ASRB ARS NET Age LimitExams Date »
|Entrance Exam||Vacancy Details||Eligibility||Application Form||Application Fee||Plan of Examination||Exam Centres||Application Last Date|
ASRB ARS NET 2018 Age Limits
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years as on 01st August, 2018. There is no upper age limit for the National Eligibility Test. In service candidates of ICAR of less than 45 years in age as on 01st August, 2018 will also be eligible to appear subject to possession of prescribed qualifications. In service candidates of the State Agricultural Universities of less than 35 years in age as on 01st August, 2018 will be eligible to appear for ARS subject to possession of prescribed qualifications.
The upper age limit prescribed above will also be relaxable
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to SC or ST.
- Upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- For Physically Challenged candidates, the upper age limit will be relaxable upto a maximum of 10 years. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC are also covered under the Physically Challenged category will be eligible for grant of cumulative age relaxation under both the categories.
- For ARS the upper age limit for the candidates holding Ph.D. degree will be 35 years. Consequently the upper age limit for SC / ST / OBC / Person with Disability candidates holding Ph.D. degree will be relaxable by a further period of 3 years. Thus, the maximum limit for SC / ST candidates in such cases will be 40 years, for OBC candidates 38 years and for Physically Challenged candidate 45 years. In such cases the candidates should have obtained Ph.D. degree on or before 24th June, 2018 which is the reckoning date for age determination.
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
- To other bonafide displaced persons / repatriates of Indian origin / Defence Services Personnel / Border Security Force Personnel etc. as per the existing instructions of the Government of India on the subject.