Bangalore University PhD Entrance ExamExams Date »
Bangalore University PhD Entrance Exam 2016
Bangalore University Applications in the prescribed form for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy ( Ph.D ), are invited from the eligible candidates who are required to appear for entrance test.
Bangalore University PhD Eligibility 2016
1. Any candidate who has obtained a Post Graduate Degree from a recognized University securing not less than 55% marks shall be eligible to apply for the PhD Degree Program.
2. In the case of SC / ST / Cat-I / Persons with disability / Differently abled candidates, and those who are appointed on regular basis prior to 31st March, 1992 as teachers, librarians and physical education personnel in colleges and University Departments, the minimum marks shall be 50% provided the employees are continuing in service at the time of submission of application for registration.
3. If the results of Master’s Degree are declared in the form of grades / credits / cumulative points in their marks cards / transcripts, such grades / points shall be converted into percentage to assess the minimum eligibility criteria.
Bangalore University PhD 2016 Exam Pattern
- Maximum marks for Bangalore University PhD Entrance Test : 100.
- Nature of questions : Multiple choice questions of one mark each.
- Syllabus for Bangalore University PhD Entrance Test : Research Methodology and / or cognate / core subjects of the P.G. courses.
- Duration of Bangalore University PhD Entrance Test : 120 minutes
Bangalore University PhD 2016 Mode of Examination
1. The Bangalore University PhD entrance test for admission to Ph.D. Programs will be conducted centrally on the pattern of NET examination ( MCQ Papers ).
2. There shall be one paper at the Bangalore University PhD entrance test carrying 100 marks and shall be of 120 minutes duration.
3. There shall be 100 multiple choice questions ( each carrying one mark ).
4. Syllabus for Bangalore University PhD Entrance Test shall be Research Methodology and / or cognate / core subjects of the P.G. courses.
5. Paper shall be based on the respective discipline, in which the candidate intends to pursue the Ph.D. Program. The questions shall be based on the current syllabus of the Research Methodology and / or cognate / core subjects of the P.G. courses. The medium of language for paper setting shall be English except in Social Sciences with the latter papers will be set in both Kannada and English ( Faculty of Arts and Education / Physical Education except for languages ).
6. Each Paper shall be set by two external experts chosen by the Vice Chancellor out of the panel of 8 experts drawn from the approved respective P.G. List of external examiners. Each expert shall prepare one set of question paper with key answers, consisting of 100 Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ), distributed evenly among all the courses and all the units in each course with Kannada version wherever applicable.
7. The conduct of Bangalore University PhD Entrance Test / Valuation may be through the Registrar ( Evaluation ) / Chief Co – ordinator / co – ordinators appointed by the University for the said purpose or any other Officer of exam branch or entrusted to / in collaboration with any reputed organization / agency.
8. Consolidated Bangalore University PhD Merit List of all the candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test and marks obtained in the qualifying examination in the ratio of 50:50. However, the candidate has to secure overall minimum of 50% marks ( 45% for SC / ST / Cat.I, a further remission of 5% of marks may be considered, if the seats still remain vacant in those category, ) to be eligible for provisional registration.
9. The Bangalore University PhD Merit List of the candidates who have cleared UGC/UGC-CSIR-JRF Test/NET/ K-SLET/K-SET/GATE (during validity period with required score) FIP/QIP/ Recognized young researchers by DST, UGC, CSIR, AICTE etc./ obtained M.Phil degree through regular course work and not through distance education mode/ project fellow in sponsored major research projects/ Foreign candidates shall be prepared in that order, based on the percentage of marks secured by them at their qualifying examinations.
10. Names that appear in the Consolidated Merit Lists shall be notified and considered for the present vacancies only.
11. After the finalization of Consolidated Merit List, the university may arrange for the centralized counselling for the allotment of research supervisor/guide or may ask the departmental research committee of the respective department under the chairpersonship of the P. G Department to allot the candidates to the Research Supervisors based on the merit list, specialization stream of the candidate and the Research Supervisor, and the willingness of both the Research Supervisor and the Candidate.
12. No research guide shall act as an examiner for the Entrance Test if his / her relative ( as specified by the University from time to time ) is appearing for the Ph.D. entrance examination.
13. The merit / eligibility list of the qualified candidates who appeared for the entrance test, shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the respective P.G. Departments, also indicating the day and time of the interview / counseling. Attending the interview / counseling is mandatory.
14. The marks of candidates at the Entrance Test are valid for that examination only. The vacancies which arise subsequently in P.G. Departments in BUB and recognized research centers shall be filled only against the notification made by the University for Admission to Ph.D. Program.
Exemption from Bangalore University PhD Entrance Exam
Those who are exempted from taking Bangalore University PhD entrance test i.e., candidates who have cleared UGC/UGC-CSIR-JRF /NET/ K-SLET/K-SET/GATE (during validity period with required score)/ FIP/QIP/ Recognized young researchers by DST, UGC, CSIR, AICTE etc./ obtained M.Phil degree through regular course work and not through distance education mode / project fellows in sponsored major research projects / Foreign candidates fulfilling the requirement of eligibility governing the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D).
Necessary certificate has to be enclosed for claiming exemption from Bangalore University PhD entrance test, failing which the application will have to be considered under entrance test category and the candidate has to appear for the entrance test or exam.
The Bangalore University PhD admission for candidates exempted from Bangalore University PhD entrance test and those who appear in the entrance test will be made in the ratio of 50-50 among the available vacancies in each Department.
The candidates eligible under non-entrance category may also take Bangalore University PhD entrance test. The category beneficial to the candidate in the respective category will be considered.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.