WBJEE Eligibility 2013
|Important : West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board ( WBJEEB 2013 ) will not conduct the Common Entrance Examination for admission to undergraduate Medical / Dental courses in West Bengal with effect from the 2013 – 14 academic session.
Aspirants are hereby advised to visit the official websites of Medical Council of India ( MCI ) and Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ) for taking part in the All India UG Medical / Dental Entrance Examination. NEET ( UG ) 2013.
WBJEE 2013 Eligibility
1. Applicant must be a citizen of India.
2. WBJEE 2013 Age Restriction :
- For Engineering / Technology Courses other than Marine Engineering : Candidates must be at least 17 ( seventeen ) years of age as on 31.12.2013. There is no upper age limit.
- Marine Engineering course : Candidates must be at least 17 (seventeen) years of age or above as on 31.12.2013 and must not be above 25 ( twenty five ) years of age as on 31.07.2013; as per guidelines of appropriate authority.
3. Residential / Domicile requirement :
|Type of Institute||Domicile Requirement|
|State - Aided Universities||NO|
|Government Engineering / Technical Colleges||YES|
|Self Financed Institutes||NO|
Explanation for Domicile of West Bengal :
The candidate MUST have been residing in West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 ( ten ) years as on 31.12.2012.
His / her parents MUST be permanent residents of West Bengal having their permanent home address within the State of West Bengal.
4. Competent Authority to issue Residential / Domicile Certificate :
In order to become eligible for admission to Government Engineering / Technology Colleges Residential / Domicile Certificate has to be submitted by the intending candidate. The proforma is to be downloaded and printed on an A4 size white paper and will be required to be filled in properly ( as applicable ). It must be signed and certified by any of the following competent authorities from Central Government or State Government having local jurisdiction over the place of the permanent residence of the concerned candidate or his / her parents, as the case may be, viz.
- District Magistrate
- Additional District Magistrate
- Deputy Magistrate & Deputy Collector
- Sub – Divisional Officer
- Block Development Officer
- Superintendent of Police
- Additional Supdt. of Police
- Sub Divisional Police Officer or Deputy Supdt. of Police
- Judicial Magistrate of any rank or position in the concerned district or Metropolitan locality or Hon’ble
High Court at Calcutta or Hon’ble Supreme Court of India
- Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Municipal Corporation;
- Executive Officer of Municipality
- Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Police Commissionerate
- Assistant Secretary or above in the Secretariat to the Government of West Bengal or Central Government
- Deputy Director or above in the Directorate to the Government of West Bengal or Central Government. Every official certifying the Domicile Status of the candidate or his / her parents MUST provide one’s Full Name, Designation, Place of Posting with Address, Landline and Mobile Number along with the Employee’s Identity Card Number. These Details are Mandatory. Certification from any Authority Other than what have been Enumerated above ‘will not be accepted.’ No elected people’s representative like municipal commissioner, councillor / alderman of Municipal Corporation, MLA or MP is entitled to issue such certificates.
5. Reserved Categories :
1. SC / ST of West Bengal :
The Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates DOMICILED in the State of West Bengal, as specified vide Government of West Bengal Order No. 1813-PCW/MR-94/11 dated 20.06.2011 are eligible for admission through West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations 2013 for admission to undergraduate level courses in Engineering & Technology in all Government and Government aided Institutions and in such other Self Financing Institutions who provide consent to admit such SC / ST students as per State Government notification under such reserved categories up to the requisite percentage of total seats in the said institute. The Caste certificate is to be issued by the any of the following competent authorities viz.
- Deputy Director, Backward Classes Welfare Directorate; W.B.
- Commissioner, Backward classes welfare W.B. in case of candidates claiming to be SC or ST residing in any part of West Bengal.
- Deputy Collector of Land Revenue, Kolkata
- Collector of Stamp Revenue, Kolkata
- Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata
- Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata
- Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata
- 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate
- Executive Magistrate
- Sub – divisional Magistrate
- Sub – divisional Officer
- Deputy Collector
- Additional District Magistrate
- Collector and
- District Magistrate within their respective local jurisdictions – in case of candidates claiming to be SC or ST and ordinarily residing within such jurisdictions.
The Certificate being Submitted by the Candidate for Claiming Reservation Under SC / ST Quota; must have been issued by the Competent Authority as per “A” and “B” above, on a Date Prior to the Submission of the Actual online application. Certificate issued on a Later Date by any authority, will not be acceptable at the time of admission through Counselling.
2. SC / ST of Other States :
SC / ST Candidates Hailing from States Other than West Bengal are not Eligible for such benefits and they will be Treated as General Category Candidates.
3. PwD ( Persons with disabilities ) :
The PwD candidates claiming seats under reserved category are required to produce appropriate PwD certificate issued by the competent authority satisfying the following criteria.
WBJEE Admission to B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch Courses : PWD category candidates will be Eligible with a minimum of 40% disability with respect to Loco – motor disorder, Visual impairment, Speech & Hearing Impairment subject to the condition that the candidate is capable of carrying out all activities related to theory and practical work as applicable to B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch courses without any special concession and exemption.
The list of competent authorities in this regard includes :
Officer – in – Charge or Medical Head of Primary Health Centres, Block Primary Health Centres, State General
Hospitals, Rural Hospitals, Sub-Divisional Hospitals or the District Hospitals run by the State Governmnet
or any hospital run by a statutory body or authority.
Pwd Candidates Hailing from States Other than West Bengal are not Eligible for such Benefits and they will be Treated as General Category Candidates.
4. Minority ( Sikh & Christian ) :
Candidates belonging to Sikh / Christian Religious Minority Category and DOMICILED in West Bengal; MAY choose to get admitted in such religious minority institutes as approved by the Government against specified MINORITY QUOTA notified by the State Government of West Bengal.
5. WBJEE 2013 Reservation of seats for SC / ST / PwD Candidates
In Government Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State as well as those Self Financing Private Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State, who have received some grants-in aid from the Government, reservation of seats for SC / ST / PwD candidates shall be governed by the State Govt. Reservation Rules.
For Self Financing Private Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State, reservation of seats under such categories is NOT a mandatory requirement. However, some of such colleges offer seats to reserved categories of students at the discretion of the concerned College Authority.
For Universities, reservation of seats for SC / ST / PwD candidates shall be governed by the rules of the concerned University in consonance with the State Government Rules.
Though availability of seats for aforesaid reserved categories of students shall be declared by the appropriate authority in due course, it is presumably in the following break – up.
For Scheduled Caste ( SC ) category : – 22 ( twenty – two ) percent of total Institutional Intake in the respective Course;
For Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) category : – 6 ( six ) percent of total Institutional Intake in the respective Course and
For Person with Disability ( PwD ) category : – 3 ( three ) percent of total Institutional Intake in the respective Course.
It is important to note that such reserved categories of seats are ONLY offered to candidates DOMICILED IN THE STATE OF WEST BENGAL, as per Government rules.
6. WBJEE 2013 Reservation of seats for students under Defence Quota :
Altogether 12 ( twelve ) seats are reserved for students under Defence Quota. Out of them, 7 ( seven ) seats are reserved in different branches in Govt. Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State; 2 ( two ) seats ar reserved in Jadavpur University and 3 (three) seats are reserved at Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur respectively. The branches of such seats in these Universities will be decided by the respective University Authority. Branch-wise distribution of 7 ( seven ) seats under Govt. Engineering Colleges is furnished below :
|Name of the Government Engineering / Technology College||No. of seats with branch available|
|1. Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College : ||1 ( Mechanical Engineering )|
|1 ( Information Technology )|
|2 . Government College of Engineering & Textile Tech., Serampore :||1 ( Information Technology )|
|3 . Government College of Engineering & Textile Tech., Berhampore :||1 ( Computer Science & Engineering )|
|4 . Government College of Engineering & Ceramic Tech., Kolkata :||1 ( Information Technology )|
|5 . Government College of Engineering & Leather Tech., Kolkata :||1 ( Leather Technology )|
|6. Kalyani Governement Engineering College, Kalyani :||1 ( Electrical Engineering )|
For consideration under Defence Quota, candidates will have to apply to the Rajya Sainik Board, Home Department, Government of West Bengal, Writers’ Buildings, Kolkata – 700 001 through the concerned Zila Sainik Board, W.B. ( for ex-servicemen ) and Units ( for serving soldiers ) in the prescribed form ( available with the addressee ) with an attested copy of WBJEE 2013 Admit Card. Based on the recommendation of the said Rajya Sainik Board, a separate Merit List shall be published by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for counselling and allotment of seats.
7. Reservation of seats for students Merit listed in JEE ( Mains ) 2013, the All India Common Entrance Examination for admission into NIT, IIIT and other Central Institutes of Engineering & Technology :
Seats are available for students merit listed in JEE ( Mains ) 2013 ( erstwhile AIEEE ), the All India Common
Entrance Examination for admission to NIT, IIIT and other Central Institutes of Engineering & Technology up to the extent of 10% of the approved seats in all the existing Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State. Allotment of seats shall be strictly on the basis of merit and preference of students through the counselling process conducted by the Competent Authority. The eligibility and other criteria as stipulated for WBJEE 2013 candidates for admission to degree level Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy /Architecture courses, will also be applicable for JEE ( Mains ) 2013 merit listed candidates.
8. Minority ( Sikh & Christian ) :
Percentage of reserved seats will be as per discretion of the minority institutes and thereafter notified by the Government.
9. WBJEE 2013 Reservation of seats for admission under Management Quota :
Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State offering B. Tech / B. Pharm / B. Arch courses have been allowed to admit students directly by the Concerned Management from intending merit listed students fulfilling the required eligibility criteria as may be specified by the Higher Education Department of the State. Maximum number of seats available for such category is 10% of the approved intake. However, final status for availability of such seats may be notified in due course.
5.6. Academic requirements
Candidates Applying for Wbjee 2013 Must have the Following Minimum Academic Qualifications, Specified by the Aicte, Different For Different Courses As Mentioned Below. Candidates Who Are Appearing for the Higher Secondary Examination ( 10+2 Level ) Or Its Equivalent Examination in 2013 but Standing to Pass the same with these Minimum Academic Qualifications, Specified by the Aicte; will Become Eligible During Counselling after the Declaration of Results of Wbjee 2013. The Candidates found to Possess Lower Qualifications will be Debarred from Registration for the Counselling Process and will not get admission in any of the Institutes.
1. For Engineering / Technology & B.Pharm courses other than Marine Engineering :
Candidates must pass Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 level) or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together ( 40% for SC / ST / PwD candidates ) and with at least 30% marks in English ( for all categories of candidates ) besides having individual pass marks in each of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Vernacular ( or any other fifth subject ).
2. For Marine Engineering Course :
Candidates must pass Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 level) or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together and with at least 50% marks in English either in 10th or in 12th Standard besides having individual pass marks in each of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Vernacular ( or any other fifth subject ).
3. For Architecture Course: A candidate, besides satisfying the eligibility criteria, must qualify in the NATA ( National Aptitude Test in Architecture ) conducted by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi and necessary document in this regard is to be produced at the time of Counselling.
WBJEE 2013 Navigation : WBJEE Counselling 2013, WBJEE Syllabus 2013, WBJEE Results 2013, WBJEE Biological Science Syllabus 2012 , WBJEE Biological Science Syllabus 2012, WBJEE Chemistry Syllabus 2013 , WBJEE Physics Syllabus 2013 , WBJEE Mathematics Syllabus 2013, WBJEE Admit Card 2013, WBJEE Allahabad Bank Branches 2013, WBJEE Application Form 2013, WBJEE Eligibility 2013, WBJEE Exam Date 2013, WBJEE Preparation Question Bank CD
WBJEE Related : WBJEE 2013, WBJEE 2013 Eligibility, WBJEE MBBS Eligibility 2013, WBJEE Eligibility 2013, WBJEE BTech Eligibility 2013, WBJEE Admission Eligibility 2013, WBJEE Exam Centre 2013, WBJEE 2013 Reservation Seats, WBJEE 2013 Age Limit, Joint Entrance Examination Board Test Centre 2013, WBJEE 2013 Entrance Exam Eligibility 2013, WBJEE Medical Eligibility 2013, WBJEE 2013 Residential Requirements, WBJEE Dental Eligibility 2013, West Bengal JEE 2013 Test Centre in Tripura. WBJEE Engineering Eligibility 2013, West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board Eligibility 2013, WBJEE Qualification 2013, WBJEE BArch Eligibility Criteria 2013, WBJEE Entrance Test Eligibility 2013, Joint Entrance Examination Board Test Eligibility 2013, WBJEE Science Admission Test 2013, Entrance Exam 2013, Entrance Exam Notification 2013,
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination – WBJEE 2013 Eligibility – WBJEE 2013 Age Restriction – WBJEE 2013 Residential Requirements.
Posted In entrance exam : wbjee : Leave a response for wbjee eligibility 2013 by amala