Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test (ED CET )Exams Date »
Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test 2018
Applications in the prescribed form are invited for Education Common Entrance Test ( Ed.CET-2018 ) for selection of candidates for admission into M.Ed. regular course in Colleges of Education in Andhra Pradesh for the academic year 2018.
- M.Ed. ( I.A.S.E ) ( 2 years duration )
- M.Ed. ( 2 years duration )
- M.Ed. – PGC – AU- VZM ( 2 years duration )
Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test 2018 Eligibility
M.Ed. ( I.A.S.E ) ( 2 years duration )
Candidates should have passed the following streams to be eligible for M.Ed course
- B.A. Ed / B.Sc. Ed.
- D.Ed. with B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com / B.E. or B.Tech
Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test 2018 Seats
Reservation of Seats
- Admission into various courses of study shall be made on the basis of AUCET-2018 Rank and eligibility criteria subject to the rule of reservation as detailed below
In every course of study and category 85% of the available seats are reserved in favour of the Local Candidates from the districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam belonging to Andhra University area.
- A candidate shall be regarded as a local candidate in relation to a local area ( AU/ OU / SVU )
- If he / she has studied in an educational institution or educational institutions in such local area for a period of not less than four consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he / she appeared or first appeared in the relevant qualifying examination as the case may be ( or )
- Where, during the whole or any part of the four consecutive academic years in which he / she appeared, or first appeared in the relevant qualifying examination, he / she has not studied in any educational institutions, if he / she resided in that local area for a period of not less than four years immediately preceding the date of commencement of the relevant qualifying examination in which he / she appeared, or first appeared, as the case may be.
- A candidate who is not regarded above in relation to any local area shall be regarded as a local candidate of AU / OU / SVU.
- If he / she has studied in the educational institutions in the state for a period of not less than seven consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he / she appeared or first appeared for the relevant qualifying examination as the case may be, be regarded as a local candidate in relation to ( i ) Such local area where he / she has studied for the maximum period out of the period of seven years; or ( ii ) Where the period of his / her study in two or more local areas is equal, such local area where he / she studied last in such equal periods;
- If during the whole or any part of the seven consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he / she appeared or first appeared for the relevant qualifying examinations, he / she not studied in the educational institutions, in any local area, but has resided in the State during the whole of the said period of seven years, be regarded as a local Candidate in relation to ( i ) Such local area where he / she has resided for the maximum period out of the said period of seven years; or ( ii ) Where the period of his / her residence in two or more local areas is equal, such local area where he she has resided last in such periods.
- The remaining 15% seats can be competed by the categories mentioned below
- All candidates defined as “Locals” of Andhra University area, and
- The following categories of candidates who are defined as “Non-locals” for the present purpose: ( i ) All candidates, who are locals for Osmania and Sri Venkateswara University areas. ( ii ) Candidates who have resided in the State of Andhra Pradesh for a total period of ten years, excluding periods of study outside the State; or either of whose parents have resided in the State for a period of ten years excluding periods of employment outside the State. ( iii ) Candidates who are spouses / children of those in the employment of the State or Central Government, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities, Educational Institutions recognized by the Government and similar State or quasi Government Institutions within the State. A Certificate to that effect from the Head of the Institution or Department should be enclosed. ( G.O.No.646 dated : 10th July, 1979 )
Other Categories of Reservation
The allocation of percentage of seats as detailed below is as per G.O.M.S.No.184, Education ( EC-2 ) Department, dt. 20th August, 1993, and G.O.M.S.No.116 SW ( CV-1 ) dt. 10th December, 1999 as amended up to date
- Department, dt. 20th August, 1993, and G.O.M.S.No.116 SW ( CV-1 ) dt. 10th December, 1999 as amended up to date: ( a ) Scheduled Castes ( SC ) : 15%; Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) : 6%; Listed Backward Classes ( BC: 29%, A-7%, B-10%, C-1%, D-7% and E-4% ).
- NCC: 1%; Sports: 0.5%; Children of Armed Forces Personnel ( CAP ): 2% of seats be filled by horizontal method of reservation. This reservation is applicable for local candidates only.
- PH: 3% of seats be filled by following horizontal method of reservation. In the absence of suitable PH candidates in the respective categories, these seats will be filled-in with other candidates of the same category. This reservation is applicable for local candidates only.
- 33.33% of the seats in each course shall be reserved in favour of women candidates in each category. This rule of reservation shall not be applicable if women candidates selected on merit in each category form 33.33% or more of the seats therein. In the absence of eligible women candidates in categories of SC, ST, BC Groups A, B, C, D, E, those seats will be filled in with men candidates of the same category. ( G.O.M.S.no.184, dt. 20th August, 1993 );
- The number of seats reserved under various categories shall be calculated on the total seats available in the respective units given below as per the existing rules of the respective universities: If there is any fraction in the calculation of seats under reservation for various categories, it should be rounded off to the nearest number without affecting the sanctioned strength.
- All Science courses offered by respective University Campus Colleges and P.G.Centre are taken as one unit each.
- All Science courses offered by all colleges under the Government and Private managements affiliated to AU are taken as one unit each.
- All Arts courses offered by campus colleges and PG Centre of the University are taken as one unit each.
- All Arts Courses offered by all colleges under the Government and Private managements affiliated to AU are taken as one unit each.
- 5 -year Integrated M.A. / M.Sc. Programmes offered in AU Campus colleges are taken as one unit each.
- M.Sc. Applied Chemistry and M.Sc. Computer Science Courses offered in A.U. Engineering College are taken as one unit and M.Sc. Computer Science Courses offered in affiliated college are taken as one unit.
- 1% supernumerary seats in each course are available in A.U. Campus to candidates belonging to AU NSS candidates. The selection of the candidates for the NSS categories will be made under the following three categories i.e., A, B, C.
- “A” Grade : The volunteer should fulfill the Tasks and Targets of two years service along with Special Camp participation and represented the Nation in the International Event in NSS activities OR recipient of Indira Gandhi National NSS Award OR participant in the Republic Day Parade Camp in New Delhi.
- “B” Grade : The volunteer should fulfill the Tasks and Targets of Two years service along with Special Camp participation and participated in the National Integration Camp. Pre-R.D. Camp, Inter-Collegiate Camp, Youth Leadership Training Camp winners of the district, University Youth Festivals, recipients of District / University level NSS Best Service Awards.
- “C” Grade : The volunteer should fulfill the Tasks and Targets of two years service and participation in the Special Camping Programme.
- 5% supernumerary seats in each course are available in Campus colleges of the University to candidates belonging to Other States. To consider a candidate under Other States category, the candidate should have studied in any state other than A.P. and Telangana and be a native of a place outside A.P. and Telangana
- 15% supernumerary seats are available in Campus colleges of the participating Universities Colleges to Foreign students in each course as per the D.O.No.F.1-30 / 94 ( CPP-11 ) of UGC subject to their eligibility. Such candidates need not appear for the Entrance Test. Their applications will be considered under separate fee structure applicable to foreign students.
Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test Pattern 2018
- The Syllabi for the entrance test can be had from Andhra University’s official websites www.audoa.in.
- Candidates shall come to the Examination hall at least half-an hour before the commencement of the Test.
- Candidates will not be allowed into the examination hall without hall-ticket or after the commencement of the Test. They will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the stipulated time.
- Calculators, pagers, cell phones, books, papers, logarithm tables, slide-rule or any other calculating aids are NOT ALLOWED into the Examination hall.
- Candidates should answer on the candidate specific ( with candidate name, Hall Ticket Number and photo ) OMR ANSWER SHEET only.
- The Chief Superintendent of the test centre can take disciplinary action on candidates involved in indiscipline, malpractice, impersonation, etc., and the answer scripts of such candidates will not be valued.
Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test 2018 Application Form
How to apply
- Application form will be available at the website andhrauniversity.edu.in.
- should be submitted through online only.
- The following information must be kept ready for filling the details for Online submission
- Select the eligible courses and corresponding tests.
- Hall-Ticket Number of Qualifying Examination.
- Percentage of marks and year of Passing of Qualifying Examination, if Passed.
- Date of Birth as per SSC records.
- Caste in case of SC / ST / BC candidates.
- PH / NCC / NSS / SPORTS / CAP etc.
- Parental Income Upto One lakh or up to Two lakhs or more than Two Lakhs ( rupees )
- Study or Residence ( from M.R.O ) or relevant certificate for proof of local status.
The above original certificates are to be submitted during the Counseling for Admission
- A candidate has to pay ₹600/- ( ₹500/- for SC / ST / PHC ) ( Plus Bank charges applicable for the mode of payment selected ) as Registration and Application Processing Fee ( and late fee if applicable ) by opting any of the following modes of payments:
- Andhra Bank
- Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking.
- After filling the online Application form with the required details, verify all the details carefully and press Submit button.
- Filled in Application Form will be generated that contains Application number along with filled details.
- Take print out of filled in Online Application Form.
- Use the Application number for future correspondence till the admission process is completed.
Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test 2018 Hall Ticket
- Candidates should download the Hall-Tickets from the University’s official website www.audoa.in and attend the examination.
Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test Centres 2018
- AUCET-2018 will be conducted at the following Test Centres
- Candidate should mention the Centre code and name of his / her choice of Test Centre in Online Application Form. Candidates applying for more than one test are advised to opt for the same Centre as there is a likelihood of clash of dates and timings. Requests for change of Test Centre and Subject opted by the candidate in the Application Form will not be considered under any circumstances.
- When the number of registered candidates for any test is below 200, the test will be conducted at Visakhapatnam centre only.
- Andhra University reserves the right to: ( i ) allot a Centre other than the candidate’s choice, ( ii ) conduct or not to conduct any test and ( iii ) cancel a Test / Test – Centre based on the number of candidates opted for the Test / Test Centre.
- When the number of applications is less than the number of seats for any test, the test will not be conducted and admissions will be made based on the marks obtained in qualifying degree.
Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test 2018 Selection Process
- Admission shall be based on the AUCET-2018 Rank, subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test 2018 Important Dates
|1||Commencement of Submission of online Applications||22nd March, 2018|
|2||Last date for submission of online Applications||21st April, 2018|
|3||Last Date for submission of online Applications with late fee||30th April, 2018|
|4||Upload of corrections by the candidates regarding the Online Applications||25th - 27th April, 2018|
|5||Downloading Hall-Tickets from website||04th May, 2018|
|6||Commencement of Entrance Test ( Tentative )||13th May, 2018|
|7||Date of Publication of Results ( Tentative )||21st May, 2018|
Waltair Junction, Visakhapatnam,
Andhra Pradesh, 530003.
Phone : 0891 2844000 | 2844197 ),
Email : email@example.com,
Website : andhrauniversity.edu.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.