Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CATExams Date »
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT 2018
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission into UG and PG courses through WAT / CAT examinations for the academic session 2018.
- B.Sc. ( Fashion & Apparel Design )
- M.Sc. ATM ( Fashion & Apparel Design )
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT 2018 Eligibility
- The admission to the Army Institute of Fashion and Design is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex Army personnel and wards of war widows / widows of the Army.
- The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to Army Institute of Fashion and Design along with the Application Form.
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Children of ex Army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board / invalided medical board.
- This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
Adopted / Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows
- Adopted child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases
- Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers / Army Dental Corps Officers Presently Serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force ( IN / IAF ).
- Wards of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years.
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS / MNS / TA Personnel.
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 ( 52 ) / 88 / D ( Res ) dated 19th July, 1989.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have completed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P & T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
- Post Graduate Course only. Unsubscribed seats from those meant for Army wards to be filled up as follows
- Priority One. Wards of ex Army personnel who have continuous service between 5 ( five ) to 10 ( ten ) years in Army.
- Priority Two. Wards of persons of Assam Rifles.
- UG Course : The applicant must have passed 11th and 12th Std having studied same combination for two years regular students with a minimum of 35% aggregate marks from a board recognized by UGC / University.
- Bangalore University norms will be followed with regard to admission approval, refund of fees and retention of original documents from time to time.
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination as a regular candidate are only eligible for admission to B.Sc. ( FAD ) as per Bangalore University norms. Candidates who have passed through distance education system or privately through NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) have to offer the same combination of subjects in both 11th and 12th Standard.
- UG admission through Written Admission Test ( WAT ).
- PG Course : Candidates who have passed the three year Bachelor’s degree examination of Bangalore University or any other University considered as equivalent there to in Science / Engineering in Fashion & Apparel Design / Textiles & Clothing / Apparel & Fashion Technology / Fashion Designing / Costume & Apparel Design / Costume Design and Fashion / Textile Technology / Silk Technology with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate are eligible for admission to PG Course.
- PG Admission through Creative Aptitude Test ( CAT ).
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT 2018 Seats
- B.Sc. ( Fashion & Apparel Design ) – 60 Seats
- M.Sc. ATM ( Fashion & Apparel Design ) – 20 Seats
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT Exam Pattern 2018
WAT / CAT will consist of 100 Marks objective type test items to be responded to by the candidates in the allocated duration of three hours. The test will have the following components
- Intelligence and Reasoning Test.
- General Awareness Test.
- English Language Competency & Comprehension Test. ( including short essay )
- The medium of the test shall be English only.
- The sample Question Paper is given at the prospectus’.
- No negative marking will be done.
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT 2018 Application Form
How to apply
- Candidates are required to fill the application form given at the end of the e-Prospectus on the website www.aifdonline.in.
- Candidates are advised to check their eligibility before filling in their application form.
- Application forms duly completed in all respects along with relevant certificate documents should reach the following address latest by 25th March, 2018 for UG and 30th June, 2018 for PG.
The Principal. Army Institute of Fashion & Design,
Bangalore, Nagareshwara Nagenahalli,
Kothanur Post, Bangalore – 560077.
- The following documents are to be attached along with the application form
- Admit Card and Attendance Card.
- Proof of age as per Std X / XII or Equivalent Examination Mark-sheet /TC.
- Statement of Marks of qualifying examination with aggregate marks.
- Statement of Marks of higher degrees / examinations.
- Appropriate certificates in respect of various categories to avail priority of admission which are as under
- Certificate No 1 ( for children of serving Army Personnel having 10 years continuous service in the Army, Retired / Released / Discharged after 10 Years of service / killed in action / died during service / disabled in action / medically boarded out with pension ).
- Certificate No 2 ( for step children of Army Personnel who were born from wedlock where at least one parent belonged to the Army / adopted children of Army Personnel who have been adopted at least 5 Years prior to commencement of course ).
- Certificate No 3 ( for children of Army Medical Corps / AD Corps Officers serving in AIR Force / Navy Medical Establishment / MNS / APS and TA Personnel ).
- The e-Prospectus can be downloaded from the institute website free of cost.
- The filled application along with the relevant documents should be sent to Institute address with a Demand Draft of ₹500/- towards application fee in favour of “Army Institute of Fashion and Design” payable at Bangalore.
- A late fee of ₹100/- by 31st March, 2018 for UG and 05th July, 2018 for PG Courses will be levied.
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT 2018 Admit Card
- The admit card for the WAT / CAT will be sent to the candidates by ‘Registered Post’ on the address indicated by them on the white envelope provided with the application form. Candidates are requested to AFFIX STAMPS OF ₹40/- FOR THE PURPOSE.
- In case the admit card is not received by the candidate by 10th April, 2018 for WAT / 15th July, 2018 for CAT he / she should approach Principal, AIFD stating his / her full name, address and his / her application form number so as to facilitate the dispatch of the duplicate admit card ( Telephone No of AIFD is 09035316000 / 080-60669001 / 02 ).
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT 2018 Selection Process
- The result of the WAT published on 08th May, 2018 will be put up on the AIFD website www.aifdonline.in.
- The result will also be displayed by college at AIFD Bangalore, on the notice board.
- Candidates declared to have passed WAT will also be individually informed by AIFD Bangalore to that effect.
- The short listed students will be required to pay the Course registration fee of ₹10000/- & ₹5000/- for hostel through a Crossed Demand Draft in favour of “Army Institute of Fashion & Design” payable at Bangalore on or before 22nd May, 2018 ( within 10 days of publishing of the WAT on the website ).
- After the receipt of registration fee from the willing candidates, final list of UG admission will be announced in the Institute web site on 24th May, 2018.
- The PG candidates have to appear for the CAT and interview on 20th July, 2018 at AIFD, Bangalore.
- The candidates recommended for admission to the PG Course at AIFD, Bangalore will be informed through website on 30th July, 2018 and they will be required to pay ₹10000/- as Registration Fee for college & ₹5000/- for Hostel through a Crossed Demand Draft in favour of “Army Institute of Fashion & Design” payable at Bangalore on or before 12th August, 2018.
- Hostel admission is provided on the availability of the accommodation and preference is for the wards of Army Personnel.
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT 2018 Exam Centres
The following are the examination cities along with city code
- Pune ( 01 )
- Bangalore ( 02 )
- Delhi ( 03 )
- Kolkata ( 04 )
- Lucknow ( 05 )
- Guwahati ( 06 )
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT 2018 Important Dates
|S No||Event||UG Course||PG Course|
|1||Last date for receipt of application form||25th March, 2018||30th June, 2018|
|2||Last date for receipt of application form with late fee||31st March, 2018||05th July, 2018|
|3||Dispatch of admit cards to students||31st March, 2018||05th July, 2018 onwards|
|4||Written Admission Test ( WAT ) for UG only||28th April, 2018||-|
|5||Creative Aptitude Test ( CAT ) & Interview for PG only||-||20th July, 2018|
|Declaration of Results||WAT||CAT|
|6||Announcement of results ( only one list )||08th May, 2018||30th July, 2018|
|7||Registration of candidates for institute and hostel||On or before 22nd May, 2018||On or before 12th August, 2018|
|8||Announcement of final list of selected candidate||24th May, 2018|
|9||Dispatch of joining instructions to the selected candidates||25th May, 2018 onwards||14th August, 2018|
|10||Payment of balance of Institute and Hostel Fee and Last date to with draw the seat If the balance fee is not paid or candidate fails to withdraw seat, seat will be allotted to waiting list candidates and the registration fee will be forfeited.||On or before 06th June, 2018||On or before 24th August, 2018|
|11||Tentative date of Reporting to Institute for admission ( Selected candidates only )||18th June, 2018||03rd September, 2018|
|12||Commencement of course||19th June, 2018||04th September, 2018|
Army Institute of Fashion & Design (AIFD),
Kothanur PO, Bangalore – 560 077.
Website : www.aifdonline.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.