology
- B.Sc. with Microbiology / Chemistry and any two Biology subjects or B.Sc. with Microbiology and Computer Science/Computer Applications
M. Com. M.Com. ( Banking & Finance )
- B.Com. or B.A. with Accountancy, Statistics and Mathematics / Commerce / Economics / Computer Applications or B.B.A. or B.Sc. with Mathematics, Accountancy and Computer Science
M.Com. ( Financial Management )
- B.Com. General / Computers orB.A with AES group or B.B.M.
- B.A. with Economics
- Any graduate with English in Part I or Part II
M.A. Political Science and Public Administration
- B.A. with Political Science / Public Administration
M.S.W. (Master of Social Work)
- B.A. with Social Work / Sociology / Psychology (20 seats) or Any graduate (10 seats)
M.A. Telugu & M.A. Corporate Telugu
- Any graduate with Telugu in Part I or Part II or B. A. Oriental Learning in Telugu
5 Year Integrated M.Sc Biotechnology
- Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent with Biology, Physics, Chemistry
Diploma in Aquaculture
- A pass in Higher Secondary / Intermediate (10+2) Scheme with Biology as one of the subjects or equivalent qualification.
Diploma in Journalism
- Graduates of any stream and 2 years experience in Media / Communication organizations in any of the positions (Script Writer / Reporter / Sub Editor / Photographer / Technical Assistant/ PRO etc..
Diploma in Translation
- Any graduate from a recognized university Meidum of Instruction: TELUGU
- A pass in Higher Secondary / Intermediate ( 10+2 ) Scheme
No Entrance Tests For Bfa, 5 Year Integrated & Diploma Courses.
VSU PGCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The VSU PGCET Entrance test will be of 90 minutes duration and the question paper consists of 100 multiple choice type questions. Each question carries one mark and there is no negative mark for wrong answer.
The syllabus of each test consists of Section A for 30 marks, Section B for 30 marks and Section C for 40 marks for all subject tests except for Physical Education (M.P.Ed). Where as for Physical Education subject test 50 marks each are allotted for Section A and Section B.
) The test papers for English and Computer Science will be in English; Telugu test will be in Telugu. For all other tests, the question papers will be in both English and Telugu.