Bioinformatics National Certification BINC ExaminationExams Date »
BINC Admission 2019
Pondicherry University, on behalf of the Department of Biotechnology ( DBT ), Government of India, will conduct the BioInformatics National Certification ( BINC ) examination. The objective of this examination is to identify bioinformatics professionals for further studies as well as to help potential employers in recruitment of candidates having exceptionally good Bioinformatics skills.
BINC Eligibility 2019
- Candidate must possess Bachelors / Master’s Degree in Life Science, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Agriculture, Veterinary, Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering & Technology are eligible to apply.
- Candidate need have any formal training diploma or certificate in bioinformatics.
- Candidates in final year of Bachelors / Master’s degree are also eligible to apply.
- There is no upper age limit for BINC Certification.
BINC Exam Pattern 2019
- The examination consists of Three papers.
- BINC is conducted in a way as to test bioinformatics knowledge to the core. The stringent testing includes 3 papers, with the syllabus consisting of six sections – Bioinformatics, Biology, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematics & Statistics, and Information Technology. This includes a preliminary objective paper, on clearing which candidates can appear in the subjective second paper and finally a computer based practical exam to test practical knowledge in Bioinformatics, which is programming related to bioinformatics.
|Paper||Type||No. of questions||Marks||Duration||Time|
|Paper I||Objective ( Online )||100||100||2 hours||10 AM-12 PM|
|Paper II||Short answers||20||200||3 hours||9 AM-12 PM|
|Paper III||Practicals||1||100||3 hours||2PM-5 PM|
- For Paper I there will be negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
- Candidates securing 40% or above marks in Paper I ONLY will be qualified to appear for Paper II and III.
- Candidates scoring a minimum of 40% or above in each papers ( Paper I, Paper II & Paper II I) will be certified.
BINC Application Form 2019
- BINC Application Form will be available at website : www.bcil.nic.in/BINC.html.
- BINC 2019 Online Application Form starts from the 4th week of April, 2019
- BINC 2019 Online Application Form the last date is last week of May, 2019
- Before applying for BINC candidates are requested to go through detailed notification & eligibility mentioned on the official website
- Candidates should fill their personal & academic information carefully in order to apply for the exam
- Candidates must upload their relevant documents through scanned copies only.
- Candidates are advised to take print out of application form & also note down to print admit card before the exam the application number generated after submitting the application
|SC / ST / PWD||[rupee] 200/-|
BINC Admit Card 2019
- Candidates will get Admit Card one week prior before the exam for paper-I on the official website
- Candidates will get admit card for paper-II only after securing 40% in paper-II
- No Physical Admit Card will be sent to students through post
- Candidates must not forget their Admit card on the day of the exam, otherwise, he / she shall not be allowed to seat in the exam
BINC Selection Procedure 2019
- BINC is a certification program for graduate and post-graduate students for recognizing their exceptional bioinformatics knowledge and skills and to improve their employment opportunities.
- The certification under Bioinformatics National Certification ( BINC ) scheme is given to the candidates after a three-tier selection process. The successful candidates are also eligible for availing Junior Research Fellowship ( JRF ) for pursuing Ph.D. in Bioinformatics at recognized Indian universities / institutes.
BINC Exam Centres 2019
- Paper I :
- Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Pune, Vadodara and Thiruvananthapuram
- Paper II & III :
- Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati ( to be added in advertisement ), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, and Thiruvananthapuram.
University of Pune
Pune 411 007
Phone : +91-20-2569 0195, 2569 2039
Fax : +91-20-2569 0087
|New Delhi||Golden Jubilee Computer Centre ICT Lab,
First Floor, Arts Block
Sri Venkateswara College,
University of Delhi
Benito Juarez Road
Dhaula Kuan New Delhi-110021
Center of Biotechnology
Sardar Patel Road, Guindy Campus
Chennai 600 025
Phone : +91-44-2235 0772
Fax : 91-44-2235 0299
P-1/12,C.I.T.Road Scheme-VII M
Kolkata 700 054
|Bangalore||Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology
IBAB, Biotech Park, Electronics City Phase I
Bangalore- 560 100
Phone: +91-80-2852 8901 /902/903
|Hyderabad||Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility
School of Life Sciences,
University of Hyderabad
Hyderabad 500046 AP, India
|Thiruvananthapuram||Department of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
(formerly Centre for Bioinformatics)
Karyavattom Campus, University of Kerala
|Guwahati||Department of Microbiology
College of Veterinary Science
Assam Agricultural University, Khanapara, Guwahati-781022
BINC Syllabus 2019
The syllabus consists of six sections. They are
- Physical Science
- Chemical Science
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Information Technology
BINC Results 2019
- Candidates appearing for paper-I will get their result in 3-4 days after the exam
- Candidates securing 40% marks in paper-I will be eligible to give examination of paper-II & III
- Candidates will get their final result after 10 days after the exam on the official website
BINC Important Dates 2019
|1||Online Application Form Starts||4th week of April, 2019
|2||Last date for online application form||Last week of May, 2019|
|3||Application Fee starts||3rd week of April, 2019|
|4||Application fee last date||Last week of May,2019|
|5||Display of Eligible candidates on website||2nd week of June, 2019
|6||Admit Card for Paper-I||2nd week of June, 2019
|7||BINC Exam for Paper-I ( Objective Type )||4th week of June, 2019
|8||Result for Paper - I||4th week of June, 2019|
|9||Admit Card for Paper - II||1st week of July, 2019|
|10||BINC Exam for Paper - II ( Short Answer )||3rd week of July, 2019|
|11||BINC Exam Paper - III ( Practical )||3rd week of July, 2019|
|12||Final Result||4th week of July, 2019|
Dr. Basant K. Tiwary
BINC Examination Center for Bioinformatics
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Puducherry 605014, India.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Website : www.bcil.nic.in/BINC.html